Page 8 of 74 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast
    Picking up the pieces newbeginning828's Avatar
    newbeginning828 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) newbeginning828 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) newbeginning828 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) newbeginning828 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) newbeginning828 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) newbeginning828 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) newbeginning828 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) newbeginning828 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) newbeginning828 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) newbeginning828 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) newbeginning828 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Ivey_Itch View Post
    I know what you mean! Every time I'm in the gym and I see a woman walk in I think, Yay! A woman is going to lift weights, BUT they usually just walk straight to the cardio machines A lot of the time, they look at me like I'm strange for using weights!

Oh and I attempted a hand stand against the wall yesterday... I didn't make it up - Yikes! I'll keep practicing. Those pistol squats look fun!
    ^srsly! This happens to me too. They look at me like I'm crazy, or the side eye for being in there. LOL. Ahh well whatever...
    "The minute you lose confidence in yourself and stop believing... you've lost" by Jan Matthews
    **TEAM AMAZON** Sisterhood of Iron

My Building Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139809523

Summer Lifting w/Promera! (COMPLETED)
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146024643

tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Oh and I attempted a hand stand against the wall yesterday... I didn't make it up - Yikes! I'll keep practicing. Those pistol squats look fun!
    It took me a lot of trys too, besides needing strength, it's also kinda scary.

And I agree about the whole woman thing. It's funny, it can be hard to talk to other women in the gym. Even just saying hi - I guess I need to be more outgoing.

I did see a woman on Saturday with INCREDIBLE back development. Even my bf, who is a bber, was impressed. I could see her definition from the other side of the gym. Never seen her before, or anyone even close to that.

Training today

Training was wierd, pretty tired today and a lot of lower back/trap soreness from Saturday. Everything was hard.

Rows/chinups
    sets of 8/sets of 3-5

OH press
    45x8, 50x8, 55x8
    * then moved to cleans. I don't know, form feels better, but could only get 105 up, tried at 115 and failed.

handstands/raises
    did the shoulder taps again, need to move closer to the wall next time.

TRX stuff
    pikes, planks, leg crunches etc...

Ivey_Itch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ivey_Itch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ivey_Itch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ivey_Itch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ivey_Itch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ivey_Itch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ivey_Itch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ivey_Itch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ivey_Itch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ivey_Itch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ivey_Itch is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by tina722 View Post
    It took me a lot of trys too, besides needing strength, it's also kinda scary.

And I agree about the whole woman thing. It's funny, it can be hard to talk to other women in the gym. Even just saying hi - I guess I need to be more outgoing.

I did see a woman on Saturday with INCREDIBLE back development. Even my bf, who is a bber, was impressed. I could see her definition from the other side of the gym. Never seen her before, or anyone even close to that.

Training was wierd, pretty tired today and a lot of lower back/trap soreness from Saturday. Everything was hard.
    Good to know about the handstands! Yeah, at my old gym, I saw some buff women, but most of them were probably in there 40's and I was in my early 20's, so I never approached them. I keep hoping I'll meet someone around here around my age that can be my "friend". God that sounds horrible! But it's true. I would love to make some female friends that live near me and have similar interests. With my job, I work independently, there are "co-workers" but we all work on our own, and so you really don't get to know your coworkers. All my other friends live way too far away to get together with and I don't go to social things, so I never meet anyone. (I'm not a loser, although this post is starting to make me feel like one, lol). It would just be nice to meet someone who has similar interests and that would like to possibly hang out sometime.

Hope your back feels better!
    I want to be the best.

tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000) tina722 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    ^^ It's really hard to make friends as you get older. Or maybe I put out less effort.

Feb 7

Front squats
    up to 135x2, some sets of 115x5

heels up squat
    85x8x3

leg press
    4 sets

split squat
    25sx8x3

leg extensions
    2 sets

-H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    heels up squat
    85x8x3
    Hi.
    What is this heels up squat you speak of?
    I am looking for a replacement for hack squats- I have tried putting my heels on plates, but it is uncomfortable and I feel like it messes with my form, and doesn't isolate quads. Also tried closer stance on smith machine....BUT maybe I am doing it wrong!! Would love to hear about what you do here, thanks.
    "You pass on more to your children and your grandchildren than your eye color, your hair color, your crooked smile. You also pass on your enthusiasm, your spirit, your desire to compete. You provide the living example that they can become more than they ever thought they could. Because you did.”
    -- Nike

*TEAM AMAZON* Sisterhood of Iron

Originally Posted by -H- View Post
    Hi.
    What is this heels up squat you speak of?
    I am looking for a replacement for hack squats- I have tried putting my heels on plates, but it is uncomfortable and I feel like it messes with my form, and doesn't isolate quads. Also tried closer stance on smith machine....BUT maybe I am doing it wrong!! Would love to hear about what you do here, thanks.
    Hi! I don't like hack squats either.

I do put my heels on 25#plates. It's a pretty steep angle - 10# would work also. I feel it a lot in my quads and core, but if you don't like how it feels - don't force it. It might work with DBs. Either holding them, or put them up your shoulders. I used to do it that way a lot! and form felt great. I have a friend who loves front squats on the smith - so you might also try that.

-H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Hi! I don't like hack squats either.

I do put my heels on 25#plates. It's a pretty steep angle - 10# would work also. I feel it a lot in my quads and core, but if you don't like how it feels - don't force it. It might work with DBs. Either holding them, or put them up your shoulders. I used to do it that way a lot! and form felt great. I have a friend who loves front squats on the smith - so you might also try that.
    Thanks! Ooh, front squats on the smith!! Wil definitely try that. Will try different/bigger plates, too- I was using the 2.5 little guys, lol! So they felt unstable, and not as much of an angle. Can try with DB's too, but can't hold as much weight.
    Thank you!!
    "You pass on more to your children and your grandchildren than your eye color, your hair color, your crooked smile. You also pass on your enthusiasm, your spirit, your desire to compete. You provide the living example that they can become more than they ever thought they could. Because you did.”
    -- Nike

Alright, so I have been trying to eat a lot, gain a little and get stronger. It's been going so/so and I think I want to try to set up a vague outline to have more specific goals to reach.

*Disclaimer: I am a strength person - the best (and smartest) thing to do would choose a program. I would love any encouragement to do this. BUT, I probably won't.

So,longer term goals are 2 plate squat and 3 plate DL. I think 135#bench, 200# squat and 280 DL by April are pretty reasonable. I think the key will be to try to keep the volume reasonable and make small, weekly increases. If I were to do a program, I believe I still have some linear gains left in me (ie. Starting Strength). So, a 5lb increase every other week for benching and squat, and a 10lb increase every 3 weeks for deads. I'd like for these to be easy, clean lifts - none of the form issues that I tend to have.

There's 12 weeks until April 14th - or 12 Saturdays. I will probably DL and Squat on Saturday and bench on Thurdays. Not ideal, but should work.

Diet-wise: I don't think I have the motivation to track atm, but I need to eat more. I'd like to be a solid 140-142 by April. None of this 136, stuff. So, this week the goal is to drink OJ, and protein after workout and also to eat a real dinner everyday (have only been snacking and having drinks).

Romina81 is just really nice. (+1000) Romina81 is just really nice. (+1000) Romina81 is just really nice. (+1000) Romina81 is just really nice. (+1000) Romina81 is just really nice. (+1000) Romina81 is just really nice. (+1000) Romina81 is just really nice. (+1000) Romina81 is just really nice. (+1000) Romina81 is just really nice. (+1000) Romina81 is just really nice. (+1000) Romina81 is just really nice. (+1000)

Thumbs up

Sounds like a good plan! Love it when women aren't afraid to eat! Are you going to start cutting in April?

Originally Posted by Romina81 View Post
    Sounds like a good plan! Love it when women aren't afraid to eat! Are you going to start cutting in April?
    Thanks! Hopefully it'll work. I probably will cut - or at least change the diet up a little in April, definetly by May. I wouldn't mind being a little leaner.

newbeginning828 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) newbeginning828 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) newbeginning828 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) newbeginning828 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) newbeginning828 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) newbeginning828 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) newbeginning828 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) newbeginning828 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) newbeginning828 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) newbeginning828 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) newbeginning828 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Good to know about the handstands! Yeah, at my old gym, I saw some buff women, but most of them were probably in there 40's and I was in my early 20's, so I never approached them. I keep hoping I'll meet someone around here around my age that can be my "friend". God that sounds horrible! But it's true. I would love to make some female friends that live near me and have similar interests. With my job, I work independently, there are "co-workers" but we all work on our own, and so you really don't get to know your coworkers. All my other friends live way too far away to get together with and I don't go to social things, so I never meet anyone. (I'm not a loser, although this post is starting to make me feel like one, lol). It would just be nice to meet someone who has similar interests and that would like to possibly hang out sometime.

Hope your back feels better!
    I completely know what you mean Ivey. I'm pretty much in the exact same situation. It gets pretty lonely every now and then. Hopefully we'll get lucky one of these days

^^ It's really hard to make friends as you get older. Or maybe I put out less effort.

Feb 7

Front squats
    up to 135x2, some sets of 115x5

heels up squat
    85x8x3

leg press
    4 sets

split squat
    25sx8x3

leg extensions
    2 sets
    Alright, so I have been trying to eat a lot, gain a little and get stronger. It's been going so/so and I think I want to try to set up a vague outline to have more specific goals to reach.

*Disclaimer: I am a strength person - the best (and smartest) thing to do would choose a program. I would love any encouragement to do this. BUT, I probably won't.

So,longer term goals are 2 plate squat and 3 plate DL. I think 135#bench, 200# squat and 280 DL by April are pretty reasonable. I think the key will be to try to keep the volume reasonable and make small, weekly increases. If I were to do a program, I believe I still have some linear gains left in me (ie. Starting Strength). So, a 5lb increase every other week for benching and squat, and a 10lb increase every 3 weeks for deads. I'd like for these to be easy, clean lifts - none of the form issues that I tend to have.

There's 12 weeks until April 14th - or 12 Saturdays. I will probably DL and Squat on Saturday and bench on Thurdays. Not ideal, but should work.

Diet-wise: I don't think I have the motivation to track atm, but I need to eat more. I'd like to be a solid 140-142 by April. None of this 136, stuff. So, this week the goal is to drink OJ, and protein after workout and also to eat a real dinner everyday (have only been snacking and having drinks).
    Great workouts for not really feeling 100%!

If you feel that you're doing ok making your own programs go with it... unless you really want to follow one Looking forward to seeing you hit your goals!!
    "The minute you lose confidence in yourself and stop believing... you've lost" by Jan Matthews

My Building Journal:

No program advice (I agree with if you don't find one you are drawn to to create your own) but WOW impressive numbers! So awesome.
    -- Nike

Originally Posted by newbeginning828 View Post
    If you feel that you're doing ok making your own programs go with it... unless you really want to follow one Looking forward to seeing you hit your goals!!
    LOL. I have never 'really' followed a program, although I recommend them to everyone, and I probably should. I'll accept the non-linear progression for ...whatever it is that I do.

This site is incredible in general, but the article talks about "autoregulatory" training. I find this really fits me. http://www.myosynthesis.com/autoregu...-periodization

Edit: This one gives more detail. http://www.myosynthesis.com/workouts...neral-strength

No program advice (I agree with if you don't find one you are drawn to to create your own) but WOW impressive numbers! So awesome.
    Thanks! You will be there before you know it.
    Last edited by tina722; 02-07-2012 at 02:00 PM.

Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Heya! Stopping in to check your journal out. Nice lifting in here! looking forward to following your progress
    If this were easy, everyone would walk around ripped.

I like eating, it helps with the not dying.

Journal: Back in Black
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=120569281

gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    LOL. I have never 'really' followed a program, although I recommend them to everyone, and I probably should. I'll accept the non-linear progression for ...whatever it is that I do.
    Hahahaha!!!! Neither have I!!! Me too
    Team Cookies Give You Superpowers

Current Journal: Adventure Time with Turkey
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170094463&p=1489770341#post1489770341

My Super Awesome SNS log- Lori Battles the Holiday Pudge (Finished):
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=140145363&page=2

"She's not overtraining- she just trains stupid" -Kimm4

Originally Posted by Echo814 View Post
    Heya! Stopping in to check your journal out. Nice lifting in here! looking forward to following your progress
    Hi! Good to have you.

Originally Posted by gobbles23 View Post
    Hahahaha!!!! Neither have I!!! Me too
    Nice legs!!

Feb 9

136 yesterday

Got my braces off this morning. It feels so wierd. 2years 8 months with those things. I'm really glad I did it though - it'll be nice having straight teeth.

training - everything felt heavy.

OH squats: 3 sets w/bar
    BB bench: 65x10, 95x5, 105x3, 95x3x5
    CGPB: 70x6x3
    Incline: 35x10x3
    assisted dips: 24x10x2
    TRX stuff and some curls

gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Thanks!!

I wish I had braces! Will be getting those in the years to come

Everything felt heavy for me yesterday! I was like....Awww, I've got to do SLDL with 200lbs?? Do not want! I was dreading those. 185 felt ridiculously heavy. Hate those days!!!

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170094463&p=1489770341#post1489770341

danibel will become famous soon enough. (+50) danibel will become famous soon enough. (+50) danibel will become famous soon enough. (+50) danibel will become famous soon enough. (+50) danibel will become famous soon enough. (+50) danibel will become famous soon enough. (+50) danibel will become famous soon enough. (+50) danibel will become famous soon enough. (+50) danibel will become famous soon enough. (+50) danibel will become famous soon enough. (+50) danibel will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Got my braces off this morning. It feels so wierd. 2years 8 months with those things. I'm really glad I did it though - it'll be nice having straight teeth.
    Feels great, don't it? :O When I got mine off, I couldn't stop running my tongue over my teeth like a creep. I was like, ooOoOoh, SO SMOOTH!
    http://xkcd.com/220/

Thanks! You will be there before you know it.
    Hope So!!

Cool about the braces!! I had them a Long time ago. I remember the pain of tightening them etc, and how happy I was to get them off!!
    -- Nike

Originally Posted by danibel View Post
    Feels great, don't it? :O When I got mine off, I couldn't stop running my tongue over my teeth like a creep. I was like, ooOoOoh, SO SMOOTH!
    Hahahha mee tooo!

My Building Journal:

Originally Posted by gobbles23 View Post
    Thanks!!

I wish I had braces! Will be getting those in the years to come

Everything felt heavy for me yesterday! I was like....Awww, I've got to do SLDL with 200lbs?? Do not want! I was dreading those. 185 felt ridiculously heavy. Hate those days!!!
    Originally Posted by danibel View Post
    Hope So!!

Cool about the braces!! I had them a Long time ago. I remember the pain of tightening them etc, and how happy I was to get them off!!
    Hahahha mee tooo!

Everything you'all say is true... starting to get used to the no braces thing - but teeth moved a little, so when I put the retainer in (wednesday), they'll be moving again. And I've been cramping a lot. Slept this whole weekend almost. I'm tired of being in pain.

However, I did workout.

Sat:

Back Squats: up to 175 for sets of 3, speed sets at 95
    DB rows: 60sx8x3
    DB RDLs: 80x8x3
    Weighted chins: 15x3x3
    pistol squats

Today:
    OH press: up to 60x5x3
    Cleans: up to 85
    pulldowns: up to 130x8/Raises
    TRX Handstands/ shoulder taps - moved in a bit. Finally, something I feel like I'm improving at.

Ivey_Itch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ivey_Itch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ivey_Itch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ivey_Itch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ivey_Itch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ivey_Itch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ivey_Itch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ivey_Itch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ivey_Itch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ivey_Itch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ivey_Itch is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Great workout! Hope you feel better soon!!
    I want to be the best.

CathyVee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CathyVee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CathyVee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CathyVee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CathyVee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CathyVee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CathyVee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CathyVee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CathyVee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CathyVee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CathyVee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Hope that you are feeling better. Pain is just awful. I just got my braces off in October. I only had to wear mine for 16 months and I was so happy to be able to eat all that stuff I had to avoid.
    My Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=140511571

ProMera Pump Extreme Log with IrishLassie78: COMPLETED

*TEAM AMAZON* -- Sisterhood of Iron

Awww, hope the pain goes away soon Feel better!!!

Thanks - feeling better, finally got a decent workout in. Not doing very well with eating still, but doing a little better with not drinking.

Training Feb 14. (Happy V-day)

Front Squats: w/u, 3 @95, 115,120,125,130
    Heels up Squat: 95x6,6,8,8 ss/w GHR (on floor): 4 sets
    GMs: 65x12x3

Thanks - feeling better, finally got a decent workout in. Not doing very well with eating still, but doing a little better with not drinking.

Training Feb 14. (Happy V-day)

Front Squats: w/u, 3 @95, 115,120,125,130
    Heels up Squat: 95x6,6,8,8 ss/w GHR (on floor): 4 sets
    GMs: 65x12x3
    Glad you are feeling better.
    Nice workout!
    I am not doing well with eating either, as in I am eating too much! After today will even out a bit.
    Today I tried front squats on the smith. I loved it with just the bar but once I added weight couldn't hold the bar at my neck and turn the bar to unhook it at the same time. Bummer!!! So then tried heels up on a 2x4, and think that will be good!! Thanks for the suggestions.
    -- Nike

Glad you are feeling better.
    Nice workout!
    I am not doing well with eating either, as in I am eating too much! After today will even out a bit.
    Today I tried front squats on the smith. I loved it with just the bar but once I added weight couldn't hold the bar at my neck and turn the bar to unhook it at the same time. Bummer!!! So then tried heels up on a 2x4, and think that will be good!! Thanks for the suggestions.
    Glad you like them!

Friday Feb 17th

Weighed in at 135 yesterday. LOL, decide I want to gain weight and I lose, when I want to lose I gain. Getting busier at work, so there's less time for other stuff... I want to DL tomorrow, so I will be getting in lots of food today (and not drinking).

Training yesterday:

BB Bench: 100x4x3, 75x12x3
    Assisted Dips: 18x8x3
    CGDB Press: 3 sets
    Pulldowns: 4 sets
    TRX stuff

Today:
    Full body circuit: RDL, OH press, chinups, pushups, back bends
    Handstands: love these.

Hot yoga tonight. Starting up yoga a few times a week again. I'm excited

Romina81 is just really nice. (+1000) Romina81 is just really nice. (+1000) Romina81 is just really nice. (+1000) Romina81 is just really nice. (+1000) Romina81 is just really nice. (+1000) Romina81 is just really nice. (+1000) Romina81 is just really nice. (+1000) Romina81 is just really nice. (+1000) Romina81 is just really nice. (+1000) Romina81 is just really nice. (+1000) Romina81 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Eat more!

Eat more!
    ^Hahha I like that!

My Building Journal:

Eat more!
    ^Hahha I like that!
    Just had pizza and chocolate milk for lunch.