Page 5 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast
    foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Fat improves everthing!!!!!
    Cooking with oil, butter, using full fat cheese or full fat ice cream...list goes on!

Hope the bday was good mate, shame about the dessert though hey. Least it was a great day @ the snow.

PR'ing again = progressssss.

brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by oats_addict View Post
    Hope you had a good Birthday bro!

Completely agree with peoples comments WRT me eating kangaroo all the time. Just not very common, no negativity or anything, but I love it. Need to get some more bush plum steaks before I leave.

Nice benching man! Solid numbers being thrown up there.
    Thanks man! Hittin PR's on bench is real motivating, it's definitely my most consistent lift I think

Funny how a couple years back I used to be totally against eating kangaroo as it is on our national emblem... lol excuses. It's too good a meat to pass up. The bush plum steaks are my personal favourite (albeit haven't tried the herb & garlic), haven't seen them around lately though... hope they still have 'em! I want to give the herb & garlic roasts a try - they're real cheap and pretty big, you had them?

Speaking of meat, if you haven't already give the Ingham brand turkey chorizo sausages a try before you leave Aus. Check woolies for them, they're awesome. aaand what type of bacon have you been using?

Originally Posted by foodpr0n View Post
    Fat improves everthing!!!!!
    Cooking with oil, butter, using full fat cheese or full fat ice cream...list goes on!

Hope the bday was good mate, shame about the dessert though hey. Least it was a great day @ the snow.

PR'ing again = progressssss.
    Yeah bud you know it. A bit hard to fit all these full fat meat and cheeses in since I've lowered my fat intake a bit to incorporate more carbs, just need to have less pb They're too good to pass up though honestly.

Btw grabbed some Don brand '50% less fat' salami yesterday, good stuff if you're a fan of salami. per 100g 13.7F/5.6C/23.1P, not sure how it compares to regular salami as didn't really bother checking lol but tastes good either way

Haha wasn't just the dessert really, the whole meal was pretty average... I was seriously throwing up between the pizza and lasagna as per your suggestion, shoulda gone with the lasagna! What was that recipe you mentioned?

Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Discovered the joy of full fats again on my rest days during my bulk. The meals you can cook with 100g+ fat available IS. INSANE. It basically almost becomes like untracked cooking again. Sloshing oil and cheese all over the place like you don't give a fck! Love it.

Happy birthday mate and can I say those burgers look offthechain good! Well done!

It's interesting you did assisted pull ups - just yesterday I rediscovered the awesomeness that is lat pulldowns. I totally agree with these lat exercises sometimes jerking your bodyweight around doesn't let you focus on the contraction as much. So I can totally understand why you would do assisted PUs.

foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Fav recipe on da earth!
    Ingredients
    -1 pack San Remo Lasagne Sheets (don't get a diff brand)
    -Grated cheddar/mozzarella & parmesan - either two (parmesan + another) or all three!!!

Meat
    500g minced meat...beef works best imo.
    1 onion
    2 cloves of garlic
    Napolitana jar of pasta sauce
    Salt and pepper

Chop your onion up and sautee in a pan with the garlic. Add the meat and brown it off. Add ~0.75 jar of the sauce (not too thick, not too runnny hard to explain - probably individual here though) and see how it is before adding moarrr. Salt and pepper that bish.

Cheese Sauce
    60g butter
    1/3c flour
    Salt and pepper
    pinch of nutmeg
    2 cups milk
    125g cheddar cheese
    22g parmesan cheese

Melt butter in a saucepan, add the flour, salt and pepper, nutmeg and stir until smooth over the heat for ~1min.
    Gradually add the milk and stir until sauce boils and thickens.
    Reduce heat and let it sit for ~1min still stirring.
    Remove from heat, add cheese until they melt.

Put it together
    Layer the bottom of the baking dish with some lasagne sheets.
    Add meat sauce
    Add cheese sauce
    Repeat until all gone and there is either just meat or cheese sauce exposed on the top layer.
    Add desired amount of cheddar/parmesan on top. (again, can use mozz, cheddar and parm or mozz and parm, or no parm.. but parm adds crunch)

Put it in a preheated oven @ 180 for 30-40 mins or until top is cooked how you like it!!

/Profit.
    Last edited by foodpr0n; 09-06-2011 at 05:33 PM.

Ryanmckd is just really nice. (+1000) Ryanmckd is just really nice. (+1000) Ryanmckd is just really nice. (+1000) Ryanmckd is just really nice. (+1000) Ryanmckd is just really nice. (+1000) Ryanmckd is just really nice. (+1000) Ryanmckd is just really nice. (+1000) Ryanmckd is just really nice. (+1000) Ryanmckd is just really nice. (+1000) Ryanmckd is just really nice. (+1000) Ryanmckd is just really nice. (+1000)
    Lasagne recipe

Fuark I was salivating reading that recipe haha, I seriously LOVE lasagne and I'm saving this recipe for down the track when my macros allow it. Have you used this recipe and did u track it? If so, what were the macros on it?
    WWW.3DMUSCLEJOURNEY.COM

TEAM 3DMJ

Originally Posted by Ryanmckd View Post

Fuark I was salivating reading that recipe haha, I seriously LOVE lasagne and I'm saving this recipe for down the track when my macros allow it. Have you used this recipe and did u track it? If so, what were the macros on it?
    That's the recipe mum has used since I can ever remember. 'Tis amazing.
    I never make it, lol - she does but with this recipe.

Serves about 6 'normal' sizes I think. I eat a quarter though.

Quickly just threw it all in calorieking and it really depends on how much cheese you use on top/full cream milk etc.
    Here it is with skim milk, and light coon tasty in the sauce and 240g cheese ontop, 100g full fat mozarella**, 100g light coon tasty and 40g worth of parmesan. Using Coles' 5 Star mince.

**full fat mozarella is totally worth it. The difference in calories isn't THAT much but the taste/melt is!! Also try to get cheese NOT pre-grated. The stuff that is already grated melts like crap compared....srs, they put some film on it or something so it doesn't stick to itself in the bag, you'll notice when you grate cheese yourself it will tend to stick to itself.

6 serves; each serve is 50g carb, 48g protein, 30g fat
    4 serves ; each serve is 75g carbs, 72g protein, 45g fat.

Lasagne and pasta bakes are like my all time favourite things.
    Creamy pasta bakes are so legit, you can make them decently low fat too (using low fat cooking cream/sour cream/5% philli and depending on the top layer of cheese)...but it's best when you can utilise dem fats! Hence, I try not to deviate too far from the original recipe for that lasagne. Mum asked me how to make it 'healthier' I just said, use skim milk, use 5 star mince and sub in some low fat cheddar, leave the rest cause I want it to taste amazing. Still does too.

brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Shazriki View Post
    Discovered the joy of full fats again on my rest days during my bulk. The meals you can cook with 100g+ fat available IS. INSANE. It basically almost becomes like untracked cooking again. Sloshing oil and cheese all over the place like you don't give a fck! Love it.

Happy birthday mate and can I say those burgers look offthechain good! Well done!

It's interesting you did assisted pull ups - just yesterday I rediscovered the awesomeness that is lat pulldowns. I totally agree with these lat exercises sometimes jerking your bodyweight around doesn't let you focus on the contraction as much. So I can totally understand why you would do assisted PUs.
    thanks bud.

Haha yeah, I've kind of unintentionally been doing a bit of a leangains approach myself with higher fats on off days, simply because it's easier that way. like today for example I was at uni all day so I prefer to just go higher fats so I don't have to cram in too much food at home. 100g+ is insane dude, I think I'll make that a goal of mine.

My mate and I commented on exactly that WRT pullups yesterday. Gotta say I think I enjoyed the swap actually, I had awesome DOMS in my lats today! Sometimes it's good to throw a few diff exercises in.

Originally Posted by Ryanmckd View Post
    Fuark I was salivating reading that recipe
    agreed.

Fav recipe on da earth!
    Ingredients
    -1 pack San Remo Lasagne Sheets (don't get a diff brand)
    -Grated cheddar/mozzarella & parmesan - either two (parmesan + another) or all three!!!

Meat
    500g minced meat...beef works best imo.
    1 onion
    2 cloves of garlic
    Napolitana jar of pasta sauce
    Salt and pepper

Chop your onion up and sautee in a pan with the garlic. Add the meat and brown it off. Add ~0.75 jar of the sauce (not too thick, not too runnny hard to explain - probably individual here though) and see how it is before adding moarrr. Salt and pepper that bish.

Cheese Sauce
    60g butter
    1/3c flour
    Salt and pepper
    pinch of nutmeg
    2 cups milk
    125g cheddar cheese
    22g parmesan cheese

Melt butter in a saucepan, add the flour, salt and pepper, nutmeg and stir until smooth over the heat for ~1min.
    Gradually add the milk and stir until sauce boils and thickens.
    Reduce heat and let it sit for ~1min still stirring.
    Remove from heat, add cheese until they melt.

Put it together
    Layer the bottom of the baking dish with some lasagne sheets.
    Add meat sauce
    Add cheese sauce
    Repeat until all gone and there is either just meat or cheese sauce exposed on the top layer.
    Add desired amount of cheddar/parmesan on top. (again, can use mozz, cheddar and parm or mozz and parm, or no parm.. but parm adds crunch)

Put it in a preheated oven @ 180 for 30-40 mins or until top is cooked how you like it!!

/Profit.
    has to be san remo lasagne sheets?

sounds awesome, will get on it asap. I've got a few kilos of kangaroo mince to get through so we'll see how it goes. would've done it tonight but couldn't remember what I needed lol

That's the recipe mum has used since I can ever remember. 'Tis amazing.
    I never make it, lol - she does but with this recipe.

Serves about 6 'normal' sizes I think. I eat a quarter though.

Quickly just threw it all in calorieking and it really depends on how much cheese you use on top/full cream milk etc.
    Here it is with skim milk, and light coon tasty in the sauce and 240g cheese ontop, 100g full fat mozarella**, 100g light coon tasty and 40g worth of parmesan. Using Coles' 5 Star mince.

**full fat mozarella is totally worth it. The difference in calories isn't THAT much but the taste/melt is!! Also try to get cheese NOT pre-grated. The stuff that is already grated melts like crap compared....srs, they put some film on it or something so it doesn't stick to itself in the bag, you'll notice when you grate cheese yourself it will tend to stick to itself.

6 serves; each serve is 50g carb, 48g protein, 30g fat
    4 serves ; each serve is 75g carbs, 72g protein, 45g fat.

Lasagne and pasta bakes are like my all time favourite things.
    Creamy pasta bakes are so legit, you can make them decently low fat too (using low fat cooking cream/sour cream/5% philli and depending on the top layer of cheese)...but it's best when you can utilise dem fats! Hence, I try not to deviate too far from the original recipe for that lasagne. Mum asked me how to make it 'healthier' I just said, use skim milk, use 5 star mince and sub in some low fat cheddar, leave the rest cause I want it to taste amazing. Still does too.
    one of my old favourites was my mums tuna pasta bake, haven't had it in yonks. Best low fat cooking cream is philadelphia, it tastes great and as far as I've seen is the best macros for a cooking cream, and yeah not to mention weight watchers sour cream and of course, 5% philli

Also, agree 100% on the mozzarella, the difference is about 50 calories and the taste and melt is WELL worth it, in fact I'd say for the melt alone it is. Btw I think you're referring to the coles brand mozzarella that melts crap? In my experience the coles brand mozzarella has the lamest melt ever, haven't tried grating my own I usually get mainland or perfect italiano >>> both have a great melt, but mainland is the best.

Also, since I'm here may as well do a quick food update >>>> a few goodies

pre bed (last night) - sweet chilli & sour cream & ham bagel, crumpet with golden syrup

Chocolate hazelnut oats with nutella -
    used up half of my choco hazelnut milk for this, was amazing

The elvis (minus the banana) - super crunchy pb, full fat bacon, honey

Just had this before, holy FUARK!!!!!!!!

its not just water weight Webber91's Avatar
    Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Hope you had a sweet bday man!

I must be the only one who prefers the taste of low fat stuff on here lol the only full fat things I like are ice cream and nut butters, everything else I like the 'fake' alternatives

Buffalonian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buffalonian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buffalonian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buffalonian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buffalonian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buffalonian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buffalonian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buffalonian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buffalonian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buffalonian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buffalonian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Ridiculous food in this log. Need you to put together a cook book. Good stuff brother!

Thursday, September 8th

Lower

Deadlift
    125kgx6 PR
    130kgx6 PR
    130kgx6
    130kgx3

Seated Leg Press
    170kgx12
    170kgx9
    170kgx7.5

Leg Curl
    55x12
    55x12
    55x9

Seated Calf
    120kgx12
    120kgx7
    120kgx7

Standing Calf
    65x12
    70x11 PR
    70x9

Today was one of those epic workouts where apart from a few kefuffles everything felt right. I moved the weight up on DL's, went with 5kg extra at first to play it safe and hit 6 reps so moved it up to 130kg, they felt good. Apart from on my first set for 130 they were scraping my legs insanely, so I tried to fix up my stance so they wouldn't scrape my legs so bad, I think it has to do with my hernia. I feel I may subconsciously compensate for it by letting it rip my legs up, my 3rd and 4th sets were much better. After reading some random PL'ing thread I had a great lot of motivation which really helped with focus today... I said to myself that every lift I took was a blessing, and that I absolutely cannot take it for granted, inb4religiouspoof. Leg pressing was increeeeedible, again I didn't focus on a rep number, but instead just closed my eyes and hoped for the best, I hit a PR but I'm pretty positive it is simply because we didn't squat before them. Gotta say I've never enjoyed leg press as much as I am at the moment, I've switched to using the advanced zone machine which lets me get so deep it feels freaking insane. Leg curls were pretty decent, trying to make sure I focus entirely on my hammies and use the least amount of body momentum as possible, I lol'd hard at some of the old folks who I've seen on it who look like they're f!cking the machine or something. Seated and standing calves again were bloody tough, 20 second rest breaks is the best. I decided on moving the weight up a plate on standing calf, so hit a weight PR there which is awesome because I haven't moved any weights up for calves for as long as I can remember. All in all really awesome, motivating workout today.

Going to be heading up to Sydney this weekend to see Above & Beyond, so yeah... should be quite an awesome time!

Nutrition

Double kangaroo burger w/ grilled mushrooms, swiss & american cheese

Also had a little shop and found coke zero with vanilla! (also posted in the aus thread)

my cat Pinky makes a cameo

Bought some of the perfect italiano extra light ricotta, I seem to recall weber saying to mix it with nutella so thought it'd be worth a try. Wasn't sure on whether to get the light or extra light, considering it's going to be mixed with nutella I doubt it'll taste bad anyway lolz

Originally Posted by Webber91 View Post
    Hope you had a sweet bday man!

I must be the only one who prefers the taste of low fat stuff on here lol the only full fat things I like are ice cream and nut butters, everything else I like the 'fake' alternatives
    thanks bro, bday was great.

I honestly can't think of any instance where a low fat product is better than it's full fat counterpart... not that lower fat variety stuff is bad, I mean I regularly consume lower fat stuff. Ice cream I've found is something though where the lower fat variety is very easy to tolerate as compared to higher fat stuff.

Originally Posted by Buffalonian View Post
    Ridiculous food in this log. Need you to put together a cook book. Good stuff brother!
    Haha thanks mate! I think it'd be about 2 pages long lol

adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000)
    dude i love this log !

havnt been in men for ages because of dieting :|

whats the strawberry cream cheese ? mixed strawberrys with 5% philli ?
    MUTANT ATHLETE

STRONGLIFTWEAR ATHLETE

instagram-- http://instagram.com/adamroch18

Friday, September 9th

Upper

Weight - 74.2

DB Shoulder press
    22.5kgx11
    22.5kgx9
    22.5kgx8

Pulldown
    11ppsx12
    11ppsx10
    11ppsx8

BB Bench
    85kgx7
    85kgx6.5
    85kgx6
    85kgx5.5

Seated Row
    70x8
    70x8
    70x7
    70x6

Kneeling triceps
    7 x 8
    6 x 12

Preacher
    45x15x2 PR

misc ab work, didn't track

Waking up this morning my traps and lower back were hammered from DL's yesterday, feels good ... alas, pretty much a failure of a workout today. Basically every lift was worse than last time. Just one of those days, I really tried to not let it get to me, but I just didn't have it in me. Really bloody annoying. The only redeeming thing was a PR on preacher curls, which I hit 2 sets of 15 on, meaning I'll move it up a plate next time. I guess not every workout can be a winner though. Looking at the bright side, it'll make me push that much harder next week.

Nutrition

Beef bolognese -

Also, FINALLY my shipment of MM arrived today... got a choc caramel pecan and vanilla. Both taste spectacular, muscle milk has yet to let me down so far

Originally Posted by adamrochester View Post
    dude i love this log !

havnt been in men for ages because of dieting :|

whats the strawberry cream cheese ? mixed strawberrys with 5% philli ?
    ah mate keep pushing through it! what date is your show? Judging by avi your gonna kill it I reckon!!

strawberry cream cheese is the easiest thing ever, seriously recommend trying it too, its DELICIOUS. 5% philli + splenda + strawberry essence. I use about 3 packs of splenda more or less per 40g cream cheese (ish), throw a bit of essence in there and mix it up. Any essence should work as well, I've only tried vanilla and strawberry so far but both = fantastic results. Sold at coles, get on 'em!

Monday, September 12

Absolutely incredible weekend, probably the funnest weekend I've ever had in fact, will be seeing above & beyond again for sure next chance I get. Crap loads of big guys with there shirts off though lol.

Lower

Weight - 73.9

Hack squats
    90kgx8x2 (+4 negs after each set)
    100kgx8 weight pr
    100kgx6

Leg Press
    170kgx12 pr - after hack squats
    170kgx6.5
    170kgx6 + 120kgx8

Leg extension
    11.5x8 pr
    11x8x2
    11x7.5

Leg Curl
    55x12
    55x11
    55x9

Standing Calf
    70x15, 12, 8, 9

So after a long, long weekend I was keen to get back into the workout groove. I said to myself that it was going to be balls to the wall today, number of reps doesn't matter, as long as it's hurting unbearably, and I'm pushing past that point of no return, then I'm gold. Hack squats did 2 sets of 8 on 90kg plus some negs afterward and thought it was time to move it up, so I threw on 100kg. I decided against doing negatives on these however, because I found that they were just making me out of breath, more than anything. Third and fourth set of hack squats felt awesome, best ones in a long time. Seated leg press was fcuking insane, I quite honestly felt like I was going to blow up during that last half rep on my second set. Every damn rep on that last set was excruciatingly difficult, but after watching some inspirational vids last night I said to myself that if I wanted it as badly as I wanted to breath, then I'll get it, and I wasn't done after those 6 reps so threw off 50kg and did a drop set of 8 on 120kg, which I immediately regretted lol. Limped on over to leg extensions, accidentally PR'd when I didn't realise there was an extra 5lb plate thrown on. Leg curls were amazing, really felt like the best burn I've had in my hammies... ever. Standing calf was freaking awesome as well, 20 second rest breaks and it felt awesome to hit those numbers. Now that I've killed my legs, it's onto a fcuk load of study catch up time! Yay

Nutrition

Brekky at an awesome little cafe in Sydney.French toast with bacon, caramelised banana & fruit salad on the side, all topped with maple syrup

sweet chilli, sour cream & ricotta beef burger

PWO today, back to basics - 'roo stirfry

P.S ricotta + nutella is freaking awesome... seriously! Thanks Kyle for the suggestion

oats_addict is just really nice. (+1000) oats_addict is just really nice. (+1000) oats_addict is just really nice. (+1000) oats_addict is just really nice. (+1000) oats_addict is just really nice. (+1000) oats_addict is just really nice. (+1000) oats_addict is just really nice. (+1000) oats_addict is just really nice. (+1000) oats_addict is just really nice. (+1000) oats_addict is just really nice. (+1000) oats_addict is just really nice. (+1000)
    Dude what ricotta do you get? I usually get the reduced fat stuff from the deli, but they didnt have any today, so bout a tub, cant remember the name, from the fridges. The texture difference is crazy, the one from the deli is a lot firmer, this new one freaked me out. Like really sloppy CC.
    Also, where abouts are those turkey chorizos you mentioned? I cant find them in a number of coles/woolies.

Would have loved to have gone A&B, bet it was a sick night.

Nice leg day too man, love accidental PR's.

EDIT: I see you wrote in shaz's log about Zelda. Man I loved them games! Thinking of getting both of them out from the loft and sitting for a week straight whilst not at work and completeing them again. Favourite one?
    Last edited by oats_addict; 09-11-2011 at 09:52 PM.
    140bpm all day every day

Dude what ricotta do you get? I usually get the reduced fat stuff from the deli, but they didnt have any today, so bout a tub, cant remember the name, from the fridges. The texture difference is crazy, the one from the deli is a lot firmer, this new one freaked me out. Like really sloppy CC.
    Also, where abouts are those turkey chorizos you mentioned? I cant find them in a number of coles/woolies.

Would have loved to have gone A&B, bet it was a sick night.

Nice leg day too man, love accidental PR's.

EDIT: I see you wrote in shaz's log about Zelda. Man I loved them games! Thinking of getting both of them out from the loft and sitting for a week straight whilst not at work and completeing them again. Favourite one?
    haha accidental pr's ftw

Yeah man A&B was fcuking insane, you should have gone!

The sausages are sold at my local Woolworths in the meat section... it's a shame because others have said they've had trouble finding them so I guess they're only available at select woolworths??

The ricotta I got was the perfect italiano extra light stuff, it's definintely not like regular ricotta, much more of a 'spreadable' ricotta I suppose. I've never been a regular consumer of it but it is seriously great mixed with nutella as a spread for toast or crumpets, I'm sure there are plenty more uses for it... maybe with some pb for a reduced fat pb spread, or maple syrup, mixed with sludge... the possibilities are endless!!

That sounds like an awesome plan, favourite zelda has got to be ocarina, can't tell you how many hours I spent on that game lol.

Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Hacks looking ferocious, closing in on that 1.5bw milestone. Really sounds like you're mastering the mental side of lifting judging by your posts/PRs, every day you seem to be full of piss and vinegar And accidental PRs ftw: what the mind doesn't know the body gets away with!

That french toast/banana combo looks too good to be real. I want to make friends with it.

Zelda is an awesome series too. Hands down the Zelda and FF series shaped my childhood Ocarina of time definitely wins out on all the other ones though, epic story, the graphics raised the bar for RPGs of the time, puzzles were insane, bosses were innovative etc. etc. etc. etc. It was all golden. I must confess that I bought a strategy guide when I reached the water temple as adult link. I simply could not get past that phucking dungeon without some help.

Jonesy08 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jonesy08 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jonesy08 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jonesy08 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jonesy08 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jonesy08 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jonesy08 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jonesy08 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jonesy08 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jonesy08 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jonesy08 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Saw your posts in the 'people who live in Australia thread' and thought I'd read up on your bulk. Good stuff man!

Plus it's nice to not have to convert everything from lbs to kg's every time a read a training post.
    Repping BTK'ers and Aussies on sight.....

BLEED TIME KREW (BTK)

Quick update...

dinner tonight - pikelets topped with ricotta/caramel mix, bacon & bananas fried in bacon fat, topped with splenda + cinnamon

macros today were - 72F/400C/185P

Originally Posted by Shazriki View Post
    Hacks looking ferocious, closing in on that 1.5bw milestone. Really sounds like you're mastering the mental side of lifting judging by your posts/PRs, every day you seem to be full of piss and vinegar And accidental PRs ftw: what the mind doesn't know the body gets away with!

That french toast/banana combo looks too good to be real. I want to make friends with it.

Zelda is an awesome series too. Hands down the Zelda and FF series shaped my childhood Ocarina of time definitely wins out on all the other ones though, epic story, the graphics raised the bar for RPGs of the time, puzzles were insane, bosses were innovative etc. etc. etc. etc. It was all golden. I must confess that I bought a strategy guide when I reached the water temple as adult link. I simply could not get past that phucking dungeon without some help.
    Thanks mate, didn't actually realise about that 1.5xbw thing lol, that gives me something to aim for!

All my mental energy is garnered through a combo of self motivation/reading others logs (yours included), so it's great that we can all motivate eachother I guess lately I've kind of realised that once you put all the bullsh!t aside, it comes down to how badly you want it... and right now there's nothing I want more!

the french toast was unbelieeevable! Forgot how amazing real maple syrup is, haven't used it in forever

I only ever got into FF7, but i LOVED it, never played any of the other final fantasies. The water temple was by far the hardest part if I recall, I can't exactly remember why... think it had something to do with changing the water levels?? I remember the shadow temple scaring the f!ck out of me lol, those hands that grabbed you from above!! Good god what an amazing game, I have to play it again!

Originally Posted by Jonesy08 View Post
    Saw your posts in the 'people who live in Australia thread' and thought I'd read up on your bulk. Good stuff man!

Plus it's nice to not have to convert everything from lbs to kg's every time a read a training post.
    always great to have another aussie on board! Haha yeah I get the same thing every time I read up on everybody else's logs, I'll never convert to lb's!!

oats_addict is just really nice. (+1000) oats_addict is just really nice. (+1000) oats_addict is just really nice. (+1000) oats_addict is just really nice. (+1000) oats_addict is just really nice. (+1000) oats_addict is just really nice. (+1000) oats_addict is just really nice. (+1000) oats_addict is just really nice. (+1000) oats_addict is just really nice. (+1000) oats_addict is just really nice. (+1000) oats_addict is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by brendbro View Post
    The sausages are sold at my local Woolworths in the meat section... it's a shame because others have said they've had trouble finding them so I guess they're only available at select woolworths??

The ricotta I got was the perfect italiano extra light stuff, it's definintely not like regular ricotta, much more of a 'spreadable' ricotta I suppose. I've never been a regular consumer of it but it is seriously great mixed with nutella as a spread for toast or crumpets, I'm sure there are plenty more uses for it... maybe with some pb for a reduced fat pb spread, or maple syrup, mixed with sludge... the possibilities are endless!!

That sounds like an awesome plan, favourite zelda has got to be ocarina, can't tell you how many hours I spent on that game lol.
    Hmm yeah cant seem to find the chorizos. Will keep looking though. Thats the same ricotta as I got, the Extra-Light one. Spread a load of it, with some sweetener, on a toasted Bagel House Blueberry Bagel. Not too bad at all. Been dying to try those Blueberry Bagels since getting here. Look and smell awesome.

Haha cant wait to bust out Zelda. gonna be sweet playing it none stop for a week on a 50" TV. Shame the not so-HD graphics wont be there, but thats what makes it such a class game. Actually cant wait.

Ill risk the neg train, but I have NEVER played any FF's. Uh-oh....

(I agree with you and Jonesy re: converting everything to lbs. I'm a kg kinda guy through and through!)
    140bpm all day every day

Tuesday, September 13

Upper

BB Bench
    85kgx8
    85kgx7 PR
    85kgx6.5
    75kgx6

Seated Row
    70x8x4 PR + drop set of 8 on 45

DB Incline
    25kgx8.5
    25kgx9
    25kgx9.5

Assisted Pullups
    23kgx10.5 PR
    23kgx9
    23kgx8

Preacher curl
    50x12 weight pr
    50x10

What a long day, uni in the morning/arvo, then straight to gym then straight to work, had no time to eat... but a GREAT workout, very f*cking awesome actually. Hit a PR on bench, it felt extra awesome considering how sh!t I did on last friday's upper session. Seated rows were HELL YES great, 4 sets of 8 on 70 baby, followed immediately with a drop set on 45... these felt too easy, time to move that weight up. DB incline suuucked, did worse than last time sadly, after 2 sets I was so upset with myself, I threw EVERYTHING i had into that last set, managed out 9 and almost a 10th but still not quite what I managed last time... it's funny that I got more as the sets progressed though. Decided on assisted pullups again instead of pulldowns, which will probably be a regular thing for 1 upper body session a week. The burn in my lats was fcuking insane, hit a PR and holy shiat my back has never felt this uncomfortably messed up in SO long, god its GOOD!!!! Moved the weight up on preacher curls after hitting 2 sets for 15 last friday, pretty satisfied with how f!cked my biceps felt afterward. Unfortunately I was in a mega rush and was already late to work so had no time for triceps, will just have to train them extra hard on friday. Back is absolutely destroyed now, YEAH!

Nutrition

Macros - 72F/402C/180P

Nothing too fancy in the kitchen today, didn't really have a chance to cook, basically ate bagels, bananas and protein shakes lol

Dinner - kangaroo & mushroom cashew masala

Hmm yeah cant seem to find the chorizos. Will keep looking though. Thats the same ricotta as I got, the Extra-Light one. Spread a load of it, with some sweetener, on a toasted Bagel House Blueberry Bagel. Not too bad at all. Been dying to try those Blueberry Bagels since getting here. Look and smell awesome.

Haha cant wait to bust out Zelda. gonna be sweet playing it none stop for a week on a 50" TV. Shame the not so-HD graphics wont be there, but thats what makes it such a class game. Actually cant wait.

Ill risk the neg train, but I have NEVER played any FF's. Uh-oh....

(I agree with you and Jonesy re: converting everything to lbs. I'm a kg kinda guy through and through!)
    I've tried the ricotta now mixed with nutella, wicked caramel dip, and peanut butter... all taste great! Try half:half ratios with some sweetner thrown in, I can imagine it'd be so bloody useful for cutting if you were craving some pb.

Man gotta love blueberry bagels! I bought some after work tonight actually, haven't had these ones before. They don't seem like they're as good as the ones that are sold at coles but they're from a local bakery so I thought I'd give 'em a try.

holy sh!t @ zelda on a 50" TV, all the games graphical mishaps will suddenly be far more apparent, but as you said that's what makes it such a classic haha. If I wasn't coming up to mid semester exams I'd grab the n64 and get going, I'm dying for some now!
    Last edited by brendbro; 09-13-2011 at 04:38 AM.

Not sure if this is the appropriate place to post this, but f!ck it it's my log.

I've mentioned before that I write music... never really done anything with it though. I finally decided to get some of my more finished stuff online, so I'll post the URL to it here, and if you got the time of day give it a listen.

http://soundcloud.com/brendbro/war-cow

Figured I'd post the title track to 1 of my 2 (hypothetical) albums titled 'War Cow', because it's actually helped me quite a bit at pumping me up during a workout, so it's more appropriate here It was mainly influenced by 'Immediate' (who write all that epic sounding stuff you hear in LOTR ads). I've got a few other songs posted up which are on a playlist to the right in the above link.

P.S here be the album artworks -

first album (War Cow)

second album (Into The Unknown)

Also, my main influences are Dream Theater and Iron Maiden... but a lot of the stuff I write varies widely as I like challenging myself to write different sorts of stuff.
    Last edited by brendbro; 09-13-2011 at 06:47 AM.

alexalive will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexalive will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexalive will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexalive will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexalive will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexalive will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexalive will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexalive will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexalive will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexalive will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexalive will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    awesome log man!
    this your second cycle of lyle's routine?
    interested to know what you think of it since I'll hopefully be rocking it once my hand heals up

and holy fcuk do you smash down some roo, what do you get it for per kg where you live?

EDIT: ....ff7... favourite game of all time haha. weird to see bb'ers discuss this
    i was never shown the beauty of zelda
    + (apologies for offtopic)
    Last edited by alexalive; 09-13-2011 at 06:59 AM.
    Actions speak louder than words.

Originally Posted by alexalive View Post
    awesome log man!
    this your second cycle of lyle's routine?
    interested to know what you think of it since I'll hopefully be rocking it once my hand heals up

and holy fcuk do you smash down some roo, what do you get it for per kg where you live?
    Thanks for checking the log out mate!

cheers bud, indeed my 2nd cycle yeah! I can definitely recommend it, not that I've tried much else (aside from devising my own routine... obvious fail ) but it's working out awesomely so far. I'll say that for me it took a bit to get accustomed to working legs twice a week, as well as customising the routine to see what works for myself and what doesn't, but atm I think it's going well.

Yeah roo is just about the only meat I eat, same with bacon but that's more for the flavour really. Occasionally I'll get chicken but rarely stray from kangaroo. I get it for $7.50 a kilo at Coles.

franko man is just really nice. (+1000) franko man is just really nice. (+1000) franko man is just really nice. (+1000) franko man is just really nice. (+1000) franko man is just really nice. (+1000) franko man is just really nice. (+1000) franko man is just really nice. (+1000) franko man is just really nice. (+1000) franko man is just really nice. (+1000) franko man is just really nice. (+1000) franko man is just really nice. (+1000)
    Subbed Mate!
    I fricken LOVE your eats here, very similar to what I eat on a daily basis! Except I can't stand Kangaroo mince and always opt for beef. Roo burgers are awesome though
    mirin your caramelised banana, haven't had bananas for 2 months since I've arrived Melbourne lol.

Glad that the current workout routine's working for ya! Keep up the great work, the great eats and we'll have a great competition. Good luck. Cheers mate!
    IIFYM - Try to get most of your macros from whole foods. They are high in micronutrients and are needed to maintain overall health

Originally Posted by franko man View Post
    Subbed Mate!
    I fricken LOVE your eats here, very similar to what I eat on a daily basis! Except I can't stand Kangaroo mince and always opt for beef. Roo burgers are awesome though
    mirin your caramelised banana, haven't had bananas for 2 months since I've arrived Melbourne lol.

Glad that the current workout routine's working for ya! Keep up the great work, the great eats and we'll have a great competition. Good luck. Cheers mate!
    Great to have you here! Roo mince is great once you get past the smell, for the price and taste it is WELL worth it. Yeah banana prices suck, bought a couple of kilos of 'em from work for $4.99 a kilo! Couldn't pass it up, now I have to find ways of using them all up quickly lol.

Thursday, September 15

Lower

Weight - 75.4

Deadlift
    130kgx6
    130kgx6
    130kgx6
    130kgx5 PR

Seated Leg Press
    170kgx12
    170kgx12 PR
    170kgx10

Leg curl
    55x12
    55x12
    55x10

Seated Calf
    120x12
    120x8

Standing calf
    70x12
    70x9
    70x8

DL's are feeling better as the weeks go on, not only am I getting more for reps, but I've been able to avoid a bit of leg scrape thankfully. The DOMS the following day have been KILLER as well, love it. Got 2 more reps this week, and all around they felt more controlled, and just in general better than last time. I was pretty intimidated by seated leg press today, I got through 2 sets and wasn't really happy with myself however, I stopped and reminded myself that I am here doing this because I love it, I'm not being forced to be here... so stop f!cking complaining and give it your best while you still have a chance to. That third set for 10 felt amazing, I cannot describe how painful the last rep was, I got to my ninth and did not believe I had another in me at all, but figured I'd go for one just for the burn. I gritted my fcuking teeth, and pushed with everything I had... I was a mess, and to my surprise I eventually finished that last rep. Leg curls were decent, but the damn machine kept riding into my shoes which was irritating, still got a great burn and PR, hopefully will be able to move it up soon enough. Seated calf and standing calf were with 20 second rest breaks, they huuuuurt. On my last set of standing calf I collapsed off the machine, kind of embarrassing but whatever, it's all in the name of a good workout.

I forgot to mention it here but (as per sig) I'm currently competing in the nutrition forum tournament so should be fun, bit of extra motivation!

Nutrition

Macros - 70F/408C/180P

Kangaroo sweet chilli & sour cream fettucine -

pizza bagel w/ salami, swiss cheese, bacon & fried onions -

What macros do you use for bacon? I can never find any similar ones. I agree on the blueberry bagels, they taste so good when they are toasted. Had them with cream cheese yesterday Pre WO, was pretty dam good.
    Ha, cant wait for Zelda either. Gonna be me sat in my pants all day in front of the tele, sorted.

Nice write up of the session too man, very Webber inspired and it suits, sounds brutal.

Think im gonna be having my last dosage of 'roo tonight. Gonna go for the bush plum steaks, after having the herb and garlic ones last night. It will be emotional.

Good luck with the comp too, I meant to enter it, but completely forgot over the weekend.
    140bpm all day every day

chuyortiz is just really nice. (+1000) chuyortiz is just really nice. (+1000) chuyortiz is just really nice. (+1000) chuyortiz is just really nice. (+1000) chuyortiz is just really nice. (+1000) chuyortiz is just really nice. (+1000) chuyortiz is just really nice. (+1000) chuyortiz is just really nice. (+1000) chuyortiz is just really nice. (+1000) chuyortiz is just really nice. (+1000) chuyortiz is just really nice. (+1000)
    great log! great eats and awesome PR'S ..im also running lyles routine and Love it! Im on my 7th week of first cycle. good luck in your journey bro! Im also doing about the same macros. 75f/400c/200p .

Mate....you are KILLING it in here as of late!!!!!

I liked the song too, massive build up eeeepppppiiiiiccc!

Ryanmckd is just really nice. (+1000) Ryanmckd is just really nice. (+1000) Ryanmckd is just really nice. (+1000) Ryanmckd is just really nice. (+1000) Ryanmckd is just really nice. (+1000) Ryanmckd is just really nice. (+1000) Ryanmckd is just really nice. (+1000) Ryanmckd is just really nice. (+1000) Ryanmckd is just really nice. (+1000) Ryanmckd is just really nice. (+1000) Ryanmckd is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by alexalive View Post
    EDIT: ....ff7... favourite game of all time haha. weird to see bb'ers discuss this
    ff7 was awesome, so many hours spent on that game.
    WWW.3DMUSCLEJOURNEY.COM

TEAM 3DMJ