13abie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Does running 1 mile a day do anything?

Is my cut going to be improved? Am I getting fitter? Am I getting faster?

I run 1 mile in 7 mins. The first two minutes is a warm, a powerwalk essentially, then I run the last 5 mins at about 8mph (13km/h)

There is no gradient as I am on a treadmill. I want to improve my squash performance and aid my cut (assuming I have a proper diet)

HeavyMetalLover is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HeavyMetalLover is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HeavyMetalLover is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HeavyMetalLover is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HeavyMetalLover is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HeavyMetalLover is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HeavyMetalLover is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HeavyMetalLover is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HeavyMetalLover is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HeavyMetalLover is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HeavyMetalLover is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Of course it helps, any exercises help you. But what matters first is your diet, if you're eating like a pig, your exercises won't do ****.

Originally Posted by HeavyMetalLover View Post
    Of course it helps, any exercises help you. But what matters first is your diet, if you're eating like a pig, your exercises won't do ****.
    Okay ya my diet is quite good, but in what way is this helping? Like is it just from a calorie burning point of view? Or am I getting fitter or faster too?

FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Conditioning can be improved regardless of diet content.
    550/385/655, 285 overhead press, 330 push jerk, 250 weighted dip, 190 weighted pull-up, 413.8 max weighted pull-up, 450 front squat, 365 RFESS, 305 x 2 log press, 400 (per arm) farmer's carry, 370 atlas stone, 31 pull-ups at 247.

www.youtube.com/user/JoeyTheMilitant/videos
    Next competition date(s): November 9th & 10th, 2019.
    Instagram: @hiphopstrongman_reloaded

Originally Posted by FLChamp View Post
    Conditioning can be improved regardless of diet content.
    But is 1mile enough to make a difference?

mushu1994 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mushu1994 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mushu1994 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mushu1994 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mushu1994 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mushu1994 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mushu1994 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mushu1994 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mushu1994 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mushu1994 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mushu1994 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by 13abie View Post
    But is 1mile enough to make a difference?
    Your the judge of that.

grindyourmind is on a distinguished road. (+10) grindyourmind is on a distinguished road. (+10) grindyourmind is on a distinguished road. (+10) grindyourmind is on a distinguished road. (+10) grindyourmind is on a distinguished road. (+10) grindyourmind is on a distinguished road. (+10) grindyourmind is on a distinguished road. (+10) grindyourmind is on a distinguished road. (+10) grindyourmind is on a distinguished road. (+10) grindyourmind is on a distinguished road. (+10) grindyourmind is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Just sprinting won't do the trick, aim for about 15-25 minutes of constant jogging. Maybe some HIIT (Hight Intensity Interval Training) is the right thing for you - Just give it a shot @google.

You can also get a pulse watch and jog in the desired heart frequency. 60-70% from your max. (220 - your age) for fat loss, and higher for cardiovascular endurance, speed, etc.

Depending on your goals these are your options for jogging / sprinting.
    You also might switch it up every now and then, the body is adopting to most exercises quite quickly, unfortunately / luckily.

alyssarpage will become famous soon enough. (+50) alyssarpage will become famous soon enough. (+50) alyssarpage will become famous soon enough. (+50) alyssarpage will become famous soon enough. (+50) alyssarpage will become famous soon enough. (+50) alyssarpage will become famous soon enough. (+50) alyssarpage will become famous soon enough. (+50) alyssarpage will become famous soon enough. (+50) alyssarpage will become famous soon enough. (+50) alyssarpage will become famous soon enough. (+50) alyssarpage will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by 13abie View Post
    Is my cut going to be improved? Am I getting fitter? Am I getting faster?

I run 1 mile in 7 mins. The first two minutes is a warm, a powerwalk essentially, then I run the last 5 mins at about 8mph (13km/h)

There is no gradient as I am on a treadmill. I want to improve my squash performance and aid my cut (assuming I have a proper diet)
    you're burning more calories, therefore it will help you on your cut. try to continue to improve the time it takes you to run that 1 mile so it continues to get more and more intense
    i like liftin' heavy things repetitively for fun

kkfoster01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kkfoster01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kkfoster01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kkfoster01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kkfoster01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kkfoster01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kkfoster01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kkfoster01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kkfoster01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kkfoster01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kkfoster01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've wondered the same thing...I usually knock out 2 miles a day but at a 8 minute pace. It will always help your cardiovascular system by raising heart rate, plus it gives you some good natural energy! Throw in some tempo runs here and there (sprints in the middle of your run) and it will definitely help. Running is one of the best workout for your core assuming you have proper form. If you have an iPhone download the Nike+GPS app to help log your runs, because it always helps to track and see your progress.
    BB.com Log http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153894531

YouTube http://www.youtube.com/user/kkfoster01
    Twitter https://twitter.com/kevof
    ******** https://www.********.com/kkfoster01?ref=tn_tnmn
    Instagram http://instagram.com/kkfoster01

Homanator has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Homanator has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Homanator has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Homanator has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Homanator has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Homanator has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Homanator has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Homanator has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Homanator has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Homanator has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Homanator has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Yeah it will aid your cut assuming your achieving deficit. And of course your gonna get fitter, maybe not as quickly as someone running more or longer than you do, but people underestimate the power of just getting a bit of cardio in. Personally on cardio days I cycle for 20 minutes at the gym HIIT style then do some core, and then do a 3km run home (but it's easy, mostly downhill). And I add 10-20 minutes of after weights session cardio for good measure. But it's all to your preference, just make sure you meet your calorie requirements.