meccassault has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Nitric Oxide...Pros/Cons/Side Effects.?

Ok, I am a hard gainer, I am cut, in shape very athletic...but, gaining a lot of sizable mass is hard for me...My metabolism is sky high at 28 yrs old. Not a bad thing per say, most yell at me b/c i eat whatever i want and don't gain...but, those are ppl that don't really know much about fitness or the weight i am aiming for..not unhealthy crap weight...Anyway, I usually just use whey and creatine..

Getting to the point, I picked up some NO Fury...the cheap ****, just to see what the hype was, and if it did anything at all, maybe I'd get the better stuff and go from there...However, I've read on here and other sites from NO users (regardless of brand choosing), that it doesn't have bad side effects for the most part...It got me more curious seeing that it's not getting much negative reviews as far as side effects went...at least what little I read on it thus far...I'm not naive, in that, I know NOS and NO has been on the market for YEARS, but has been very popular in more recent times... I just never really gave it much thought till now...

Tonight, though, I found this link, which, unfortunately, I cannot post, b/c i dont have 30 yet...figures...Sooo...I'll just copy/paste into here the article.

after reading just this one thing, it's kinda making me think twice about ever using NO regardless of the type, brand , etc...If you take a minute to read the article , let me know your thoughts...I've got friends using NO of many brands and they're not in deep enough to have experienced most of these effects I'm guessing...But, based on what is on this article, it's not pretty...

thoughts? I'm looking for advice or clarity or both...Thanks!

ARTICLE BEGINS:
    There are noted Nitric Oxide side effects. It is known to produce neurotoxicity through the development of Olney’s lesions which is damage to the posterior cingulate and retrospenial cortices of the brain found in an experiment done in rodents.

Most people use this type Nitric Oxide as supplements for bodybuilding. There are several cases noted where misuse of this products brought on severe damage to the body and often times even led to death. The noted side effects are headache and nausea, fatigue or extreme weakness and diarrhea. Others also complain of fainting spells, discomfort due to rapid heart rate, palpitations, dry mouth, skin irritation and water retention in the body. There are also several side effects when this product is taken in large doses such as wheezing, breathing problems, itching, vomiting, tremors, hives, asthma, severe sweating and tremors. An extreme high amount of Nitric oxide is being produced in the body when a person suffers from poisoning, as a result leading the person to have a low blood pressure that may result to death. When a person suffers from a stroke, the nerve cells stop receiving the right amount of oxygen, letting the body to produce Nitric Oxide which causes death in a person.

Nitric Oxide is known to have hematologic side effects such as methemoglobinemia, cardiovascular effects such as hypotension, respiratory side effects such as atelectasis and stridor, renal side effects such as hematuria and metabolic side effects such as hyperglycemia. Other side effects reported are withdrawal symptoms, sepsis, infection, cellulitis and headaches.

Generally the use of Nitric Oxide is known to cause short term effects such as short term decreases in mental performance, audiovisual ability and manual dexterity. Long term exposure can also cause vitamin B12 deficiency, numbness and reproductive side effects. Biologically, Nitric Oxide is known to deactivate the cobalamin form of B12 by oxidation so naturally people who are exposed to this product or gas may manifest symptoms of vitamin B12 deficiency including sensory neuropathy, myelopathy and encephalopathy. There is also a study done that shows adverse reproductive effects among pregnant females as a result from chronic exposure to this product or gas.

Cr3echer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cr3echer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cr3echer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cr3echer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cr3echer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cr3echer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cr3echer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cr3echer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cr3echer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cr3echer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cr3echer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    My only experience is NO XPLODE and I kept getting the worst Hershey ****s mid workout so I quit taking it.

I remember reading something from Eric Cressey who said it was useless, but idk for sure. I'll grab the book and read it again and update my post.

meccassault has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks - Yeah that's the main minor yet uncomfortable, gross annoying effect I have heard about...I'm thinking more and more that this is just not a good idea. Thanks, let me know what you come up with from the book. Appreciate it.

Cr3echer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cr3echer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cr3echer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cr3echer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cr3echer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cr3echer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cr3echer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cr3echer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cr3echer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cr3echer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cr3echer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by meccassault View Post
    Thanks - Yeah that's the main minor yet uncomfortable, gross annoying effect I have heard about...I'm thinking more and more that this is just not a good idea. Thanks, let me know what you come up with from the book. Appreciate it.
    Granted he isn't a doctor, but what he addresses is arginine which is the main "NO boosting" supplement in most supplements.

he states "natural arginine levels far exceed anything you can take in pill form (without GI distress) to stimulate NO production."

he also says that in some studies arginine has been shown to mute the growth hormone response to resistance training.

if your looking for a pre-workout look in jack3d, hemo rage, or assault. but then decide if you want to deal with the side-effects of 1-3 dimethyl. (stim-dick) if you don't want to deal with that then I'm pretty sure assault by muscle pharm doesn't have it but i'm not positive.