Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Bazinga's log

BazingaO is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BazingaO is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BazingaO is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BazingaO is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BazingaO is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BazingaO is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BazingaO is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BazingaO is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BazingaO is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BazingaO is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BazingaO is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Bazinga's log

So I've finally decided to start a log after a long time of reflection. It will be easier for me to track my workouts, my diet and I'll be able to have a look at my progress and what's wrong with my daily routine over time.

I've been cutting while adding some muscle mass for a pretty long time now (approximately 3 years). I've been doing gymnastics since I'm 2 years old, so I always had a better physique than my friends. I started to get interested in nutrition and workout out about 3 years ago, after I broke my leg at gymnastics. Since then, my diet is in check as well as my workouts and I make sure to learn new things everytime I have the occasion. This forum has really helped me to remove all the "broscience" that I was preaching. So thanks you all.

Workouts:

Concerning my workout,I combine both bodyweight and lifting exercices, because I'm a gymnast. My workouts are usually only bodyweight exercices, but I always add basic lifiting exercices such as bench press, curls, butterfly...
    Every Summer/Chritmas I'm going to my family in Lebanon for 5 weeks (summer) and 2 weeks (Christmas), where there's a gym near my house where I'm going everyday.
    So I'm doing only lifting exercices 7 weeks per year and the rest of the year it's a combination of both bodyweight and lifting exercices.
    By bodyweight exercices I mean pullups (any variations), rope climbing, push ups, dips, iron cross, front lever and other gymnastics skills.

Nutrition:

I often stick to "bro food" during the week, because I like nutrient dense and satiating foods.
    I'm usually on a moderate carbs, high protein diet because I like meat, fish, eggs and anything that is high in protein, plus I find them more satiating.
    Since I'm french, one of my favorite food combo is french baguette with a good french cheese (comté, brie cheese, camembert...).

My goal:

I want to stay as lean as I am right now (sub 10% bodyfat is I'm right) but add some more mass. I will try to start a bulk next week, when I'm going on vacation in Lebanon, so I'll enjoy the food there.

Right now I'm ~73kg (160 lbs) and ~176 cm.
    I don't want to add too much weight because of the gymnastics.

Here are some picture that I took today, right after a high carb dinner. I don't know how to pose though, so don't judge me haha.

Front unflexed

Front flexed

Back

Arms

Random

That's pretty much all about me. I'll be as consistent as possible.

Have a good time lurking here, cheers.

BazingaO is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BazingaO is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BazingaO is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BazingaO is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BazingaO is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BazingaO is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BazingaO is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BazingaO is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BazingaO is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BazingaO is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BazingaO is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Today's macros:

2035 calories
    192 gr carbs
    184 gr protein
    56 gr fat

I was a bit lower than usual on protein, but it's because I skipped my breakfast.

Today's workout

I wasn't suppose to workout today, it's sunday and I was supposed to rest because I was really exhausted from the week. But my motivation was stronger than my laziness so I did a little workout though.

Pull ups: 12 sets of 12 reps
    Push ups: 10 sets of 30 reps
    Dumbell curl: 4 sets of 12 reps
    Lateral raises: 4 sets of 20 reps
    Front raises: 4 sets of 20 reps
    Some abs exercices: 8 sets of 30 reps

I'm pretty tired now, but I won't have time to rest because it's already monday, so there is another week waiting for me.

Pics of what I ate today:

Lunch (this was for my family, I ate green beans instead of the potatoes)

Dinner (first time having a sweet potatoe. I added peanut butter, cinnamon and truvia, amazing. Served with pork meat)

Made this for my family:

My dessert:

I always cook for my family, I love cooking.

Random thoughts

Eventhough I'm pretty tired, I'm also very happy. Why? Because first of all I'm glad than the Germany won the Worldcup because they were one of the best team of the championship and I don't like Argentina much, don't know why.
    Secondly, I'm flying to Lebanon on saturday. Can't wait to see my family, to enjoy the local food, the beach and above all the iron haha (not sure if serious).

Tomorrow I'll probably do some cardio and an outdoor workout since all the gyms, stores, etc are closed because of the national Day in France (14th July.)

themonkay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themonkay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themonkay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themonkay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themonkay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themonkay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themonkay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themonkay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themonkay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themonkay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themonkay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    this will be an interesting log to follow.
    im in
    ig: @monkaycrak

Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173015051

5/7/16 Meet Results: 391/237/534 @ 161.

9/24/16 Meet Results: 402/242/528 @ 159.

3/18/17 Meet Results: 402/253/545 @ 163.

Morning weight: 72.3 kg (159 pounds). I was like, WTF?.

Today's macros:
    1868 calories
    140 gr carbs
    222 gr protein
    45 gr fat

I was low on the calories today, because of my bro meals.

Today's workout:

Finally I was able to find a gym, the one where my buddy goes. I paid 5€ for the workout, but it was worth it. It was a chest workout, and I finished with some arms exercices.

Barbell bench press
    176 lbs : 4 sets of 12 reps

Flat dumbell fly
    50 lbs in each hand: 4 sets of 12 reps

Incline barbell bench press
    110 lbs: 4 sets of 12 reps

Flat dumbell bench press
    50 lbs in each hand: 4 sets of 12 reps

Cable crossover
    70 lbs in each hand: 4 sets of 12 reps

Machine pec fly

Dumbell alternate curls
    35 lbs in each hand: 4 sets of 12 reps

Rope triceps extension

No cardio today and no bodyweight exercises. It changes a bit.

Breakfast

Lunch

Cooked some treats for my family (cake base, dark chocolate mousse, white chocolate mousse/frosting, topped with cashews and chocolate chips)

Dinner Chicken salad, and a vanilla/coo greek yogurt with a vanilla/coco protein bar. The bar actually tasted like white chocolate, 7/10.

Post workout little pump

Random thoughts:

I assisted to the "Tour de France", because a part of the race took place in my street. It was funny to see them and to see all the "commercial cars" of all the sponsors.
    I also assisted to the firework of my city in honor of the national day.
    All in all it was a good day.

Good night everyone.
    Last edited by BazingaO; 07-15-2014 at 05:50 AM.

WMLifting is a name known to all. (+5000) WMLifting is a name known to all. (+5000) WMLifting is a name known to all. (+5000) WMLifting is a name known to all. (+5000) WMLifting is a name known to all. (+5000) WMLifting is a name known to all. (+5000) WMLifting is a name known to all. (+5000) WMLifting is a name known to all. (+5000) WMLifting is a name known to all. (+5000) WMLifting is a name known to all. (+5000) WMLifting is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Happily IN and prepared to lurk! I did a lot of martial arts when I was younger so seeing someone incorporate BW stuff is really enjoyable to me. I personally love BW exercises but have strayed from them over the years. Oh and the food is on point!
    My Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169516313

MMDELAD

Originally Posted by WMLifting View Post
    Happily IN and prepared to lurk! I did a lot of martial arts when I was younger so seeing someone incorporate BW stuff is really enjoyable to me. I personally love BW exercises but have strayed from them over the years. Oh and the food is on point!
    Oh nice to have you.
    You should consider reincorporating them, I find them very good for overall body/endurance/core and less boring than some lifting exercices.
    I started a log : http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=163001641

themonkay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themonkay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themonkay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themonkay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themonkay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themonkay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themonkay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themonkay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themonkay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themonkay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themonkay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by BazingaO View Post
    Cooked some treats for my family (cake base, dark chocolate mousse, white chocolate mousse/frosting, topped with cashews and chocolate chips)
    Dam! That looks Delicious!

Log:

CycoCyclone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CycoCyclone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CycoCyclone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CycoCyclone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CycoCyclone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CycoCyclone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CycoCyclone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CycoCyclone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CycoCyclone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CycoCyclone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CycoCyclone is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    In, just to see all the good food! haha jk, but will definitely follow!
    CyclONEnation

TypeNirvash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TypeNirvash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TypeNirvash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TypeNirvash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TypeNirvash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TypeNirvash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TypeNirvash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TypeNirvash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TypeNirvash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TypeNirvash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TypeNirvash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    In! You already have an awesome physique, interested to see how you handle your bulk as I'm in a similar situation.

Monks, and Cyco are subbin' this too? It's a party now!

EDIT: Love adding push-ups into my workouts! Found a kindred spirit

CycoCyclone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CycoCyclone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CycoCyclone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CycoCyclone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CycoCyclone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CycoCyclone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CycoCyclone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CycoCyclone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CycoCyclone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CycoCyclone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CycoCyclone is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by TypeNirvash View Post
    In! You already have an awesome physique, interested to see how you handle your bulk as I'm in a similar situation.

Monks, and Cyco are subbin' this too? It's a party now!

EDIT: Love adding push-ups into my workouts! Found a kindred spirit
    LOVE pushups. Suck at pull ups haha. I do lots of pushups with a weighted vest on, just kills ya. Been working on my pullup game and been getting better. There is just a lot to pull up haha.
    CyclONEnation

TypeNirvash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TypeNirvash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TypeNirvash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TypeNirvash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TypeNirvash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TypeNirvash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TypeNirvash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TypeNirvash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TypeNirvash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TypeNirvash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TypeNirvash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by CycoCyclone View Post
    LOVE pushups. Suck at pull ups haha. I do lots of pushups with a weighted vest on, just kills ya. Been working on my pullup game and been getting better. There is just a lot to pull up haha.
    Show-off, with your weighted vest lol I try to use weights as well.

As long as you keep at them, you'll be able to do them in no time! Just incorporate them into your workout more often!

It's really nice to have both of you. And thanks for the compliments, I appreciate!

Weighted pull-ups are the best haha.
    I'm a push-ups addict though, I do sets in my house whenever I'm bored/in front of the TV.

Have you ever tried rope climbing?

It's really nice to have both of you. And thanks for the compliments, I appreciate!

I'm a push-ups addict though, I do sets in my house whenever I'm bored/in front of the TV.

I've tried all of these--but weighted pull ups are definitely troublesome (which is weird, because I can do multiple sets of 15-20 pull ups no problem). Rope climbing is pretty fun, though.

Used to do something pretty similar in regards to push-ups... But now I just do them when I'm in the gym. Though, I have a couple of great push-up variations that are killer at the end of a chest workout!

No Longer Look Like This InItForFitness's Avatar
    InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    So glad to see you started a log brotha!
    I'm in
    �USMC (2009-2013) �

â–¬ *Former* Wanna-Be Powerlifter : Best Total : 1300 (440/320/540) @ 168lbs BW (W/ Wraps) â–¬

♦Currently full on dad-bod status (minus the dad part)

*NEW TRAINING LOG* ; https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178104781

Never done that. My school has a rock wall that I have been wanting to try out. So do you have a specific weight you are going for or more just going by the mirror/how you feel?
    CyclONEnation

Originally Posted by InItForFitness View Post
    So glad to see you started a log brotha!
    I'm in
    I was waiting for you haha, glad to have your support man.

Originally Posted by CycoCyclone View Post
    Never done that. My school has a rock wall that I have been wanting to try out. So do you have a specific weight you are going for or more just going by the mirror/how you feel?
    I don't know if it's exactly the same though...
    I have absolutely no specific weight no, I just go by the mirror and how I feel. I want to keep a bf under 10% (if it's the case right now) while adding some mass so I can appear wider.

I should do a bulk, but it's hard I don't know why. Everytime the end of the day is coming and I have a lot of calories/macros left, I say "oh it's better to be in a deficit, I'll shred some fat", stupid behavior.

Yesterday's morning weight: 72.4 kg (159.6 lbs)

Yesterday's macros:
    2102 calories
    125 gr carbs
    205 gr protein
    85 gr fat

Yesterday's workout:

It was an enjoyable workout since I've convinced my brother to come with me. We ran to a park, did a bodyweight workout there, and then ran back home.
    It's always nice to workout outdoor, with someone and when the sun is shining. You also get the occasion to tan, which is not negligible haha.

~6km running (3km go and 3km back)
    110 bodyweight dips
    110 bodyweight pull-ups (regular pull up, chin up and wide grip pull up)
    Some abs exercices (mainly leg raises)

The jogging killed us as it was very hot and the sun was shining a lot.

Pics of what I ate yesterday:

Morning

Lunch Nothing better than a barbecue with the family.

Snacks Salad, carrot, coffe, the rest of a chocolate sludge.

Dinner Mushrooms and onions omelette.

Workout misc

The place where I trained outdoor. The parc is a huge circle, and there are rings, parallel bar, a sakte park, etc... Even some cows.

Post workout pump/Daily progress pic

Random thoughts:

I can't remember what I was thinking yesterday and I didn't update my log yesterday night because I was with some friends.

Motivational music of the day:
    Last edited by BazingaO; 07-16-2014 at 09:23 AM.

InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Motivational music of the day:

There you go brah

Quote my post if you want to see how to embed them for future reference.

Nice training + food pron is on point.
    Really glad you started this log up!
    �USMC (2009-2013) �

â–¬ *Former* Wanna-Be Powerlifter : Best Total : 1300 (440/320/540) @ 168lbs BW (W/ Wraps) â–¬

^Oh yes I will, I have a lot to learn. I did an even worse edit haha.

Thanks man.
    Last edited by BazingaO; 07-16-2014 at 09:47 AM.

Morning weight: 72.2 kg (159.17 pound)

Today's macros
    2285 calories
    213 gr carbs
    234 gr protein
    52 gr fat

Today's workout:

I went to my gymnastic place, it's always good to workout there since I can combine bodyweight and lifting exercices. What I did:
    110 pull ups
    400 push ups
    100 jumping squat
    4 sets of 12 barbell curls
    4 sets of 20 front and lateral plate raises
    4 sets of 12 flat dumbell fly
    4 sets of 12 flat dumbell bench press
    Some abs exercises as usual

Pineapple and chocolate (cocoa powder). It looks awful but tasted pretty good.

Brosnacks: egg whites with canned tuna and sriracha.

First time attempting to make some caramel:

I literally failed, throw it into the trash and made another one, which I did pretty well.

Playing with desserts for my family:
    Homemade brownies with my homemade caramel, served with vanilla icecream and some peaches. I love cooking for others, as you can see.

EPIC dinner with my brother Behold the fajitas/burrito whatever you call it:

^Spiced chicken breast, guacamole, shredded cheese, salsa, greek yogurt, soooo freaking good.

Had 4 for like that, fit perfectly my macros haha. Two chicken and two with lean ground beef.

Random thoughts:

I really enjoyed the dinner with my brother, it was a funny moment to make fajitas in front of the TV. I'm also getting more skilled into the "patisserie" field so it's a good thing too.
    I'll try to do an outdoor workout tomorrow, as yesterday. I don't know if I'll be motivate enough, we'll see when the alarm will ring I guess.

And to finish, just a little car in the street:

Good night everyone.

And here are the desserts since 10 pictures per post is the limit (it's sad).

Didn't know which one was the most "aestethics" so I post them all, you judge haha.

hlss09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hlss09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hlss09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hlss09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hlss09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hlss09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hlss09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hlss09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hlss09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hlss09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hlss09 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hey bro check your PMs

Morning weight: 71.9 kg (158.51 lbs)

Today's macros
    2385 calories
    221 gr carbs
    213 gr protein
    71 gr fat

Today's workout:

I didn't hear the alarm clock so I didn't make my jogging + outdoor workout since I was too lazy during the day. I was really angry about myself haha.
    I finally decided to make some bodyweight/lifting workout in my backyard while my father was preparing the barbecue.
    What I did:
    200 push ups
    4*12 dumbell curls
    5*20 flat bench press (light weight)
    4*20 front and lateral plate raises
    Jumping rope
    Jumping squats
    Calf raises
    Some abs as usual (crunch, toe touches, leg raises...)

What I ate today:

Lunch Barbecue again with the family. Plus, we had two differents pies: a red fruits pie and a plums pie. The red fruit one was amazing.

Chicken, carrots and celeri.

Some sardines on side.

The dessert:

Dinner With my father. A massive 230gr tuna steak that I throw on the barbecue with some shrimps. Amazing.

And gotta get dem micros haha

Random thoughts:

Tomorrow is a big day, I'm going to an amusement park, on of the biggest in europe: Europa Park. It's in Germany, one hour by car from where I live. I hope it won't be too hot and there won't be too many people.
    I don't think any macros will be tracked tomorrow, but who cares right?

Good night.

>.> Still waiting for pictures of Europa Park, man!

Siobahn is just really nice. (+1000) Siobahn is just really nice. (+1000) Siobahn is just really nice. (+1000) Siobahn is just really nice. (+1000) Siobahn is just really nice. (+1000) Siobahn is just really nice. (+1000) Siobahn is just really nice. (+1000) Siobahn is just really nice. (+1000) Siobahn is just really nice. (+1000) Siobahn is just really nice. (+1000) Siobahn is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'm in brahh! I'm excited about your log, I should incorporate bodyweight exercises...
    *MMDELAD crew*

heaviest: 228lbs
    lightest: 107lbs
    Bulking!

Food pron ITT = Win.
    �USMC (2009-2013) �

Update is coming in several hours. Sorry for those who are following this log but I was very busy since thursday (amusement park, took the plane to go to my family, lunch/dinner withfamily..., etc..)

Originally Posted by Siobahn View Post
    I'm in brahh! I'm excited about your log, I should incorporate bodyweight exercises...
    Oh yeah, nice to have you in brah!
    And yes you definitely should, there is so much advantages.

Originally Posted by InItForFitness View Post
    Food pron ITT = Win.
    Thanks man, I try to keep the log enoyable for the lurkers haha.

jumping squats=no joke
    good stuff man

Log:

So okay, update of my log.

I was at Europa Park friday, so I didn't workout. It was a really nice day, not much people in the park, made all the best rollercoasters a lot of times. I walked a lot and it was very hot so it was a "cardio day" haha. Unfortunately I didn't take much pics because I didn't want to take my phone out of my bag.

Ice cream: melon, raspberry yogurt and in the biscuit chocolate stracciatella.

Chocolate churros, those crap are amazing.

A random food stand.

On saturday I didn't workout too because I was travelling all day. I flew to Lebanon in my family and the trip was really long (only 4 hours of plane) but we had a 7 hours escale in Istanbul. So we stopped at the starbucks in the airport.

Java chip, I forget what was the ingredients in there but it was a tasty frappucino.

A random turkey sandwich.

I'll update the next part tomorrow morning, my laptop is f*cking freezing and pictures are taking forever to upload.

Good night everybody, and thanks for lurking.

TL;DR: No workouts on friday nor saturday but al lot of fun, walking and foods.

Sounds like a good time man!
    CyclONEnation