Page 4 of 67 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast
    Self proclaimed sorcerer Bnizzle163's Avatar
    Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Just dropping in to give my support. I see a noticeable difference in the set of pics. Good work, dude.
    *Professional comic book geek* *semi-pro cartoon collector* *full time nerd*

My Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166076501

Contact me for coaching/contest prep/nutritional services: WRyan163@yahoo.com

IG: @Bnizzle163

brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Upper

DB Shoulder press
    20kgx12x3 PR

Lat Pulldown
    10ppsx12x3 PR

BB Bench
    80kgx8x4 PR

Seated Row
    70x8x2 PR
    70x7
    70x6

Dips
    12, 11

Preacher Curl
    45x15 PR
    45x11

I woke up today with two things on my mind... First was that I was going to beat the f!ck out of them pulldowns, and second I was going to hit 400CHO. Hit 3 sets of 12 for 20kg on shoulder press - a PR right off the bat put me in a great mindset, not to mention time to move the weight up. Onto pulldowns, something I've been struggling to move up for a long time, I wasn't leaving until I got 3 sets for 12... I knew what I had to do, all that was left was for me to stop waiting around and do it. First set was piss easy, second set even easier, last set somehow got 12 and then dropped it down to 6 and threw down a few more reps because I felt I could - in the end I'm here to push myself beyond what I'm capable... time to move it up to 11. BB Bench was the best I've ever done, the last rep of each set was hard and f*cking slow, my absolute last rep was probably the hardest I've ever pushed before. A mate of mine came over on my last couple of sets and was blown away by how intense he said they looked, which only made me realise one thing - that it's you vs you. I swear my mind was in a different state today, the amount of focus I had was unmatched. PR's on almost every lift, honestly I was euphoric. But you know what the highlight is? Next week it's time to move up these pussy weights and give myself a challenge all over again. There is no stopping, gotta get right back at it next time and feel the pain all over again, I cannot wait.

Nutrition

66F/386CHO/193P

Dinner - sweet & sour stirfry

Brekky - MM CnC proats topped with cake frosting... nah it's actually muscle milk peanut butter chocolate sludge the consistency = identical to cake frosting

PWO - sweet chilli & sour cream stirfry

Originally Posted by Bnizzle163 View Post
    Just dropping in to give my support. I see a noticeable difference in the set of pics. Good work, dude.
    Thanks heaps mate! Means a lot coming from you

adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000)
    lookin thicker man great progress !!!

:| roo pizza = allot of volume and looks amazing recipe what is it sir ? and what are the macros

cant wait till i bulk going to be using allot of your ideas
    MUTANT ATHLETE

STRONGLIFTWEAR ATHLETE

instagram-- http://instagram.com/adamroch18

foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Hell mthrfkn yeah mate! PR's on 5 exercises! Bang.
    What happened to the 400cho?

On this;
    A mate of mine came over on my last couple of sets and was blown away by how intense he said they looked, which only made me realise one thing - that it's you vs you. I swear my mind was in a different state today, the amount of focus I had was unmatched
    I've talked to Kyle about this before....I look around the gym and see 95% of people who would be better off watching tv than going to the gym with the amount of effort they put in. THAT gives me motivation It shouldn't be a surprise that people are working hard, people shouldn't say "wow you were going nuts there", it should just be the norm And busting ass doesnt have to mean going to failure then getting a spotter to do negatives (leave your ego at the door), busting ass is doing the absolute best you can, getting into 'animal' mode. Like you said, having a focus that's unmatched!

NOW,
    wtf is that iced coffee recipe, step by step haha.

oats_addict is just really nice. (+1000) oats_addict is just really nice. (+1000) oats_addict is just really nice. (+1000) oats_addict is just really nice. (+1000) oats_addict is just really nice. (+1000) oats_addict is just really nice. (+1000) oats_addict is just really nice. (+1000) oats_addict is just really nice. (+1000) oats_addict is just really nice. (+1000) oats_addict is just really nice. (+1000) oats_addict is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by foodpr0n View Post

On this;

I've talked to Kyle about this before....I look around the gym and see 95% of people who would be better off watching tv than going to the gym with the amount of effort they put in. THAT gives me motivation It shouldn't be a surprise that people are working hard, people shouldn't say "wow you were going nuts there", it should just be the norm And busting ass doesnt have to mean going to failure then getting a spotter to do negatives (leave your ego at the door), busting ass is doing the absolute best you can, getting into 'animal' mode. Like you said, having a focus that's unmatched!

NOW,
    Completely agree man. I find it very easy to lose concentration doing 95% of other day to day things, but when I am in the gym and in the zone, I feel I can smash every record I have.

x2 on iced coffee recipe. I see Hunters one the other week, but never got round to making it.
    Also, just chucked down 8 'roo sausages and could easily pack down another 8. They are so dam good!
    140bpm all day every day

brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by adamrochester View Post
    lookin thicker man great progress !!!

:| roo pizza = allot of volume and looks amazing recipe what is it sir ? and what are the macros

cant wait till i bulk going to be using allot of your ideas
    cheers bud. it'll be a give and take thing I'm sure!

That particular kangaroo pizza was somethin like 23F/64C/100P, the recipe for that one was -
    250g kangaroo mince
    100g coles frozen veggies
    50g mozzarella + 50g light mozzarella
    60g dolmio garlic pasta sauce
    khobz brand wholemeal lebanese bread
    + whatever other veggies you want

just cook the mince and veggies for a few mins before dumping them on ya pizza, then top with cheese and throw it in the oven. Also masterfoods all purpose seasoning is awesome to throw on top for flavour (does have minimal calories though so watch that)
    I used a blend of normal and light mozzarella simply because I had some light mozzarella lying around I had to use up, otherwise I would've used the full fat stuff for more flavour, you could obviously use completely light though - would save you about 50 or so cals + more protein/less fat I also throw capsicum, mushrooms and onion on.

On this;

NOW,
    yeah mate, the best thing is it means time to move the weights up

Tried hitting the 400CHO... couldn't really be bothered crunching the numbers, besides I had a few splenda packs on the side so I'm sure I hit it lol

I had that exact conversation with my partner a little while ago... one of my mates was talking to me about another friend and how intense he is at the gym, and all I could think to myself was yeah that's great and all, good for him but... why are you acting so impressed? it should go without saying that you are in there to push yourself. When I was writing that up actually I was going to say something about it should not be surprising in the least to see people busting nuts, it SHOULD be the norm, took it out though because I didn't want to sound redundant due to already saying something similar in a previous update

IRT negatives... sorry I'm not sure I see the correlation between doing negatives and having an ego? plz2explain

Originally Posted by oats_addict View Post
    Completely agree man. I find it very easy to lose concentration doing 95% of other day to day things, but when I am in the gym and in the zone, I feel I can smash every record I have.

x2 on iced coffee recipe. I see Hunters one the other week, but never got round to making it.
    Also, just chucked down 8 'roo sausages and could easily pack down another 8. They are so dam good!
    Definitely, when I'm at the gym I'm there to train and nothing else. It is irritating getting caught up in conversations n such because I just want to be in and out, get in and get it done the best way possible.

Kangaroo sausages are amazing, pretty much an essential for any dieting aussies! What's an 8 pack like half a kilo? and that comes out to what, under 500 cals? and pretty much pure protein.. for the flavour you cannot beat that! foodprOn recommended throwing some gravox pepper gravy (I think) on them with mashed potatoes, throw some grilled onions on the side and damnit now I'm hungry.

Iced coffee was =
    small cold cup of coffee
    loooots of ice
    3 packs splenda
    vanilla essence
    half a serving Hersheys sugar free chocolate syrup
    ....all blended up, throw about 10g of light Dream whipped cream (3.6F/2.4C/0.5P per 20g serve)

I had 2 yesterday and was pretty jittery lol, going to make another today, real yummy considering it's like.... 30 cals, which pretty much all comes from the whipped cream.

Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by brendbro View Post

IRT negatives... sorry I'm not sure I see the correlation between doing negatives and having an ego? plz2explain

Probably because if you do forced negatives you can rack up about 1.2-1.3x your 1RM... maybe even more. The idea is to do the weight YOU can handle yourself with good form.

But obviously that's what you're doing mate! Back thickness and width have improved, and I think your forearms are coming along too. Do you use straps for some of your pulls?

Man, everytime I come here I want to try kangaroo more. I was in the shop the other day and saw some meat labelled "cangrejo" and immediately got excited. I should have paid closer attention because the meat was white and "cangrejo" is spanish for crab lol (didn't actually buy it)

oats_addict is just really nice. (+1000) oats_addict is just really nice. (+1000) oats_addict is just really nice. (+1000) oats_addict is just really nice. (+1000) oats_addict is just really nice. (+1000) oats_addict is just really nice. (+1000) oats_addict is just really nice. (+1000) oats_addict is just really nice. (+1000) oats_addict is just really nice. (+1000) oats_addict is just really nice. (+1000) oats_addict is just really nice. (+1000)
    Definitely, when I'm at the gym I'm there to train and nothing else. It is irritating getting caught up in conversations n such because I just want to be in and out, get in and get it done the best way possible.

Kangaroo sausages are amazing, pretty much an essential for any dieting aussies! What's an 8 pack like half a kilo? and that comes out to what, under 500 cals? and pretty much pure protein.. for the flavour you cannot beat that! foodprOn recommended throwing some gravox pepper gravy (I think) on them with mashed potatoes, throw some grilled onions on the side and damnit now I'm hungry.

Iced coffee was =
    small cold cup of coffee
    loooots of ice
    3 packs splenda
    vanilla essence
    half a serving Hersheys sugar free chocolate syrup
    ....all blended up, throw about 10g of light Dream whipped cream (3.6F/2.4C/0.5P per 20g serve)

I had 2 yesterday and was pretty jittery lol, going to make another today, real yummy considering it's like.... 30 cals, which pretty much all comes from the whipped cream.
    Yeh I know what you mean. Especially as I used to work int he gym that I now train at, a few PT's and staff want to chat and see how I am getting on etc, which is great, but would prefer it after my session ha.
    Yeah the knaga bangas are about 480-500g a pack. Taste really good with mustard too, cant get enough of them. My 'roo chille is back on the menu this week again. Gonna miss that bad boy thats for sure.

Will be trying that iced coffee too. Where did you get the Hersheys SF syrup from? Online? I go through coffee and tea so much, especially now I am back in an office and have unlimited supply of the stuff. Bloody caffeine!
    140bpm all day every day

Monday, August 29

Lower

Weight - 73.8

Hack squat
    90kgx8 (+4 super negs) PR
    90kgx8 (+4 ^^)
    90kgx6 (+1 assisted) (+4 ^^)
    90kgx7 (+ 2 ^^)

Seated Leg Press
    350x11
    350x11
    350x12 + .5

Leg Extension
    10ppsx9 PR
    10ppsx8x3

Leg Curl
    50x12x3 PR

Standing Calf
    65x15
    65x12
    65x9
    65x8

No slowing down this week. Hack squats to begin with and I knew it was time to start pushing myself harder, so moved the weight to 90kg. 8 for the first 2 sets, on my 3rd set I failed on the 7th rep, NOT happy with that, I knew I couldn't sell myself short like that on my last set. I pictured getting 8, and then thought realistically that wouldn't be possible, so I was going to get 6. I pictured it in my head and knew what I had to do. Got to 6, and reminded myself... your not here to be realistic, you're here to push past that... managed out one more rep. Seated Leg press was insane, first set down for 11 reps, second set down for 11, on my final set I stopped and thought to myself when I leave today, am I really going to be satisfied with myself? I shot for 12 and made it, I was out of it but still was not satisfied, so I went for one more, I was stuck on that 13th rep for quite some time and pushed so hard that I stumbled off the machine and collapsed on the ground afterwards. From that moment on throughout the workout I felt f!cking terrible... somehow managed a PR on leg extensions. During leg curls I was so bloody close to vomiting, honestly I felt like I had a hangover or something... but I said to myself I wouldn't let ANYTHING stop me, that I had it in me to finish off this weight I've been stuck at, this time I'm putting it all in, and I hit 3 sets for 12... time to move it up. Standing calf did 4 sets with 20 second rest breaks and holy f!ck I couldn't walk any faster than a turtle afterwards. I am absolutely destroyed now, but I want more. I really do. I am depleted and worn out, but I don't care, I just want to get right back at it. I am f!cking excited for tomorrow.

Nutrition

Macros - 70F/399.9C/191P

lol ^^

chocolate pb&j and an Iced Coffee -

PWO - sweet chilli & sour cream fettucine (again)

dinner - chicken, bacon & mushroom chilli fettuccine

Originally Posted by Shazriki View Post
    Probably because if you do forced negatives you can rack up about 1.2-1.3x your 1RM... maybe even more. The idea is to do the weight YOU can handle yourself with good form.

But obviously that's what you're doing mate! Back thickness and width have improved, and I think your forearms are coming along too. Do you use straps for some of your pulls?

Man, everytime I come here I want to try kangaroo more. I was in the shop the other day and saw some meat labelled "cangrejo" and immediately got excited. I should have paid closer attention because the meat was white and "cangrejo" is spanish for crab lol (didn't actually buy it)
    Yeah, I thought he was talking about the so called "super" negatives I've been doing at the end of hack squats (and occasionally BB bench), which he wasn't

Thanks mate, really do appreciate it. I've been using straps on deadlifts, no other pulls... seen guys using them on pulldowns n such but the weight I pull doesn't really warrant it (at the moment )

Kangaroo's a life saver I'll tell ya, my local shop stopped selling the mince though which is pretty bloody annoying.

Haha you should've bought the cangrejo, here in Aus we like to call crabs the kangaroos of the sea

(not srs)

Yeh I know what you mean. Especially as I used to work int he gym that I now train at, a few PT's and staff want to chat and see how I am getting on etc, which is great, but would prefer it after my session ha.
    Yeah the knaga bangas are about 480-500g a pack. Taste really good with mustard too, cant get enough of them. My 'roo chille is back on the menu this week again. Gonna miss that bad boy thats for sure.

Will be trying that iced coffee too. Where did you get the Hersheys SF syrup from? Online? I go through coffee and tea so much, especially now I am back in an office and have unlimited supply of the stuff. Bloody caffeine!
    Oh yeah definitely, tomato sauce + mustard... yuuum. What brand mustard you using? Oh dude that 'roo chilli was fantastic, I'll need to make some again for sure! Might even try throwing some mexican cheese on it

The hersheys syrup was from the States actually, can't remember where exactly but I saw it somewhere in Florida and grabbed it to use back at home. It tastes f*cking terrible honestly (for 15 cals per 32g serving why would I ever think it'd taste good? lol) so I haven't been using it at all, good that I've finally found a way to use it!

Was talking to foodprOn and he said he used the diet cottees chocolate syrup and it worked well, they taste pretty similar so give it a try if you can't find the hersheys stuff.

I hear ya on the coffee and tea, I used to drink 8+ cups of tea a day, had to cut it back. I've also been meaning to not have so much caffeine but love coffee too much.
    Last edited by brendbro; 08-29-2011 at 04:24 AM.

found these are sold at my work now! (there's also a coconut milk below them that is a bit hard to see) picked them up so we'll see how they are, pretty keen to give the chocolate hazelnut milk a try.

choc hazelnut milk is 120 cals per cup (5F/19C/2P)
    almond milk is 60 cals per cup (2.5F/8C/1P)

Tuesday, August 30

Upper

Bench
    32.5kgx8 (DB)
    85kgx5x3 (failed 6th rep on every set) (BB)

Seated Row
    70x8
    70x8
    70x7
    70x6

DB Incline
    25kgx10 PR
    25kgx10
    25kgx10

Pulldown
    11ppsx12
    11ppsx9
    11ppsx8

Dips
    12, 7

Preacher Curl
    45x15
    45x8

BB Bench was being used when we got to the gym so begun with some DB Bench, did a set of 8 on 32.5kg which is a PR on DB Bench but I was intent on pushing BB Bench up this week so as soon as a bench was free went for it. Last week hit 80kg for 4 sets of 8 so moved it up to 85kg this week, was a lot tougher lol. I went for a 6th rep on every set, pushing as hard as I bloody well could but just could not get that weight up. Still, 3 sets of 5 gives me a nice base to start hopefully setting some PR's on in the coming weeks. Seated rows were great, shoulders/back were still a little sore from last friday so they were tough, I went for a 7th rep on that last set and didn't quite get completely in so didn't count it. DB Incline was definitely what stood out today - hitting 3 sets of 10 for 25kg. Considering last week I got a set of 9 and 7 on the same weight. That last rep was so f!cking hard, was absolutely blue in the face. Onto pulldowns, was so keen to finally push the weight up to 11. I was surprised to hit 12 on my first set, almost hit 10 on my second and made 8 for my last set, partner said my last couple of reps were a bit shoddy so I'll need to take that into account, GREAT lat burn though - not to mention the rest of my back. Dips and preacher curl were sh!t compared to friday, but my tri's and bi's were still a bit sore from friday, gotta get re-used to the intensity. Overall good session, albeit slightly unfocused due to the new weights and not knowing what to expect, excited to start setting some new PR's on these new weights though.

Nutrition

Macros - 63F/416C/187P

Hell yes well over my goal of 400CHO

Brekky - Iced Chocolate Hazelnut Coffee (chocolate hazelnut milk taste awesome!)

PreWO - Cinnamon Raisin bagels w/strawberry cream cheese and apple, dymatize fudge brownie shake w/almond milk

PWO - Kangaroo Chilli

Made this with kangaroo sausage mince due to my local store never having the mince any more which I mentioned earlier. Came out fuarking good, huge and really spicy... I've definitely found that the spicier a meal is the more it fills me up, probably the fact that I end up drinking 2L of water along with it lol. Will take that into account when it's finally time to cut the cals.
    Last edited by brendbro; 08-30-2011 at 01:20 AM.

its not just water weight Webber91's Avatar
    Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    brb trolling IGA for dat dere choc hazelnut milk!

jzpowahz is just really nice. (+1000) jzpowahz is just really nice. (+1000) jzpowahz is just really nice. (+1000) jzpowahz is just really nice. (+1000) jzpowahz is just really nice. (+1000) jzpowahz is just really nice. (+1000) jzpowahz is just really nice. (+1000) jzpowahz is just really nice. (+1000) jzpowahz is just really nice. (+1000) jzpowahz is just really nice. (+1000) jzpowahz is just really nice. (+1000)
    great looking roo chilli!

Do you get the cinnamon raisin bagels from regular bakery's? I've never seen them.

Thursday, September 1st

Lower

Weight - 74kg

Deadlift
    120kgx6 (wide sumo stance)
    120kgx6 (regular)
    120kgx6
    120kgx6 Rep PR

Seated Leg Press
    350x14
    350x12
    350x9

Leg Curl
    55x11
    55x10
    55x8

Seated Calf
    120kgx12
    120kgx12
    120kgx9

Standing Calf
    65x15
    65x8
    65x8

Session started with deadlifts - went for a rep range of 5-6 instead of 8. Total of 24 reps on 120kg is a rep PR of 3 whole reps. Went back to regular stance DL's as well. Think I'll move it up next week, I'm excited/scared sh*tless. Seated leg press was freaking insane. First set I hit 14... wtf... I then realised that since I've moved it up from 330 to 350 the increase in plates means the ROM is less than before, so I moved the seat in further to get a better ROM on my next two sets, holy FCUK they killed. I went for a 10th on my last set and jesus H christ my quads felt like they were going to explode. Onto leg curls, first time on 55 - hit 11 for my first, second set was absolutely insane, lost all control of my lower legs on the last rep as I just wanted to get that f*cking weight up there. Seated calf and Standing calf had rest breaks of 30/20 seconds respectively, after my last set of standing calf I fell on the floor and had a quick nap, felt good. Can't even piss now without getting the shakes, love that feeling.

In other news, this coming weekend is going to be a bit all over the place regarding nutrition, you see it's my birthday on sunday (yay). Will be hitting upper body tomorrow, then studying in the arvo and staying at a mates friday night before going to the snow on saturday with some friends Then will be resting up on sunday/eating a f!ck load of food (need suggestions!!), and then going out to dinner with the family sunday night.

Anyway, if anyone has good suggestions for some special foods to cook up for my birthday than please chime in... macros no matter Not sure what I want for dinner either, I would love to go for sushi but only my dad and I love japanese, nobody else in the family wants to lol.

Nutrition

Macros - 62F/415C/192P

Cinnamon raisin bagels w/ vanilla cream cheese & nutella filled cereal, myofusion cookies and cream shake -

Proats made Shaz style, vanilla ON casein with pb/strawberry cream cheese. ON vanilla casein is goood!!

Apple cider Italian pork sausage, kangaroo, mushroom & bacon pizza -

Originally Posted by Webber91 View Post
    brb trolling IGA for dat dere choc hazelnut milk!
    its good stuff

IGA Deakin brah

Originally Posted by jzpowahz View Post
    great looking roo chilli!

Do you get the cinnamon raisin bagels from regular bakery's? I've never seen them.
    Chilli was awesome!

They're made at a local bakery here called 'That Bagel Place' but are sold at numerous stores throughout the city, one happens to be where I work. Coles/Woolies do sell bagels though, only plain, sesame seed and blueberry ones.
    Last edited by brendbro; 08-31-2011 at 08:33 PM.

Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Nice deads bro, well done!

Nice deads bro, well done!
    cheers bro, still a bit of catching up to do with them but they're great!

that's awesome to hear that you'll be joining southern cross! will you be training at the Anytime or southern cross? reason I ask is because I'm sure you're aware that southern cross aint a 24 hour gym. gonna be awesome to see you in there though

foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    PWO - Kangaroo Chilli
    Meant to ask this when you posted. But reciipppppe?

As Kyle said - AWESOME ish on the DL. 200kg on the way
    You like sumo's?

Btw, dunno about yo, but lasagna is my favourite dish of all time. Get mother to make that sucker for me all the time, especially around bday time!

Toad in the Hole gets my vote every time. Love that stuff.

What brand is the chocolate hazlenut milk? Decent macros? Might try find some tonight.

Just finished off my batch of 'roo chille last night. Love each and every one of the 5 meals you get out of the packet. Result!
    140bpm all day every day

Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Yeah, I thought he was talking about the so called "super" negatives I've been doing at the end of hack squats (and occasionally BB bench), which he wasn't

Thanks mate, really do appreciate it. I've been using straps on deadlifts, no other pulls... seen guys using them on pulldowns n such but the weight I pull doesn't really warrant it (at the moment )

Kangaroo's a life saver I'll tell ya, my local shop stopped selling the mince though which is pretty bloody annoying.

Haha you should've bought the cangrejo, here in Aus we like to call crabs the kangaroos of the sea

I dunno, maybe this is high horse talk, but the guys I've see using the grips on pulldowns are the ones who also use them for curls, bench press, side laterals. Grip gloves for EVERYTHING, I mean, really? IMO it's best to stay unassisted for as long as possible to maximize those forearm gains! But deads are the first to need them for sure, it sucks having your focus slip because your grip is slipping..

I'm really beginning to think horse in Europe = kangaroo in Australia. Is kangaroo popular over there is or is one of the meats that just ends up on the shelf and some people buy?

Good work the proats, they look MMMM GOOD! If you blast them for even longer on high they congeal into a cake-like substance. My parents/housemates have caught me on more than one occasion making out with the spoon to polish off every last oat (it tastes that good)

I also can't express how jelly I am of cinnamon raisin bagel (we don't get them here in Spain).

Hehe I like how you talk about developing the fear/excitement when you look forward to setting a PR in a future workout. I get butterflies in my stomach all the time when I'm breaking into new territory. It's like asking a girl out for the first time and the feeling you get when she says yes. BOOM endorphins everywhere!

Friday, September 2nd

Upper

Weight - 73.6kg

DB Shoulder Press
    22.5kgx12
    22.5kgx10
    22.5kgx9.5

Pulldown
    11ppsx12
    11ppsx10.5 PR
    11ppsx9.5

BB Bench
    85kgx4
    85kgx6 PR
    85kgx6
    85kgx5.5

Seated Row
    70x8
    70x8
    70x7.5
    70x7.5 PR

Dips
    10, 8

Preacher Curls
    45x15
    45x13 PR

Machine crunches
    something x 15 x 3

Have to make this update quick. Was in a good mood for the gym today. Entered with determination to hurt myself silly. Up'd the weights on DB shoulder press, my traps were hurting from DL's yesterday, but I was in no mood to let that stop me. They felt really good. Onto pulldowns and I put in my all, I was GOING to get more than last time, can't even remember if I did. Bench was freaking incredible, LOVED it. First set for four was terrible, I was a bit put off for a moment due to the gym suddenly getting packed, but that only made me fired up to push myself more on those next 3 sets. Hit 6 for my 2nd and 3rd, **** yes. Almost got a 6th on my last one, I gave it my all but sadly spotter had to assist. Seated row felt awesome, my last rep of my last set I must've held it there, squeezing my back for 30 seconds or so, it was bloody painful. Dips were ****, I'm quite sure it's simply my tri's giving out early because my bench is going up, I am positive it isn't a mental thing. Hit a PR on preacher curls, which is always great. Did some quick machine crunches at the end, didn't really focus on what weight it was at, just went for as many as I could.

That's it, off to the snow early tomorrow morning for what should be an awesome day, then birthday on sunday which will probably spent inside studying sadly.

Nutrition

'Roo bolognese -

PWO sushi -

got some leg photo updates... tried to take it as close to my avi as possible

can't see much of a difference... meh, progress is slow :\

Meant to ask this when you posted. But reciipppppe?

As Kyle said - AWESOME ish on the DL. 200kg on the way
    You like sumo's?

Btw, dunno about yo, but lasagna is my favourite dish of all time. Get mother to make that sucker for me all the time, especially around bday time!
    lolled hard at 'AWESOME.... ish'
    Nah I know it aint a great number, but I'm determined to keep pushing at it, and I suppose that's what counts. 200kg is the dream!

Great idea on the lasagna, I think we're heading to a italian place so lasagna will be on the menu for sure, otherwise might just go ahead and pop one of these in -

recipe was something like -
    can of diced tomatoes (coles)
    I think about 400g kangaroo sausages
    1 pack Old el paso chilli seasoning mix
    250g mushrooms + onion + whatever other veggies

Squeeze the sausage mince out and dispose of the skin, then just cook up the mince/onions for a few mins, throw the chilli seasoning in, mix it up, then throw in the mushrooms/tomatoes and let it simmer. Throw on top of some rice. easy

Toad in the Hole gets my vote every time. Love that stuff.

What brand is the chocolate hazlenut milk? Decent macros? Might try find some tonight.

Just finished off my batch of 'roo chille last night. Love each and every one of the 5 meals you get out of the packet. Result!
    Haven't had toad in the hole since 8th grade cooking lol, will put it on the menu for sure!

The brand of the milk is 'Pacific',
    macros are per serve:
    choc hazelnut: 5F/19C/2P
    almond: 2.5F/8C/1P, so yeah not too shabby.

Mate the roo chille is golden each and every time, thanks again for the recipe!

Originally Posted by Shazriki View Post
    I dunno, maybe this is high horse talk, but the guys I've see using the grips on pulldowns are the ones who also use them for curls, bench press, side laterals. Grip gloves for EVERYTHING, I mean, really? IMO it's best to stay unassisted for as long as possible to maximize those forearm gains! But deads are the first to need them for sure, it sucks having your focus slip because your grip is slipping..

I'm really beginning to think horse in Europe = kangaroo in Australia. Is kangaroo popular over there is or is one of the meats that just ends up on the shelf and some people buy?

Good work the proats, they look MMMM GOOD! If you blast them for even longer on high they congeal into a cake-like substance. My parents/housemates have caught me on more than one occasion making out with the spoon to polish off every last oat (it tastes that good)

I also can't express how jelly I am of cinnamon raisin bagel (we don't get them here in Spain).

Hehe I like how you talk about developing the fear/excitement when you look forward to setting a PR in a future workout. I get butterflies in my stomach all the time when I'm breaking into new territory. It's like asking a girl out for the first time and the feeling you get when she says yes. BOOM endorphins everywhere!
    I definitely agree on keeping it unassisted for as long as you can, but I can't really imagine doing DL's now without 'em. Speaking of forearm gains, my mate who played cricket growing up, has f!cking enormous forearms, like... bigger than his bi's

Kangaroo isn't really that popular, although most people don't really shudder or anything at the thought of eating it, it seems like most consider it more of a gourmet meat. Whenever I bring it up to people they always have a look of intrigue/surprise... it's like if I had said I made a burger with lean beef, nobody would give it a second thought, but if it was a kangaroo burger, then all of a sudden it's intrigueing

Yeah I've made oats that thick before, turning them into a 'cake' and I wasn't a fan tbh, I either like them a bit sloppy, or decently thick (but not to 'cake-like' firmness), depending on what I'm in the mood for.

cinnamon raisin bagels are pretty rare here in Aus too, I'm pretty sure they're not widely available, there just happens to be a bakery in my city which makes them so I'm lucky
    Last edited by brendbro; 09-02-2011 at 12:16 AM.

Dude....quickly haven't replied to everything but DID NOT mean awesome-ish.

ish = sh!t.
    But if I wrote that it'd come off like this;
    Awesome ****.

So I always use ish....same with b!tch = bish

I would never put down someone's lifts

jzpowahz is just really nice. (+1000) jzpowahz is just really nice. (+1000) jzpowahz is just really nice. (+1000) jzpowahz is just really nice. (+1000) jzpowahz is just really nice. (+1000) jzpowahz is just really nice. (+1000) jzpowahz is just really nice. (+1000) jzpowahz is just really nice. (+1000) jzpowahz is just really nice. (+1000) jzpowahz is just really nice. (+1000) jzpowahz is just really nice. (+1000)
    I was looking at your Bench to dip ratios also. Seems odd, you are lighter than me and bench more but a few less reps (my PB at 5x5 was 85). You are doing dips at BW for 10 & 8 reps.

Today I did:
    bench 74.5x8x3 (max is 77.5x8x83)
    dips BW of 78ish +23.75kg (8,8,7)

Weird **** is going on here :P

Dude....quickly haven't replied to everything but DID NOT mean awesome-ish.

ish = sh!t.
    But if I wrote that it'd come off like this;
    Awesome ****.

So I always use ish....same with b!tch = bish

I would never put down someone's lifts
    Haha my bad, all good budd

Originally Posted by jzpowahz View Post
    I was looking at your Bench to dip ratios also. Seems odd, you are lighter than me and bench more but a few less reps (my PB at 5x5 was 85). You are doing dips at BW for 10 & 8 reps.

Today I did:
    bench 74.5x8x3 (max is 77.5x8x83)
    dips BW of 78ish +23.75kg (8,8,7)

Weird **** is going on here :P
    Well, dips today definitely were not my max, not sure what my max is but for example last week got 12 and 11... Which is why I said dips today were ****

I'd be more than happy to get some bench vids up tho if u like some critiquing is more than welcome

lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Your log is making me hungry! Great job on the lifts.

If you are wanting to bring up your dips (not saying you are, but IF you are), try doing them first and heavy, like 5 X 5. =)

logarth will become famous soon enough. (+50) logarth will become famous soon enough. (+50) logarth will become famous soon enough. (+50) logarth will become famous soon enough. (+50) logarth will become famous soon enough. (+50) logarth will become famous soon enough. (+50) logarth will become famous soon enough. (+50) logarth will become famous soon enough. (+50) logarth will become famous soon enough. (+50) logarth will become famous soon enough. (+50) logarth will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Lifts are still coming along great! Your log is a great motivator for me and also a very good food planner

cheers bro, still a bit of catching up to do with them but they're great!

that's awesome to hear that you'll be joining southern cross! will you be training at the Anytime or southern cross? reason I ask is because I'm sure you're aware that southern cross aint a 24 hour gym. gonna be awesome to see you in there though
    Pssht, don't even start on talking about catching up on deadlifts. Brb losing 60kg off my numbers through freakin' injury fuaarrkk!

I train at Anytime already so I'm just extending it to include Southern Cross as well, it costs like an extra $2 or some crap like that so I'll be training at both. Southern Cross mainly, but I'll save Anytime for when I need it. I doubt I'll be spending ~3hrs in the gym once I'm done prepping, so the 3-4am workouts will probably get pushed back an extra couple of hours so I can restore somewhat of a night life and not be dead to the world by 7pm lol

Monday, September 5th

Lower

Hack Squats
    90kgx8 (+4 super negatives)
    90kgx8 (+4 ^^)
    90kgx8 (+4 ^^)
    90kgx8 (+4 ^^)

Seated Leg press
    170kgx11 Weight PR
    170kgx6
    170kgx9

Leg extension
    11ppsx8 PR
    11ppsx7
    11ppsx7
    11ppsx7

Leg Curl
    55x12 PR
    55x10
    55x8

After a long weekend off I had something to prove to myself with this workout. I felt like complete **** when I awoke this morning. Not only was my whole body aching from snowboarding on saturday + last thursday/friday's workouts, but I started getting sick yesterday, which happened to be my birthday. I was worried that I wouldn't be able to push myself today, boy was I wrong. Beginning with hack squats, and I'm not gonna lie they didn't feel the best, at that stage I was still a bit aprehensive, and I was finding it hard to catch my breath, but I squeezed the hell out of my quads on those negatives and got a decent burn out of 'em. Onto leg press and, while hack squats didn't feel incredible, they did enable me to get into a mental state of "you're gonna rip your fukkin legs in half or go home" on leg press. We used a different leg perss machine again, and I decided on moving it up to 170kg and focus entirely on squeezing my legs and feeling a burn, rather than a rep number. Failed on the 7th rep of my 2nd set, I held it there for a good deal, and by the time I had it dropped I was almost crying in pain, I collapsed off the machine and all I could feel was my legs tearing to pieces. Third set I said to myself the same thing, do not aim for a certain rep range but instead aim for feeling the most squeeze in your legs. I was hobbling around like an old man afterward. Moved the weight up on leg extension and hit some PR's, a lot of pain and hit failure. Leg curls felt freaking fantastic as well, PR felt awesome. My hammies are destroyed now. Skipped out on any calf work today... calves were in a lot of pain from last week, and snowboarding completely destroyed them, still getting massive DOMS in 'em so I think they need a bit of a rest. Overall INCREDIBLE work out, can't believe how far I could actually push myself despite my physical state, makes you realise just how much of a mental game it really is.

Nutrition

Made myself a nice fat bagel for the snow, this was a blueberry bagel with mighty maple peanut butter, ham, banana and honey. It was..... interesting

For my birthday we went to an italian place, I got a chicken pesto pizza, I asked them to throw some italian sausage on and they instead put salami on... it was pretty average.

Dessert was some calzones which were pretty mediocre too, we had 3 - caramelised banana, nutella & baileys, and a strawberries & cream. No photos sorry

Few snow pics

(me on the left)

The weather was incredible! Such a perfect day, wish I could go more often honestly

Originally Posted by lovingit View Post
    Your log is making me hungry! Great job on the lifts.

If you are wanting to bring up your dips (not saying you are, but IF you are), try doing them first and heavy, like 5 X 5. =)
    wooh! Thanks for checking it out!

I haven't thought about bringing my dips up, but that isn't a bad idea at all

Originally Posted by logarth View Post
    Lifts are still coming along great! Your log is a great motivator for me and also a very good food planner
    Thanks mate, I can't believe that I'm motivating seriously surprising lol

haha I'm glad I can help you plan your foods!

Pssht, don't even start on talking about catching up on deadlifts. Brb losing 60kg off my numbers through freakin' injury fuaarrkk!

I train at Anytime already so I'm just extending it to include Southern Cross as well, it costs like an extra $2 or some crap like that so I'll be training at both. Southern Cross mainly, but I'll save Anytime for when I need it. I doubt I'll be spending ~3hrs in the gym once I'm done prepping, so the 3-4am workouts will probably get pushed back an extra couple of hours so I can restore somewhat of a night life and not be dead to the world by 7pm lol
    the injury is absolutely terrible, but you know you're doing the right thing by playing it safe, your on the home stretch now!

Yeah I hear ya, not that I've ever had to work out that early but I used to do cardio at 5:30 and I was a zombie by the afternoon. Still, feels awesome working out nice and early, especially now that the weather is catching up and it aint so bloody cold.

Ryanmckd is just really nice. (+1000) Ryanmckd is just really nice. (+1000) Ryanmckd is just really nice. (+1000) Ryanmckd is just really nice. (+1000) Ryanmckd is just really nice. (+1000) Ryanmckd is just really nice. (+1000) Ryanmckd is just really nice. (+1000) Ryanmckd is just really nice. (+1000) Ryanmckd is just really nice. (+1000) Ryanmckd is just really nice. (+1000) Ryanmckd is just really nice. (+1000)
    Damn dude just noticed this log as I was scrolling through the main page and browsed through the first 4 pages, great journal man and defiantly in on this. O and dem eats bro... god damnn
    WWW.3DMUSCLEJOURNEY.COM

TEAM 3DMJ

Tuesday, September 6th

Upper

BB Bench
    85kgx8 PR
    85kgx6
    85kgx6
    85kgx5.5

Seated Row
    70x8
    70x8
    70x8
    70x7

DB Incline
    25kgx10
    25kgx11
    25kgx9

Pullups (assisted)
    23kgx9.5
    23kgx7
    23kgx6.5

Kneeling Tricep extension
    7 x 8
    7 x 6 + 2 on 6

Preacher Curl
    45x15
    45x9

Woke up this morning feeling worse than yesterday, but I knew I had a lot to do today so popped some cold tablets and got the day started. Motivation was through the roof as I hit a PR right off the bat, 8 reps on BB bench. Onto seated row and hit 3 sets for 8, which is half a rep more than last time, they felt GREAT. My back was destroyed afterwards. Last week got 3 sets of 10 on DB incline... this time hit 10, then PR'd on 11, that 11th rep was long and brutal... only managed 9 on my last so didn't get any more reps than last time. The pulldowns were taken so we decided on some assisted pullups, I took 23kg off my body weight. These felt really good actually, the stretch in my lats felt great. Kneeling triceps were meh, tri's were already f!cked. Preacher curl was tooouugh, my bi's were already a bit tight but I gave it my all, didn't make as many reps as last time but I swear they were harder than last time lol, funny how that works. Even though I'm sick, funnily enough I feel better after having hit the gym, but it was probably just the cold&flu tablets I took.

Slightly OT, but there's quite a few guys at my gym who I'm quite sure are all training for this up and coming comp on sep 18th. It's really motivating seeing these guys and just how hard they push themselves!

Nutrition

Macros - 70F/400C/190P

I know I'm late but I recently discovered the joy of full fat bacon, holy f%*%$y^&^* cannot believe I've been missing out on it.

2 Kangaroo & bacon cheeseburgers with mushrooms & onions (sauted in the bacon fat)
    One with swiss cheese and the other with american -

Originally Posted by Ryanmckd View Post
    Damn dude just noticed this log as I was scrolling through the main page and browsed through the first 4 pages, great journal man and defiantly in on this. O and dem eats bro... god damnn
    haha thanks mate! always great to have another aussie.

You're from the gold coast I see... damn I am mad jealous, phukking love QLD.

Don't even comment on my eats, bro your refeeds in MEN have been amazing!

Hope you had a good Birthday bro!

Completely agree with peoples comments WRT me eating kangaroo all the time. Just not very common, no negativity or anything, but I love it. Need to get some more bush plum steaks before I leave.

Nice benching man! Solid numbers being thrown up there.
    140bpm all day every day