Thread: ace or issa

ericd8 is just really nice. (+1000) ericd8 is just really nice. (+1000) ericd8 is just really nice. (+1000) ericd8 is just really nice. (+1000) ericd8 is just really nice. (+1000) ericd8 is just really nice. (+1000) ericd8 is just really nice. (+1000) ericd8 is just really nice. (+1000) ericd8 is just really nice. (+1000) ericd8 is just really nice. (+1000) ericd8 is just really nice. (+1000)

ace or issa

im moments out from buying one of these certifications as a first certification so i can be a personal trainer while being a full time chemical engineering student at Michigan state university... i called the powerhouse gym over there and there will be a couple personal trainer openings, and the guy said an ace certification would work. so which one would you recommend and why?

ob205 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ob205 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ob205 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ob205 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ob205 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ob205 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ob205 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ob205 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ob205 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ob205 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ob205 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Out of those 2, I would say ACE since most places accept that.
    The enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the ILLUSION of knowlegde! - Stephen Hawking

Tampa, FL
    NSCA CSCS, BS
    twitter @maxwellob

BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500)
    Ace

mikeyfitness is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mikeyfitness is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mikeyfitness is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mikeyfitness is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mikeyfitness is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mikeyfitness is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mikeyfitness is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mikeyfitness is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mikeyfitness is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mikeyfitness is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mikeyfitness is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    neither, get your NASM. waiting for mine in the mail today, its a bit expensive but I would do that because from what I hear ISSA is complete garbage and ace is turning into a joke like i said from what I hear just do some research

BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by mikeyfitness View Post
    neither, get your NASM. waiting for mine in the mail today, its a bit expensive but I would do that because from what I hear ISSA is complete garbage and ace is turning into a joke like i said from what I hear just do some research
    how exactly is ace turning into a joke? imo nasm is a joke because ive never seen an nasm trainer who can stay away from bosu balls,balance boards etc with clients. all that proprioceptive crap they push is a joke. imo nasm is good for rehab, but thats about it.
    nsca<ace<acsm<all the other ncca approved *****<the rest

mikeyfitness is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mikeyfitness is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mikeyfitness is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mikeyfitness is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mikeyfitness is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mikeyfitness is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mikeyfitness is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mikeyfitness is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mikeyfitness is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mikeyfitness is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) mikeyfitness is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by BC02 View Post
    how exactly is ace turning into a joke? imo nasm is a joke because ive never seen an nasm trainer who can stay away from bosu balls,balance boards etc with clients. all that proprioceptive crap they push is a joke. imo nasm is good for rehab, but thats about it.
    nsca<ace<acsm<all the other ncca approved *****<the rest

i said twice thats what I heard read it a little better, and the style of training you do with someone is your own ya your gonna learn stuff from the test book but the cert doesn't make the trainer any retard can take a test and pass but it takes quality, time, and researching to do so. And I have talked to SEVERAL gyms that would take NASM over anything, some are even JUST excepting nasm. Also that type of training with the medicine balls, bosu balls, and the resistance band all that stuff is getting BIG bodybuilding training is out for people that stuff is in hence why there are so many class's with all that stuff. I'm a trainer I dont have my clients sitting on machines all day so they don't have fun and get no gains. I do my research do you do yours?

i said twice thats what I heard read it a little better, and the style of training you do with someone is your own ya your gonna learn stuff from the test book but the cert doesn't make the trainer any retard can take a test and pass but it takes quality, time, and researching to do so. And I have talked to SEVERAL gyms that would take NASM over anything, some are even JUST excepting nasm. Also that type of training with the medicine balls, bosu balls, and the resistance band all that stuff is getting BIG bodybuilding training is out for people that stuff is in hence why there are so many class's with all that stuff. I'm a trainer I dont have my clients sitting on machines all day so they don't have fun and get no gains. I do my research do you do yours?
    i do what works which is basing most workouts around squats,deads and bench(and for athletes cleans). yes all that proprioceptive crap is very trendy right now, but since im more interested in results then sales, i really dont care. The target muscles get worked a lot more doing exercises the conventional way which leads to better strength gains compared to the "nasm" way.

NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    i do what works which is basing most workouts around squats,deads and bench(and for athletes cleans). yes all that proprioceptive crap is very trendy right now, but since im more interested in results then sales, i really dont care. The target muscles get worked a lot more doing exercises the conventional way which leads to better strength gains compared to the "nasm" way.
    This guy ^^ might be in the red, but I agree with him.. We humans have not evolved much the past 60 years. Squats, deads, and the classic lifts worked back then (pre-steroid era) when lifters looked strong and were actually strong; these same lifts will produce the same wonders in the present day as well.
    This above all..
    To thine ownself be true..
    And it must follow, as the night the day..
    Thou can'st not then be false to any man..
    -----------------------------------------------
    Bros, my Weightlifters and Powerlifters are my credentials.

so your telling me when you have a over weight 50 year old women your gonna have her do squats, dead lifts, and bench press because thats what works lol I'm sorry but I can't agree with you with ANYTHING that your saying

so your telling me when you have a over weight 50 year old women your gonna have her do squats, dead lifts, and bench press because thats what works lol I'm sorry but I can't agree with you with ANYTHING that your saying
    yes well before id have her doingsquats/sh press on a bosu ball etc. id probably start her out with bw squats, then advance to squats onto a bench using an easy curl bar, and then to squats in the squat rack(if she wasnt strong enough in the beginning). With bench, id start her with a preloaded bar then work her way up to benching with an olympic bar if she wasnt strong enough to do that in the beginning. older people need to pick things up too, so I see no prob with deads.

FueledByYelyah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FueledByYelyah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FueledByYelyah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FueledByYelyah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FueledByYelyah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FueledByYelyah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FueledByYelyah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FueledByYelyah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FueledByYelyah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FueledByYelyah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FueledByYelyah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Acsm

Registered User JenniferGrunloh's Avatar
    JenniferGrunloh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

ACE or ISSA,??

I have both, and I can honestly say that the ISSA has the better alumni support.
    They have helped me get the other trainers on my team get certified, and they always have good business support for me .

Originally Posted by JenniferGrunloh View Post
    I have both, and I can honestly say that the ISSA has the better alumni support.
    They have helped me get the other trainers on my team get certified, and they always have good business support for me .
    issa isnt accredited by the ncca

Originally Posted by FueledByYelyah View Post
    Acsm
    very underrated imo

yes well before id have her doingsquats/sh press on a bosu ball etc. id probably start her out with bw squats, then advance to squats onto a bench using an easy curl bar, and then to squats in the squat rack(if she wasnt strong enough in the beginning). With bench, id start her with a preloaded bar then work her way up to benching with an olympic bar if she wasnt strong enough to do that in the beginning. older people need to pick things up too, so I see no prob with deads.

so your just passing by all the phases and going straight to the hypertrophy and not even working on there strength or there flexibility or anything...

dasixthsun is just really nice. (+1000) dasixthsun is just really nice. (+1000) dasixthsun is just really nice. (+1000) dasixthsun is just really nice. (+1000) dasixthsun is just really nice. (+1000) dasixthsun is just really nice. (+1000) dasixthsun is just really nice. (+1000) dasixthsun is just really nice. (+1000) dasixthsun is just really nice. (+1000) dasixthsun is just really nice. (+1000) dasixthsun is just really nice. (+1000)
    issa isnt accredited by the ncca
    They are accredited by the DETC (Distance Education TRaining Council) and for all those who think issa is a joke try taking the course yourself before basing your opinion.

a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000)
    ACE-CPT, NASM-PES! Next to a CSCS beside your name, this is as good as letters get. Ill say it till Im blue in the face, get your ACE-certification which will qualify you for one of NASMs advanced certifications. You save lots of money and your business card looks great! If you want to add other certifications later on then fine, but you will never need to.
    EQUIPMENT CREW VATO #72

PUB BURGERS / IMMERSIVE HORROR / OLD SCHOOL THRASH

Originally Posted by dasixthsun View Post
    They are accredited by the DETC (Distance Education TRaining Council) and for all those who think issa is a joke try taking the course yourself before basing your opinion.

dont even havta read the book its an open book test lmao

so your just passing by all the phases and going straight to the hypertrophy and not even working on there strength or there flexibility or anything...
    endurance phase (to get them used to the movements, usually short)hypertrophy phase then strength then power<if they want to play sports>(then recovery and repeat.) Flexibility will come with full rom movements and if they are really deficient, i can throw in some static stretching post workout.

littlebones6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlebones6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlebones6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlebones6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlebones6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlebones6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlebones6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlebones6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlebones6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlebones6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlebones6 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    ISSA is a joke. Look up sixpackshortcuts on youtube, that guy has an ISSA and he's a clown. According to him supplements only make a difference "of about 10%".
    --CUBE--
    Raw Lifter, 242
    Next Meet: Depends when COVID-19 chills out...
    RPS Canadian Nationals 2016: 460/330/500
    RPS Canadian Nationals 2015: 410/295/450

dasixthsun is just really nice. (+1000) dasixthsun is just really nice. (+1000) dasixthsun is just really nice. (+1000) dasixthsun is just really nice. (+1000) dasixthsun is just really nice. (+1000) dasixthsun is just really nice. (+1000) dasixthsun is just really nice. (+1000) dasixthsun is just really nice. (+1000) dasixthsun is just really nice. (+1000) dasixthsun is just really nice. (+1000) dasixthsun is just really nice. (+1000)
    dont even havta read the book its an open book test lmao
    an open book cant help you with case studies!

Originally Posted by littlebones6 View Post
    ISSA is a joke. Look up sixpackshortcuts on youtube, that guy has an ISSA and he's a clown. According to him supplements only make a difference "of about 10%".
    so because a trainer act foolishly on his youtube channel and happens to have an ISSA cert everyone who has one performs like this? Seems like the pot calling the kettle black!

littlebones6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlebones6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlebones6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlebones6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlebones6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlebones6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlebones6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlebones6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlebones6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlebones6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlebones6 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by dasixthsun View Post
    so because a trainer act foolishly on his youtube channel and happens to have an ISSA cert everyone who has one performs like this? Seems like the pot calling the kettle black!
    Not necessarily, but it illustrates what people may associate with the ISSA cert.
    --CUBE--
    Raw Lifter, 242
    Next Meet: Depends when COVID-19 chills out...
    RPS Canadian Nationals 2016: 460/330/500
    RPS Canadian Nationals 2015: 410/295/450

Spartacus81 is not very well liked. (-100) Spartacus81 is not very well liked. (-100) Spartacus81 is not very well liked. (-100) Spartacus81 is not very well liked. (-100) Spartacus81 is not very well liked. (-100) Spartacus81 is not very well liked. (-100) Spartacus81 is not very well liked. (-100) Spartacus81 is not very well liked. (-100) Spartacus81 is not very well liked. (-100) Spartacus81 is not very well liked. (-100) Spartacus81 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Both the NSCA and ACSM are the most respected. They are the hardest also. 40% pass rating even with retake. ACE is pretty well respected. So if it must be those two ACE.
    Last edited by Spartacus81; 07-23-2011 at 11:50 AM.

blacknyte75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    [QUOTE=Spartacus81;722942101]Both the NSCA and ACSM are the most respected. They are the hardest also. 40% pass rating even with retake. ACE is pretty well respected. So if it must be those two ACE.[/QUOTE
    To answer your question. I say go with the one that your gym accepts. You're only looking for a part-time job before you go on to become an engineer. but as far as which one is BETTER than another. It depends on why you want a PT cert. If for bragging rights get a four year degree in exercise science,sports medicine and kinesiology. If you plan to work out of a gym somewhere I suggest you start by asking each gym in your area which ones they accept then go for that one. In my opinion if the cert is accredited and it requires you to have cpr/aed credentials and it educates you on designing safe and effective exercise programs in order to better the health of mankind then it's a good cert. Also can someone tell me when was the last time a potential client asked them which cert they had and is it accredited and by whom?

bessvin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bessvin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bessvin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bessvin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bessvin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bessvin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bessvin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bessvin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bessvin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bessvin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bessvin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Also that type of training with the medicine balls, bosu balls, and the resistance band all that stuff is getting BIG bodybuilding training is out for people that stuff is in hence why there are so many class's with all that stuff. I'm a trainer I dont have my clients sitting on machines all day so they don't have fun and get no gains.