Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast

Thread: StressMonkey

The Cake Is A Lie! StressMonkey's Avatar
    StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Corpses in the gym on International Chest Day

I swear I'm not making this up. This has got to be the weirdest thing I've ever seen at the gym.

Most of the time I couldn't possibly care less about what other people are doing in the gym but I couldn't help but notice this. I was working out around midnight and I thought that I had the gym to myself. It actually startled me when I walked past the leg extension machine and realized that there was someone sitting there. It was a guy dressed in dark sweatpants and a sweatshirt. The weird thing is that he had the sweatshirt pulled up over his head so basically only a little bit of the hair on the top of his head was showing. As I'm doing my routine he never moved a muscle. 10 minutes later he hasn't moved. 20 minutes later he hasn't moved. After 30 minutes I was starting to think that someone had dumped a body off in the gym (kind of like Chevy Chase in Vacation).

Finally some other guy showed up and started doing deads. He was really banging the weights on the ground and it was really loud. Suddenly the leg extension ninja began to move. He pulled down the sweatshirt to reveal his head. He did one set on the machine and then proceeded to pull the sweatshirt back over his head. He didn't move a muscle again and was like that when I eventually left.

Okayyyyyyyyyyy
    There will come a day when I tire of listening to 80's music. That day is not today.

I Really Miss The Old BodySpace

-O35 5'8" Crew- -Karl_Hungus Crew-

Going for strong and lean jtroster's Avatar
    jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000) jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000) jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000) jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000) jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000) jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000) jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000) jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000) jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000) jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000) jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Homeless guy with a gym membership maybe?
    Joel

“Begin at the beginning," the King said, very gravely, "and go on till you come to the end: then stop.”

My 2014 Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159562211

Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by StressMonkey View Post
    I swear I'm not making this up. This has got to be the weirdest thing I've ever seen at the gym.

Most of the time I couldn't possibly care less about what other people are doing in the gym but I couldn't help but notice this. I was working out around midnight and I thought that I had the gym to myself. It actually startled me when I walked past the leg extension machine and realized that there was someone sitting there. It was a guy dressed in dark sweatpants and a sweatshirt. The weird thing is that he had the sweatshirt pulled up over his head so basically only a little bit of the hair on the top of his head was showing. As I'm doing my routine he never moved a muscle. 10 minutes later he hasn't moved. 20 minutes later he hasn't moved. After 30 minutes I was starting to think that someone had dumped a body off in the gym (kind of like Chevy Chase in Vacation).

Finally some other guy showed up and started doing deads. He was really banging the weights on the ground and it was really loud. Suddenly the leg extension ninja began to move. He pulled down the sweatshirt to reveal his head. He did one set on the machine and then proceeded to pull the sweatshirt back over his head. He didn't move a muscle again and was like that when I eventually left.

Okayyyyyyyyyyy
    I was sleepy.
    Don't put that on me Ricky Bobby, don't you ever put that on me.

GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Didin't a forum member mention something about bringing a homeless person to the gym on his old membership?

At least you're back at the weights, SM, and a very belated Happy New Year. You'll get it all back and then some.
    "Don't call me Miss Kitty. Just...don't."--Catnip. Check out the Catnip Trilogy on Amazon.com

"Chivalry isn't dead. It just wears a skirt."--Twisted, the YA gender bender deal of the century!

Check out my links to Mr. Taxi, Star Maps, and other fine YA Action/Romance novels at http://www.amazon.com/J.S.-Frankel/e/B004XUUTB8/ref=dp_byline_cont_ebooks_1

StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by jtroster View Post
    Homeless guy with a gym membership maybe?
    LOL, who knows?

Originally Posted by Bando View Post
    I was sleepy.
    BS. We all know that when you're in your ninja garb your eyes are visible.

Originally Posted by GuyJin View Post
    Didin't a forum member mention something about bringing a homeless person to the gym on his old membership?
    Yes. I told him that I thought that his idea was childish and stupid. I still think that.
    There will come a day when I tire of listening to 80's music. That day is not today.

Firminator4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Firminator4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Firminator4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Firminator4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Firminator4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Firminator4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Firminator4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Firminator4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Firminator4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Firminator4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Firminator4 is a name known to all. (+5000)

Okayyyyyyyyyyy
    He was obviously doing Concentration Leg Extensions.
    "Don't wish it were easier, wish you were better!"

Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard. -A. R. Bernard

"The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places."
    Ernest Hemingway - "A Farewell to Arms"

Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Page 3?

I don't think so

It turns out that I fractured my foot.

And my shoulder has been bugging me ever since International Chest Day on Tuesday.

FML

And my shoulder has been bugging me ever since International Chest Day on Tuesday.

FML
    I see what's wrong here. ICD is on Monday.

You have displeased the Iron Gods.

I see what's wrong here. ICD is on Monday.

You have displeased the Iron Gods.
    LOL, I argue about that with a friend of mine on here all the time. You're just as wrong as he is.

latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

FML
    what????
    how did you manage to hurt your foot and shoulder on chest day?

Originally Posted by latebloomingmom View Post
    what????
    how did you manage to hurt your foot and shoulder on chest day?
    They're not related. My foot was already fractured (I thought it was just a sprain) on ICD.

The day after ICD it hurt when I raised my left arm higher than shoulder level but it's much better now.

Smolovian apprentice mharrislove's Avatar
    mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Okayyyyyyyyyyy
    ^^^ Good Lord...
    "First train the mind, then the body."

Made from all-natural products since 1968...no gear, no HRT, no prohormones.

They're not related. My foot was already fractured (I thought it was just a sprain) on ICD.

The day after ICD it hurt when I raised my left arm higher than shoulder level but it's much better now.
    did you get a cast?

did you get a cast?
    I got a cyborg boot. It would be an understatement to say that I get some weird looks at the gym. :-/

inb4 someone says "It's not because of the boot".

DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Gee how did I miss all of this? Hope your foot heals quickly - are you able to do squats or other leg work?
    Peace: Lift Long and Prosper!

Alamagan Dågan - and proud of it!

Lean, mean, geek machine

DocSI is just really nice. (+1000) DocSI is just really nice. (+1000) DocSI is just really nice. (+1000) DocSI is just really nice. (+1000) DocSI is just really nice. (+1000) DocSI is just really nice. (+1000) DocSI is just really nice. (+1000) DocSI is just really nice. (+1000) DocSI is just really nice. (+1000) DocSI is just really nice. (+1000) DocSI is just really nice. (+1000)
    I got a cyborg boot. It would be an understatement to say that I get some weird looks at the gym. :-/

Ugggh... the boot of doom. Sorry to hear that!! Be careful for the top of your foot - I have two decent scars on each (two different fractures at two different times) from chafing there. Body Glide works wonders.
    Nadie dijo que la vida sería fácil, sólo dijeron que valdría la pena.

Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Boots are awesome!

Progress not Perfection cowboybiker's Avatar
    cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Sorry to hear that.
    I dropped an I beam on my foot at work.
    steel toes took the brunt of it but I still got a fractured toe.
    tried squats and deads anyway. Bad mistake. Made it worse.
    maybe another month and I can start again. We'll see.
    Anyway, I feel for you.
    Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude. – Thomas Jefferson

Be yourself; Everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    you are NOT a cyborg...just stop trying to look like one would ya?
    hope your foot heals quickly!

Originally Posted by DocHoss View Post
    Gee how did I miss all of this?
    Yeah, didn't exactly want to shout from the rooftops that I hurt myself because I'm clumsy.

are you able to do squats or other leg work?
    Oh hell no.

Originally Posted by DocSI View Post
    Ugggh... the boot of doom. Sorry to hear that!! Be careful for the top of your foot - I have two decent scars on each (two different fractures at two different times) from chafing there. Body Glide works wonders.
    I'm lost. Chafing from the boot you were wearing after the injuries?

Originally Posted by Big_Sky_Guy View Post
    Boots are awesome!
    Ok!

Originally Posted by cowboybiker View Post
    Sorry to hear that.
    I dropped an I beam on my foot at work.
    steel toes took the brunt of it but I still got a fractured toe.
    tried squats and deads anyway. Bad mistake. Made it worse.
    maybe another month and I can start again. We'll see.
    Anyway, I feel for you.
    Don't feel bad for me. It's just an annoyance. I didn't even think it was broken at first.

Originally Posted by latebloomingmom View Post
    you are NOT a cyborg...just stop trying to look like one would ya?
    hope your foot heals quickly!
    resistance is futile

DocSI is just really nice. (+1000) DocSI is just really nice. (+1000) DocSI is just really nice. (+1000) DocSI is just really nice. (+1000) DocSI is just really nice. (+1000) DocSI is just really nice. (+1000) DocSI is just really nice. (+1000) DocSI is just really nice. (+1000) DocSI is just really nice. (+1000) DocSI is just really nice. (+1000) DocSI is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'm lost. Chafing from the boot you were wearing after the injuries?
    Unless you're talking about a different kind of "boot" than I'm thinking of... but usually ortho only gives you one option. Maybe I never had it tightened up enough and my foot was slipping around or something, but by the time "4 to 6" weeks were up, the skin on that part of my foot was rubbed raw!

Nadie dijo que la vida sería fácil, sólo dijeron que valdría la pena.

DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Yeah, didn't exactly want to shout from the rooftops that I hurt myself because I'm clumsy.

Oh hell no.
    How long until you're able to work legs again? The fracture is nothing compared to chemo, but I'm sure it's still frustrating.

Lean, mean, geek machine

Originally Posted by DocSI View Post
    Unless you're talking about a different kind of "boot" than I'm thinking of... but usually ortho only gives you one option. Maybe I never had it tightened up enough and my foot was slipping around or something, but by the time "4 to 6" weeks were up, the skin on that part of my foot was rubbed raw!
    Very interesting!

Mine has a piece of fabric that is attached to the inside that fits right over that spot. Now I know why they have it there!

How long until you're able to work legs again?
    Not sure. We'll see in a few weeks.

Threadweaver- Psyche Hero hochspeyer's Avatar
    hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Man, I stop by for a drive by post and I see the boot. If you're tendons are hosed up, the thing is absolutely miraculous! I get tendonitis flare-ups every so often, and this thing just. Plain. Works. But yeah- no deads, no squats. Maybe SLDL's if you can put weight on it. Even getting on a bench is interesting. Take it easy, SM!

Two reasons I won't be seeing StressMonkey in Puerto Rico for International Chest Day:

1. Coke cans are not 12 oz, but only 11.27 oz.

2. Roadside chemo

p.s. hope your foot is healing quickly!

Lean, mean, geek machine

How long until you're able to work legs again?
    Not sure. We'll see in a few weeks.
    time's up SM

chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    here is you a pick me up vid

paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hey my brother! Foot all wrapped up? It's good to worry about your foot. Haven't popped in here for awhile, but incredibly pleased that you're hitting the weights and damaging things. Ha ha!!! That's what we do. Blessings upon you brother! Here's to a wrenched shoulder, a pinched nerve here or there, and the determination and drive to get through whatever the hell shows up on your plate in the morning! Be good, be blessed, and be strong!
    paolo59

"If you're going through hell, keep going!" Winston Churchill

swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hey SM I was just thinking about you. Hope you're doing well!
    Caring about what people think of you is useless. Most people don't even know what they think of themselves.

Stop watering dead plants