Thread: Need Help!

channelly210 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Need Help!

I want to reduce my body fat and tone and shape up my body. I used to weigh 200 pounds but now I am about 137 pounds. I want to lose fat from my arms, belly, and back. I want to have thicker fuller hips and thighs. I am apple shaped, but would like to be either hourglass or pear shaped. I want to be thick in the right places, like butt, hips, and thighs. I wanted to achieve most of this in 4-6 weeks, in time for my senior year of high school.

If i start going to the gym five days a week for 1-2 hours, how long should i start seeing results?

or would it be better if i workout 3 times a day for about 3 days a week?

Celiac/Addisonian goalorientgirl's Avatar
    goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by channelly210 View Post
    I want to reduce my body fat and tone and shape up my body. I used to weigh 200 pounds but now I am about 137 pounds. I want to lose fat from my arms, belly, and back. I want to have thicker fuller hips and thighs. I am apple shaped, but would like to be either hourglass or pear shaped. I want to be thick in the right places, like butt, hips, and thighs. I wanted to achieve most of this in 4-6 weeks, in time for my senior year of high school.

If i start going to the gym five days a week for 1-2 hours, how long should i start seeing results?

or would it be better if i workout 3 times a day for about 3 days a week?
    Oh dear......

First, congrats on your progress so far. Now it's time to add some muscle.

4-6 weeks isn't really enough time for any big changes, but you can see some tightening of places and a reduced waist line. Read around the forum and read the threads labeled as stickies at the top of each section - especially the training program basics under the training section. Working out once a day, for no more than an hour, three times a week, is all you need. Three times a day is absolutely insane and very, very unhealthy. Over working your body is actually counter productive and, ignoring the mental harm to yourself, is actually going to hinder your physical goals.

A smart diet and a smart exercise program is all you need.
    Niece: "How can you be immune to cars? Even like, a Ferrari?"

My 'From Scrawny to Oh God Please Not So Scrawny' journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=691717541

channelly210 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by goalorientgirl View Post
    Oh dear......

First, congrats on your progress so far. Now it's time to add some muscle.

4-6 weeks isn't really enough time for any big changes, but you can see some tightening of places and a reduced waist line. Read around the forum and read the threads labeled as stickies at the top of each section - especially the training program basics under the training section. Working out once a day, for no more than an hour, three times a week, is all you need. Three times a day is absolutely insane and very, very unhealthy. Over working your body is actually counter productive and, ignoring the mental harm to yourself, is actually going to hinder your physical goals.

A smart diet and a smart exercise program is all you need.
    Thank You.
    What I meant by working out 3 times a day is...training for 1 hour, later take a group fitness class, and then later on maybe take a walk or something.

Celiac/Addisonian goalorientgirl's Avatar
    goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by channelly210 View Post
    Thank You.
    What I meant by working out 3 times a day is...training for 1 hour, later take a group fitness class, and then later on maybe take a walk or something.
    If you train for one hour, that's it, don't also do a group class. Going for a walk, unless it's taxing, is fine, however.
    Niece: "How can you be immune to cars? Even like, a Ferrari?"

My 'From Scrawny to Oh God Please Not So Scrawny' journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=691717541

oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Sorry, 4-6 weeks isn't long enough to see a big change. Better to set a long term goal of a year or so.
    "Start where you are. It's never too late to change your life."