marleyfit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Newbie and Confused!

Hi I'm confused and I just love bb.com but I'm confused on where to start...I'm 5'5" and my weight fluctuates between 136-141ish...My weight before kids was 125 that's my goal that I'm trying to get to..I'm trying to reduce my BF% from 22% to like 18% for now...

So do I lose the fat first or is it possible to do both at once. Build muscle and lose fat at the same time? I know diet is key and I am able to eat clean I have done it before and then immediately got preggos after losing it! So I'm ready again to make a transformation back to MILF status. I also in the future want to compete.

My problem areas are all in the normal woman areas thighs, legs, butt and love handles area...All other areas need just more muscle definition!!! I have a pear shaped body ... I just cancelled my membership at the gym cause we can't afford it but I do have a treadmill at home, thigh and butt machine and free weights. I also have the P90X videos as well as the Insanity Dvd's (honestly I can't last through 30 minutes of either show)...but I try something is always better than nothing...

Sorry so long! thanks for the help and all the inspiration on the forum!!
    Melissa :)

will exercise for food jalapenocheese's Avatar
    jalapenocheese is on a distinguished road. (+10) jalapenocheese is on a distinguished road. (+10) jalapenocheese is on a distinguished road. (+10) jalapenocheese is on a distinguished road. (+10) jalapenocheese is on a distinguished road. (+10) jalapenocheese is on a distinguished road. (+10) jalapenocheese is on a distinguished road. (+10) jalapenocheese is on a distinguished road. (+10) jalapenocheese is on a distinguished road. (+10) jalapenocheese is on a distinguished road. (+10) jalapenocheese is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hi and welcome to the forums.

Pointing you towards Emma-Leigh's sticky on calories/macros under Nutrition section and also get hold of "The New Rules of Lifting for Women" book.

marleyfit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thank you I just ordered the book to have on file...
    Melissa :)

wendyreddinger will become famous soon enough. (+50) wendyreddinger will become famous soon enough. (+50) wendyreddinger will become famous soon enough. (+50) wendyreddinger will become famous soon enough. (+50) wendyreddinger will become famous soon enough. (+50) wendyreddinger will become famous soon enough. (+50) wendyreddinger will become famous soon enough. (+50) wendyreddinger will become famous soon enough. (+50) wendyreddinger will become famous soon enough. (+50) wendyreddinger will become famous soon enough. (+50) wendyreddinger will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Build muscle and lose fat at same time

Originally Posted by marleyfit View Post
    Hi I'm confused and I just love bb.com but I'm confused on where to start...I'm 5'5" and my weight fluctuates between 136-141ish...My weight before kids was 125 that's my goal that I'm trying to get to..I'm trying to reduce my BF% from 22% to like 18% for now...

So do I lose the fat first or is it possible to do both at once. Build muscle and lose fat at the same time? I know diet is key and I am able to eat clean I have done it before and then immediately got preggos after losing it! So I'm ready again to make a transformation back to MILF status. I also in the future want to compete.

My problem areas are all in the normal woman areas thighs, legs, butt and love handles area...All other areas need just more muscle definition!!! I have a pear shaped body ... I just cancelled my membership at the gym cause we can't afford it but I do have a treadmill at home, thigh and butt machine and free weights. I also have the P90X videos as well as the Insanity Dvd's (honestly I can't last through 30 minutes of either show)...but I try something is always better than nothing...

Sorry so long! thanks for the help and all the inspiration on the forum!!
    Use the treadmill or go walking for 30-40 minutes at least 4-5 times per week at a fast pace. Lower body workouts I would stick to higher rep squats and lunges. And for upper body stick with short duration high intensity workouts. For upper body stick to a rep range of around 10 which means the weight will be heavier. The more muscle you build the more fat you burn and the better shape you get!!

Wendy
    http://www.buckeyefitness.com

Anetta22 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Anetta22 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Anetta22 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Anetta22 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Anetta22 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Anetta22 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Anetta22 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Anetta22 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Anetta22 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Anetta22 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Anetta22 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    This information was helpful for me too.

Thanks
    All we need is 1200 calorie diet