Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    BulkedRunner is on a distinguished road. (+10) BulkedRunner is on a distinguished road. (+10) BulkedRunner is on a distinguished road. (+10) BulkedRunner is on a distinguished road. (+10) BulkedRunner is on a distinguished road. (+10) BulkedRunner is on a distinguished road. (+10) BulkedRunner is on a distinguished road. (+10) BulkedRunner is on a distinguished road. (+10) BulkedRunner is on a distinguished road. (+10) BulkedRunner is on a distinguished road. (+10) BulkedRunner is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Depressed with Bicep Tendonitis please help

I have run out of time with this bicep problem, basically when I workout benching, bicep curls of course, push ups, dips, you name it my bicep gets super tight then eventually painful afterwards ,

I bulked since march to make my colleges rugby team which starts august 22 but not I dont know what to do,

So far I have iced, taken glucosamine and MSM, and spent hours online trying to find a cure help please I am so depressed!

cadiz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cadiz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cadiz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cadiz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cadiz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cadiz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cadiz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cadiz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cadiz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cadiz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cadiz has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I'd bite the bullet and get it checked out by a medical professional.
    *The statements in this post have been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This post is intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.

Pluto1998 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pluto1998 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pluto1998 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pluto1998 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pluto1998 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pluto1998 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pluto1998 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pluto1998 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pluto1998 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pluto1998 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pluto1998 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by BulkedRunner View Post
    I have run out of time with this bicep problem, basically when I workout benching, bicep curls of course, push ups, dips, you name it my bicep gets super tight then eventually painful afterwards ,

I bulked since march to make my colleges rugby team which starts august 22 but not I dont know what to do,

So far I have iced, taken glucosamine and MSM, and spent hours online trying to find a cure help please I am so depressed!

I myself have had bicep tendonitis for the last 2 years, and all my upper body workout have been stuffed ever since.

I have had this problem this long as I did not give it the propper time to heal and just worked through the pain.

tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    make sure u r icing the shoulder. think how it works is theres a tendon running down in front of the delt into the bicep thats getting pinched. use frozen peas or a good ice pack. u need it very cold so that it almost hurts the skin when u first apply it.

find the tender spot in the front of the delt and deep massage it.

now since u been resting the delt whole time...

work on mobility while taking some ibuprophen and continue icing as much as u can doing a 10 mins every hour cycle. u want to keep the inflammation down. my pers issue seems to have been very strong front delt with weak rears so started doing a lot more facepulls, diff kinds and looked up some rehab stuff on youtube.

all during this you should be waiting for your appt with a dr or go straight to an ortho. u need to rule out series issues.

i still get tightness/soreness in my left bu icing and massage seems to help.

ive also been looking into some stuff from....

http://www.mobilitywod.com/2011/07/e...ulder-mob.html

so call dr.
    rest
    ice/massage
    more rest
    mobility/stretch
    strengthen delts
    profit?
    Used to be fat, now just fat with a lot of muscle.

come check out my latest log: Layne Nortons Carbon line http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169447773

BulkedRunner is on a distinguished road. (+10) BulkedRunner is on a distinguished road. (+10) BulkedRunner is on a distinguished road. (+10) BulkedRunner is on a distinguished road. (+10) BulkedRunner is on a distinguished road. (+10) BulkedRunner is on a distinguished road. (+10) BulkedRunner is on a distinguished road. (+10) BulkedRunner is on a distinguished road. (+10) BulkedRunner is on a distinguished road. (+10) BulkedRunner is on a distinguished road. (+10) BulkedRunner is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    thanks appreciate the advice, currently getting PT and ultrasound on it, been icing but he said at this point its past the accute stage

any timetable I know every person is different, to give you an idea of my pain it is more just tightness now then pain and the pain if any would only come post working out or during but never more than 4 hours post workout

Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Look my name up on YouTube then search my videos for the shoulder stretch. It will fix your issue.

jamezgt is on a distinguished road. (+10) jamezgt is on a distinguished road. (+10) jamezgt is on a distinguished road. (+10) jamezgt is on a distinguished road. (+10) jamezgt is on a distinguished road. (+10) jamezgt is on a distinguished road. (+10) jamezgt is on a distinguished road. (+10) jamezgt is on a distinguished road. (+10) jamezgt is on a distinguished road. (+10) jamezgt is on a distinguished road. (+10) jamezgt is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Tendonitis is an overuse injury - you should really rest/treat it before you get into a serious workout regime again.

Ice it when it flares up (post workout), and use heat, or contrast hydrotherapy on off days to help soften the surrounding tissue and stretch the Biceps right after. Just place your hand on a door frame, and point your thumbs down (pronation) and twist your body in the other direction.
    http://www.TorontoFitness.org - Toronto's #1 Fitness Related Website

I rested it November, December, January, and February, started lifting again March April May then it came back..

Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Did you look at the stretch?

yes, the stretch feels awesome afterwards, will this really make the tendonitis go away though , how long should I do this for before i can lift again

thanks!

Sauce-head is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sauce-head is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sauce-head is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sauce-head is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sauce-head is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sauce-head is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sauce-head is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sauce-head is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sauce-head is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sauce-head is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sauce-head is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I'm a freakin' bicep expert now, after dealing with severe bicep issues for the past two years.

The fact that you mention your bicep is getting tight and things like bench press, dips etc are only aggravating it, suggests that you either have:

a) shoulder issue: as other have mentioned your long head bicep tendon runs anteriorly to your shoulder all the way down your arm. Most people with a bad long head bicep tendon can still lift, since the short head is responsible for most of the heavy lifting.

b) poor posture: having rounded shoulders, puts your pec minor in a shortened, TIGHT position. If you have poor posture, spend a lot of time sitting (computer, tv, hunched over), you are only making this issue worse. In conjunction with poor posture comes a weak core: meaning your abs, lower back, @rse, hip flexors etc.

The fact that you rested it for several months and still have the pain when you started lifting again leads me to believe the bicep tightness is due to dysfunction in your kinetic chain, and the bicep is a result of that.

In other words, its not about getting your bicep massaged and ice'd. Its about figuring out why your bicep is tight, which is most likely a combo of poor posture, tight tight tight pec minor and possibly a shoulder issue.

I'd suggest seeing an orthopedic doctor, getting an MRI, x-ray and full eval.

Lastly, when you stopped lifting for those months, did the pain go away? Did it get better? Or did it stay the same?

Oh one more thing, did this bicep pain come on gradually? Or did you suddenly have this pain one day?

You mention tightness, what about your strength level? Has it diminished on the effected side?

Stop barbell bench, dips and military pressing for now.

Answer those questions and I can give you more feedback

SH
    NASM CPT

Thank for that response really appreciate it ,

I definitely think the pec minor is involved in my bicep issue because I have had some tightness and pain in that region as well.
    The bicep pain came on very gradually, at first it was just tight, then eventually got worse and worse, the shoulder has been in pain also, basically the shoulder pec minor and bicep is all involved

when I took the time off too it went away then as I returned to lifting it came back gradually, I have main some gains though however while dealing with this if that means anything

One other question for you, if I am just experiencing tightness and a small dull ache is that good enough to work out, I was hoping to play rugby in a month and need to keep my strength up , and add more mass but I dont want to further injure myself

Sauce-head is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sauce-head is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sauce-head is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sauce-head is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sauce-head is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sauce-head is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sauce-head is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sauce-head is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sauce-head is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sauce-head is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sauce-head is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    One other question for you, if I am just experiencing tightness and a small dull ache is that good enough to work out, I was hoping to play rugby in a month and need to keep my strength up , and add more mass but I dont want to further injure myself
    Where's the dull ache? Mine also came on gradually and then got pretty bad at times. The dull ache for me was just below my bicep, in the inner bend of my elbow.

I went to PT twice for extended periods with absolutely no relief. When I stopped lifting it wouldn't hurt as bad, then would come right back, just like you.

Finally ended up getting an MRI and found out I had a HUGE bone spur on my acromion and a type 2 hooked acromion. Finally got surgery on it a couple months ago and its like night and day.

Still have some tightness from time to time, but nothing like before.

I'm not saying you have a bone spur, but it does sound like some form of impingement is going on esp since you are mentioning your shoulder is involved.

Where is the pain in your shoulder? Any tightness in your upper trap on the effected side?

SH
    NASM CPT

To be honest it almost feels as if the entire bicep is tight, and the shoulder is almost the entire shoulder also ,

the muscle groups involved is my deltoid , pec minor, short and long head or maybe just short head not completely sure

right now at rest it just feels super tight, sometimes even when I run I can feel that side get pretty tight and thats just running

Thanks!

To be honest it almost feels as if the entire bicep is tight, and the shoulder is almost the entire shoulder also ,

the muscle groups involved is my deltoid , pec minor, short and long head or maybe just short head not completely sure

right now at rest it just feels super tight, sometimes even when I run I can feel that side get pretty tight and thats just running

Thanks!

I can def relate to all that bro. At its worst my entire left side felt extremely phuccked up, from my upper back, shoulder and running all the way down my arm.

Impingement is a term that gets thrown around a lot and is kinda a blanket diagnosis for the dysfunction.

I'd find a good ortho, who works out to help you out. You want to figure out if this problem is bio-mechanical or from a soft tissue injury (rotator cuff, bicep tendon) or perhaps even a hooked acromion. The latter which can happen over time from lifting....

Bottom line is resting, icing all that is not going to fix the issue since its not a tendon issue, the pain you feel in your bicep is a result of something else.

Get an MRI because I wouldn't be surprised if you have an issue with one or several of the muscles in that area. Partial thickness tear, impingement, etc etc.... one thing's for sure lifting is only going to make it worse.

SH
    NASM CPT

thanks a lot for the advice because of your two year problem I saw an otho today, she did say it was bicep tendonitis but could be something else so we set up an MRI in a week, which is pretty quick for a MRI appt, I will let you know the results of that

What did you do in the meantime just cardio and abs? when you were dealing with the bicep issues for those two years

I have also started taking this supplement to help repair tendon growth and recover is this stupid or a waste?

http://www.labrada.com/moreinfo_humanogrowth.shtml

thanks a lot for the advice because of your two year problem I saw an otho today, she did say it was bicep tendonitis but could be something else so we set up an MRI in a week, which is pretty quick for a MRI appt, I will let you know the results of that

What did you do in the meantime just cardio and abs? when you were dealing with the bicep issues for those two years
    How did she diagnose the tendonitis? Did you tell her your shoulder also hurts and your pec minor is tight etc etc?

Did she do any manual arm testing?

Did she talk about your posture? Did she check for winging of the scapula?

Also where are you taking the MRI? If its at your bicep, you probably won't see jack shiatt. Gotta be in the anterior (front) part of your shoulder

SH
    NASM CPT

Forgot to answer the 2nd part.

I took long hiatuses from the gym like you, then went back and tried doing eccentrics when I thought it was strictly a bicep issue. Then I was stupid and tried to push through the pain for a couple months. That's when I realized I had something seriously wrong, got my 2nd MRI that showed the bone spur and hooked acromion.

I'm an all or nothing type of guy. I don't mess with only doing legs and abs (even though I should've back then), I just take that time to let my body rest.

Even now I just got clearance after 2 months of PT to start light gym work and i'm being extra cautious since I don't want to deal with this ever again.

SH
    NASM CPT

She did a lot of arm twisting to check my rotator cuff, seemed fine, I told her about the tight pec minor also and she kind of brushed it off and just said bicep tendonitis

I am 100 percent an all or nothing guy too, I also run too, for instance when I injured myself running they said run 1 mile a day so instead I just didnt run at all , same with this I either want to go hard as hell in the gym doing everything or just completely rest my upper body

my goal was to play rugby in a month, if it isnt that serious of tendonitis and the shoulder does check out to be ok , could this be possible , or is this too lofty of a goal

Thanks

MRI btw is off that whole region I asked for, the shoulder and bicep

She did a lot of arm twisting to check my rotator cuff, seemed fine, I told her about the tight pec minor also and she kind of brushed it off and just said bicep tendonitis

I am 100 percent an all or nothing guy too, I also run too, for instance when I injured myself running they said run 1 mile a day so instead I just didnt run at all , same with this I either want to go hard as hell in the gym doing everything or just completely rest my upper body

my goal was to play rugby in a month, if it isnt that serious of tendonitis and the shoulder does check out to be ok , could this be possible , or is this too lofty of a goal

Thanks

MRI btw is off that whole region I asked for, the shoulder and bicep

I'd say its probably unrealistic to think you can play rugby in a month, but you'll know for sure when you get the results of your MRI back. My guess is you have some weak muscles in your mid/lower back, poor posture etc which is causing your pec minor to be tight, your upper traps to be over-active and your bicep tendon to feel the brunt of it. But just a guess, could be wrong.

Keep us updated.

SH
    NASM CPT

tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    im gonna say its not ok cause its ur bodies early warning saying something is going on. if u never give it time to heal it never will.

when u ice u wanna ice both the shoulder and bicep.

tight pecs can also be pulling the delt forward. it can be so much.

u need to take a hard look at ur posture first and tweak it through massage, icing, stengthening of weak muscles.

come check out my latest log: Layne Nortons Carbon line http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169447773

which weak muscles should I work the back?

Its been on and off for 8 months so Im going in for an MRI

Not being able to work out is almost more mentally painful then physically

Started taking Super Cissus today by USP Labs, maybe this will help and get me back to the gym sooner

hard to say but if i had to guess rear delts are most likely weak.

thing ive done and pretty much cleared up my shoulder issues.

first, drs, then ortho, got an mri. make sure they inject a dye into shoulder joints cause it helps pick up small tears better.

i was diagnosed with a small tearing of rear labium but also noted many people have these tears so we also looked into muscle imbalances. main thing was i ruled out a serious issue.

then i self educated myself even while going to PT.

look into stuff like...
    http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_...lls_and_shrugs
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0ONH...feature=relmfu *stuff from diesel crew is good.
    some stuff in http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_...4B7EF-hf.hydra

basically u sorta find where u may be weak and work on that. im learning things like facepulls with retracting my scapula seem to be helping. also a tight minor and major pec may be pulling my shoulders forward.

its a bit of a long road and i feel generally we dont spend a enough time on rehab/prehab type stuff. we will spend 3-5 days a week lifting heavy weeks and possibly hours of cardio and think 10 mins here and there are good for some static stretches.

in summary still go to dr, request ortho and make sure u tell them uve rested it and its still not good, get mri with dye injection.
    while doing that rest up complete for 1-2 weeks then come back with no direct shoulder or chest work with the exception of trying some rehab stuff. if u get some discomfort in delt or bicep ice front of shoulder for 10 mins then bicep for 10 mins every hour 2-3 times that day/night.

good luck man. i know it sux more so at ur age (think ur a younger guy) but it may be nothing major and some of this stuff may help.

oh...broom handle stretch was also great for me. sorry for messy typing, gtg.

Tiarnon will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tiarnon will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tiarnon will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tiarnon will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tiarnon will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tiarnon will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tiarnon will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tiarnon will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tiarnon will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tiarnon will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tiarnon will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    For what its worth, i've dealt with tendonitis in the bicep off and on for many years. When I'm getting serious and going hard, it'll flare up and slow me back down. This is in the elbow though, not the upper insertion. I just went to the doctor today and got a short term prescription for prednisone (corticosteroids). It's for less then 2 weeks, and combined with stretching, icing/heating appropriately, and some naproxen should put the issue to rest. If it doesn't, next up is a cortisone shot and wrapping it for a couple days to prevent use if if flares up again.

Luckily, the prednisone is far cheaper then the cissus you bought to try to fix the situation, too.

So my plan now is based on the advice from you guys is too

Get my back stronger
    Stretch More, which I have been doing for a couple weeks now
    Ice if it hurts

Getting an MRI next week just to be certain its only bicep tendonitis

Also taking super cissus 3x a day hopefully this supplement will help have read good reviews on it

Also trying to eat anti inflammatory foods, why not just go all out

Generally speaking upper traps are over-active.

Mid/lower traps, rhomboids are all weak, which are involved in some degree of pulling the scapula down.

I'm still in rehab and outside of all the pec minor stretching, I do things like:

rows, face-pulls, cuban presses, 3 way delt raises (front, side and almost like a W) Speaking of which look up the Y's, T's, L's and W's all excellent pre-hab/rehab stuff for the shoulder.

If this problem has been going on for 8 months plus I GUARANTEE you that you have more than bicep tendonitis. Not always, but most often bicep pathology (unless we are talking full tears or ruptures) is secondary to another issue; whether its imbalances, tightness or a shoulder issue OR all of them remains to be seen. Mine was all 3, which is why it was such a beeyatch to get past. I still get some tightness in my bicep, but no where near like I did before and no more dull ache post surgery andy rehab. If the long head tendon is impinged thru your acromion that could def be the cause of your pain. Your rehab needs to focus on creating more space and opening up your tight pec is a great start.

SH
    NASM CPT

Note also when I said it has been going on for 8 months, it was going on for 5 months, then I came back to lifting good for 2 months, then it slowly came back again and here I am now, Today it feels pretty good, I have been on cissus for three days and have not lifted in a few weeks, my MRI is next week and I am still not giving up hope on my rugby season and bulking goals , I have been stretching to try to loosen up my pec minor also ,

I also find that cardio now makes it feel better, not sure if it is due to the increased blood flow , do you believe supper cissus will be of any help to this injury