Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    NiceBoat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NiceBoat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NiceBoat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NiceBoat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NiceBoat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NiceBoat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NiceBoat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NiceBoat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NiceBoat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NiceBoat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NiceBoat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

If species do not evolve

And creationism is correct, why were ruminant animals built with the need to vomit up plant matter to better digest it? Wouldn't they be created with an organ built to accept the plant food as is and digest it whole? Furthermore, why four stomachs? If it was designed, couldn't they just give them one stomach to digest rather than four? The whole thing seems more like something that accidentally happens and yet was workable, rather than designed with intent to me.

It seems that if creationism is correct, god is a lousy designer, as this seems rather inefficient.
    I think the one point we can all agree on is that even if evolution isn't correct, semitope is still wrong.

Gage is one of the new Founding Fathers, his courage may restore the republic yet. -Voodoo101

Hay guise we gots ourselves some new founding fathers, and they will save us from our evil guberment by begging for money on the internet all the while never facing any real threat to their person by the giant, evil, and ruthless government that had zero problem killing around 5k citizens!

Posthardcore is just really nice. (+1000) Posthardcore is just really nice. (+1000) Posthardcore is just really nice. (+1000) Posthardcore is just really nice. (+1000) Posthardcore is just really nice. (+1000) Posthardcore is just really nice. (+1000) Posthardcore is just really nice. (+1000) Posthardcore is just really nice. (+1000) Posthardcore is just really nice. (+1000) Posthardcore is just really nice. (+1000) Posthardcore is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by NiceBoat View Post
    And creationism is correct, why were ruminant animals built with the need to vomit up plant matter to better digest it? Wouldn't they be created with an organ built to accept the plant food as is and digest it whole? Furthermore, why four stomachs? If it was designed, couldn't they just give them one stomach to digest rather than four? The whole thing seems more like something that accidentally happens and yet was workable, rather than designed with intent to me.

It seems that if creationism is correct, god is a lousy designer, as this seems rather inefficient.
    The cop-out is that God does as He pleases. He's trying to fool us with evolution and testing our faith.

lulz

semitope semitope semitope semitope semitope semitope semitope semitope semitope semitope semitope

We really wouldn't have the variety of animals we have now, would we? I think he made a LOT of variety in this world, think of anything reasonable and you can probably find an animal that does it. I don't know why you think it needs to be otherwise.

Originally Posted by Posthardcore View Post
    The cop-out is that God does as He pleases. He's trying to fool us with evolution and testing our faith.

lulz
    He is not trying to fool you unless you are intent on being a fool. You drawing dumb conclusions at every turn from what he has done doesn't mean he set out to fool you. Another person can look at what the OP mentioned and be amazed by variety.

OP, animals evolve, just not into other kinds of animals. They adapt within their make. I don't understand how you guys would explain the massive variety we see. Why some animals would develop such unique and detailed systems through mutations. Why would one develop wings and the systems that support flight? At the very least a sensible person would consider direction.
    Is there no limit to what people will believe if it is prefaced by the phrase,
    "Scientists say" ?

I rep back +0

Christianyouth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Christianyouth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Christianyouth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Christianyouth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Christianyouth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Christianyouth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Christianyouth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Christianyouth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Christianyouth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Christianyouth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Christianyouth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    When I want to know about the paleo diet I go to the vegetarian message boards and likewise when I have a question about theism I go ask the atheists
    /herpderp

brb, need to know about D2 receptors, going to the yoga forums

NiceBoat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NiceBoat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NiceBoat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NiceBoat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NiceBoat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NiceBoat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NiceBoat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NiceBoat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NiceBoat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NiceBoat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NiceBoat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by semitope View Post
    We really wouldn't have the variety of animals we have now, would we? I think he made a LOT of variety in this world, think of anything reasonable and you can probably find an animal that does it. I don't know why you think it needs to be otherwise.
    So he made inefficient animals that would die out just to die out?

It seems perfectly reasonable that some species would be weaker than others, so god creates weaker beings to be preyed on by the strong and wiped out.

Isn't his kindness amazing?
    I think the one point we can all agree on is that even if evolution isn't correct, semitope is still wrong.

Gage is one of the new Founding Fathers, his courage may restore the republic yet. -Voodoo101

Hay guise we gots ourselves some new founding fathers, and they will save us from our evil guberment by begging for money on the internet all the while never facing any real threat to their person by the giant, evil, and ruthless government that had zero problem killing around 5k citizens!

The Blood Is Love Oprahwindfury's Avatar
    Oprahwindfury is just really nice. (+1000) Oprahwindfury is just really nice. (+1000) Oprahwindfury is just really nice. (+1000) Oprahwindfury is just really nice. (+1000) Oprahwindfury is just really nice. (+1000) Oprahwindfury is just really nice. (+1000) Oprahwindfury is just really nice. (+1000) Oprahwindfury is just really nice. (+1000) Oprahwindfury is just really nice. (+1000) Oprahwindfury is just really nice. (+1000) Oprahwindfury is just really nice. (+1000)

Agreed, ever take a sip of water and "realize" that your eso****us is right next to your windpipe? **** pisses me off.

rattler280 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rattler280 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rattler280 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rattler280 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rattler280 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rattler280 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rattler280 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rattler280 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rattler280 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rattler280 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rattler280 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I have a question. If we evolved from monkeys, and are as intelligent as we are today, why aren't there other species that have evolved to an intelligence level even remotely close to where we are? Shouldn't there be say........something that evolved out of giraffes, whales, bears or any other animal to an intelligence level at least close to ours? This is a serious question btw. I would consider myself somewhere between agnostic and atheist and have always wondered this.
    Canada for Trump 2016

Canadiangunnutz
    NFA and CSSA member

semitope semitope semitope semitope semitope semitope semitope semitope semitope semitope semitope
    So he made inefficient animals that would die out just to die out?

It seems perfectly reasonable that some species would be weaker than others, so god creates weaker beings to be preyed on by the strong and wiped out.

Isn't his kindness amazing?
    animals? wasn't your kindness amazing when you feasted on your last piece of meat. gtho with that.

Also on your point of inefficiency. Where in your OP is that? Ruminants are still alive an kicking last I checked. They only have one stomach with compartments

Why would evolution have gone that way either if its inefficient? Sheesh.
    "Scientists say" ?

I rep back +0

Originally Posted by rattler280 View Post
    I have a question. If we evolved from monkeys, and are as intelligent as we are today, why aren't there other species that have evolved to an intelligence level even remotely close to where we are? Shouldn't there be say........something that evolved out of giraffes, whales, bears or any other animal to an intelligence level at least close to ours? This is a serious question btw. I would consider myself somewhere between agnostic and atheist and have always wondered this.
    Dolphins, iirc have intelligence on an almost human level. Chimps as well, as a few other closely related chimps.

There are other forms of intelligent life, squids for example are very intelligent.

TheAdlerian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheAdlerian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheAdlerian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheAdlerian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheAdlerian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheAdlerian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheAdlerian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheAdlerian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheAdlerian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheAdlerian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheAdlerian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

When god is used to explain things anything is possible.

He may have created cows specifically for you to write your post.

Dolphins, iirc have intelligence on an almost human level. Chimps as well, as a few other closely related chimps.

There are other forms of intelligent life, squids for example are very intelligent.
    They have brains the size of a humans in relation to body size, but intelligence-wise, not close.
    "Scientists say" ?

I rep back +0

AudiRS6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AudiRS6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AudiRS6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AudiRS6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AudiRS6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AudiRS6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AudiRS6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AudiRS6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AudiRS6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AudiRS6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AudiRS6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Have you ever read a fuking book? Maybe read one about human evolution and then come back in here and edit your post.

Rdez is just really nice. (+1000) Rdez is just really nice. (+1000) Rdez is just really nice. (+1000) Rdez is just really nice. (+1000) Rdez is just really nice. (+1000) Rdez is just really nice. (+1000) Rdez is just really nice. (+1000) Rdez is just really nice. (+1000) Rdez is just really nice. (+1000) Rdez is just really nice. (+1000) Rdez is just really nice. (+1000)

Because they would eat too much vegetation then, destroying the balance. They evolved or were created (take your pick) to take advantage of food that other forms of life were not well suited to eat.

???

Originally Posted by Rdez View Post
    Because they would eat too much vegetation then, destroying the balance. They evolved or were created (take your pick) to take advantage of food that other forms of life were not well suited to eat.

???
    I understand that they evolved to eat something that little other animal life could take advantage of for nutirtion.

The point was they have 4 stomachs, they have to vomit it up to allow it to digest and become nutrients.

This is rather lousy design when considering what an omnipotent god is capable of. However if it was a gradual process getting there, four stomachs and the need to vomit it up might just be one phase of an eventual change that leads to a more efficient form of digestion.

BTW semi, even if YOU believe that species change and evolve with in species, most in the YEC movement do not believe even that, and that the t-rex was on noahs arc and all sorts of stuff like that. At least you are not that far gone.

BBmisc420196 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BBmisc420196 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BBmisc420196 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BBmisc420196 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BBmisc420196 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BBmisc420196 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BBmisc420196 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BBmisc420196 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BBmisc420196 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BBmisc420196 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BBmisc420196 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Christianyouth View Post
    When I want to know about the paleo diet I go to the vegetarian message boards and likewise when I have a question about theism I go ask the atheists
    /herpderp

brb, need to know about D2 receptors, going to the yoga forums
    Theists know less about religion than atheists do, and there are studies to back this notion up.
    You are the herp derp it seems.....
    The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.
    ~Mikhail Bakunin

Originally Posted by BBmisc420196 View Post
    Theists know less about religion than atheists do, and there are studies to back this notion up.
    You are the herp derp it seems.....
    more like atheists think they know more about religion than theists do, the same way they think they are smarter. delusional
    "Scientists say" ?

I rep back +0

I understand that they evolved to eat something that little other animal life could take advantage of for nutirtion.

The point was they have 4 stomachs, they have to vomit it up to allow it to digest and become nutrients.

This is rather lousy design when considering what an omnipotent god is capable of. However if it was a gradual process getting there, four stomachs and the need to vomit it up might just be one phase of an eventual change that leads to a more efficient form of digestion.

BTW semi, even if YOU believe that species change and evolve with in species, most in the YEC movement do not believe even that, and that the t-rex was on noahs arc and all sorts of stuff like that. At least you are not that far gone.
    Why on earth would evolution do that? You are here saying the design is inefficient, so if it is, why would they be naturally selected for? Why would they even develop more than one stomach compartment? You really are just bending this to suit your needs. You default to the position that God must not have known what he was doing (even though these animals are doing quite well)
    "Scientists say" ?

I rep back +0

Why on earth would evolution do that? You are here saying the design is inefficient, so if it is, why would they be naturally selected for? Why would they even develop more than one stomach compartment? You really are just bending this to suit your needs. You default to the position that God must not have known what he was doing (even though these animals are doing quite well)
    If they can turn a source of material that nothing else eats into something edible it gives them an advantage that a readily available source of food offers.

Its the same with humans and the ability to drink milk. The reason why a lot of people in the west and africa can drink milk even after being a child is because of the natural edge it gave due to it being a nutrient rich source of food that was plentiful.

Its the same concept with eating grass. As they gradually were more and more able to eat it they could beat out other herbivore competition because they didn't need to expend as much energy searching for food. They could also sustain a larger population, or grow to become larger and better able to defend themselves a lot easier. There is a natural advantage, however the ability to eat grass in its current form has some flaws that, if it was designed, make little sense.

dave.mc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dave.mc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dave.mc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dave.mc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dave.mc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dave.mc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dave.mc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dave.mc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dave.mc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dave.mc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dave.mc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Evolution is about survival and adapting to environments, intelligence is not a primary requirement for a species to survive.

BBmisc420196 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BBmisc420196 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BBmisc420196 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BBmisc420196 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BBmisc420196 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BBmisc420196 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BBmisc420196 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BBmisc420196 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BBmisc420196 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BBmisc420196 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BBmisc420196 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    more like atheists think they know more about religion than theists do, the same way they think they are smarter. delusional
    Actually there is real, tangible evidence. Something you are not used to requiring for your beliefs, but here ya go

http://pewforum.org/other-beliefs-an...ge-survey.aspx

Everyone took the same survey, religious people scored the lowest. Not uprising to see Christians, much like yourself, being the least knowledgeable of religion.....
    The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.
    ~Mikhail Bakunin

Streetbull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Streetbull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Streetbull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Streetbull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Streetbull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Streetbull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Streetbull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Streetbull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Streetbull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Streetbull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Streetbull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I prefer Stephen King's view of God...God is infinitely intelligent and gets infinitely bored. God therefore is putting on an infinite play.

Think of how amusing humanity is: in a West Virginia school, a teacher and the principal were caught smoking meth.

"CHARLESTON, W.Va. - A West Virginia public vocational school has been shut down indefinitely after traces of methamphetamine were found throughout the building during an investigation of the principal and a teacher.

State Police Sgt. Andy Perdue said Monday that traces of the drug were found in the ducts, principal's office, hallways and bathrooms of the Boone County Career and Technical Center. Perdue says the teacher admitted he smoked meth with the principal in the principal's office."

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/offbeat/art...#ixzz1TRC53xMI

Watching cows vomit up food is amusing, so...it happens. (Stolifun posts pics of the vomit here every once in awhile.)

That sort of stuff goes on constantly and God is amused.
    “From this day to the ending of the world,
    But we in it shall be rememberèd—
    We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
    For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
    Shall be my brother...”

flairon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) flairon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) flairon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) flairon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) flairon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) flairon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) flairon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) flairon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) flairon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) flairon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) flairon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Or another similar question...if humans dont/didnt evolve, and science has already traced pretty much every human genetically to Africa, how do the religious explain the different races?

Location: Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Actually there is real, tangible evidence. Something you are not used to requiring for your beliefs, but here ya go

Everyone took the same survey, religious people scored the lowest. Not uprising to see Christians, much like yourself, being the least knowledgeable of religion.....
    Just took one of those quizes and got 97% correct... rawr. I am informed. Ok I did guess on the Pakistan question and assumed they are Muslim... but hey.

JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by flairon View Post
    Or another similar question...if humans dont/didnt evolve, and science has already traced pretty much every human genetically to Africa, how do the religious explain the different races?
    The Tower of Babel.

flairon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) flairon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) flairon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) flairon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) flairon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) flairon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) flairon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) flairon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) flairon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) flairon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) flairon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by JasonDB View Post
    The Tower of Babel.
    I believe that is the religious explanation for different languages.

drpurple is a name known to all. (+5000) drpurple is a name known to all. (+5000) drpurple is a name known to all. (+5000) drpurple is a name known to all. (+5000) drpurple is a name known to all. (+5000) drpurple is a name known to all. (+5000) drpurple is a name known to all. (+5000) drpurple is a name known to all. (+5000) drpurple is a name known to all. (+5000) drpurple is a name known to all. (+5000) drpurple is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by JasonDB View Post
    Just took one of those quizes and got 97% correct... rawr. I am informed. Ok I did guess on the Pakistan question and assumed they are Muslim... but hey.
    i got 80%, but having said that, a couple of questions i got wrong, i kind of realised i got wrong after i clicked next.
    dont be bitchin about somebody not being a mexican while ignoring someone who isnt irish.

Originally Posted by flairon View Post
    I believe that is the religious explanation for different languages.
    Fundimentalists Christians often use it to explain the creation of different races and ethnic groups as well.

oh...well tower of babel it is then. makes way more sense that a tower to god was trying to be built than environmental influences creating adaptations over time.

Seems they know the most about their own religion. *shrug* now we go on to arguing about which is more important and if the questions were the right ones. Also if the difference is significant.

More than four-in-ten Catholics in the United States (45%) do not know that their church teaches that the bread and wine used in Communion do not merely symbolize but actually become the body and blood of Christ. About half of Protestants (53%) cannot correctly identify Martin Luther as the person whose writings and actions inspired the Protestant Reformation, which made their religion a separate branch of Christianity. Roughly four-in-ten Jews (43%) do not recognize that Maimonides, one of the most venerated rabbis in history, was Jewish.

In addition, fewer than half of Americans (47%) know that the Dalai Lama is Buddhist. Fewer than four-in-ten (38%) correctly associate Vishnu and Shiva with Hinduism. And only about a quarter of all Americans (27%) correctly answer that most people in Indonesia – the country with the world’s largest Muslim population – are Muslims.
    This stuff doesn't even apply to what we talk about here.
    "Scientists say" ?

I rep back +0

Whoda has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Whoda has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Whoda has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Whoda has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Whoda has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Whoda has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Whoda has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Whoda has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Whoda has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Whoda has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Whoda has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    You are using broad strokes in talking about creationism. Tell me this, where in the bible does is say animals do not involve? Or is this just too complicated for a creator who created the whole cosmos?