KevRU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KevRU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KevRU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KevRU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KevRU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KevRU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KevRU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KevRU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KevRU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KevRU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KevRU is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

average Stats for D1 fullback?

what are the average stats for a D1 fullback?

40, lifts, height, weight, ect.
    Snapple Bowl 2011 All-Star

RavnXoz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RavnXoz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RavnXoz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RavnXoz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RavnXoz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RavnXoz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RavnXoz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RavnXoz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RavnXoz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RavnXoz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RavnXoz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by KevRU View Post
    what are the average stats for a D1 fullback?

40, lifts, height, weight, ect.

For a D1A Fullback I would say a height of about 5'11-6'2. Going into your freshmen year I would say a weight of about 215-220 at least is expected for a D1 Fullback prospect. Anything 225+ is great, as long as you have an athletic, muscular build.
    Most Junior / Senior starters are about 230-250, with the top notch ones usually weighing in at about 245-260.

Players are often Redshirted to get a year of D1 level weight room training / bulking up, supplements, etc to attain D1 level strength/speed.

They might do this if you are slightly smaller than what they would prefer for an active player, if you are exceptionally strong/fit/fast they might not.

Fullbacks are often used on special teams, so speed as well as strength is essential.

I'd say anything 4.90-4.85 and under is a solid 40 time for an incoming freshman D1 Fullback, depending slightly on how big you are. If you are a 5'11 230 tank who runs a 4.9, they will view you better than a 6'1 215 guy running a 4.9 who still needs to bulk up a little bit. 4.75 and below is great, 4.65 and below is elite, again depending on how big you are.

For lifts, better be strong as a Fullback is usually one of the strongest guys on the team and the position relies on power.

I'd say a bench of 300+, squat of 420+, and Deadlift of 475+ would be solid lifts for an incoming D1 Fullback. The position is all about power and explosion.

Good luck and practice, practice, practice. It isn't all about strength. Make sure you GET VIDEO FOOTAGE of yourself and SEND IT to every D1 school you can, fill out their online recruiting questionnaires on the official team website, get good grades. Practice Fullback stuff: such as catching passes, running routes, pass blocking, run blocking, Special Teams techniques/stuff, every little thing. Making a highlight video is very important. Also go to recruiting combines, and summer camps at D1 schools with D1 scouts there if you can.
    Last edited by RavnXoz; 07-22-2011 at 05:36 PM.

Spencelynn is just really nice. (+1000) Spencelynn is just really nice. (+1000) Spencelynn is just really nice. (+1000) Spencelynn is just really nice. (+1000) Spencelynn is just really nice. (+1000) Spencelynn is just really nice. (+1000) Spencelynn is just really nice. (+1000) Spencelynn is just really nice. (+1000) Spencelynn is just really nice. (+1000) Spencelynn is just really nice. (+1000) Spencelynn is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by RavnXoz View Post
    For a D1A Fullback I would say a height of about 5'11-6'2. Going into your freshmen year I would say a weight of about 215-220 at least is expected for a D1 Fullback prospect. Anything 225+ is great, as long as you have an athletic, muscular build.
    Most Junior / Senior starters are about 230-250, with the top notch ones usually weighing in at about 245-260.

Players are often Redshirted to get a year of D1 level weight room training / bulking up, supplements, etc to attain D1 level strength/speed.

They might do this if you are slightly smaller than what they would prefer for an active player, if you are exceptionally strong/fit/fast they might not.

Fullbacks are often used on special teams, so speed as well as strength is essential.

I'd say anything 4.90-4.85 and under is a solid 40 time for an incoming freshman D1 Fullback, depending slightly on how big you are. If you are a 5'11 230 tank who runs a 4.9, they will view you better than a 6'1 215 guy running a 4.9 who still needs to bulk up a little bit. 4.75 and below is great, 4.65 and below is elite, again depending on how big you are.

For lifts, better be strong as a Fullback is usually one of the strongest guys on the team and the position relies on power.

I'd say a bench of 300+, squat of 420+, and Deadlift of 475+ would be solid lifts for an incoming D1 Fullback. The position is all about power and explosion.

Good luck and practice, practice, practice. It isn't all about strength. Make sure you GET VIDEO FOOTAGE of yourself and SEND IT to every D1 school you can, fill out their online recruiting questionnaires on the official team website, get good grades. Practice Fullback stuff: such as catching passes, running routes, pass blocking, run blocking, Special Teams techniques/stuff, every little thing. Making a highlight video is very important. Also go to recruiting combines, and summer camps at D1 schools with D1 scouts there if you can.
    Solid advice.

Registered User outtherebrother's Avatar
    outtherebrother is just really nice. (+1000) outtherebrother is just really nice. (+1000) outtherebrother is just really nice. (+1000) outtherebrother is just really nice. (+1000) outtherebrother is just really nice. (+1000) outtherebrother is just really nice. (+1000) outtherebrother is just really nice. (+1000) outtherebrother is just really nice. (+1000) outtherebrother is just really nice. (+1000) outtherebrother is just really nice. (+1000) outtherebrother is just really nice. (+1000)

Why are you red? This is the best information I have ever seen on Fullbacks.

nusa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nusa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nusa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nusa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nusa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nusa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nusa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nusa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nusa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nusa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nusa has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Hey check your PM man, also repped you
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*I always rep back, just put rep back.

*Goals
    .Weight in Lbs-200
    .Squat-325
    .Bench-225
    .Dead Lift-350

KevRU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KevRU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KevRU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KevRU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KevRU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KevRU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KevRU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KevRU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KevRU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KevRU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KevRU is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Thanks for all the info it was great help.

You see, I just graduated high school, i played DL/OL but im much more athletic then that, and have pretty good stats, i only played my senior year had d3 offered to play line, but im better then that.

I plan to take a year off and get all my stats up and see if i want to continue to play ball when i get there.

Stats that i have currently are my bench witch is 285 And my 40 which is 5.0 flat

im currently on a cut, im like 227lbs 6ft, plan to cut to 210 and come back up.

I just played in an allstar game and it really made me want to play again. I guess ill see where im at in about 8 months.
    Snapple Bowl 2011 All-Star

PruessPUB will become famous soon enough. (+50) PruessPUB will become famous soon enough. (+50) PruessPUB will become famous soon enough. (+50) PruessPUB will become famous soon enough. (+50) PruessPUB will become famous soon enough. (+50) PruessPUB will become famous soon enough. (+50) PruessPUB will become famous soon enough. (+50) PruessPUB will become famous soon enough. (+50) PruessPUB will become famous soon enough. (+50) PruessPUB will become famous soon enough. (+50) PruessPUB will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Walked on with a guy who was the 20th Ranked Fullback in the Nation out of Ohio. Hes one of my good buddies on the team, his stats are as such -

40 - 4.87
    Vert - 34"
    Bench - 325
    Squat - 565
    Deadlift - 570
    Power Clean - 225 (Wierd isnt it)
    Snatch - 185

Kid's a beast, funny guy too. Didn't get a scholarship due to a low score on the ACT, got into my school on merit of a high GPA and such.

Edit -
    Weight - 230
    Height - 5'10"

EvanUlery has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Sophmmore Fullback, Tips/Suggestions

I'm 5'10'', and weigh 235. I'm a sophmore in high school. My lift are Bench 315, Squat 445, and Power Clean 285. I'm getting faster, but my last 40 time was A 5.21. I have D-Line experience, mainly weakside end. Any tips or suggestions, other than get my 40 time down some? Should I consider moving to defense due to lack of true fullbacks nowadays? I'm quick off the ball but nit explosive in the open field.

Carsonb5656 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Thank you

I'm a junior in highschool and I play guard on offense and defensive end on defense. This was my first year of football and Id say I did well. But my lifts are exceptional and I'm trying to bulk up to about 225.
    Bench "Lacks": 215
    Squat: 380
    Clean: 230
    Dead lift: 375
    Current height and weight 5'10 1/2 215

40: 5
    gpa: 89.9

DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Carsonb5656 View Post
    I'm a junior in highschool and I play guard on offense and defensive end on defense. This was my first year of football and Id say I did well. But my lifts are exceptional and I'm trying to bulk up to about 225.
    Bench "Lacks": 215
    Squat: 380
    Clean: 230
    Dead lift: 375

Current height and weight 5'10 1/2 215
    learn how to squat to depth. No way you are squatting 380 with those other lifts relatively light.

Cybergenics...it's bomb! lucia316's Avatar
    lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by DCSpartan View Post
    learn how to squat to depth. No way you are squatting 380 with those other lifts relatively light.
    Come on man. High school coaches don't worry about depth. It's all about pumping kids egos up.
    "I'm pretty sure your wrong, but care to elaborate..."

Retired account

TheFugitive, Manwittaplan, and ILPump are all the same guy...socktastic

DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by lucia316 View Post
    Come on man. High school coaches don't worry about depth. It's all about pumping kids egos up.
    I saw a video on youtube years ago with some dumb high school football team and the coaches were assisting them with their power cleans.

As in the coach had their hands onthe bar and curling it on one side while the kids was cleaning it on the other.

Cybergenics...it's bomb! lucia316's Avatar
    lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by DCSpartan View Post
    I saw a video on youtube years ago with some dumb high school football team and the coaches were assisting them with their power cleans.

As in the coach had their hands onthe bar and curling it on one side while the kids was cleaning it on the other.
    Jesus. The last HS my son went to killed me.

He came home one afternoon and goes, "Dad, I squatted 225 today."

Skeptical, because the last time he and I squatted together a few weeks prior he was struggling with 135, I asked, "How deep did you go?"

He proceeds to show me a quartersquat and I was like, "Son that's not a squat, you're going to hurt your knees overloading the bar and quartersquatting."

He was like, "Well I asked coach about that and he said, 'Well that's the DO (the high school) way.' "

I went and told the coach that he will not screw with my kid's squat anymore and he'll be squatting to depth. I hate these wannabes.
    "I'm pretty sure your wrong, but care to elaborate..."

Retired account

TheFugitive, Manwittaplan, and ILPump are all the same guy...socktastic

I can send links to vids coaches are scared because I squat to far below parallel I have now increased to 445 SQT 230 Bench 260 Powerclean and I also have gained weight I am at 225

Originally Posted by Carsonb5656 View Post
    I can send links to vids coaches are scared because I squat to far below parallel I have now increased to 445 SQT 230 Bench 260 Powerclean and I also have gained weight I am at 225
    we'll pass on the vids.

I have multiple colleges (small) contacting me for camps/visits. Not as much for full back but more for guard/DE

sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    What grade are you going to be in this fall? Junior? Senior? You need to become familiar with the NCAA rules regarding recruiting. There are different times of the year when different divisions can contact you. If you have any designs on D1 or D2 you'll need to register with the NCAA. Remember, there are 27 conferences in D3 with some 400 schools competing in football. A lot of great football is played in the better schools/conferences in D3. Have fun with this time in your life and go to camps, even D1 and D2 camps. D1 camps tend to have a lot of D3 and D2 coaches in attendance. Don't discount the smaller schools. Their financial aid can (and usually is) much better than larger state schools. If you can get scholarships so that your expenses are close to your EFC number in your FAFSA then you're doing well.