suzanne4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Deadlift Sticking point ....

Opinions & help appreciated ... * i have been stuck at 490lbs ish on my Deadlift for a year or so now and want to get it creeping up again. I can get 490lbs up off the floor but struggle after this point. I try to keep my back arched but inevitably it does bend at this weight. I have tried a couple of 6-8 week programs based around pyramids and band work but it hasn't really helped. My squat is going up weekly and i would say i can squat 180kg ish on most days of the week. I think my core may be at fault? I'm 6"3 and weigh 110kg at a pretty high bodyfat, prob 20% ish. Overall my strength is pretty balanced but while my squat keeps climbing my dead is sticking? help.

arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by suzanne4 View Post
    Opinions & help appreciated ... * i have been stuck at 490lbs ish on my Deadlift for a year or so now and want to get it creeping up again. I can get 490lbs up off the floor but struggle after this point. I try to keep my back arched but inevitably it does bend at this weight. I have tried a couple of 6-8 week programs based around pyramids and band work but it hasn't really helped. My squat is going up weekly and i would say i can squat 180kg ish on most days of the week. I think my core may be at fault? I'm 6"3 and weigh 110kg at a pretty high bodyfat, prob 20% ish. Overall my strength is pretty balanced but while my squat keeps climbing my dead is sticking? help.
    Do you pull sumo or conventional? Do you have any videos so we can see your form? Are you on a caloric surplus? Do you do cardio or any other kind of exercise? Do you have your own deadlift day or do you do it after squats? What were the name of these programs you were on?
    1372 @ 205
    USAPL Senior International Coach & IPF Cat II Referee
    Squats & Science Head Coach
    http://squatsandscience.com/sscoaching/

Boynton Barbell Center:
    http://boyntonbarbellcenter.com/

YouTube Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/ariandbz

muscle_g is just really nice. (+1000) muscle_g is just really nice. (+1000) muscle_g is just really nice. (+1000) muscle_g is just really nice. (+1000) muscle_g is just really nice. (+1000) muscle_g is just really nice. (+1000) muscle_g is just really nice. (+1000) muscle_g is just really nice. (+1000) muscle_g is just really nice. (+1000) muscle_g is just really nice. (+1000) muscle_g is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by arian11 View Post
    Do you pull sumo or conventional? Do you have any videos so we can see your form? Are you on a caloric surplus? Do you do cardio or any other kind of exercise? Do you have your own deadlift day or do you do it after squats? What were the name of these programs you were on?

This
    also where is your sticking point?
    Best lifts
    615sq/450bp/500dl Multi ply
    550sq/400bp/510dl Single ply
    425sq/305bp/485dl Raw

Originally Posted by arian11 View Post
    arian11 - i pull conventional, began as sumo but*haven't*revisited for about 2 years. I have no videos currently but will post asap. I'm not on a caloric surplus, just eat to much, i'm currently cutting my portions but still take in about 200-300gr of protein a day,*sufficient*carbs and fats, i do feel strong when i'm at the gym and*wouldn't*say i lack energy. I play football maybe once every 10 days, but my workout's are quick and approx 40-60 mins with little rest between set's, 3-4 times a week. *of set regularly. I do a max of one basic lift per body part and maybe 2 or 3 at most assistance exercises, i change the reps and style. I do dead lift after squats. My week goes - leg and back day, rest day, pressing day, rest day, arms day (grip and forearm) and also core. I don't know the names of the names of the program, i have done the cohan program working up to 80% then maxing out over 8weeks, my band work was off a raised platform to simulate the top half of the lift, and started with higher reps and lower weight then ended in week 6 with low reps and heavy weight.

SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    we need a video cause your form probably sucks. No E hate but it most likely needs a lot of work
    ***Georgia Crew***

Originally Posted by SPFjudge View Post
    we need a video cause your form probably sucks. No E hate but it most likely needs a lot of work
    yeah ok, no offence taken, i'll take one at my next session and post, thanks.