Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Threadkill Extraordinaire solilopop's Avatar
    solilopop is on a distinguished road. (+10) solilopop is on a distinguished road. (+10) solilopop is on a distinguished road. (+10) solilopop is on a distinguished road. (+10) solilopop is on a distinguished road. (+10) solilopop is on a distinguished road. (+10) solilopop is on a distinguished road. (+10) solilopop is on a distinguished road. (+10) solilopop is on a distinguished road. (+10) solilopop is on a distinguished road. (+10) solilopop is on a distinguished road. (+10)

It's On Like Donkey Kong

This Log Is A Bit Of A Competition / Day-To-Day Motivational Log / Or My Own Personal Log If This Don't Work out.

Effective: August 3rd-November 3rd

Submissions MUST be in before August 3rd PST.

Rules:

-Post / submit Logs of exercise, diet, supps day-to-day / accordingly
    -Weight-in's every Wednesday
    -Mandatory progress picture bi-weekly
    -24 Grace Period of submission of weight-in (meaning next day)
    -Please be honest, pictures speak a thousand words
    -Be supportive and make criticism constructive

To Enter:

-Post your weight, goals, 411, background, intent
    -Post picture of yourself fit-to-thread
    -Have Fun With It

Anyone interested in posting to log with us feel free to join in. But this was meant intentionally as a 1on1 comp. Only those joining in, will be monitored by me accordingly.

GLHF
    Last edited by solilopop; 07-27-2011 at 07:16 AM.
    Live. Learn. Pass it on.

It starts and ends with your mind - the greatest thing to build. The rest of your body goes along with what the mind says.

-Ralstub

solilopop is on a distinguished road. (+10) solilopop is on a distinguished road. (+10) solilopop is on a distinguished road. (+10) solilopop is on a distinguished road. (+10) solilopop is on a distinguished road. (+10) solilopop is on a distinguished road. (+10) solilopop is on a distinguished road. (+10) solilopop is on a distinguished road. (+10) solilopop is on a distinguished road. (+10) solilopop is on a distinguished road. (+10) solilopop is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hey guys,

Been on this site for a while. Almost a year now. Got a lot of knowledge and support from the other members on here with learning about cutting / macros / starting strength. It's all well and dandy, but knowing is only half the battle.

This is me as of July 25th:

Stats
    -24yo
    -5'10"
    -175lbs
    -Really don't know my BF% (you guys can judge me based on my picture)
    -I eat a lot
    -I'm die-hard for brownies
    -I'm a recovering Ben & Jerries addict
    -I smoke like a chiminey which I am trying to cut down on
    -Supps I take are an ECA stack, Fish Oil & Multi's
    -Still doing starting strength. have no upperbody.
    -I use Livestrong Myplate for calorie tracking
    -I workout in kobe's
    Last edited by solilopop; 07-25-2011 at 10:27 PM.
    Live. Learn. Pass it on.

It starts and ends with your mind - the greatest thing to build. The rest of your body goes along with what the mind says.

-Ralstub

TheDelta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    In, Pictures at the bottom

Been reading the site for a couple years now, successfully cut last summer from 220 down to 195ish. When school started I lost focus on my diet and training, back to 228 as of last week, will reweigh tomorrow at the gym for official weight.

Stats:
    23 y/o
    5'8"
    228 lbs
    guessing 30%ish on BF, but really more concerned with the mirror than a number
    I dont like most sweets (omg so weird right?!)
    Smoker, but down to making a pack last about a week
    Biggest problem is drinking. My friends like to do it, and I enjoy it, so its hard to say no sometimes. Looking to cut this down to one night of drinking a week.
    Only supps right now are protein(whey and a post-workout isolate) but plan on adding a thermogenic stack in the next 2-3 weeks

Split Looks something like this:
    Day 1-Legs/abs (Back Squats)
    Day 2- Chest/tris (Bench Press)
    Day 3-Off (might add hill sprints here)
    Day 4- Back/Bi's (Deadlifts)
    Day 5- Shoulders (Military Press/Push Press)
    Day 6- Off
    Day 7- Start Over

Although I'm very much an instinctual trainer, so things get rotated depending on whats still sore/tight.

Goals:
    I'd like to see 185 without losing much LBM, and for god's sake be able to do a decent amount of pullups. I feel like a pansy barely being able to do 2 in a row.
    Attached Images

Sweet! I think a lot of the hardships of changing lifestyles has to do with the environment we put ourselves in as well as the motivation we've got to want to change. I'm not making excuses, but hey, when you work or are surrounded with people who drink and smoke, its tough because you gotta have the diligence to avoid temptation as well as train hard. Sugar's a bitch.

I was all gung-ho last september and was doing pretty well till the holidays came around. But I learned maintenance, watching macros and got the foundation for going to the gym. And how to quit binge eating. Haha. at least I got that goin for me. I haven't done chin-ups or pull-ups cuz I'd just embarrass myself. When I first started hitting the gym, I literally had a hard time lifting the bar alone, just to adjust the height of the rack. I wouldn't say I've made too much significant progress cuz right now, I can only bench 105. Lol. But my squats are pretty decent. I'm @ 135 right now.

And ill be honest and say that I had a hard time going to the gym just because of being insecure about people watching me. And I sweat like a f'in pig. Was real conscious about that, but I got over it and I'm all good now. But I remember the first month I hit the weights regularly. I was all pussy bout the gym.

Alot of what you say is true, mindset is always my biggest enemy. The problem is even my health minded friends (I use this term loosely for anyone who works out semi regularly) still want to go drink 3-4 nights a week. The only solid influence I have is my roommate (171 lbs, 235 bench, 450 dead, 325 squat at 5' 8"). The hard part there is watching him eat everything in sight!

And honestly man, just go into the gym and get your **** done. The more focused you are the more the serious lifters will respect you. If you see someone doing something you dont understand, ask. Most experienced lifters are excited to talk to someone that will listen, it means one less idiot in the gym. You actually remind me of a guy I saw come in about this time last year to my gym. He could bench around 95 and I didnt pay a bunch of attention to his other lifts. Today he's lost over 50 lbs and is around the same strength level as me. The progress you make at the beginning will always be your biggest gains! Just get in their with some intensity and don't look back!

Haha. Hey, some positive influence is better than none. Here in Vancouver, not bein racist, stereotyping maybe. but man. Majority of my buddies are oriental asian and A LOT of em got crazy metabolisms. We could go for All-you-can-eat dim sum and they'll wipe off an entire tray no problem and still maintain their ribs (i refuse to call them abs, it's just their damn ribs sticking out; or i'm just jealous. you be the judge). But frigg. Pisses me off sometimes.

But yeah. I'm doin better now. I get my stuff done at the gym and bounce. Sometimes i feel like i undertrain though. The sets I do are 3x10. Same 6 cuz i read on BB.com that you gotta do.. compound exercises when starting? I think i'm doin it right. I got buddies who gym, but again, i get self-conscious watchin em lift while i'm doin mini-weights. But i'll get there eventually. Gonna go hard now that i got competition.
    Live. Learn. Pass it on.

-Ralstub

Im not a genius at workout programs but write yours out specifically if you want some feedback.

Also, The majority of people who are scared of over training are just being babies. Think about the first time you ever played a sport. When coach made you run till you almost puked did you get to take the next day off to recover? Hell no, you probably had to run just as much if not more! And what happened? Your body began to adapt. Within a week or so the sprints became a little easier. The human body is an amazing machine that will adapt way more than most give credit for. If you want to do more sets, do more sets. and vary your ranges, alot of strength work is done in the 5, 3, and even single rep range. If you want to look up Wendler's 5/3/1 program.

If you are still relatively new to weightlifting, you can most certainly increase strength levels while losing body fat. Alot of your strength will come from your nervous system learning to recruit as many muscle fibers as possible for any given lift. Mind Muscle Connection is a huge thing that will take time to get, but as you do you will be able to adjust your movements to focus on specific areas you feel are lagging.

Day 1

Workout
    BB Squat - 115 3x10
    BB Bench - 105 3x10
    Incline DB - 50 3x10
    DB Shoulder Press - 50 3x10
    DB Tricep Ext. - 25 3x10
    Bent-over Rows - 50 3x10

I had to bounce for work so didn't get a chance to do biceps or core. And thinkin it over, i don't think i did too much warm-up or cooldown. 5 minutes on the treadmill @ 7.0. But it was a good day. But this workout is normally what I do on the regular. Yeah, my muscle got used to the motion after a while. I remember when i first started I was waving the DB's around and my arms looked like rubber. Lol. Oh, but I F up sometimes too. On 3rd set I'll get tired, specially on my Incline DB / Shoulder Press & I'd drop the weight. But I'd finish the set, but I'd have a pause in the middle. I don't know if that screws up gains too much.

Diet

This is what I had for dinner. Time to call it a day and finish watchin' Top Chef: Desserts.

Does masturbation workout your wrists / forearms? if so, add 3 sets of 30 strokes
    Last edited by solilopop; 07-25-2011 at 11:30 PM.
    Live. Learn. Pass it on.

-Ralstub

darkhack is on a distinguished road. (+10) darkhack is on a distinguished road. (+10) darkhack is on a distinguished road. (+10) darkhack is on a distinguished road. (+10) darkhack is on a distinguished road. (+10) darkhack is on a distinguished road. (+10) darkhack is on a distinguished road. (+10) darkhack is on a distinguished road. (+10) darkhack is on a distinguished road. (+10) darkhack is on a distinguished road. (+10) darkhack is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I've been lurking this forum and others for a long time wanting an opportunity to shame someone into defeat.

I've already won, I will discontinue my current fat loss log. This shall be my new domain.

You're mine now.

Have you guys got some experience using Excel? If yes I will upload, somehow, my spreadsheet - it'll give you all sorts of numbers and infos.

All in good fun;

Weight: 214#
    Height: 5' 11"
    Goals: Shame you all into defeat mercilessly; To be able to do 30 consecutive push ups with flawless form; Do the full side splits by the end of the 3 month objective.

All workouts will be contoured around the muscle groups used in push ups. Exercises 1, 2 and 3 will, for now, be lats, triceps and chest. I will finish the workout by depleting myself with a compound and by doing some random core work. My legs and arms are strong. My chest and core, however is pathetically weak. I will maintain the strong muscles with the compounds and develop the weak ones with isolations. I'll take out my old heart rate monitor and bring it with my to the gym now, seeing as I am becoming competitively serious about this.

TIME IN.

10 MINUTE WARM-UP CARDIO; OBJECTIVE: REACH 145+ BPM

FULL BODY STRETCHING; 30 SECONDS PER STRETCH.

WARM-UP SET FOR EXERCISES 1 TO 3 FOR 20 REPS EACH.

STRETCHING / SPLITS FOCUS FOR 2 MINUTES.

LIFTING HEART RATE TO MAINTAIN SHALL BE 135+ BPM.

SUPERSET 1 (6-8 REPS AS HEAVY AS POSSIBLE FOR EACH)
    EXERCISES 1,2,3.

SUPERSET 2 (6-8 REPS AS HEAVY AS POSSIBLE FOR EACH)
    EXERCISES 1,2 & 3.

SUPERSET 3 (6-8 REPS AS HEAVY AS POSSIBLE FOR EACH).
    EXERCISES 1,2 & 3.

25 MINUTES OF HIGH INTENSITY/ENDURANCE CARDIO; OBJECTIVE: 165+ AHR.

RANDOM CORE WORK.

RANDOM COMPOUND(S) UNTIL FULLY DEPLETED.

FULL BODY STRETCHING 30 SECONDS PER STRETCH.

TIME OUT.

I'd turn this competition into a 1 year objective rather than a 3 month objective. 3 month is short as hell. Also, encouraging long-term is a good thing IMO.

Current diet consists of lean meats, veggies, some whole wheat tortillas, some cheese, etc.

2000 calories per day. Intermittent fasting. 2 meals per day only. Lunch and diner only. Replace all drinks by water. No more coffee. I don't smoke. Don't consume. I will start studying daily again. As odd as it may sound, I have read excerpts of the Buddhist Scriptures once from a short text by Bruce Lee, it had some awesome points of view with regard to diet and nutrition in it. I am waiting for the book. Read to many books filled plain stupid info. Read ****tons of articles, books and even talked to people about nutrition and working out. I know more than I need to know and, still going to keep studying. Any question you have I am more than happy to look into it.

Going to further revise my spreadsheet, diet and workouts tonight and will revamp and turn it all up several notches.

I'm not being cynical, but, I do hope no one quits this and, also, hope for this to be longer than 3 months.

I can design workout programs and diets. Just ask and ye shall receive.

PS: I have zero motivational issues. I have another problem though; I consistently workout till I nearly pass out and I like it. When I become light headed I keep working out as to not lose my light headedness just to know what it feels like to be on the edge and being able to handle myself through it. I do fasted workouts often. I don't waste a second while I'm at the gym.

Good luck ladies.

:-)
    Last edited by darkhack; 07-26-2011 at 08:46 AM. Reason: noreason.jpg

darkhack is on a distinguished road. (+10) darkhack is on a distinguished road. (+10) darkhack is on a distinguished road. (+10) darkhack is on a distinguished road. (+10) darkhack is on a distinguished road. (+10) darkhack is on a distinguished road. (+10) darkhack is on a distinguished road. (+10) darkhack is on a distinguished road. (+10) darkhack is on a distinguished road. (+10) darkhack is on a distinguished road. (+10) darkhack is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Quick note;

Today and tomorrow are rest days.

Hey Dali Lama, this you right? How recent.

It's on! I'll show YOU Spreadsheets. Haha, but seriously. Let's do 3 months and see how it goes from there. The comp was more of a kick start for me. But the log isn't goin anywhere after the 3 months are up. I'm excited.

But hey bhudda, with all that training that you do, where did the belly come from? What's the story behind that?

OH! Post pics of food. I like food. I've recently become a food network addict.
    Live. Learn. Pass it on.

-Ralstub

Theres no story behind "calories in > calories out."

Those are from 16th of July.

Haha, hope i didnt' offend man. Just makin light jab. You're pretty motivating dude. Glad to have you on board my friend. Hope i didn't come off as an ass, and if do, call me out on it. Lol. I like to poke fun, but not with the intent to offend eh.

I didn't gym today. Was plannin on hittin it up for cardio / core. But i slept 3 hours.
    Last edited by solilopop; 07-26-2011 at 07:03 PM.
    Live. Learn. Pass it on.

-Ralstub

Just got back from the gym. Weighed in at 228 just before training.

Today was an ok session, about an hour long not counting stretching or the foam rolling I'm about to do after I shower.

Chest/Tri's looked something like this.

Flat Bench: 135x8, 155x5, 155x5, 175x3, 185x1, 185x1
    Incline DB Press: 45's x8, 55'sx8, 60's x6, 65x5, 45's x12 (pissed off because I wanted 15 for this!)
    Flat FB Fly's: 30's x10, 35's x8, 40's x8
    Cable Fly's: Dont remember the weights but 4 sets 10, 10, 8, 8
    Skull Crushers: 60x8, 60x8, 70x8
    Finished off with some Neural Charge Pushups on the Smith Machine Bar (OMG ITS USEFUL SOMEHOW!!!)

Honestly I felt horrible on the way to the gym, but once I got in and got some blood flowing it went pretty smooth, even if strength was down a bit. Right before the gym I went and got some more Protein and a new Multi to try, plus some samples of a new fatburning stack called 1db Overdrive. We'll see how it goes as I have enough for like a week.

@Solilopop: HAHA I take the early lead with work ethic

We'll see how it rolls buddy :P

How many sticks today? I'm on 5. It's tough man. When it comes to smoking, i don't think about it. It's almost second nature to finish a call or a report and boom, hit the deck for a stick. I don't think i'm ready to quit. Lol.

Hey, quick question. How come weights change? Do you add and remove between sets? Is there a science behind it? And it's different from what i see on others. That's the one thing i still haven't gotten down. How much weights to actually use.

So when i started, i'm pumpin 25 weights on each side and when i find it easier i increase it 5lbs more the next sesh. Any tips on how to do it?
    Live. Learn. Pass it on.

-Ralstub

Originally Posted by solilopop View Post
    We'll see how it rolls buddy :P

How many sticks today? I'm on 5. It's tough man. When it comes to smoking, i don't think about it. It's almost second nature to finish a call or a report and boom, hit the deck for a stick. I don't think i'm ready to quit. Lol.

Hey, quick question. How come weights change? Do you add and remove between sets? Is there a science behind it? And it's different from what i see on others. That's the one thing i still haven't gotten down. How much weights to actually use.

So when i started, i'm pumpin 25 weights on each side and when i find it easier i increase it 5lbs more the next sesh. Any tips on how to do it?
    Only 1 smoke today!!!! But I didnt drive much today, and thats where I get the itch. Usually just habit of driving and smoking. You're ready to quit when you quit. Just make a conscious decision to quit. Dont buy another pack! this is a huge thing for me. Even if I do go drinking and bum one or two from a friend, thats only two all week!

As to your other question, Ramping up weight is a solid way to progress your strength while preventing injury and ensuring your muscles are properly warmed up before lifting close to your 1RM. Plus you can differ your rep scheme with each set, so as the weight builds you can use less reps, but still get your nervous system used to moving heavy loads. This is more optimal than using the same weight for each set because it shows progression daily. Also ramping your sets will help prevent injury.

Without jumping into a huge rant this will get you the basic answers. There is more than one way to increase strength, but honestly for a newbie I recommend the KISS method. (Keep it Simple Stupid). Starting strength is good, 5/3/1 is good, and honestly there are thousands of programs that work, hell just going in and doing SOMETHING will show progress if you havent lifted much. The main part is in the diet.

Day 2

I'm way too tired, I didn't get enough rest last night. 3 hours of sleep so Imma be dead tomorrow at the gym. Was kinda psyched on tryin buddy's program of loadin small first, but i think i'll stick with what i know till i get more rested up. Sleep = Recovery... Need... More... Sleep

HEY DELTA, could you give me the rundown of 5/3/1? I'd look it up but imma sleep. I'll read it on the way to the gym in the morning if you catch this post. CHEERS! Happy Humpday.
    Live. Learn. Pass it on.

-Ralstub

Step Beyond will become famous soon enough. (+50) Step Beyond will become famous soon enough. (+50) Step Beyond will become famous soon enough. (+50) Step Beyond will become famous soon enough. (+50) Step Beyond will become famous soon enough. (+50) Step Beyond will become famous soon enough. (+50) Step Beyond will become famous soon enough. (+50) Step Beyond will become famous soon enough. (+50) Step Beyond will become famous soon enough. (+50) Step Beyond will become famous soon enough. (+50) Step Beyond will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Hey hey

Mind if I jump in with you guys????? Could always use a little support, commradere and motivation. Have another log going here in the 'losing fat log' section but it wasnt gathering the steam and momentum I was hoping for, so thought I owuld jump in with you guys if you dont mind.

Long story short, I jumped back on the train about 4 weeks ago. When I started i was 235lbs, down to 220lbs now.........loss of 15 already - woot woot ;-)

In 2007 I went through a transformation were I took myself from a similar starting weight of 235lbs and dropped down to 185lbs to compete in a natty bb show........loved the experience and was very happy with my progress and what I had achieved......and here it comes.....BUT, then I totally fell off the wagon....still not certainly how or why it happenned........few minor injuries, moved countries, changed jobs - wee bit of stress, bot not making excuses....bottom line, I let it all slip and ended upback where I started.....massive regression..........

So, this fall I turn 40 and decided i better straighten my crap out.....was like flipping a light switch.......all of a sudden my diet is tight again, getting in to the gym 4 - 5 times a week and doing my road work as well another 3 - 4 x a week........results - 15 lbs loss in 4 weeks time............very happy thus far but still plenty of work to do.........of course, kicking my a$$ for losing 3 years worth of time in the gym, but better later than never...........

Anyway, here's a few pics ............

THE BEFORE (April 2008)

THE BAD AFTER (June 22/11)

Hopefully we'll see the "BEFORE" again real soon.

Looking forward to fighting the battale with you guys.
    Getting stage ready with the help of Alberto Nunez and 3DMJ !!!!

April 13, 2013 - UFE Spring Bash

April 21, 2013 - IDFA Novice Classic

Follow the journey at; http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151186213

40 eh? What's that like?

Haha. Just pokin fun. Welcome aboard my friend. The more the merrier. You sound like you know your stuff. You can give me tips on power cleans & power snatches and my tan. LOL. Hopefully history repeats itself for you, but even better this time.

Hey, next time if you post pics, so that it's fit-to-thread, if you could maybe

edit photo, then use MSPaint then hit stretch / skew under the image tab, then stretch it down 50% horizontal & vertical before uploading to photobucket. It'll fit perfectly on screen.

Just a minor request. If you use apple. Sorry. Yeah. just sorry. It'll be cool to see your regime & diet. Enjoy man! First weight-in pic submission is the 3rd. I think i'll keep it open till the August 3rd if people wanna join in.
    Live. Learn. Pass it on.

-Ralstub

SB You're definitely welcome man! looks like we're starting close to the same BW so I'll have some good numbers to put beside me

Also Solilo just go to Strstd.com so it can actually customize the workout for you. Its pretty straight forward but the site gives you the actual weights to use based on your PR's!

Gym today was pretty solid. Starting to feel the lack of energy from less calories but thats part of the game!

Back/Bi's

Deadlift: 135x8, 225x5, 225x5, 275x5, 295x3, 315x3 (didnt go real heavy here because I felt my form slipping. Don't want to risk injury!
    Bent Over Rows: 135x8, 155x8, 175x5,
    Kroc Rows: 85x8 each side, 95x8, 95x8
    Lat Pulldown: 165x8, 180x8, 195x5, 210x3, 225x2
    BB curls: 60x8, 70x8, 90x8(ppl had the 80 so i said F it), 60x15
    FacePulls: weight is weird on the machine but I pushed pretty heavy. 3 sets of 8, adding weight on the stack each time

I've been working physically hard on my last 2 rest days plus I have been eating less than anticipated, plus, I do an extra set of push ups per day every-time you guys post a workout...I know I'll end up doing 50 sets of push ups per day - Keep em coming. Plus I've been studying and revising some fitness related stuff along with my spreadsheet which has been improved and simplified. I'm getting up earlier every day. Sleeping less every night (in the good sense) and being more productive.

Feeling better and better as always and on top of having unloaded a shipment of compressed gas cylinders today (I unload 2 manually at the same time and they both weigh~ 100 pounds) I will be going to the gym tonight to give myself a superb performance worthy of pride after I'm done.

To all of those who post workouts without any cardio in it:

I will add 5 minutes of cardio for each workout posted without cardio to my next cardio session.

This means tonight, I choose to add 10 minutes to my warm-up cardio making it a 20 minute warm-up thus making my entire gym session over an hour and a half.

Every time you slack off, I kick it up a notch for myself, in the hopes you make up for it, slackers :-)

Hey, I'm not the one losing out :-)

I've taken the digital camera out to monitor my push up form, and, if I feel like it I'll take pictures of my diet.

Past meals we're beef cubes with green peppers and onions. Green tea in the morning. 2 meals per day ~1000 calories per day. Eating big meals is awesome. I sometimes had some whole wheat tortillas with turkey and cheese.

Also, I have thrown out every unhealthy food in my house. To my great surprise I only threw out two insignificant items that I don't even eat regularly anyways.

Everything in my apartment is oriented into this goal - Might be over the top, but, hey - being freakishly fit is my dream.

Some example lifts I did before this last Christmas 2010.

Deadlift 225x20
    Leg Press 540x10
    Bench press is pathetic @ 150x10 ish, maybe lower.

The rest of the lifts are pathetic. Maybe you should kick my as into pushing harder on them?

I look forward to tonight's workout, I put a lot of stretching in my new routine. Holding the splits for 1 to 2 minutes ought to be interesting.

Looking at you're workout I might add more sets to my exercises. Last time I did some low reps/height weight combos but they didn't feel like they worked me out at all.

Keep the good stuff going guys

Originally Posted by darkhack View Post

To all of those who post workouts without any cardio in it:

I will add 5 minutes of cardio for each workout posted without cardio to my next cardio session.
    You're going to be doing alot of cardio then, because my training is focusing on increasing training density so I usually have my heartrate way elevated the entire lifting session. breaks never exceed 90 seconds! Also my sprinting stuff i dont really post, because its pretty straight forward

More cardio is always good thing. I like to find things to give me a reason to do more. I'll add 10 minutes on my next cardio just for that post.

BTW, my cardio is done at 175+ BPM. Lactate is me. And I keep the burn going. Can't let me eye off that lactate burn - it might just go away and get lazy on me.

I did my workout as prescribed yesterday, felt good before, during and after. Feel even better today. I been eating less than prescribed and I swear I feel like I am getting thinner in my clothes every day.

Yesterday:

22 minutes of warm-up cardio target HR exceeded.
    Full body stretching, more than 30 seconds per stretch.
    Warm-up superset.
    Split focused stretching routine.
    Working superset 1 DB Flies 10#x3x20, Cable Tricep Pushdowns 40#x6x3 and BB Bent over row 95#x3x6
    Working superset 2 DB Flies 30#x3x6, Cable Tricep Pushdowns 40#x6x3 and BB Bent over row 115#x3x6
    Working superset 3 DB Flies 25#x3x6, Cable Tricep Pushdowns 40#x6x3 and BB Bent over row 135#x3x6
    Crunches 3x30
    27 minutes cardio AHR 175 BPM.
    Full body stretching
    Some punching bag kicks.

Forgot my HR monitor at home for the supersets. Doubt I went under my target HR anyhow.

I haven't paid much attention to the amount of weight I was lifting. Numbers might be off but only slightly.

I feel like my sweat has changed. It seems nearly more liquid than water now. I sweat more easily but less. I guess the showers before the workouts might be responsible for this. It's a good thing anyhow.

Did some more yard work today at work.

Have been eating less than anticipated.

Feeling great.

Edit: I will now add a push up set count in my posted workouts so you guys can check, if you like, if my set count is equal to the total number of workouts posted by everyone but me.

Push up set count: 3

Edit2: Put DB Bench Press rather than DB Flies.
    Last edited by darkhack; 07-29-2011 at 03:17 PM. Reason: noreason.jpg

mreaglerock has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hello Everybody,

I am new to this website, so far I am liking it, especially being able to track everything. I am following the diet of the 4 Hour Body by Tim Ferris, so far it is working. I started at 195 and now I am down to 188 on what Tim calls a slow carb diet.

I upload my food pics to this website, like a food blog for tracking what I eat. I try to photograph at least two meals a day. I tend to forget dinner time photos, but I will start documenting those.

Check it out:
    http://mreaglerock.posterous.com/

Stats
    -35 yo
    -5'10"
    -188.5 lbs
    -29.5% BF
    -I eat protein and veggies and beans every three hours
    -I have a sweet tooth, twizzlers were a weakness, now I substitute for it with Jello
    -I also like to drink a bit, cutting down to 2 glasses of wine 3 nights a week
    -Supps I take are Focus Factor, Fish Oil, and PAGG/AGG Stacks in 4 Hour Body
    -I haven't lifted weights in 6 months, hoping to lift soon, but not too worried as I put on muscle fast
    -I am using a Tanita Weight scale to track weight and bodyfat, would love to use a Bod Pod or Dexa, but I will do a Dexa once I know I am down below 20 percent BF
    -I do cardio three days a week switching between Eliptical, Stair Stepper, Exercise Bike etc.

I did purchase the insanity DVD set, I plan to do that when on the road and at home. I would also like to get in some swimming once or twice a week. My travel and schedule is very hectic, but I just gotta do what I can. I think most of it is what we eat, gotta be atleast 60 percent of the process.

31/07/2011

20 minutes of cardio@168AHR.
    Full body stretching routine, 30+ seconds per stretch. I am begining to think my joints are not capable of allowing me to do the splits.

Warm-up super-set;
    BB Bent Over row 95#x20
    DB Bench Press 20#x20
    Triceps cable push-down 40#x20

Split focused stretching for ~ 2 minutes.
    Crunches BWx50
    Back hyper-extensions BWx10

BB Bent Over row 145#x6
    DB Bench Press 45#x6
    Triceps cable push-down 90#x6

Crunches BWx50
    Back hyper-extensions BWx10

BB Bent Over row 145#x6
    DB Bench Press 45#x6
    Triceps cable push-down 10#x6

BB Bent Over row 145#x6
    DB Bench Press 45#x6
    Triceps cable push-down 10#x6

Cardio for 20 minutes@169AHR might be off a couple beats.

Split focused stretching for ~ 2 minutes. Couldn't complete, was nearing total depletion.

Decided to deplete further and pushed myself through:

Punching bag power-kicks x10 right and left
    10 push ups

30 second rest

Punching bag power-kicks x5 right and left
    10 push ups

30 second rest

Punching bag power-kicks x5 right and left
    10 push ups

DB Curls 30x6x3
    DB Shoulder Press 60x1x6 90x2x6

This morning I weighed 210.2 and after the workout I weighed 208.2.

Proof I work my ass off in there.

5 days ago: 214#
    Today after working out: 208.2#

1 pound per day? Nah, I don't believe it, I will reweigh after eating and after waiting 4-5 hours.

Meal after this above workout is 2 sandwiches with whole grains bread, baby spinach, cucumbers, chicken breast, garlic powder, pepper and lots of yummuy mustard with 2 cup of milk blended with about 10 strawberries.

This meal is consistent with my intermittent fasting (2 meals per day only) and is about 950 calories. Having 2 meals per day like this keeps me at ~2000 calories and it's an entire 35% calorie deficit which is pretty darn high and not usually recommended. Also, intermittent fasting is awesome for me because I like food and I get to cram down huoooge meals.

I'm feeling great after my meal - feeling of being drained is going away as I am typing.

edit: Also, I think this workout lasted nearly 2 hours if not more.

edit2: I would appear to be in slight ketosis, tested this morning and the tab shows "slightly" - I suppose the extremely low calorie count is doing it? Other than this I have no idea since I am eating plenty of carbs...how weird. I don't normally test for this unless I know I am consuming a very low amount of carbs, but, I had some very weird headaches today and I know those are associated with the transition into ketosis. Headache is gone and tested once more just this moment, still slight traces of ketones.

So- basically, I am losing weight fast, am in a 35% caloric deficit and in slight ketosis and seeing drastic improvements in my fitness levels.

I will post more infos on my diet and recipes. So far- no cooking required.
    Last edited by darkhack; 07-31-2011 at 07:02 PM. Reason: noreason.jpg

Here are some pictures of my spreadsheet indicating all the relevant things I need to do to follow my current diet and 2 recipes I made for myself to follow said diet.

Last edited by darkhack; 08-01-2011 at 10:49 AM. Reason: noreason.jpg

01/08/11
    Rest day

1:10HR walk;6.4KM.

3 sets of push-ups until failure; 15, 12 & 6.

Push-ups are starting to feel better. I need to remember to breathe during them. And, my left arm - when doing push ups - feels like there is thunder going up and down inside it when I am about to fail a push-up. I've been video taping my form to make sure it stays impeccable.

Weight before walk: 210.2
    Weight after walk and after eating: 209.6

My ketosis is higher today.

Looks like I'm going to need to buy more ketostix.

I've studied a little bit of ketosis this last week to see if my results are faulty - seems not. Also, I think I have been over hydrating for a very long time - I'm gonna look that up too now.

Has everyone been sleeping for the last few days? No workouts from anyone for the last 5 days or so...?
    Last edited by darkhack; 08-01-2011 at 06:50 PM. Reason: noreason.jpg

Jnickell21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by darkhack View Post
    01/08/11.

Has everyone been sleeping for the last few days? No workouts from anyone for the last 5 days or so...?
    I think their quiting on you Darkhack. And in such short time... Pretty amazing huh? I must say you've been kicking some ass though. Very admirable. I have to say I through in an extra set my last workout just to keep up. I know you don't like me, but I may be the only one that's willing to challenge you, whether you like it or not.

I don't even know who you are, and for me to hate you I would need you to be a cold-blooded murderer or something.

One more day and if I get no responses I'll just keep going on my own.

TBH I'm glad someone had the initiative to lure me into this, but, I was already doing something similar on my own and therefore am not attached to this thing they started. Especially if people don't take the initiative to take 5-10 minutes a day to post a simple workout.

Pansies.

It's all in good fun.

^ Believe it or not, but 5 days w/o anything is stoopid.
    Last edited by darkhack; 08-02-2011 at 01:28 PM. Reason: noreason.jpg

Jnickell21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Darkhack, I'm glad your sticking through. You're better than 90% of the people out there that just give up.

As for me:
    Age - 26
    Height - 6'1
    Weight - 172.8

I've been strengh training for about a year, training under an acomplished body builder that I work with. At one point the man was competing in 55 and older strong man competions in bench press. He's an expert in lifting and nutrition, and designs my training routines. The motivation for me to strenghen my body came from years of muscle and ligment damage from playing competative basketball. At one point my back spasms were so bad I could barely walk. I'm now in the best shape of my life, pain free, and addicted to training.

I know are goals are different, but I think we can help each other. I assure you I'm not a quitter, and I can see you're not either.

Some friendly advice if you wish to take it: I noticed when you work out you tend to bounce around a bit and train different muscle groups each time. I was tought to work certain muscles togethor, that being: Back and Biceps, Chest and Triceps, and Legs and Shoulders. There is a good reason for this, mainly being that doing chest work requires a lot from your triceps and back work takes a lot from your biceps.

By training like this you're able to get more workouts in with lest rest. Kill your chest, than finish off the tricpes with some ISO work. The next day your chest and triceps will get a full rest, because their not neccesary for back and biceps. By the time your done with a third day of training your legs and shoulders, your chest and triceps will be fully recovered and ready for training again. Doing it this way will only require 2 days, 3 at the most, of rest days per week. Trust me, you'll see results fast.

Your cardio routine looks awesome. I don't do much, because losing weight isn't my goal.

I don't know if you're taking any protein supplement, but I would highly recomend buying some powder for a post workout shake. You have about 15 min after an intense workout where your muscles will soak the stuff up, helping with recovery and building muscle much faster. I take Hydrobuilder by ON, the stuff is amazing. Don't underestimate the adding of muscle, as it burns calories like crazy to maintain itself.

You probably know most of this stuff, but if you have any questions just ask.

PS: Do you take any supplements? If so, what do you take?