Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    nebnar will become famous soon enough. (+50) nebnar will become famous soon enough. (+50) nebnar will become famous soon enough. (+50) nebnar will become famous soon enough. (+50) nebnar will become famous soon enough. (+50) nebnar will become famous soon enough. (+50) nebnar will become famous soon enough. (+50) nebnar will become famous soon enough. (+50) nebnar will become famous soon enough. (+50) nebnar will become famous soon enough. (+50) nebnar will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by RM2011 View Post
    Not sure this is the best place to post this but I'm guessing someone will be able to help out. I am one to Get up around 6am and work out. Is it ok to get up and take NO-Xplode 1st thing then work out. It say to take on empty stomach but I know its also good to have some sort of meal b4 workout. Tell what would be best.

Thanks in advance.
    I workout at 530 a.m. every 3 days. I wake up, make a protein shake, eat some real food, wait a little and take assault, then off to the gym.

wake up at 430 and lifting at 540.

my lifts havent suffered in the a.m. compared to the afternoon (4 p.m. is when i work out when not in morning). I have been steadily increasing for the last few months.

schedule goes
    a.m.
    a.m.
    p.m.
    p.m.
    repeat.

been doing this for about 6 months.
    Last edited by nebnar; 07-22-2011 at 07:15 PM. Reason: forgot something
    year 2 will be better than year 1, as i've had a year to realize how little I really knew.

RM2011 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I do use Fitday to keep track of my intake. For the past month I found out my Maint. is about 2400. I have been sticking with Chicken, Eggs, Egg whites, Brown rice, veggies, whole wheat Pasta and Protien shakes. Hitting 2400 cal is hard for me. I do add Olive Oil to some meals and take in a TBsp of PB also to try to get that High. I guess I can boost my intake by 200-300 to gain some weight. I just don't want to gain it in the wrong place. I am not a hardcore lifter but just trying to get in shape.

Thanks again everyone

Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    My goals lean towards getting stronger. I lift every morning (5:00am) and all I take in is 2 cups of coffee and I have realized consistent gains in all my lifts and in size.
    400# Bulgarian bicep curl

**S U P E R B E A S T** Meatpants's Avatar
    Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I do use Fitday to keep track of my intake. For the past month I found out my Maint. is about 2400. I have been sticking with Chicken, Eggs, Egg whites, Brown rice, veggies, whole wheat Pasta and Protien shakes. Hitting 2400 cal is hard for me. I do add Olive Oil to some meals and take in a TBsp of PB also to try to get that High. I guess I can boost my intake by 200-300 to gain some weight. I just don't want to gain it in the wrong place. I am not a hardcore lifter but just trying to get in shape.

Thanks again everyone
    I think your off on your maintenance level, but it really doens't matter. Add 300 calories a day. Do this for two weeks. If it is not changing, add another 200-300 a day. Repeat the cycle until you are where you want to be. You will need to adjust as your weight, and metabolism adjust.

No more bagel minis.
    To whom much is given, much is expected.

Victory is reserved for those willing to pay its price.

EasyStreets will become famous soon enough. (+50) EasyStreets will become famous soon enough. (+50) EasyStreets will become famous soon enough. (+50) EasyStreets will become famous soon enough. (+50) EasyStreets will become famous soon enough. (+50) EasyStreets will become famous soon enough. (+50) EasyStreets will become famous soon enough. (+50) EasyStreets will become famous soon enough. (+50) EasyStreets will become famous soon enough. (+50) EasyStreets will become famous soon enough. (+50) EasyStreets will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I work a lot of double shift (08:00-00:00) and on those days I hit the gym around 0630. But I always eat a pretty good breakfast before I leave. Everyone is different though and I know it can be hard on some people to eat that close to a workout. But in my own experience NO-Xplode can cause and early brown out on my workout. Instant sour stomach with any kind of food involved with it. Since switching and trying some various other stims like jack3d and superpump xxl, I havent had the same upset stomach issues.

Like some of the other posters here have included, I dont think that pre-workout stims are that important to your workout but I take every advantage I can get. I personally hate coffee so I get my boost from stims. But if I had to choose between the stims and breakfast I would take the food every time.
    ~ I'm a great believer in luck and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it. ~
    Thomas Jefferson

~when brain surgery, or string theory, or the NFL draft, or women's dress sizes, or white wine is being discussed, I remain quiet, odd though that may seem. But seldom is this the case when orthopedic surgeons, athletic trainers, physical therapists, or nurses are asked about full squats~RIP

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=142540911&welcome=true

orvieto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) orvieto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) orvieto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) orvieto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) orvieto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) orvieto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) orvieto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) orvieto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) orvieto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) orvieto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) orvieto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Bowl of oatmeal in the am prior to workout. 1/2 cup oats, cup of milk, micro for 2min 10 secs. Let it set for about 30 seconds. tablespoon'ish of brown sugar on the top. Good pre workout energy. in 3 minutes.

Eating something is more important that supplementing.

absntaxes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) absntaxes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) absntaxes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) absntaxes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) absntaxes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) absntaxes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) absntaxes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) absntaxes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) absntaxes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) absntaxes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) absntaxes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    work out at 5:00 a.m. on an empty stomach...sometimes have casein before going to bed but not regularly...it's not ideal but I've made good progress...
    Mens sana in corpore sano

fpena will become famous soon enough. (+50) fpena will become famous soon enough. (+50) fpena will become famous soon enough. (+50) fpena will become famous soon enough. (+50) fpena will become famous soon enough. (+50) fpena will become famous soon enough. (+50) fpena will become famous soon enough. (+50) fpena will become famous soon enough. (+50) fpena will become famous soon enough. (+50) fpena will become famous soon enough. (+50) fpena will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by absntaxes View Post
    work out at 5:00 a.m. on an empty stomach...sometimes have casein before going to bed but not regularly...it's not ideal but I've made good progress...
    I do the same thing but take one of the Gatorade G2 packets before I leave for the gym. I have a decent amount of energy and make sure to keep my workouts under one hour. The hardest part is actually getting up in the morning but once I'm at the gym I'm okay.

Still need to work on the rest of the diet thought as I know that is impacting my gains.

JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Not sure this is the best place to post this but I'm guessing someone will be able to help out. I am one to Get up around 6am and work out. Is it ok to get up and take NO-Xplode 1st thing then work out. It say to take on empty stomach but I know its also good to have some sort of meal b4 workout. Tell what would be best.

Thanks in advance.
    I think training in the morning is no problem. I do it sometimes. Given you are 6' 1" and weight only 165 pounds, I also think you should reevaluate your diet for additional lean mass.
    How can you visualize training a muscle if you don't know its structure?