kamit55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Taking creatine while trying to lose fat

Hi,

I know this has been asked many times before and this was exactly the reason I went out to buy some creatine monohydrate.
    First a little bit of history. I started lifting weight when I was 16. I got addicted to it and was also happy by my process. There were times when i worked out for more than 2.5 hours. I never took any supplements then. I did manage to lose about 50-55 pounds of my body weigh and about 6-7 inches from my waist (from 39 to 32.5). I only lifted weight and didn't do much cardio.
    Later I got a job and the time spent on exercising went down drastically until I totally stopped doing it. I regained my weight and also the inches around my waist.
    Now, I am 30 and weigh about 230 pounds. My waist size is 38 inches. Most of my fat is about the middle. I dont have a huge belly but a good size of love handles.
    Currently I am on a business trip and would get enough time to work out atleast for a couple of months. I want to lose as many pounds as I can and also get a good amount of muscles in this period. All just to motivate me when I go back home to get time out to exercise.
    I read a lot about taking creatine in this forum as well as on some other websites where the users have said that Creatine does increase water retention but does not hamper fat loss. For this reason I went out to buy some Creatine from a local dealer. He advised me against buying any creatine and suggested I bought some l - cartinine instead or some other fat loss supplements. I frankly do not want to buy any of these as I know the moment I stop taking them, I will start getting fat again.
    I went on to buy Creatine from another shop as the previous one didnt have a small pack for me to try out if it suits me. Even the second shop owner suggested me not to take Creatine and suggested Lamrada charge instead.
    I have started taking whey isolate from the last week (Syntrax Nectar sweets) and am really very very confused if I should be taking the Creatine or not.
    Any help on this will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

bump

JosefRakichFitness.com JOSEF RAKICH's Avatar
    JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Too long did not read..

But yes you can take creatine when cutting (losing fat) it is a good idea, it will not prevent you from losing fat or anything like that. Take that creatine and get shredded!

Dallisch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dallisch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dallisch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dallisch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dallisch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dallisch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dallisch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dallisch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dallisch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dallisch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dallisch is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by kamit55 View Post
    bump
    Creatine does increase water retention usually, but it's a good supplement wether you stay on a diet or a bulk, it has increasing muscle strength qualities which is great on a diet.
    Taken with carbs post-workout allows you to transfer it better to your muscle cells.
    When you're taking creatine, make sure to be properly hydrated. More water, the more efficient it will be.

Bobby45512 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bobby45512 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bobby45512 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bobby45512 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bobby45512 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bobby45512 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bobby45512 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bobby45512 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bobby45512 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bobby45512 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bobby45512 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Just remember water retention does not = fat. You can always stop use of creatine for 2 weeks drop that water weight and then get back on.

Jacob_R has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jacob_R has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jacob_R has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jacob_R has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jacob_R has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jacob_R has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jacob_R has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jacob_R has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jacob_R has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jacob_R has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jacob_R has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Not every user reports water retention with creatine. Just drink.

@Josef, :-) yes it was long. My first post on bb.com. Shall try to keep it brief the next time.. Thanks for the reply though. I almost lost hope of getting any responses. I shall get some creatine soon. Wont ask for any advice from the shop owner this time.
    @Dallisch and Bobby45512, point noted. I dont care much about the scales. Was just a bit worried bcos the shopowners told me creatine wont work if I take it while trying to lose weight.. probably trying to sell the expensive weight loss pills.
    @Jocob, I shall surely let you guys know if I do retain any water after taking it.
    I am looking out for the monohydrate powder from ON. Would that be a good choice?
    Also, I read many posts which say loading is not required. I wont do it either. Let me know if any of you guys feel otherwise. Thanks for the replies guys!

SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Creatine can aid in fat loss. However due to the water retention and fluxuation that it causes, I find it near impossible to accurately determined progress being made on it while dieting.

I'd recommend looking up the benefits of large amounts of fish oil for overall health and its ability to increase fat loss while dieting.

Dallisch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dallisch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dallisch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dallisch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dallisch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dallisch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dallisch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dallisch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dallisch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dallisch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dallisch is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    @Dallisch and Bobby45512, point noted. I dont care much about the scales. Was just a bit worried bcos the shopowners told me creatine wont work if I take it while trying to lose weight.. probably trying to sell the expensive weight loss pills.
    I am looking out for the monohydrate powder from ON. Would that be a good choice?
    Also, I read many posts which say loading is not required. I wont do it either. Let me know if any of you guys feel otherwise. Thanks for the replies guys!
    It will probably work and there's loads of different creatine out there today.
    Try it out, creatine is not expensive and if it is it's probably just bull**** added to it (such as fast carbs to "promote" a better working creatine).
    If you do not load up, the effect of creatine will come creeping up to you. You won't notice it the first week or so but the effect come creeping around 2-3 weeks aproximately. So no, loading is not required for creatine to work.

Good luck with your diet my friend

@SugarFree1, I already bought creatine today. I shall also take a look at the fish oil. Is it fine if I take it while I am taking creatine?
    @Dallisch, I couldnt find ON here. Got 250 gms of GNC's monohydrate powder instead. Got it for $20. This stuff doesnt mix well with water but I guess thats the way its supposed to be. They had older packs which had passed expiry dates. They had instructions for loading. The one they gave me doesn't have them. Only 5 gm is recommended. How much should one take for loading? I should load for 5 days correct?
    I work out in the late evening. I took about a teaspoon today 1/2 hour before working out and had my protein drink post workout.

GetBig055 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GetBig055 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GetBig055 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GetBig055 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GetBig055 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GetBig055 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GetBig055 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GetBig055 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GetBig055 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GetBig055 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GetBig055 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    90 percent what you eat. Take creatine and eat ****ty youll bloat like no other.

SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    @SugarFree1, I already bought creatine today. I shall also take a look at the fish oil. Is it fine if I take it while I am taking creatine?
    Yes its fine, the one will not interfere with the other.

@Dallisch, I couldnt find ON here. Got 250 gms of GNC's monohydrate powder instead. Got it for $20. This stuff doesnt mix well with water but I guess thats the way its supposed to be. They had older packs which had passed expiry dates. They had instructions for loading. The one they gave me doesn't have them. Only 5 gm is recommended. How much should one take for loading? I should load for 5 days correct?
    I work out in the late evening. I took about a teaspoon today 1/2 hour before working out and had my protein drink post workout.
    Up your in-take of it by 5 grams for around 5-7 days (loading phase) so a total of 10grams creatine / day. Then after 5-7 days, cut back to 5grams / day and you should be loaded!

Mr-Tripster is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr-Tripster is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr-Tripster is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr-Tripster is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr-Tripster is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr-Tripster is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr-Tripster is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr-Tripster is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr-Tripster is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr-Tripster is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr-Tripster is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Later I got a job and the time spent on exercising went down drastically until I totally stopped doing it.....Currently I am on a business trip and would get enough time to work out atleast for a couple of months. I want to lose as many pounds as I can and also get a good amount of muscles in this period. All just to motivate me when I go back home to get time out to exercise.

The main thing that worries me is history repeating it self man. Yes its tough but unless you're sick and physically cannot go to the gym, you gotta keep your head up and push through. Creatine wont decrease your fat loss even though it will make you look flabby until your body gets used to the extra water. Water is water and can be lost in few days so creatine would be the last thing on the list to worry about when losing fat. I'd be more worried about the fat loss supplement screwing up organs. A good diet and a consistent workout plan will be your solution, not weather or not you take creatine. Salt also retains plenty of water...
    Back log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=138027343

@SugarFree1, Understood.
    @Dallisch, I shall take 2 teaspoons from today 30 mins before working out. I am not sure if its only in my head but I do feel energetic today. But when I took a shower this morning, I saw a lot of hair shedding from my head. Would the creatine be the reason by any chance?
    Mr-Tripster@ my idea is to get as much gains I could in the next couple of months I am here so that when I go back I have enough motivation to take me to the gym atleast every alternate day. :-)

[QUOTE=kamit55;724244021]@Dallisch, I shall take 2 teaspoons from today 30 mins before working out. I am not sure if its only in my head but I do feel energetic today. But when I took a shower this morning, I saw a lot of hair shedding from my head. Would the creatine be the reason by any chance?
    [QUOTE]

I'd highly doubt it's because of the creatine that you're losing your hair. There's a lot more factors to take in such as stress, not having enough vitamins/minerals in your diet are two things. Get a multivitamin/mineral pill and take it with food (food which contains fat, perfect to take with your omega-3's and food).
    It's a nice thing with placebo-effects, if you believe in the product it will work for you.
    I'd split the loading phase so you take 5g on the morning with your breakfast (if you have any) and 5g post-workout (around dinnertimme on non-workout days).

I do shed some hair everyday but today it was more. Even now if I move my hand through my hair, 2-3 strands fall down. I shall continue with the creatine and see if thats the real reason.
    About the loading phase, do I take the 5gms in the morning even if I dont have breakfast? Is it fine to take creatine on an empty stomach?
    Do I also have to continue the loading (taking 5 +5 gms) even on non workout days?

I do shed some hair everyday but today it was more. Even now if I move my hand through my hair, 2-3 strands fall down. I shall continue with the creatine and see if thats the real reason.
    About the loading phase, do I take the 5gms in the morning even if I dont have breakfast? Is it fine to take creatine on an empty stomach?
    Do I also have to continue the loading (taking 5 +5 gms) even on non workout days?
    Yeah, the hair is constantly growing (around 75% of your haircells while 25% has stopped growing and won't grow for a few months), a standard. The reason you may be more aware of it now is because you relate to taking creatine might be a cause for your hair loss, but as you said, keep experimenting and if it is the reason, stop using creatine. :-)

Yeah its okay to take on an empty stomach, it was just recommendations. With carbs the uptake is slightly better. Just don't do 10grams in one sitting, unneccesary. Split it up to take 5grams in 2 sittings :-)
    No, once the loading phase is complete, you go back to 5 grams on workout days and 5 grams on non-workout days. You may supplement 5grams extra if you want on workout days pre-workout, it is not very beneficial but might give you an extra edge. My 2 cents

Originally Posted by Dallisch View Post
    Yeah, the hair is constantly growing (around 75% of your haircells while 25% has stopped growing and won't grow for a few months), a standard. The reason you may be more aware of it now is because you relate to taking creatine might be a cause for your hair loss, but as you said, keep experimenting and if it is the reason, stop using creatine. :-)

Yeah its okay to take on an empty stomach, it was just recommendations. With carbs the uptake is slightly better. Just don't do 10grams in one sitting, unneccesary. Split it up to take 5grams in 2 sittings :-)
    No, once the loading phase is complete, you go back to 5 grams on workout days and 5 grams on non-workout days. You may supplement 5grams extra if you want on workout days pre-workout, it is not very beneficial but might give you an extra edge. My 2 cents
    I hope that is the case. I dont want to stop taking creatine after reading all the good stuff :-)
    I read on some of the posts that we have to consume about 20gms in the loading phase each day. Is that much required? Thanks for all the help :-)

Leiyu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Leiyu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Leiyu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Leiyu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Leiyu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Leiyu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Leiyu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Leiyu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Leiyu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Leiyu has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Leiyu has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Good question, thank you OP.

Hello, is kre-alkalyn creatine a better choice than a mono? What's the true difference and how do you decide on the type of creatine?

I hope that is the case. I dont want to stop taking creatine after reading all the good stuff :-)
    I read on some of the posts that we have to consume about 20gms in the loading phase each day. Is that much required? Thanks for all the help :-)
    I usually recommend around 10-15grams on loading phase. However I feel that 20gram is a bit much and if you really wanna make sure go for 15 grams. You will pee out all the excessive creatine (which the body can't take up) anyway. I don't feel any difference between 15 and 20 grams (probably because I pee out the 5 extra grams so).

@Leiyu: Depends, Kre-alkalyn is buffed CMO which does not require any loading and has a direct effect. It also does not add water rentention. Something you don't take every day like regular CMO. There's loads of "different" creatine types, but CMO has been the most researched creatine to actually work.

Hey, I started the loading from today. Will let you know how it works out :-) I think I missed out one question though. Is it fine to load even on a rest day? Or do I take only 5 gms and on the rest day and continue loading on the next workout day?

mrdot has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) mrdot has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) mrdot has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) mrdot has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) mrdot has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) mrdot has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) mrdot has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) mrdot has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) mrdot has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) mrdot has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) mrdot has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Hey, I started the loading from today. Will let you know how it works out :-) I think I missed out one question though. Is it fine to load even on a rest day? Or do I take only 5 gms and on the rest day and continue loading on the next workout day?
    yes because you need the creatine to build up in your system

so take it everyday

There is plenty of proven research that proves a lot of great benefits for taking creatine. However there are some of us it just doesnt agree with and I wanted to say dont be afraid to skip the loading phase the first time you take it.

As an example, last time I took creatine I blew up 18 lbs in a week! Stomach bloating was so bad that I had to get medical attention right away. Time before that I winded up with compartment syndrome and permanent muscle & nerve damage. Again I seem to be one of a very small percentage that crap like this may have a negative effect on but just to let ya know.

@mrdot, Got it. Thanks.
    @SugarFree1, I really understand and appreciate your concern. This is the reason why I didnt start loading from the first day itself. I started with a very small amount, monitored my body for any changes. I thought I was shedding some hair but it turned out that its normal here becuase of the extra chlorine in the water.
    Just yesterday I started with the loading. And as suggested by Dallisch, I am taking only 10 -12 gms each day for the loading which I dont think is a very high dosage. I didnt get bloated and actually didnt see much change in my body in the last few days I have been consuming creatine. Thanks.

siddhant007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

what is difference between creatine and meal replacement

what is difference between creatine and meal replacement

powerlifting and stuff Big.Jazayrli's Avatar
    Big.Jazayrli has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big.Jazayrli has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big.Jazayrli has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big.Jazayrli has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big.Jazayrli has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big.Jazayrli has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big.Jazayrli has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big.Jazayrli has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big.Jazayrli has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big.Jazayrli has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big.Jazayrli has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by JOSEF RAKICH View Post
    Too long did not read..

But yes you can take creatine when cutting (losing fat) it is a good idea, it will not prevent you from losing fat or anything like that. Take that creatine and get shredded!
    this man speaks the troof
    Picking things up and putting them down since '09

Ayar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by GetBig055 View Post
    90 percent what you eat. Take creatine and eat ****ty youll bloat like no other.
    This... be.... ware....

Man Handles of Peace Bechsgaard's Avatar
    Bechsgaard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bechsgaard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bechsgaard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bechsgaard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bechsgaard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bechsgaard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bechsgaard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bechsgaard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bechsgaard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bechsgaard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bechsgaard is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    This thread man....