Alvah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Can't straighten out my arm and legs.

I'm quite skinny. I'm 17, 5'9'', and around 140 pounds. I started working out the other day. I've been doing some basic curls and others like just holding the weights in each hand and going from my toes to flat footed over and over again to work out my calves.

That was all good until after about 3 days. I wake up today and I can't straighten my arms or legs. I walk around like a tyrannosaurus rex because the only way I can walk is on my toes with my legs bent and my arms are only comfortable when my wrists are near my chest.

It's really annoying because I can't even get around and enjoy my friday. I'm stuck in this house like a T-Rex.

What am I doing wrong? Has this happened to you? Is this going to happen every time I work out? I remember in school the gym teacher made everyone do some curls and the same thing happened to my arms. Do I have some sort of problem?

THE AREAS THAT ARE AFFECTED are my calves, which are very tight and painful, and the inner side of my elbow and upper inner forearm. It feels like there is a huge rubber band in my arms that has been shortened and punched a bunch of times.

Thanks for any sort of insight you can give.

lowstrife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lowstrife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lowstrife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lowstrife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lowstrife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lowstrife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lowstrife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lowstrife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lowstrife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lowstrife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lowstrife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Strech them out, use a rolling pin to stretch and massage the muscle. It will hurt pretty good, but you will be dumbstruck how much it loosens up the muscles.

I got this horribly in my arms my first time lifting too. For 3 or 4 days I couldn't extend my arms straight, I had to keep them at my sides constantly. Took a week to fully go away. Never got it again.

imp2011 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) imp2011 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) imp2011 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) imp2011 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) imp2011 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) imp2011 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) imp2011 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) imp2011 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    what your experienceing is just soreness. drink a protein shake or go to your local kfc and have a few pieces of chicken. just make sure to lick the grease off and then spit it out because its bad just let your tongue enjoy it. been doing it for years

Originally Posted by lowstrife View Post
    Strech them out, use a rolling pin to stretch and massage the muscle. It will hurt pretty good, but you will be dumbstruck how much it loosens up the muscles.

I got this horribly in my arms my first time lifting too. For 3 or 4 days I couldn't extend my arms straight, I had to keep them at my sides constantly. Took a week to fully go away. Never got it again.
    It never happened again? Did you do something differently afterwords? Because if the same thing happens to me again after this heals I'm just going to never work out ever again.

aec32094 will become famous soon enough. (+50) aec32094 will become famous soon enough. (+50) aec32094 will become famous soon enough. (+50) aec32094 will become famous soon enough. (+50) aec32094 will become famous soon enough. (+50) aec32094 will become famous soon enough. (+50) aec32094 will become famous soon enough. (+50) aec32094 will become famous soon enough. (+50) aec32094 will become famous soon enough. (+50) aec32094 will become famous soon enough. (+50) aec32094 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by imp2011 View Post
    what your experienceing is just soreness. drink a protein shake or go to your local kfc and have a few pieces of chicken. just make sure to lick the grease off and then spit it out because its bad just let your tongue enjoy it. been doing it for years
    wut. please go. that's a horrible habit.
    Recovered.

"I think you win the prize for most pieces of crap information in one thread. No, you don't have to 'shock' your body into growth, muscle confusion is bull****. No, your muscles are not some ****ing sentient beings that you need to throw surprise parties for. No, eating 6 times a day is crap + irrelevant." - MrB1g

***Anti-Broscientist Crew***

M0hi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) M0hi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) M0hi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) M0hi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) M0hi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) M0hi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) M0hi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) M0hi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) M0hi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) M0hi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) M0hi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Sounds like DOMS (Delayed On-set of Muscle Soreness)
    Let me guess, you would say your areas affected feel like a tightly wound up bungee chord and moving them is painful? If so, your gonna have to deal with it, eat up, stay hydrated and wait it out. It should be gone within 3 days.

I had it full body, worst experience of my life.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Misc translation: Who mods the mods?
    MISC Plug.DJ crew (◣_◢) http://plug.dj/misc-edm/
    RIP frvrmuscle.
    Aziz Shavershian inspired me. Zyzz made me laugh. There's a difference,RIP
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Reps for life: bfmv69

MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000)
    It's just DOMS (soreness) like other people said, it won't happen as bad if you keep working out. After a week or two you'll get used to it
    sig line can't be a novel crew. and I'll be banned if I make it a novel again

Originally Posted by M0hi View Post
    Let me guess, you would say your areas affected feel like a tightly wound up bungee chord and moving them is painful? If so, your gonna have to deal with it, eat up, stay hydrated and wait it out. It should be gone within 3 days.

Finally I know what this is! Thanks a lot. Did you do anything differently afterwords? I don't want this to happen again.

Dekkos will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dekkos will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dekkos will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dekkos will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dekkos will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dekkos will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dekkos will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dekkos will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dekkos will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dekkos will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dekkos will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by M0hi View Post

You must've felt disabled.
    Sore calves are killer, man.

MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Alvah View Post
    Finally I know what this is! Thanks a lot. Did you do anything differently afterwords? I don't want this to happen again.
    Just keep working out it should become less intense and soon you'll barely notice it

Originally Posted by MilkBender View Post
    Just keep working out it should become less intense and soon you'll barely notice it
    Okay. You mean wait until I don't have these pains and work out again though right? Or should I just work out again tomorrow regardless and it'll be okay?

Originally Posted by Alvah View Post
    Okay. You mean wait until I don't have these pains and work out again though right? Or should I just work out again tomorrow regardless and it'll be okay?
    Work out when it's time for your next workout, I'm assuming it's tomorrow so yes tomorrow