oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

does fat get "softer" as you get leaner?

I know this sounds like a ridiculous question... But my trainer was pinching me the other day when we were checking my bodyfat, and he said my fat was "soft" and that fat gets softer as you get leaner. WTF?

I'm assuming what he meant was that as there is less fat the skin is less "filled out" so feels more squishy, but really I have no idea.

I love my trainer, but I get the feeling there's quite a bit of broscience rolling around in his head...
    "Start where you are. It's never too late to change your life."

dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000)
    "Eat some oatmeal, do some squats, how hard is that seriously."--Prof Ham
    ..............................................................................
    Team Cookies Give You Superpowers
    ...............................................................................
    For the lulz and an occasional intelligent thought, plus pics:

http://musclemilkisnotaeuphemism.blogspot.com/

cynthia_waz will become famous soon enough. (+50) cynthia_waz will become famous soon enough. (+50) cynthia_waz will become famous soon enough. (+50) cynthia_waz will become famous soon enough. (+50) cynthia_waz will become famous soon enough. (+50) cynthia_waz will become famous soon enough. (+50) cynthia_waz will become famous soon enough. (+50) cynthia_waz will become famous soon enough. (+50) cynthia_waz will become famous soon enough. (+50) cynthia_waz will become famous soon enough. (+50) cynthia_waz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by dreahere View Post
    Sweet. I'm starting to get this on the lower part of my bum. I was thinking I was nuts for a few days.
    I'm gonna be one to watch in 2012. Just wait and see.

Dirty Old Uncle Sam Likes His Women Fit and Trim
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136368681&page=1

*Team Amazon* Sisterhood of Iron

oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    LOL. I never would have guessed... Glad I asked.
    "Start where you are. It's never too late to change your life."

CKMH will become famous soon enough. (+50) CKMH will become famous soon enough. (+50) CKMH will become famous soon enough. (+50) CKMH will become famous soon enough. (+50) CKMH will become famous soon enough. (+50) CKMH will become famous soon enough. (+50) CKMH will become famous soon enough. (+50) CKMH will become famous soon enough. (+50) CKMH will become famous soon enough. (+50) CKMH will become famous soon enough. (+50) CKMH will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Interesting. I've noticed lately that the last little bit of fat on my lower belly is more jiggly and squishy ALL THE TIME, not just before a whoosh anymore, and I was wondering what gives.

Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    It can also just be slack skin, unfortunately. The fat fills it out, which is why fat people look younger in the face than thinner people when both groups hit middle age.
    "A champion is someone who gets up even when he can't" ---Jack Dempsey

I eat for living, not just lifting.

Ditched the hooker heels! elainedeluca's Avatar
    elainedeluca will become famous soon enough. (+50) elainedeluca will become famous soon enough. (+50) elainedeluca will become famous soon enough. (+50) elainedeluca will become famous soon enough. (+50) elainedeluca will become famous soon enough. (+50) elainedeluca will become famous soon enough. (+50) elainedeluca will become famous soon enough. (+50) elainedeluca will become famous soon enough. (+50) elainedeluca will become famous soon enough. (+50) elainedeluca will become famous soon enough. (+50) elainedeluca will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by oregonchick76 View Post
    I know this sounds like a ridiculous question... But my trainer was pinching me the other day when we were checking my bodyfat, and he said my fat was "soft" and that fat gets softer as you get leaner. WTF?

I'm assuming what he meant was that as there is less fat the skin is less "filled out" so feels more squishy, but really I have no idea.

I love my trainer, but I get the feeling there's quite a bit of broscience rolling around in his head...
    I guess softer is the word for it. I actually got a bit of bad news from my prep coach...he was pinching me too, around my hip area since I always complain that it "doesn't go away...EVER!!!". He then informed me that it is actually not fat, it's excess skin from weight loss and that there's nothing underneath it, it's just skin. I was pretty bummed, since now I have to hope and pray that things tighten up over the next 16 weeks.

So not broscience...especially if you have gone through many weight fluctuations (as I have) throughout your life. At my worst, I was 210 and that was several years after having an ED where I was maintaining 85-90 lbs. for 3 years...talk about fluctuations.
    ********: http://www.********.com/Chickthatlifts
    ******** Fan Page: http://www.********.com/ChickThatLiftsElaineDeLuca
    Twitter: @chickthatlifts
    Blog: http://www.chickthatlifts.com

Top Secret Nutrition Sponsored Athlete

Dedication + motivation = annihilation
    Live, love, lift

latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

Talking

well, let me just say this, I always knew i was getting ready to drop in weight again when my fat felt a little more jiggly, looser somehow. When you carry a substantial amount it really does have ummm substance to it when you grab ahold. Well, I really do think it loosens up as its getting ready to go down.

kegels is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kegels is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kegels is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kegels is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kegels is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kegels is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kegels is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kegels is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kegels is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kegels is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kegels is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Yeah, I mean I know it's more noticeable in lean people but I definitely feel and see a difference. Trouble is that it makes my cellulite more visible for a while because of the dimpling but oh well.
    “I don’t like work - no man does - but I like what is in the work - the chance to find yourself. Your own reality - for yourself, not for others - what no other man can ever know. They can only see the mere shows, and never can tell what it really means.” - Joseph Conrad

mybodybliss will become famous soon enough. (+50) mybodybliss will become famous soon enough. (+50) mybodybliss will become famous soon enough. (+50) mybodybliss will become famous soon enough. (+50) mybodybliss will become famous soon enough. (+50) mybodybliss will become famous soon enough. (+50) mybodybliss will become famous soon enough. (+50) mybodybliss will become famous soon enough. (+50) mybodybliss will become famous soon enough. (+50) mybodybliss will become famous soon enough. (+50) mybodybliss will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    thank-you, very interesting! unfortunately right now my fat is pretty firm...not a good sign by the sounds?

new heights of badassity summertown74's Avatar
    summertown74 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) summertown74 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) summertown74 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) summertown74 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) summertown74 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) summertown74 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) summertown74 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) summertown74 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) summertown74 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) summertown74 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) summertown74 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    This is totally happening to me! My lower belly suddenly looked and felt squishy, and I kinda thought it was extra skin. Now, a week & a half later, it looks firmer again. And I'm smaller. However, I am carbed up. I think that might make a difference? Idunno.

Our bodies are weeeeiiiirrrd
    wabi sabi...the art of finding beauty in the imperfections of life.

Holly2710 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Holly2710 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Holly2710 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Holly2710 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Holly2710 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Holly2710 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Holly2710 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Holly2710 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Holly2710 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Holly2710 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Holly2710 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hmmm thats a bad sign for me then, cause my fat has definetly hardened up

wamberella has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wamberella has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wamberella has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wamberella has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wamberella has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wamberella has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wamberella has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wamberella has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wamberella has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wamberella has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Super interesting, thanks for the link. I can't believe that in all these years I had never seen this exact process documented.

The woosh concept gives credence to the idea of sticking with a program even through a plateau, and the futility of going crazy in too short a time, expecting results. I'll just sit back and hope I'm about to hit a woosh!

Freak4Fitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) Freak4Fitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) Freak4Fitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) Freak4Fitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) Freak4Fitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) Freak4Fitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) Freak4Fitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) Freak4Fitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) Freak4Fitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) Freak4Fitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) Freak4Fitness will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Talking

Originally Posted by wamberella View Post
    Super interesting, thanks for the link. I can't believe that in all these years I had never seen this exact process documented.

The woosh concept gives credence to the idea of sticking with a program even through a plateau, and the futility of going crazy in too short a time, expecting results. I'll just sit back and hope I'm about to hit a woosh!
    Good Gawd, I have been awaiting my whoosh since Feb
    "Eating to lose is a mind Fawk, but there is science and logic behind it, then we'll get you bulking and mess with your mind some more" - Freebird
    "I lift heavy things, then put them back down...seriously, it's not rocket science..." -Kimm4
    "My two cents, not everyone wants to hear it though... If doing this was easy, everyone would be fit." - Rowyn
    Success is relative...Define Your Own! - Soopamyko

Freak4Fitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) Freak4Fitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) Freak4Fitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) Freak4Fitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) Freak4Fitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) Freak4Fitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) Freak4Fitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) Freak4Fitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) Freak4Fitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) Freak4Fitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) Freak4Fitness will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Angry Hey Yeah!

Originally Posted by Rowyn View Post
    It can also just be slack skin, unfortunately. The fat fills it out, which is why fat people look younger in the face than thinner people when both groups hit middle age.
    ^^^^^^
    This always pissed me off!
    No fair
    "Eating to lose is a mind Fawk, but there is science and logic behind it, then we'll get you bulking and mess with your mind some more" - Freebird
    "I lift heavy things, then put them back down...seriously, it's not rocket science..." -Kimm4
    "My two cents, not everyone wants to hear it though... If doing this was easy, everyone would be fit." - Rowyn
    Success is relative...Define Your Own! - Soopamyko

EGxBEAst has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    this is really great information to know. i had no idea it gets softer..but it makes total sense because my tummy is getting jiggy wit it. hah!

dollface33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dollface33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dollface33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dollface33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dollface33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dollface33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dollface33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dollface33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dollface33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dollface33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dollface33 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Wow, this made me feel so much better!!! I've been noticing lately too, that even though I lift heavy, do HIIT, eat within my calories, do ab exercises... the fat on my lower belly was looking worse than ever (more loose and gross). THANK GOD that goes away. I haven't noticed a lot of difference on the scale but I've been feeling leaner other than that dang fat. Time to take my measurements again I think.
    *Dollface33*

Lifting heavy makes me FEEL sexy..now that's motivation!