EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Prepare me for job interviews

What should i expect, what questions....

What should i bring with me? Should i already have a par-q, subjective information questionnaire for a fitness assessment printed and on hand. How many exercises do you typically perform in your assessment. Single leg balance, followed by overhead squat, pushing/pulling assessment? too much?

Do you bring the formula with you to perform rockport walk test, or 3 minute step test or is that not performed in initial assessment.....we're basically just looking for compensations in the very first session and/or interview session?

FueledByYelyah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FueledByYelyah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FueledByYelyah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FueledByYelyah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FueledByYelyah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FueledByYelyah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FueledByYelyah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FueledByYelyah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FueledByYelyah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FueledByYelyah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FueledByYelyah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Well, according to the ACSM, if they do ask you to come up with a exercise perception for someone, just do the usual. First is risk assessment, healthy history. Then find out goals and such, then you can have a better knowledge of what to prescribe. Consider us doctors know, we can't just perscribe anything, we need to know pertinent information about the client, then come up with a prescription, which is quite easy.

WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Sounds like you are overpreparing, unless you are going for a specific practical interview. If it is your first one, it will likely be your typical question/answer period where they will see if you have any personality. After you get through that then they will likely book you for a practical. That's when they will give you a mock "client" and ask you to demonstrate your coaching and rapport skills.

Typically they just want to make sure you know your stuff and you aren't going to kill anyone. Don't try to impress them unless they ask you to. You don't need forms or anything like that in my experience, you just need to indicate that you would use those with your clients.

EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    So basically verbally describe to them....at the beginning of meeting with the client i would introduce myself, my exercise history, and relative educational experience/certifications

I would then go over a par-q, subjective information questionaire, and ask them to describe their exercise history along with their goals....

then proceed to the fitness assessment

you just wouldn't have to actively perform the above (excluding fitness assessment?)

cobfab12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cobfab12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cobfab12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cobfab12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cobfab12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cobfab12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cobfab12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cobfab12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cobfab12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cobfab12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cobfab12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    every interview ive been to (24hr, Golds) at a corporate chain was cake. first is interview with fitness coordinator, very brief just to give an overview of the job and how little they are going to pay you (would lol, but im srs). if you arent a zombie and have your certifications/cpr in order they will pass you on to a formal interview and they just run through your methods, your strengths, etc. its easy, just relax and use what you have learned.

FueledByYelyah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FueledByYelyah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FueledByYelyah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FueledByYelyah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FueledByYelyah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FueledByYelyah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FueledByYelyah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FueledByYelyah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FueledByYelyah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FueledByYelyah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FueledByYelyah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by cobfab12 View Post
    every interview ive been to (24hr, Golds) at a corporate chain was cake. first is interview with fitness coordinator, very brief just to give an overview of the job and how little they are going to pay you (would lol, but im srs). if you arent a zombie and have your certifications/cpr in order they will pass you on to a formal interview and they just run through your methods, your strengths, etc. its easy, just relax and use what you have learned.
    how little is little? 5 dollars an hour?

cobfab12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cobfab12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cobfab12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cobfab12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cobfab12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cobfab12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cobfab12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cobfab12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cobfab12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cobfab12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cobfab12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by FueledByYelyah View Post
    how little is little? 5 dollars an hour?
    golds=about 22% of session fee to start
    24=about 24% of session fee to start

there were more than a few occasions where it amounted to minimum wage

first independent gym i worked for paid me 45%, screw big box gyms

Originally Posted by cobfab12 View Post
    golds=about 22% of session fee to start
    24=about 24% of session fee to start

there were more than a few occasions where it amounted to minimum wage

first independent gym i worked for paid me 45%, screw big box gyms
    And what is an independent gym? Will they hire newly minted trainers?

Originally Posted by FueledByYelyah View Post
    And what is an independent gym? Will they hire newly minted trainers?
    by independent i mean a small or no chain gym. place i work for now is good sized, but still treats its trainers very well. i make a higher base session rate, but i also get a very large commission for both package and supplement sales. the quotas are pretty relaxed in comparison as well.

experience trumps all, but they accept new trainers... just be prepared to sell and make an impression.

2 I applied at so far said by 17 and 36 per hour

jando will become famous soon enough. (+50) jando will become famous soon enough. (+50) jando will become famous soon enough. (+50) jando will become famous soon enough. (+50) jando will become famous soon enough. (+50) jando will become famous soon enough. (+50) jando will become famous soon enough. (+50) jando will become famous soon enough. (+50) jando will become famous soon enough. (+50) jando will become famous soon enough. (+50) jando will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    new trainers here get a floor pay of 8.00 an hour for about 20 hours a week and then 40% of the session when they are training of about 55.00 a session

once they jump a level and get another cert and are training a decent amount it will jump to 50% but no floor pay of about 60.00 a session

then master trainer is 55% of about 65.00 a session

I'd never want to start as a new trainer again. That sucked trying to get booked the first few months.

do any gyms provide you with clients?

Originally Posted by EdgarAllanPoe View Post
    do any gyms provide you with clients?
    golds gave me clients left and right, had 20 within 2 months. 24 was a little less.
    this smaller gym gives me a few a month, but the client base is so much better (more defined goals, stuff other than weight loss) and retention is much longer term (bigger commissions, get to know the client way better, more goals, much more fun).

HollisterHB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HollisterHB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HollisterHB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HollisterHB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HollisterHB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HollisterHB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HollisterHB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HollisterHB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HollisterHB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HollisterHB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HollisterHB is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by jando View Post
    new trainers here get a floor pay of 8.00 an hour for about 20 hours a week and then 40% of the session when they are training of about 55.00 a session

once they jump a level and get another cert and are training a decent amount it will jump to 50% but no floor pay of about 60.00 a session

then master trainer is 55% of about 65.00 a session

I'd never want to start as a new trainer
    again. That sucked trying to get booked the first few months.
    TSI?
    I currently work for them and currently a floor trainer. There's def money to be made once you move up a level and get the pay increase. It's just getting there which sucks.

i thought having the NASM certification u already begin a level or two above the bottom type level? I think who i saw say that was referring to bally's?

But seeing as i have a NASM certification am i still going to have to expect to start at the same level as someone with like a wits or lower level certification?

BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500)
    Shouldnt start higher than someone with ace, nsca, or acsm.

lol

anyways.....how long did it take u all to find jobs...i sent out resumes wed and thurs night to a tonof places and havent heard from any yet. most other jobs ive applied for i got responses quickly.

even some craigslist posts didnt get back....i plan to call a few monday to follow up

HollisterHB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HollisterHB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HollisterHB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HollisterHB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HollisterHB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HollisterHB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HollisterHB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HollisterHB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HollisterHB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HollisterHB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HollisterHB is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by EdgarAllanPoe View Post
    lol

anyways.....how long did it take u all to find jobs...i sent out resumes wed and thurs night to a tonof places and havent heard from any yet. most other jobs ive applied for i got responses quickly.

even some craigslist posts didnt get back....i plan to call a few monday to follow up
    Took me about a month to find a job with a corporate gym. I went for the interview and pretty much got the job.