bkeim0428 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bkeim0428 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bkeim0428 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Corporate Fitness Is The Way To Go!

When I first began my career as a personal trainer I had no idea how many different routes you can take in the business. I thought working in a big gym like L.A. or a small studio like Fitness Together was as far as my certifications would take me. That is until I had a friend refer me for a training position with an oil and gas company in Dallas. These large companies save a ton of money on healthcare by putting in onsite fitness facilities and hiring personal trainers to assist the in staying fit. Not only is the stress of meeting a sales quota taken away, you make a very good, stable income and can focus strictly on your clients well being. My advice to any experienced trainer would be to look into some of the large corporations in your area and see if they have a wellness/fitness department. Should you get hired you would receive all of the same benefits the corporate employees get(which is usually very nice). You won't regret it, it is truly the best thing that ever happened to me.

regl8r is a name known to all. (+5000) regl8r is a name known to all. (+5000) regl8r is a name known to all. (+5000) regl8r is a name known to all. (+5000) regl8r is a name known to all. (+5000) regl8r is a name known to all. (+5000) regl8r is a name known to all. (+5000) regl8r is a name known to all. (+5000) regl8r is a name known to all. (+5000) regl8r is a name known to all. (+5000) regl8r is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Very cool. What kind of hours are you working?

I would assume you would need to be there before work, lunch, and after work no?

bkeim0428 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bkeim0428 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bkeim0428 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by regl8r View Post
    Very cool. What kind of hours are you working?

I would assume you would need to be there before work, lunch, and after work no?
    we have more than one shift, there is a trainer on site from 5 am to 7 pm. My shift is 11-7pm. Very chill...

MrMisanthrope is not very well liked. (-100) MrMisanthrope is not very well liked. (-100) MrMisanthrope is not very well liked. (-100) MrMisanthrope is not very well liked. (-100) MrMisanthrope is not very well liked. (-100) MrMisanthrope is not very well liked. (-100) MrMisanthrope is not very well liked. (-100) MrMisanthrope is not very well liked. (-100) MrMisanthrope is not very well liked. (-100) MrMisanthrope is not very well liked. (-100) MrMisanthrope is not very well liked. (-100)
    That was one of the options I was going to check out. Any idea where or how to get involved?

Just as a newbie, do you need your own trainer insurance for that or does the company you work for handle it?

Originally Posted by MrMisanthrope View Post
    That was one of the options I was going to check out. Any idea where or how to get involved?

Just as a newbie, do you need your own trainer insurance for that or does the company you work for handle it?
    The company handles all of the insurance, the employees sign waivers when they begin training with you. I would just call around to some of the major corporate offices in your area. I heard that verizon and raytheon's corporate offices do similar programs like the one my company does

Nate R. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nate R. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nate R. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nate R. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nate R. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nate R. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nate R. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nate R. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nate R. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nate R. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nate R. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by bkeim0428 View Post
    we have more than one shift, there is a trainer on site from 5 am to 7 pm. My shift is 11-7pm. Very chill...
    That is awesome. What does your pay look like? Definitely something I have been considering. Heard great things about it

Originally Posted by Nate R. View Post
    That is awesome. What does your pay look like? Definitely something I have been considering. Heard great things about it
    They started me out at 25 an hour with full benefits, vacation all that good stuff. Better than I was getting Fitness Together

signals has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) signals has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) signals has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) signals has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) signals has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) signals has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) signals has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) signals has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) signals has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) signals has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) signals has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    That's something I never even thought of but it sounds awesome!
    ISSA CFT

rikn5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rikn5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rikn5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rikn5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rikn5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rikn5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rikn5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rikn5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rikn5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rikn5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rikn5 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Do you work one on one with most of the people? Or are you there more to answer questions and design new workout programs if people want them?

mugugaipan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mugugaipan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mugugaipan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mugugaipan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mugugaipan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mugugaipan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mugugaipan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mugugaipan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mugugaipan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mugugaipan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mugugaipan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    25 dollars an hour to train? or just to be on the floor?

I work in corporate fitness in Dallas right now and I hate it. I get 12 dollars an hour to watch the floor and I can make 20-30 an hour for training, depending on the package. I've been here for about a year and am just now up to about 8 hours a week of training.... there is not a very high volume here due to lack of new members.

liljojo4711 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liljojo4711 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liljojo4711 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liljojo4711 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liljojo4711 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liljojo4711 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liljojo4711 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liljojo4711 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liljojo4711 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liljojo4711 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liljojo4711 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    how did u get started in this business? u just call up there and ask them if they needed any personal trainers lol? do u get $25 every hour u are there or just for each hour u train?
    NSCA - CPT
    First Aid/CPR certified

**Dont forget to rep**

Originally Posted by rikn5 View Post
    Do you work one on one with most of the people? Or are you there more to answer questions and design new workout programs if people want them?
    Its a little bit of everything, I do group fitness classes, one on ones and manage the fitness website for the company.

Originally Posted by liljojo4711 View Post
    how did u get started in this business? u just call up there and ask them if they needed any personal trainers lol? do u get $25 every hour u are there or just for each hour u train?
    I got lucky and was referred by someone to the position, its 25 buck for every hour im here i dont get paid by the session thats why its so freakin awesome

liljojo4711 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liljojo4711 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liljojo4711 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liljojo4711 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liljojo4711 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liljojo4711 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liljojo4711 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liljojo4711 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liljojo4711 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liljojo4711 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liljojo4711 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    whats ur official position called?
    NSCA - CPT
    First Aid/CPR certified

**Dont forget to rep**

Originally Posted by liljojo4711 View Post
    whats ur official position called?
    Certified Personal Trainer