Thread: Stubborn fat

jj12312 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Stubborn fat

i am 5'6 and lost 20 lbs in 3 months from 180 to 160 lbs doing mainly cardio . light lifting 2-3x/ week. Cutting back calories to 1500 per day maximum
    I am still not happy with my body since there is still extra fat on my chest / abs / thighs.
    Should i continue to lose more weight , my ideal weight should be around 140-150 .
    I am getting tired of cardio and want to know what kind of weight lifting is most effective for fat loss on the chest / butt

omastic1080 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) omastic1080 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Spot reduction of fat is impossible, so you can't just loose it on your chest/butt. You will have to loose more weight and reduce your overall fat mass in general. Eventually, as you get lean enough, fat will come off from your chest/butt/any region your body likes to store fat.

You have already lost 20 pounds, so I will assume you know the basics of caloric deficit and the importance of macros. But reading the nutrition stickies is still a great idea, if you already haven't done so.

For strength training, simply head over to the workout program section of the forum and pick one from the stickies. I personally like the fierce 5 novice routine a lot. Remember, the most effective routine is the one that you can stick with long enough to see results. So pick the one you like the best and follow it atleast for a few months.