Thread: Tricep Help

IceJ is on a distinguished road. (+10) IceJ is on a distinguished road. (+10) IceJ is on a distinguished road. (+10) IceJ is on a distinguished road. (+10) IceJ is on a distinguished road. (+10) IceJ is on a distinguished road. (+10) IceJ is on a distinguished road. (+10) IceJ is on a distinguished road. (+10) IceJ is on a distinguished road. (+10) IceJ is on a distinguished road. (+10) IceJ is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Tricep Help

Skullcrushers or Close Grip Bench?

Which one is the better tricep exercise? And are either one a better tricep workout than tricep extensions (srs)? Looking for the best tricep workout to run. Here's my split so far:

Tuesday:
    Box Squat - 5x5
    Bench - 5x5
    Deadlift - 4x5
    Weighted Crunches - 2x10
    ShinCrushers - 2x10

Thursday:
    Box Squat - 4x5 (light day)
    Military Press - 5x5
    Barbell Rows - 5x5
    Pull-Ups - 3 sets
    Greg Plitt Ab Work - 3 sets

Saturday:
    Box Squat - 5x5
    Bench - 5x5
    Deadlift - 4x5
    Barbell Curls - 3x8
    Chest Dips - 3x5
    Tricep Work - ????

And what do you guys think about this routine? Good or bad (I'm cutting, but was thinking of going 3x3 for all major lifts once I Bulk again)?
    Current Stats:
    Weight: 161 lbs
    Bench: 160 x 1
    Squat: 265 x 1
    Deadlift: 275 x 1
    Rack Pulls: 305 x 10
    Rows: 145 x 6
    OH Press: 105 x 2

EthanEte has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EthanEte has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EthanEte has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EthanEte has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EthanEte has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EthanEte has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EthanEte has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EthanEte has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EthanEte has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EthanEte has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EthanEte has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Best tricep workout,you can NOT get rid of any of these 3 at LEAST..

#1 Close grip Bench
    #2.+Weighted Dips
    #3. Skullcrushers or Decline Skullcrushers

These things make your triceps get massive, hard as !&$%, and ridiculously strong.

I highly suggest all 3, or at LEAST the first two.

SneakySpider has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SneakySpider has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SneakySpider has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SneakySpider has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SneakySpider has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SneakySpider has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SneakySpider has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SneakySpider has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SneakySpider has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SneakySpider has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SneakySpider has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Close grip bench is a more compound movement and is easier on the joints, do it.

IceJ is on a distinguished road. (+10) IceJ is on a distinguished road. (+10) IceJ is on a distinguished road. (+10) IceJ is on a distinguished road. (+10) IceJ is on a distinguished road. (+10) IceJ is on a distinguished road. (+10) IceJ is on a distinguished road. (+10) IceJ is on a distinguished road. (+10) IceJ is on a distinguished road. (+10) IceJ is on a distinguished road. (+10) IceJ is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by EthanEte View Post
    Best tricep workout,you can NOT get rid of any of these 3 at LEAST..

#1 Close grip Bench
    #2.+Weighted Dips
    #3. Skullcrushers or Decline Skullcrushers

These things make your triceps get massive, hard as !&$%, and ridiculously strong.

I highly suggest all 3, or at LEAST the first two.
    Thanks man. But quick question, will doing Regular Bench and Close Grip bench on the same day be a problem? And also, weighted tricep dips or are we talking chest dips (stupid question i know)?
    Current Stats:

Originally Posted by SneakySpider View Post
    Close grip bench is a more compound movement and is easier on the joints, do it.
    Thanks. How far in do I grip the bench for Close Grip?
    Current Stats:

EthanEte has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EthanEte has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EthanEte has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EthanEte has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EthanEte has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EthanEte has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EthanEte has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EthanEte has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EthanEte has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EthanEte has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EthanEte has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by IceJ View Post
    Thanks man. But quick question, will doing Regular Bench and Close Grip bench on the same day be a problem? And also, weighted tricep dips or are we talking chest dips (stupid question i know)?

Regular Bench and Close Grip Bench on the same day has never been a problem for me... but I do not do both in the same day ANYMORE.

I do ARMS on a separate day from Chest.

Just do your Chest compound movements first, then Tricep movements after.

+WEIGHTED tricep dips, not chest dips.

SneakySpider has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SneakySpider has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SneakySpider has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SneakySpider has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SneakySpider has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SneakySpider has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SneakySpider has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SneakySpider has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SneakySpider has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SneakySpider has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SneakySpider has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Thanks. How far in do I grip the bench for Close Grip?
    I find that form varies significantly between people based on levers and body structure. The important thing is just keeping the majority of the weight on the tris and not the shoulders. I use a false grip and have my index fingers inside the smooth center of the bar. That may or may not work for you, you just have to play around with it.

I find that form varies significantly between people based on levers and body structure. The important thing is just keeping the majority of the weight on the tris and not the shoulders. I use a false grip and have my index fingers inside the smooth center of the bar. That may or may not work for you, you just have to play around with it.
    And you bring the bar down to your nipel, bottom of your chest or what?
    Current Stats:

Originally Posted by EthanEte View Post
    I do ARMS on a separate day from Chest.
    Yeah i do full body so I only lift 3 times a week
    Current Stats:

2 tickets to the gun show Rowbro's Avatar
    Rowbro is just really nice. (+1000) Rowbro is just really nice. (+1000) Rowbro is just really nice. (+1000) Rowbro is just really nice. (+1000) Rowbro is just really nice. (+1000) Rowbro is just really nice. (+1000) Rowbro is just really nice. (+1000) Rowbro is just really nice. (+1000) Rowbro is just really nice. (+1000) Rowbro is just really nice. (+1000) Rowbro is just really nice. (+1000)
    i personally love rope pulldowns for triceps, but skullcrushers are basically the same thing and will do wonders for your triceps. I used to do dips but stopped when I hurt my shoulder the day after them... I think the issue was with the dip bar, and I should really go back to them cause they hit triceps in a great way that most other exercises can't. As for bench and close grip on the same day, I really have no suggestion for you other than to try it out and see what works best (i personally don't really bench frequently, but even regular bench will hit triceps hard). I am actually curious to see how much my bench has gone up after progressing a lot on military press and isolation triceps exercises.
    Btw that's a great routine, though since I have different goals I would do barbell row more often and deadlift less often, it is again up to you to see what works best. However I think if you're cutting you should switch from 5x5 to higher rep ranges, it's worked better for me in the past (lots more definition)

And you bring the bar down to your nipel, bottom of your chest or what?
    Again, depends. I touch the bar to the bottom of my sternum (xiphoid process) roughly. Touch it where you can feel the weight being kept on the tris, just experiment with it.

Again, depends. I touch the bar to the bottom of my sternum (xiphoid process) roughly. Touch it where you can feel the weight being kept on the tris, just experiment with it.
    Thanks
    Current Stats:

Originally Posted by Rowbro View Post
    However I think if you're cutting you should switch from 5x5 to higher rep ranges, it's worked better for me in the past (lots more definition)
    Yeah but I'm only 160 lbs and your 196, so you have a lot more muscle. I'm trying to cut body fat but still gain a little muscle or however much muscle possible
    Current Stats:

Jaysahni is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jaysahni is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jaysahni is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jaysahni is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jaysahni is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jaysahni is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jaysahni is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jaysahni is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jaysahni is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jaysahni is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jaysahni is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Skullcrushers or Close Grip Bench?

Which one is the better tricep exercise? And are either one a better tricep workout than tricep extensions (srs)? Looking for the best tricep workout to run. Here's my split so far:

Tuesday:
    Box Squat - 5x5
    Bench - 5x5
    Deadlift - 4x5
    Weighted Crunches - 2x10
    ShinCrushers - 2x10

Thursday:
    Box Squat - 4x5 (light day)
    Military Press - 5x5
    Barbell Rows - 5x5
    Pull-Ups - 3 sets
    Greg Plitt Ab Work - 3 sets

Saturday:
    Box Squat - 5x5
    Bench - 5x5
    Deadlift - 4x5
    Barbell Curls - 3x8
    Chest Dips - 3x5
    Tricep Work - ????

And what do you guys think about this routine? Good or bad (I'm cutting, but was thinking of going 3x3 for all major lifts once I Bulk again)?
    braah just start your triceps workout doing triceps bench dips...its one of the best triceps exercise....i had good biceps but after doing this exercise for 1 month or so ive seen extreme gains...do three sets of it doing progressive loading...and skull crusher is a good exercise too
    Aman sahni