Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500)
    BTW the notion of comp time and getting time off after working overtime on something is all well and good, but it reflects thinking that's based on the hourly, non-professional worker. The whole concept of being salaried and exempt from receiving overtime pay is that you have a job to do and you do it, whether it takes 60 hours a week or 20 hours, or 60 hours some weeks and 20 hours other weeks. Playing games about getting to take off an amount of time equal to the time you had to work longer is treating you like a non-exempt employee and technically illegal.

Most places do it, but if you ever went to court you would be a fool not to use that as part of your argument.
    Overweight and arrogant

Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz
    I always thought of it this way.

An hourly employee sells their time.

A salaried employee sells their expertise.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 11

"As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17

Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Wildtim View Post
    I always thought of it this way.

An hourly employee sells their time.

A salaried employee sells their expertise.
    So a person can't do both??

I'm in a highly technical field where the knowlege and skills don't exactly come easy, yet I'm paid by the hour.
    "Do you think SHE actually felt like that was a sexual thing he was doing? She's like 6. Only an actual p3do would think that she thought he was groping her, too."

"Not that it's impossible to touch a minor inappropriately, but it is true that a 6 year old girl will not recognize someone putting a hand on their chest as groping, whether it is inappropriate or not."

- Jayarbie

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=182007113&p=1671975503#post1671975503

Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz
    You have skills that are used on behalf of the company but they are buying your time. You only work when paid to.

If you were salaried you would theoretically work until the job is done, they would be paying for your expertise.

Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You have skills that are used on behalf of the company but they are buying your time. You only work when paid to.

If you were salaried you would theoretically work until the job is done, they would be paying for your expertise.
    You're missing the point brah. I do work until the job is done. Constantly - hell, just last month I did two 70 hour weeks back to back, including one day that was damn near 24 straight hours. Got called in last night (friday) at around 9:30pm and worked until 2:00am also..

You're confusing hourly with some government type job like the post office where people punch a clock and leave at a certain time each and every day, regardless of whether or not there is still work to be done. Doesn't work that way at all though. I work, I work until the job is done, and I get paid for my time AND my expertise.
    "Do you think SHE actually felt like that was a sexual thing he was doing? She's like 6. Only an actual p3do would think that she thought he was groping her, too."

"Not that it's impossible to touch a minor inappropriately, but it is true that a 6 year old girl will not recognize someone putting a hand on their chest as groping, whether it is inappropriate or not."

- Jayarbie

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=182007113&p=1671975503#post1671975503

Interesting, I've never had an hourly job where they would have allowed that much overtime. In fact I've had a few where overtime was strictly prohibited, and I held one position where the corporate office had changed it to hourly from salary specifically to prevent mid level management from taking advantage of the person holding that position.

Most hourly positions I've held, did include punching a time clock, and none were in the public sector. Management very much cared about when I showed up, when I ate lunch and for how long I was there. They were as much concerned with my time card as my work.

My wife on the other hand is salaried and she can go in late, or early, take a long or no lunch, and come home when she needs to even working from home at times provided her work is plentiful and up to snuff. As long as she appears when she needs to her time is her own while the company cares about her work.

Interesting, I've never had an hourly job where they would have allowed that much overtime. In fact I've had a few where overtime was strictly prohibited,
    During "normal" times it's pretty much frowned upon, but right now we've got several big projects going on at the same time in addition to our daily work load. And it's been like that all year long.. It's been an enormous mountain of work and TBH it's catching up to me. My workouts have suffered and my diet is way off.. Had three nights this week just like last night where I worked until 2am, and now here it is saturday and I feel like sht..

It all has to get done though, so you do whatever it takes. And there's no way it would happen if people were limited to 40hrs per week - not and make the deadlines anyway. I try to keep looking at the bright side because there are so many people out of work in this economy, but it isn't always easy..

- Jayarbie