MillerLite13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MillerLite13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MillerLite13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MillerLite13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MillerLite13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MillerLite13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MillerLite13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MillerLite13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MillerLite13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MillerLite13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MillerLite13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Workout Routine for the College Student?

So I'm going to be returning to college soon and want to continue working out. I want to lift every day during the week and take each weekend off. Below is my proposed plan. I've taken a workout routine from one of the stickies and slightly modified it. Any input would be greatly appreaciated, since this is my first time moving to such a routine. Thank you to all in advance for your input!

Each exercise 2-4 sets, reps 5-8.

(monday)-Back/Bis
    Deadlifts
    A Row
    Chins or Pulldows
    Bicep Curl

(tuesday)-Chest/Tris
    Bench
    DB or Inc Bench
    Chest Dips
    Triceps Isolation

(wednesday)-Legs/Shoulders
    Squat
    GHR (Glute Ham Raise)
    Military Press
    Calf Work

(thursday)-Back/Bis
    Deadlifts
    A Row
    Chins or Pulldows
    Bicep Curl

(friday)-Chest/Tris
    Bench
    DB or Inc Bench
    Chest Dips
    Triceps Isolation

**note: ab work will be done each day, as well as cardio 3 days a week.

paroot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paroot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paroot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paroot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paroot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paroot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paroot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paroot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paroot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paroot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paroot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I once did my split like that!

Toss in a shrug and a lateral raise for the shoulder.
    abs every day not a great idea.
    with only 4 exercises per day, might require more than 2-4 sets.
    As far as the rep range goes, looks like one from hypertrophy, 80% of your max. You're a small guy so stick with good form and have good rests in between sets.
    Don't forget to warm up.
    Last edited by paroot; 07-28-2011 at 12:04 AM.
    Jan 29, 2012 - 240.4
    April 20, 2012 - ???.?

We will see...

MillerLite13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MillerLite13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MillerLite13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MillerLite13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MillerLite13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MillerLite13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MillerLite13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MillerLite13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MillerLite13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MillerLite13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MillerLite13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by paroot View Post
    I once did my split like that!

Toss in a shrug and a lateral raise for the shoulder.
    abs every day not a great idea.
    with only 4 exercises per day, might require more than 2-4 sets.
    As far as the rep range goes, looks like one from hypertrophy, 80% of your max. You're a small guy so stick with good form and have good rests in between sets.
    Don't forget to warm up.
    I'm actually wanting to do more like 5 or 6 exercises per day, but I'm not sure what to add to each day to improve them. Any suggestions for the days?

Also, why is 15 minutes of ab work daily not a good idea? I've been doing that for a little over a year and it seems to have good results thus far.

Sorry to ask so many questions, but what is a good warmup?

thanks guys.

So this currently I have this as my workout plan. Any critiques?

(monday)-Back/Bis
    Deadlifts
    A Row
    Bicep Curl
    Chins or Pulldows
    Preacher Curls

(tuesday)-Chest/Tris
    Bench
    Chest Dips
    Incine Bench
    Triceps Isolation
    Decline Bench

(wednesday)-Legs/Shoulders
    Squat
    GHR (Glute Ham Raise)
    Military Press
    Calf Work
    Shrugs
    Lat Raise

(thursday)-Back/Bis
    Deadlifts
    A Row
    Bicep Curl
    Chins or Pulldows
    Preacher Curls

(friday)-Chest/Tris
    Bench
    Chest Dips
    Incine Bench
    Triceps Isolation
    Decline Bench

-15 minuetes of Ab work every day.

Bump.
    Anyone?

GoJackets89 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoJackets89 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoJackets89 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoJackets89 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoJackets89 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoJackets89 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoJackets89 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoJackets89 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoJackets89 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoJackets89 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoJackets89 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    So you took the 3 day workout and added 2 extra back/bi and chest/tri days. Just hop on SS or a proven 5x5. I'm doing madcow's 5x5 now and eating a ton and hitting PRs every week so far. The routine's may not be bodybuilding routine's, but smaller guys like us need to get bigger and stronger before we move to a more bodybuilding type split

What is this SS program you're talking about?

I really want to try to work out some sort of a program that will allow me to lift each day monday through friday and take the weekends off. Is there anything out there like that?

mrdelvecio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrdelvecio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrdelvecio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrdelvecio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrdelvecio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrdelvecio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrdelvecio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrdelvecio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrdelvecio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrdelvecio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrdelvecio is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    just do whatever workout you wanna do. its more about how hard you lift then the routine. just make sure you like it so you stick with it. you probably wont be able to stick with a routine in college anyways. i never could, its hard to lift when youre drunk or hungover all the time hahaha

Yeah i think i'm going to stick with the routine in post 4. There's no way i'll lift on the weekends, because i'll probably be drunk or hungout saturday and sunday. What would you guys recommend as far as reps/sets?

GoJackets89 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoJackets89 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoJackets89 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoJackets89 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoJackets89 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoJackets89 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoJackets89 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoJackets89 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoJackets89 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoJackets89 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoJackets89 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by MillerLite13 View Post
    What is this SS program you're talking about?

I really want to try to work out some sort of a program that will allow me to lift each day monday through friday and take the weekends off. Is there anything out there like that?
    It's Starting Strength by Mark Rippetoe, go back and read the stickies. You don't need to train everyday as a beginner. A lot of people also recommend doing all pro's beginner workout since it's more of a bbing approach, as opposed to the beginner strength routines. Just get bigger and stronger and worry about the 5 day splits later down the road as these are usually what more advanced guys use.

Well i've already been lifting for just about a year, it just hasnt been a serious focused routine.