RWIR will become famous soon enough. (+50) RWIR will become famous soon enough. (+50) RWIR will become famous soon enough. (+50) RWIR will become famous soon enough. (+50) RWIR will become famous soon enough. (+50) RWIR will become famous soon enough. (+50) RWIR will become famous soon enough. (+50) RWIR will become famous soon enough. (+50) RWIR will become famous soon enough. (+50) RWIR will become famous soon enough. (+50) RWIR will become famous soon enough. (+50)

[yet another] mass gainer or protein supplement?

Yes, i know there are a number of threads like this on BB forums, as well as info from other sites, but still, i wanted to get some specific and definite opinions (there seems to be a wide variety of opinions on what type of supplement is best, which is expected.)

In a nutshell, I am trying to decide which is better for my purposes, a mass gainer, or a protein supplement (and if so, whey or a blend?)

I want to gain muscle mass (strength too, but that should come with mass, if I understand correctly.)

Now for the background/info.
    First, I recognize that supplements are supposed to be, well, what they say, supplements. One of the most important things is to eat plenty of food (calories, protein, carbs, you know all this.) Just saying I recognize this.

I'm just under 20, and have been lifting (not always consistently) for about 9 mos. In high school, I was in cross country, so lifting and gaining muscle was not big on my list. Transitioning into college, however, it has.

I'm around 5'4" and 127 lbs currently and somewhere around 10-11% bodyfat, though i need to check that again. Before I started working out and lifting regularly, I was about 125. So in that amount of time, I have only gained around three pounds. I don't know if that fits the definition of a hardgainer or ectomorph, but i seem to be something like that.

I have a decent workout rotation going, though it definitely needs improving. I can handle that, I'd just like to know about supplements to help increase/speed up results.

Which is better - a mass gainer or a protein powder?

I put away a decent amount of food (for a guy my size), but I'm wondering if I still need more calories...I know i definitely need more protein in my diet.

I want something that's cost-effective and achieves results, and i only want to buy one supplement (not both a whey and a mass gainer, stacks, etc. I'm on a budget here peoples.)

To gain mass, you will gain some fat, but if you workout well, even if you use a mass gainer, it won't really make you...well, fat, will it? I don't want to increase my bodyfat, just gain muscle mass, if that's possible. Later, i hope to cut that percentage down.

Will you noticed quicker results with a mass gainer than with protein?

If i were to get a protein, should it be whey or a blend?
    If a mass gainer, Cyto, or BSN. I know, there's an article about this here on BB, but they seem so similar..
    I'll refrain from posting links, but here are some different products i'm looking at

::MASS GAINERS::
    BSN True Mass Lean Mass Gainer - good carbs/protein ratio, Vitamins, etc. Looks pretty good, especially for a mass gainer. I could be wrong, but they don't seem to put crappy filler in there.
    CytoGainer Protein Drink Mix - also looks good. Not much fat or sugar.
    CytoGainer Monster Mass Gainer - CytoGainer with more calories?

All these seem to have a good amount of protein in them.

::PROTEIN::
    BSN Synthia 6
    ON 100% Whey Gold
    Twinlab 100% Whey

Suggestions?
    Is one option clearly better than the other?

Any more details, just ask.

Sorry for the length, thanks in advance.

Spencelynn is just really nice. (+1000) Spencelynn is just really nice. (+1000) Spencelynn is just really nice. (+1000) Spencelynn is just really nice. (+1000) Spencelynn is just really nice. (+1000) Spencelynn is just really nice. (+1000) Spencelynn is just really nice. (+1000) Spencelynn is just really nice. (+1000) Spencelynn is just really nice. (+1000) Spencelynn is just really nice. (+1000) Spencelynn is just really nice. (+1000)
    First off, get your diet in check. A solid diet will do so much more for you than any supplement. Check out this thread, educate yourself on proper nutrition, and figure out what your diet should look like.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=121703981

I would recommend a blended protein over a weight gainer though. Protein powder is so much more versatile, and you can make your own gainer out of it if necessary (by adding peanut butter, milk, oats, fruit, etc).

imp4pdabest1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imp4pdabest1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imp4pdabest1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imp4pdabest1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imp4pdabest1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imp4pdabest1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imp4pdabest1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imp4pdabest1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imp4pdabest1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imp4pdabest1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imp4pdabest1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    First thing I would do is hit the nutrition section, get in there everyday for at least 30min. Eating a lot can actually work against you when trying to gain muscle mass. Hit the exercise section, get some tips to help you build a solid workout routine.

And to answer your question, your best choice is to buy a blend(XF Whey, Trutein) and than you can make your own weight gainer by adding your carbs to your shake. This would be the healthiest, more cost efficient choice.

RWIR will become famous soon enough. (+50) RWIR will become famous soon enough. (+50) RWIR will become famous soon enough. (+50) RWIR will become famous soon enough. (+50) RWIR will become famous soon enough. (+50) RWIR will become famous soon enough. (+50) RWIR will become famous soon enough. (+50) RWIR will become famous soon enough. (+50) RWIR will become famous soon enough. (+50) RWIR will become famous soon enough. (+50) RWIR will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    thank you all for the responses. thinking about it, yes, protein blend is probably better than a mass gainer - makes sense.

Was going to buy Syntha 6 but then remembered the awesomeness of Myofusion, so will go for that instead. My question is this: Can myofusion be used a a post workout supp. as well as an AM PM deal, since is has both whey and casein? (sp. ?)

I wanted to get two bottles to keep me stocked, so i was debating - two bottles of Myo., or should i do one bottle of Myo. as an AM PM and a bottle of ON 100% whey as a post-workout? i think Myo. is probably better overall though, right?

also notioed myo has a free sample of superpump max... anyone used it? Think i might be a bit sensitive to stims. though

ForceOneSeven will become famous soon enough. (+50) ForceOneSeven will become famous soon enough. (+50) ForceOneSeven will become famous soon enough. (+50) ForceOneSeven will become famous soon enough. (+50) ForceOneSeven will become famous soon enough. (+50) ForceOneSeven will become famous soon enough. (+50) ForceOneSeven will become famous soon enough. (+50) ForceOneSeven will become famous soon enough. (+50) ForceOneSeven will become famous soon enough. (+50) ForceOneSeven will become famous soon enough. (+50) ForceOneSeven will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    [QUOTE=imp4pdabest1;721082411. Eating a lot can actually work against you when trying to gain muscle mass. .[/QUOTE]

imp4pdabest1 would you care to elaborate on this statement?

Originally Posted by ForceOneSeven View Post
    imp4pdabest1 would you care to elaborate on this statement?
    agreed. I know you can overeat, which I don't, and i know you can eat a bunch of crap, which i also try not to do. I eat plenty of carbs and calories, i think though it's been awhile since i've counted, and try to stay away from high fats and cholesterol. Though i know i could use more protein in my diet.

And i love me some veggies.

But i don't overeat.

'nother question

scratch my previous question.. I think I'm only going to get one..
    My question now, is this: Can Myofusion be used as a post-workout supp. as well as an AM to PM supp.? Or would one or the other work better?

Also, for those of you who have used whey: do you combine it with other types? How effective is Whey alone?

Which brand of whey is the "whey" to go? I've heard wonderful things about ONs 100% Whey Gold, but would other cheaper whey's make a difference or be just as effective?

So, here are my options as I see them...

*Buy Myofusion and use as AM PM supp. AND/OR post workout.
    *Buy a Whey, such as ON Gold, though cheaper if results are the same, and use that, only post workout
    *Buy both Whey and Myo and use Myo as AM to PM and Whey as post-workout. Not feeling this one b/c price. Also, would having three shakes a day be overkill?

Appreciate your help - thanks a lot.

imp4pdabest1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imp4pdabest1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imp4pdabest1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imp4pdabest1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imp4pdabest1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imp4pdabest1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imp4pdabest1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imp4pdabest1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imp4pdabest1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imp4pdabest1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imp4pdabest1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Just buy Myofusion. That's all you need. I would take Myofusion over ON any day.

Originally Posted by imp4pdabest1 View Post
    Just buy Myofusion. That's all you need. I would take Myofusion over ON any day.
    post workout, as AM PM, or both?

changemyoil66 is a name known to all. (+5000) changemyoil66 is a name known to all. (+5000) changemyoil66 is a name known to all. (+5000) changemyoil66 is a name known to all. (+5000) changemyoil66 is a name known to all. (+5000) changemyoil66 is a name known to all. (+5000) changemyoil66 is a name known to all. (+5000) changemyoil66 is a name known to all. (+5000) changemyoil66 is a name known to all. (+5000) changemyoil66 is a name known to all. (+5000) changemyoil66 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I only drink my mass gainer in the morning so I can sleep for an extra 20 mins instead of making breakfast. Other than that I'm eating. I use Muscle Juice 2600.
    BPI Brand Ambassador

Proud member of the 1000lbs club