m_tully is a jewel in the rough. (+500) m_tully is a jewel in the rough. (+500) m_tully is a jewel in the rough. (+500) m_tully is a jewel in the rough. (+500) m_tully is a jewel in the rough. (+500) m_tully is a jewel in the rough. (+500) m_tully is a jewel in the rough. (+500) m_tully is a jewel in the rough. (+500) m_tully is a jewel in the rough. (+500) m_tully is a jewel in the rough. (+500) m_tully is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Powertec Power Rack WB-PR11

I am interested in purchasing the powertec rack in the threat title, i had a couple questions regarding the sturdiness of the rack, how is the pull up grip and are the dip bars loose when dipping with weight? Any comments about racks in the price range of $500 to $600 would be greatly appreciated. This will be my first power rack and below is where I was looking to purchase it from.

http://www.bestbuyfitness.com/produc...intProdID=3083

Bpeveto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bpeveto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bpeveto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bpeveto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bpeveto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bpeveto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    [QUOTE=m_tully;718587611]I am interested in purchasing the powertec rack in the threat title, i had a couple questions regarding the sturdiness of the rack, how is the pull up grip and are the dip bars loose when dipping with weight? Any comments about racks in the price range of $500 to $600 would be greatly appreciated. This will be my first power rack and below is where I was looking to purchase it from.

www bestbuyfitness com/product.asp?intProdID=3083

I have the Powertec WB-PR10 and it is very stable. I have no problems with it. The dip bars are a little loose but when you are doing your dips they are stable. I do dips inside the power rack. I have no problems with the pull up bar. But some people do not like them. If I had a problem with the pull up bars I would place a straight bar across the top of the power rack and use it. Once you move the safety bars about 100 times then it becomes easy moving it to different positions.

The rack comes with 1 set of j-hooks. I purchased 2 more sets of j-hooks which helped speed up my workouts. With multiple bars I can go from one workout to the other without taking the time to rerack the bar on every lift.
    Nterlude

alfred18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alfred18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alfred18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alfred18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alfred18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alfred18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alfred18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alfred18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alfred18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alfred18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alfred18 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    [QUOTE=Bpeveto;718695741]
    Originally Posted by m_tully View Post
    .........I purchased 2 more sets of j-hooks which helped speed up my workouts.
    Where did you buy the other J-hooks from? I also have the powertec rack and its really stable.
    Denver Broncos- #24 Champ Bailey

Chicago Bulls- #1 Derrick Rose

Fav. Motivational Quote that pushes me to my LIMITS:
    "Obsession is what lazy people call dedication"
    "I am my own worst enemy, the only voice left taunting me is my own"

notJAFA will become famous soon enough. (+50) notJAFA will become famous soon enough. (+50) notJAFA will become famous soon enough. (+50) notJAFA will become famous soon enough. (+50) notJAFA will become famous soon enough. (+50) notJAFA will become famous soon enough. (+50) notJAFA will become famous soon enough. (+50) notJAFA will become famous soon enough. (+50) notJAFA will become famous soon enough. (+50) notJAFA will become famous soon enough. (+50) notJAFA will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I own this power rack and am very happy with it, aside from the ease with which the powder coating chips or scratches off.

I have found it to be very sturdy, although it hasn't been used for weights of more than about 150kg.

My pull-up handles are strong and sturdy, but the rubber grips have come loose. Not really a huge problem though.

The dip bars are very solid, and due the the way they attach they would probably be less likely to move as you increase the weight.

daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Any comments about racks in the price range of $500 to $600 would be greatly appreciated.
    I would recommend the Body Craft F430 over the PT rack.

The Body Craft has a better pull up bar, and has an optional selectorised lat / row attachment (as opposed to the PT with it's plate loaded attachment).

m_tully is a jewel in the rough. (+500) m_tully is a jewel in the rough. (+500) m_tully is a jewel in the rough. (+500) m_tully is a jewel in the rough. (+500) m_tully is a jewel in the rough. (+500) m_tully is a jewel in the rough. (+500) m_tully is a jewel in the rough. (+500) m_tully is a jewel in the rough. (+500) m_tully is a jewel in the rough. (+500) m_tully is a jewel in the rough. (+500) m_tully is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by daniel327 View Post

The Body Craft has a better pull up bar, and has an optional selectorised lat / row attachment (as opposed to the PT with it's plate loaded attachment).
    I do like this rack a lot the only problem I have is that I cannot find it under 600 shipped and I would have to buy dip attachments. Now I just found a place that is an authorized dealer of bodycraft so im gonna take a drive over and check it out first hand.

Originally Posted by notJAFA View Post
    I own this power rack and am very happy with it, aside from the ease with which the powder coating chips or scratches off.

I have found it to be very sturdy, although it hasn't been used for weights of more than about 150kg.

My pull-up handles are strong and sturdy, but the rubber grips have come loose. Not really a huge problem though.

The dip bars are very solid, and due the the way they attach they would probably be less likely to move as you increase the weight.
    I kinda figured the paint would chip easily but thats fine. Thanks for information regarding the pull-up and dip bars. This will most likely be the rack I purchase unless I can find the bodycraft at more reasonable price.

gigging will become famous soon enough. (+50) gigging will become famous soon enough. (+50) gigging will become famous soon enough. (+50) gigging will become famous soon enough. (+50) gigging will become famous soon enough. (+50) gigging will become famous soon enough. (+50) gigging will become famous soon enough. (+50) gigging will become famous soon enough. (+50) gigging will become famous soon enough. (+50) gigging will become famous soon enough. (+50) gigging will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    [QUOTE=alfred18;718712091]
    Originally Posted by Bpeveto View Post

Where did you buy the other J-hooks from? I also have the powertec rack and its really stable.
    I got my extra j hooks from newyorkbarbell

qwan456 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qwan456 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qwan456 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qwan456 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qwan456 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qwan456 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qwan456 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qwan456 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qwan456 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qwan456 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qwan456 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I do like this rack a lot the only problem I have is that I cannot find it under 600 shipped
    http://www.fitnessfactoryoutlet.com/...r-Ca-1433.html

Use the "********" coupon code, and it will bring it to $569.05 shipped.

bobjenkins777 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bobjenkins777 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bobjenkins777 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bobjenkins777 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bobjenkins777 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bobjenkins777 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bobjenkins777 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bobjenkins777 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bobjenkins777 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bobjenkins777 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bobjenkins777 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I have its a great rack! use some old dumbell bars and stick it in the lowest number and you can store plate weights on them. the dip bars are great, the pull up bar is good to. overall I'm thrilled and picked it up for 450 on amazon shipped a while back
    Loves deadlifting so much want to become coroner

Bpeveto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bpeveto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bpeveto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bpeveto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bpeveto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bpeveto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    [QUOTE=alfred18;718712091]

I purchased the j-hhoks from www newyorkbarbells com /9257 html. The part number is: C-9257-2.5
    Nterlude

blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    i have it with the lat tower option and have never had
    any issue at all with it.

jprockjr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jprockjr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jprockjr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jprockjr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jprockjr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jprockjr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jprockjr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jprockjr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jprockjr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jprockjr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jprockjr is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I was considering buying a new powertec rack, since I read so many good reviews about it. But I found a black powertec rack (without the lat tower) last week on cragislist. I've had a northern lights rack and a weider c670, and these are my likes and dislikes about the powertec.

Dislikes
    - pull-up bar (for wide grip pull-ups, I'm moving it to the rear and in the process of welding a straight pipe to replace the front cross member)
    - dimension between front rear posts are way too small for me (they probably wanted to save money on steel by making the top and bottom members and spotters smaller)
    - it's light every time i re-rack my weight it moves (I need to get better flooring it's on wooden floor, but my weider rack didn't move that easily, might have to with the rubber feet my weider had, the powertec just sits on the lower steel members)
    - paint (chips and looks old quick)
    - it wobbles on my floor, might be uneven wooden floor or how I built it, but barely noticed it with the my other racks
    - wish the lowest hole setting was a little lower

- pull up bar (for neutral grip, that's why I'm moving it to the rear)
    - quick change 1-inch j-hooks and spotters (i just ordered 2 extra pairs of j-hooks from powertec $37.50 a pair shipping $12
    - rated for 1000 lbs
    - dipping attachment I love it
    - color (I wanted a black rack)

Overall, I'm glad I didn't buy it new, but I think the 1000lb rating + dip attachment sells it for me. It just doesn't feel heavy duty to me. I'll save money and buy 3x3 rack with a larger inside rack area.

for those who purchased j-hooks from NY barbell, how much was your shipping? I tried ordering some jumbo hooks and shipping came to $124, tried calling them yesterday but they don't open on the weekend. One of the worse website on the internet, they need to invest their money on a good site, they'd get way more business.
    Last edited by jprockjr; 07-17-2011 at 07:32 AM.

for those who purchased j-hooks from NY barbell, how much was your shipping? I tried ordering some jumbo hooks and shipping came to $124, tried calling them yesterday but they don't open on the weekend. One of the worse website on the internet, they need to invest their money on a good site, they'd get way more business.[/QUOTE]

My shipping cost was $34.95 to Houston, Tx. using common carrier. If you use choose US Postal then the shipping cost jumps to approx. $129.00.
    Nterlude

qwan456 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qwan456 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qwan456 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qwan456 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qwan456 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qwan456 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qwan456 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qwan456 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qwan456 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qwan456 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qwan456 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by jprockjr View Post
    for those who purchased j-hooks from NY barbell, how much was your shipping? I tried ordering some jumbo hooks and shipping came to $124, tried calling them yesterday but they don't open on the weekend. One of the worse website on the internet, they need to invest their money on a good site, they'd get way more business.
    You need their 2.5" one correct? Their ebay store sells them for $61.95 shipped.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Pair-J-Hooks-2-5...item255ce3a6eb

jprockjr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jprockjr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jprockjr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jprockjr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jprockjr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jprockjr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jprockjr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jprockjr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jprockjr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jprockjr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jprockjr is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    My shipping cost was $34.95 to Houston, Tx. using common carrier. If you use choose US Postal then the shipping cost jumps to approx. $129.00.
    thanks, I found them on amazon for anyone interested for $59.45 shipped compared to $84.90 shipped form NY barbell website.

jumbo j-hooks
    http://www.amazon.com/Jumbo-Hooks-2-...0919536&sr=1-1

adjustable plate holder attachment
    http://www.amazon.com/Adjustable-Pla...0919684&sr=1-1

Originally Posted by qwan456 View Post
    You need their 2.5" one correct? Their ebay store sells them for $61.95 shipped.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Pair-J-Hooks-2-5...item255ce3a6eb
    thanks qwan we posted about the same time.
    Last edited by jprockjr; 07-17-2011 at 09:31 AM.

Registered User Curbside_Quiche's Avatar
    Curbside_Quiche is just really nice. (+1000) Curbside_Quiche is just really nice. (+1000) Curbside_Quiche is just really nice. (+1000) Curbside_Quiche is just really nice. (+1000) Curbside_Quiche is just really nice. (+1000) Curbside_Quiche is just really nice. (+1000) Curbside_Quiche is just really nice. (+1000) Curbside_Quiche is just really nice. (+1000) Curbside_Quiche is just really nice. (+1000) Curbside_Quiche is just really nice. (+1000) Curbside_Quiche is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by daniel327 View Post

The WB-LTO11 (Powertec Lat Tower Option) has a revised weight carriage. It looks like it can take a weight stack....................

kak39 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kak39 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kak39 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kak39 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kak39 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kak39 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kak39 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kak39 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kak39 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kak39 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kak39 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I love my powertec rack

Deadlift (400x1) *7/1/2015*
    Bench (265x1) *7/1/2015*
    Squat (355x2) *7/1/2015*

Registered User Curbside_Quiche's Avatar
    Curbside_Quiche is just really nice. (+1000) Curbside_Quiche is just really nice. (+1000) Curbside_Quiche is just really nice. (+1000) Curbside_Quiche is just really nice. (+1000) Curbside_Quiche is just really nice. (+1000) Curbside_Quiche is just really nice. (+1000) Curbside_Quiche is just really nice. (+1000) Curbside_Quiche is just really nice. (+1000) Curbside_Quiche is just really nice. (+1000) Curbside_Quiche is just really nice. (+1000) Curbside_Quiche is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by kak39 View Post
    I love my powertec rack
    Hey I can tell! Sweet rack.

Originally Posted by Curbside_Quiche View Post
    Hey I can tell! Sweet rack.
    Agreed looks like a great home gym, I went ahead and placed my order for the powertec rack. I will try and report back with some pics and my thoughts on my first power rack. Thanks for all the comments guys I really appreciate it!

jao04c is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jao04c is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jao04c is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jao04c is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jao04c is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jao04c is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jao04c is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jao04c is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jao04c is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jao04c is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jao04c is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Agreed looks like a great home gym, I went ahead and placed my order for the powertec rack. I will try and report back with some pics and my thoughts on my first power rack. Thanks for all the comments guys I really appreciate it!
    hey bro check your PMs asap

ryoaska1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ryoaska1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ryoaska1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ryoaska1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ryoaska1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ryoaska1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ryoaska1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ryoaska1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ryoaska1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ryoaska1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ryoaska1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    do all of you that have this have it bolted down like that? I'm going to be renting a house and thinking about putting one of these in the garage. I don't think they'd want me bolting stuff into the concrete probably (not that I even know how to do that...). Is it pretty stable without bolting down?

lukeeluciano has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by ryoaska1 View Post
    do all of you that have this have it bolted down like that? I'm going to be renting a house and thinking about putting one of these in the garage. I don't think they'd want me bolting stuff into the concrete probably (not that I even know how to do that...). Is it pretty stable without bolting down?
    I have mine in the garage, its stable and doesn't wobble. The only thing is that it is not bolted to the floor and I can push it around if try hard enough.