Closed Thread
Page 19 of 331 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 69 119 ... LastLast
    Liftamulti is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Liftamulti is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Liftamulti is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Liftamulti is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Liftamulti is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Liftamulti is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Liftamulti is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Liftamulti is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Liftamulti is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Liftamulti is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Liftamulti is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by lc96 View Post
    and negging us.
    Well I just got negged for calling frosthammer gay but I'm already 54 points above where I was then.

Difference between bands and chains: bands are wacky cracky and chains are easy and make a cool noise.
    I don't care.

LegosInMyEgos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegosInMyEgos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegosInMyEgos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegosInMyEgos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegosInMyEgos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegosInMyEgos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegosInMyEgos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegosInMyEgos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegosInMyEgos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegosInMyEgos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegosInMyEgos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Alright, that makes sense, it's alot harder to maintain my usual bar path when I am using bands vs chains.

I guess I was using way too light a bar weight too, as I was using less than 40% for most of my sets.

I assume the range the range between 50 and 60 percent is because that range is optimal for power generation with bands, and that the manipulation of band and chain variation is simply to create a different stimulus over time?

Thanks.

Edit: and I guess you can peak with speed work too. I didn't know that.

Edit 2: Wow, using chains more often than bands when you explain it like that makes alot of sense too, never thought about speed work like that before.

isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Liftamulti View Post
    Well I just got negged for calling frosthammer gay but I'm already 54 points above where I was then.

Difference between bands and chains: bands are wacky cracky and chains are easy and make a cool noise.
    ...you're really not helping your case for not being "most annoying poster of the summer"
    *Mods/CS will not, nor can they change your username, so don't ask*
    *Mods/CS will not, nor can they mass delete your post history, so don't ask*

Liftamulti is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Liftamulti is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Liftamulti is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Liftamulti is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Liftamulti is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Liftamulti is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Liftamulti is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Liftamulti is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Liftamulti is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Liftamulti is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Liftamulti is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by isaku900 View Post
    ...you're really not helping your case for not being "most annoying poster of the summer"
    Bill, I like you, so I don't know why you can't like me back.
    I don't care.

isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by LegosInMyEgos View Post
    Alright, that makes sense, it's alot harder to maintain my usual bar path when I am using bands vs chains.

I guess I was using way too light a bar weight too, as I was using less than 40% for most of my sets.

I assume the range the range between 50 and 60 percent is because that range is optimal for power generation with bands, and that the manipulation of band and chain variation is simply to create a different stimulus over time?

Thanks.

Edit: and I guess you can peak with speed work too. I didn't know that.

Edit 2: Wow, using chains more often than bands when you explain it like that makes alot of sense too, never thought about speed work like that before.
    if you use too light a bar weight and use lots of band tension you're going to be all kinds of screwed, the bands will take over the bar and you'll be fighting them the whole time, there are appropriate levels of band tension to be using at different squat 1rms.

the 50-60 % is for me in gear, single or multi.
    for instance in multiply gear (903 max) I used about 450-500lbs of bar weight with contrast.
    in single ply (755 max) i was using 365-425 of bar weight with contrast.
    raw (600ish? I don't really know my max but I'm going off what feels good)-i'm using between 315-365 but i'm also training with other geared lifters so i'm using much more contrast than i would normally choose if everyone were lifting raw. for instance 350+160lbs of chain is a lot for raw speedwork, but would barely be enough to get to the box in multiply gear.
    raw lifters often find it more better to use 60-70% with lower contrast (meaning less chain weight or lighter bands) as the strength curve doesn't change as radically for a raw lifter as for a geared lifter.

all that said, you can see a vast difference in the ranges given and what i actually used on a given day in my training log, that's because somedays you go in and go "damn I can't do 10x2@425+average band" so I used less weight, the percentages are a guideline, not a rule.

I never calculate my bar weight as a percentage of my 1rm on a speed day, I go in and start lifting and see how I feel and see what feels fast/looks fast and has good form and then go from there. Later on when I'm logging my training and doing the video i'll do some quick calcs to see where I was and if i need to adjust anything, but even that is getting rarer as I learn more about how my body responds to volume/intensity.

Metal Jerk is a name known to all. (+5000) Metal Jerk is a name known to all. (+5000) Metal Jerk is a name known to all. (+5000) Metal Jerk is a name known to all. (+5000) Metal Jerk is a name known to all. (+5000) Metal Jerk is a name known to all. (+5000) Metal Jerk is a name known to all. (+5000) Metal Jerk is a name known to all. (+5000) Metal Jerk is a name known to all. (+5000) Metal Jerk is a name known to all. (+5000) Metal Jerk is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I got exertion headaches once, rep 16 of a 20 rep set of 245. finished it, wanted to honestly die..

Metal Jerk is a name known to all. (+5000) Metal Jerk is a name known to all. (+5000) Metal Jerk is a name known to all. (+5000) Metal Jerk is a name known to all. (+5000) Metal Jerk is a name known to all. (+5000) Metal Jerk is a name known to all. (+5000) Metal Jerk is a name known to all. (+5000) Metal Jerk is a name known to all. (+5000) Metal Jerk is a name known to all. (+5000) Metal Jerk is a name known to all. (+5000) Metal Jerk is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Its funny how 90% of your post content is acting like a smug douche-bag telling other posters not to post in this thread.

LegosInMyEgos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegosInMyEgos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegosInMyEgos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegosInMyEgos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegosInMyEgos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegosInMyEgos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegosInMyEgos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegosInMyEgos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegosInMyEgos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegosInMyEgos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegosInMyEgos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    if you use too light a bar weight and use lots of band tension you're going to be all kinds of screwed, the bands will take over the bar and you'll be fighting them the whole time, there are appropriate levels of band tension to be using at different squat 1rms.

the 50-60 % is for me in gear, single or multi.
    for instance in multiply gear (903 max) I used about 450-500lbs of bar weight with contrast.
    in single ply (755 max) i was using 365-425 of bar weight with contrast.
    raw (600ish? I don't really know my max but I'm going off what feels good)-i'm using between 315-365 but i'm also training with other geared lifters so i'm using much more contrast than i would normally choose if everyone were lifting raw. for instance 350+160lbs of chain is a lot for raw speedwork, but would barely be enough to get to the box in multiply gear.
    raw lifters often find it more better to use 60-70% with lower contrast (meaning less chain weight or lighter bands) as the strength curve doesn't change as radically for a raw lifter as for a geared lifter.

all that said, you can see a vast difference in the ranges given and what i actually used on a given day in my training log, that's because somedays you go in and go "damn I can't do 10x2@425+average band" so I used less weight, the percentages are a guideline, not a rule.

I never calculate my bar weight as a percentage of my 1rm on a speed day, I go in and start lifting and see how I feel and see what feels fast/looks fast and has good form and then go from there. Later on when I'm logging my training and doing the video i'll do some quick calcs to see where I was and if i need to adjust anything, but even that is getting rarer as I learn more about how my body responds to volume/intensity.
    Does the same concept hold true for a bench press too?

Or does this concept slightly change when bands are used for benching. Because I was referring to band resistance for a bench press, as I am still doing smolov. I will probably try and use some speed for work for squats after I finish the intense cycle.

Because I know there is a suggested rep difference on the bench(3 vs 2), so I figure there could easily be a bar weight difference aswell.

FrostHammer is a name known to all. (+5000) FrostHammer is a name known to all. (+5000) FrostHammer is a name known to all. (+5000) FrostHammer is a name known to all. (+5000) FrostHammer is a name known to all. (+5000) FrostHammer is a name known to all. (+5000) FrostHammer is a name known to all. (+5000) FrostHammer is a name known to all. (+5000) FrostHammer is a name known to all. (+5000) FrostHammer is a name known to all. (+5000) FrostHammer is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Metal Jerk View Post
    Its funny how 90% of your post content is acting like a smug douche-bag telling other posters not to post in this thread.
    Liftamulti is the worst person i have seen post on this board. He is a 16 year old 148lb douchebag with no social life who sits at his computer screen, anxiously awaiting someone to post on the family thread so he can respond immediately. He post whores in this thread. This isn't me making **** up, it's come from his own "mouth" so to speak.

He's just ****ing awful.
    "Cry Havoc and Let Slip the Dogs of War"

Training Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=144630491

FrostHammer is a name known to all. (+5000) FrostHammer is a name known to all. (+5000) FrostHammer is a name known to all. (+5000) FrostHammer is a name known to all. (+5000) FrostHammer is a name known to all. (+5000) FrostHammer is a name known to all. (+5000) FrostHammer is a name known to all. (+5000) FrostHammer is a name known to all. (+5000) FrostHammer is a name known to all. (+5000) FrostHammer is a name known to all. (+5000) FrostHammer is a name known to all. (+5000)

I don't give a **** if you have me on ignore, i have resisted telling you to kill yourself repeatedly, because the request, while it would be backed by others, would fall on deaf ears. Get a ****ing life outside of the internet, you'll be better for it and might not turn out to be a 40 year old shut in who lives in your moms basements.

Originally Posted by FrostHammer View Post
    Liftamulti is the worst person i have seen post on this board. He is a 16 year old 148lb douchebag with no social life who sits at his computer screen, anxiously awaiting someone to post on the family thread so he can respond immediately. He post whores in this thread. This isn't me making **** up, it's come from his own "mouth" so to speak.

He's just ****ing awful.
    dude hes just a kid. relax. you are 28 years old, maybe try to teach him how not to be annoying instead of wanting him dead..

you sure on that 90%?

Originally Posted by LegosInMyEgos View Post
    Does the same concept hold true for a bench press too?

Or does this concept slightly change when bands are used for benching. Because I was referring to band resistance for a bench press, as I am still doing smolov. I will probably try and use some speed for work for squats after I finish the intense cycle.

Because I know there is a suggested rep difference on the bench(3 vs 2), so I figure there could easily be a bar weight difference aswell.
    you can of course use the same principles for bench press, though on bench press I always caution that you should start way lighter than you think and *stay* lighter than you think for longer than you think.

I use 185-205 for speed work depending on contrast (chains or bands, i feel faster with bands), bands tend to beat up your joints on speed bench but are more effective so I like to use bands two weeks, chain the third, then straight weight (RE or regular speed work) on the 4th week then go back to bands.

obviously you're going to be using less band tension or chain weight for a bench press due to the lower weights in general, keeping the weight lighter and really focusing on speed through the whole range of motion will work best.

you sure on that 90%?

you can of course use the same principles for bench press, though on bench press I always caution that you should start way lighter than you think and *stay* lighter than you think for longer than you think.

I use 185-205 for speed work depending on contrast (chains or bands, i feel faster with bands), bands tend to beat up your joints on speed bench but are more effective so I like to use bands two weeks, chain the third, then straight weight (RE or regular speed work) on the 4th week then go back to bands.

obviously you're going to be using less band tension or chain weight for a bench press due to the lower weights in general, keeping the weight lighter and really focusing on speed through the whole range of motion will work best.
    Thank you, that was extremely helpful.

coachdeez is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachdeez is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachdeez is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachdeez is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachdeez is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachdeez is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachdeez is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachdeez is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachdeez is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachdeez is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachdeez is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Wow...the hatred is running high and the full moon isn't for another two weeks.
    615/385/635

coachdeez is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachdeez is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachdeez is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachdeez is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachdeez is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachdeez is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachdeez is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachdeez is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachdeez is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachdeez is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachdeez is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    New oly shoes....last week I was skeptical, this week I hit a PR. Ok, they can stay.
    615/385/635

dude hes just a kid. relax. you are 28 years old, maybe try to teach him how not to be annoying instead of wanting him dead..
    Which is why i offered the advice of getting off the internet for a while and have resisted the usual "kill yourself" spiel i indulge in when i run outta patience.

on a side note MJ, send me a text so i got your number back in my phone, i still havent gotten my numbers from my old one.

lts1ow is just really nice. (+1000) lts1ow is just really nice. (+1000) lts1ow is just really nice. (+1000) lts1ow is just really nice. (+1000) lts1ow is just really nice. (+1000) lts1ow is just really nice. (+1000) lts1ow is just really nice. (+1000) lts1ow is just really nice. (+1000) lts1ow is just really nice. (+1000) lts1ow is just really nice. (+1000) lts1ow is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by coachdeez View Post
    New oly shoes....last week I was skeptical, this week I hit a PR. Ok, they can stay.
    Ya, they are quite nice to lift with.
    200/165/270
    Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem

Originally Posted by FrostHammer View Post

He's just ****ing awful.
    I knew there was a reason I had you on my ignore list. No one feels this way except for you... Well maybe isaku but I don't know why. So go cry somewhere else. You, IMO, are a terrible poster that acts all hardcore and whines about torrtre and me all day. Plsgo.
    I don't care.

You got the romaleos right? I like them aswell, they are a trick to get used to though.
    I don't care.

You got the romaleos right? I like them aswell, they are a trick to get used to though.
    Yeah, Romaleos. They didn't take me long...two sessions and I'm good with them. I'm sure being fresh on a Mon morning helped too.
    615/385/635

jubjub007 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jubjub007 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jubjub007 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jubjub007 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jubjub007 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jubjub007 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jubjub007 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jubjub007 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jubjub007 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jubjub007 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jubjub007 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I already like this family thread better than the last. The arguing makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside. Also, frosthammer wins because his dead baby jokes are awesome
    *bertstare*
    my new log : http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170346931

lts1ow is just really nice. (+1000) lts1ow is just really nice. (+1000) lts1ow is just really nice. (+1000) lts1ow is just really nice. (+1000) lts1ow is just really nice. (+1000) lts1ow is just really nice. (+1000) lts1ow is just really nice. (+1000) lts1ow is just really nice. (+1000) lts1ow is just really nice. (+1000) lts1ow is just really nice. (+1000) lts1ow is just really nice. (+1000)
    This whole having to go to work instead of the gym, is friggen lame yo. Didn't lift, and I feel more sore than if I did. /whine
    200/165/270
    Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem

jubjub007 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jubjub007 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jubjub007 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jubjub007 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jubjub007 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jubjub007 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jubjub007 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jubjub007 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jubjub007 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jubjub007 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jubjub007 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by lts1ow View Post
    This whole having to go to work instead of the gym, is friggen lame yo. Didn't lift, and I feel more sore than if I did. /whine
    dont worry man, i gotcha back

i hate trying to workout after work too actually, usually dont or try to b4 work
    *bertstare*
    my new log : http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170346931

Originally Posted by jubjub007 View Post
    The arguing makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside. Also, frosthammer wins because his dead baby jokes are awesome
    Awww...just like a real family. And yeah, demented jokes FTW.
    615/385/635

Your little trauma sponge ZachG85's Avatar
    ZachG85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ZachG85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ZachG85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ZachG85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ZachG85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ZachG85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ZachG85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ZachG85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ZachG85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ZachG85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ZachG85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by lts1ow View Post
    I'll trade you my unemployment without benefits for your lame job.
    I met an angel with a sawed-off shotgun,
    wanted by the FBI.
    We dropped some acid, killed our parents,
    then we hit the road.

Unemployment with benefits and transitioning into student status with full VA benefits...being a bum and still being able to pay the bills rocks.
    615/385/635

Your little trauma sponge ZachG85's Avatar
    ZachG85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ZachG85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ZachG85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ZachG85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ZachG85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ZachG85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ZachG85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ZachG85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ZachG85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ZachG85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ZachG85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Unemployment with benefits and transitioning into student status with full VA benefits...being a bum and still being able to pay the bills rocks.
    Yo ucan have a big bottle of **** Youpal, LOL.

I'm a bum can't pay ****. But I got bourbon, that helps
    I met an angel with a sawed-off shotgun,
    wanted by the FBI.
    We dropped some acid, killed our parents,
    then we hit the road.

AmericanPhysco is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AmericanPhysco is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AmericanPhysco is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AmericanPhysco is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AmericanPhysco is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AmericanPhysco is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AmericanPhysco is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AmericanPhysco is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AmericanPhysco is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AmericanPhysco is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AmericanPhysco is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I knew there was a reason I had you on my ignore list. No one feels this way except for you... Well maybe isaku but I don't know why. So go cry somewhere else. You, IMO, are a terrible poster that acts all hardcore and whines about torrtre and me all day. Plsgo.
    No I hate you too.
    Last edited by AmericanPhysco; 08-01-2011 at 08:04 PM.

mochi is just really nice. (+1000) mochi is just really nice. (+1000) mochi is just really nice. (+1000) mochi is just really nice. (+1000) mochi is just really nice. (+1000) mochi is just really nice. (+1000) mochi is just really nice. (+1000) mochi is just really nice. (+1000) mochi is just really nice. (+1000) mochi is just really nice. (+1000) mochi is just really nice. (+1000)
    Just a bit of equipment news, the new lifting large "parallel breaker" wrist wraps are super stiff. I highly recommend them.

not actually a goose goosefrabbas's Avatar
    goosefrabbas is a name known to all. (+5000) goosefrabbas is a name known to all. (+5000) goosefrabbas is a name known to all. (+5000) goosefrabbas is a name known to all. (+5000) goosefrabbas is a name known to all. (+5000) goosefrabbas is a name known to all. (+5000) goosefrabbas is a name known to all. (+5000) goosefrabbas is a name known to all. (+5000) goosefrabbas is a name known to all. (+5000) goosefrabbas is a name known to all. (+5000) goosefrabbas is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I hate everyone.

And, mochi, can you make a comparison to any other wrist wraps?
    Meet: 440/248/485 = 1173@144 sp

My powerlifting log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=135067661&page=39

Closed Thread
Page 19 of 331 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 69 119 ... LastLast