Page 35 of 67 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1982
    foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    ..may need to jump on dat were 5/3/1! excited for 2 plates mate.

Re: Tracking.. I just ditched the scale. But, I still track.
    Using myfitnesspal iphone app.
    Just take a punt, but it's not hard. Only thing I measure is oats and 60g is like 3/4c and 80ishg is 1c lol.

If a recipe (risotto last night for instance) says 2 cups raw rice, 2 tbspn of oil, and 800g chicken or whatever.
    The meal is meant for 4 ppl, I eat a slightly larger portion. So i just say I had a third (divide by 3 for everything) as sis and mum don't eat so much, simple Find value for 2/3 cup raw arborio, 12g olive oil, 265g chicken annnd I'm done!
    ps: if you find smoked chicken breast....get it!! fkucmeomfg

macros went out the window with large cold rock after though

Apples, eggs, bread, veg (*know what 100g is and can decipher how much), cereal +ice cream (can eyeball these literally perfectly and **), scoop of protein, can estimate cheese etc..... all easy -> protein I already shoot for 1.5g/lb pro so I know if estimates are under I have enough.

**I aim for maint cals, and this has been leading, IMO, to a slight surplus due to errors. Y'know little underestimates leading to real intake being 100-300cal more.

Works for me!!

brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Ryanmckd View Post
    5/3/1 seems to be working wonders for you mate. I'll be starting 5/3/1 this week as it seems like a solid routine focusing on progressive overload on the main lifts but still allowing freedom to get creative with the accessory lifts to keep things from getting stale and boring.

As for the macro tracking, I went from weighing and tracking everything whilst dieting to using spoon/cup and large/medium/small measurements which was more hassle then weighing out foods as I'd be washing like 3 sets of bloody measuring cups a day lol. Now I am just weighing everything except fruit/veg which I just found the macros for a large piece of whatever fruit or veg I'm after and then even if the size of the fruit/veg I buy varies I'll have accounted for the largest size. I found weighing out fruit/veg to be the most tedious part, especially when your eating lots of different veges per day so this is probably how I'll go about tracking my nutrition from now on.
    That is my absolute favourite thing about 5/3/1. Focusing on nothing but 1 compound exercise each workout allows not only for so much intensity and focus during that lift, but also so much freedom afterwards which keeps things from getting boring - which in turn allows for even further intensity/motivation/focus.

Couldn't agree more with you re; tracking fruits & veggies. Been eating a fuk ton more fruit lately, which I think is due to the fact that I had subconsciously avoided eating more because it would more complicated for me to track, so right there is a HUGE con in tracking, at least for me personally. As for now I don't think I'll use fitday any longer, and in fact I'm feeling very adament about any sort of 'on paper' tracking as it will just cause undue stress. I will say though I threw in my breakfast numbers this morning. I had guesstimated approx 550 and it was only 430; mightn't seem like a large discrepancy in isolation but take that I most likely make these sorts of errors with each and every meal, and it all adds up... hence I need to find some in between that works for me.

Originally Posted by jzpowahz View Post
    awesome benching man! Won't be long til you hit the triple figures!

How good are dragon flags!!! The only exercise I've found that is as hard is the front lever. And these are easier on you're neck (no load) so I tend to do them more often. Have a go if you want to mix it up Plus people ask you if you're in the circus or something
    Holy shyte dragon flags are phenomenal. TOUGH as anything but I love them!! I'll check out front levers now and yah lol I got a few odd looks

Cannot fukking wait for 100kg bench will be a proud moment for me

Originally Posted by anuragp122195 View Post
    damn! great benching. you will be owning it up with double plates in no time.
    and that burger...mouth is salivating as we speak
    bro I hate that you fellas in America don't get to enjoy kangaroo, at least as easily as us in Aus... seriously I don't know where I'd be without it.

I was actually contemplating throwing on double plates for my final set, decided against it though... next 1rm is only a few weeks away though... reckon I may give it a try then

Originally Posted by DTrulez616 View Post
    5/3/1 is great for Bench. I know your Bench will keep skyrocketing and double plates will be yours in the very near future.
    Bench was always my strongest in the past, hence why I was so weirded out by how sh!t it's been lately but since bulking has now commenced I guess that perhaps bench will once again return as my strongest lift?? Weird but if that's the way it works, then I just gotta roll with it

Originally Posted by foodpr0n View Post
    ..may need to jump on dat were 5/3/1! excited for 2 plates mate.

Re: Tracking.. I just ditched the scale. But, I still track.
    Using myfitnesspal iphone app.
    Just take a punt, but it's not hard. Only thing I measure is oats and 60g is like 3/4c and 80ishg is 1c lol.

If a recipe (risotto last night for instance) says 2 cups raw rice, 2 tbspn of oil, and 800g chicken or whatever.
    The meal is meant for 4 ppl, I eat a slightly larger portion. So i just say I had a third (divide by 3 for everything) as sis and mum don't eat so much, simple Find value for 2/3 cup raw arborio, 12g olive oil, 265g chicken annnd I'm done!
    ps: if you find smoked chicken breast....get it!! fkucmeomfg

macros went out the window with large cold rock after though

Apples, eggs, bread, veg (*know what 100g is and can decipher how much), cereal +ice cream (can eyeball these literally perfectly and **), scoop of protein, can estimate cheese etc..... all easy -> protein I already shoot for 1.5g/lb pro so I know if estimates are under I have enough.

**I aim for maint cals, and this has been leading, IMO, to a slight surplus due to errors. Y'know little underestimates leading to real intake being 100-300cal more.

Works for me!!
    aside from the regular deloads which I'm not a fan of at all and tbh am not scared to miss out on if I don't feel the need for it (inb4overtraining), 5/3/1 is aaaawesome. As you've said, if ya go in the gym feeling good then that's all that counts. I guess I am a big fan of intuitive training in that aspect.

I have actually been using my scale still for a lot of stuff if I'm cooking, only for the main component of a meal though... so for pasta I'll weigh out the pasta, pizza I'll weigh the cheese and meat... i have NOT been aiming for any set amount or limiting myself however, it's simply to give me a) an idea of how much protein I'm getting in the meal and b) portioning sizes.

That's the issue though, if I aim for maintenance I will most likely undershoot - as I think has been occuring. At the same time though, I really have no fukkin clue how many kcals of ice cream I consume every night lolz

is that the smoked chicken breast they have in coles/woolies for like $18/kilo? I'll have to give it a try!

foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    The chicken was from an amazing German Deli. Bout 23/kg. But far out.... literally the best chicken I have ever had. The stuff in woolies has a skin on it - this was purely the breast. Made chicken risotto with it and yeah, like serious mouth orgasm

brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

May 21

5/3/1 Wave C3

weight - n/a

DEADLIFT 1rm
    75% 112.5kg x 5
    85% 127.5kg x 3
    95% 142.5kg x .5, 1 << ARGH

Accessory Work

deficit deadlift
    60% 90kgx7x3 PR + 6 reps

Seated Row
    70ppsx8x4 PR

Weighted pullups
    15kgx3
    10kgx5

super planks
    1:10 PR
    0:50

Cardio/study
    treadmill 600 cals

Would have updated sooner but been studying literally all day for my nutritional science finals, needed a break so figured why not. Today was actually a very good workout despite my 1rm completely fcuking up. My first two sets went up piss easy, felt extremely good - nice and controlled. Went for my final set and I KNEW I could get a minimum of 1, but halfway up my left hand grip completely failed and I had to drop it because it was causing some major imbalance. I was pissed after this but wasn't finished so I took a few minutes to rest and went again and just barely got a rep in. Twas pretty frustrating because it was my grip (specifically left hand) that COMPLETELY gave out and left me unable to perform. Still, to be fair I have yet to deload deads as last time I was meant to I went for a 1rm test so I think that is a sure sign a deload is in order, will be well needed! Gave some more DDL's a go after this and they felt bloody fantastic! Really loving them. Importantly the perceived effort from last time was about the same if not slightly easier, but with an extra 2 reps each set; clearly a good sign. I was still on fire afterward and didn't feel like messing around with sh!t weights so increased volume a decent amount on both rows and pullups and fuk if I didn't have a great time. Rows felt the best they have in so fukking long, like the good old days Haven't felt this much energy in a decent amount of time. By pullups though I was pretty much dead, still got some super planks in and study time on the treadmill.

Food

'roo and bacon sandwiches; 1 with blue cheese, 1 with double cream brie

'burrito bowl'
    base salad was lettuce, tomato & corn
    threw in half a kilo of taco spice kangaroo mince, blue cheese and chorizo
    topped with mexican blend cheese, guacamole, salsa & mayo

pretty sure these are becoming a staple

Originally Posted by foodpr0n View Post
    The chicken was from an amazing German Deli. Bout 23/kg. But far out.... literally the best chicken I have ever had. The stuff in woolies has a skin on it - this was purely the breast. Made chicken risotto with it and yeah, like serious mouth orgasm
    well I'll check some local deli's and see if they got anything similar.

can never go wrong with risotto

May 22

5/3/1 Wave C3

weight - n/a

OHP 1rm
    75% 40kgx5
    85% 45kgx3
    95% 52.5kgx3 PR

Accessory Work
    OHP
    35kgx12x3 pr

Shrugs
    140kgx15 PR
    140kgx13x2

Preacher
    60ppsx13 PR

BB curls
    50x15,12,15

Super planks
    1:00

Cardio
    stairmaster - 500 cals

This was yesterdays update but I had an exam this morning so wanted to focus on getting as much study done as possible. Exam is finished and I'm free! (for about another week ). Very happy with how OHP went. My 1rm was the most I've done and hitting 3 was pretty bloody hard, I clenched my teeth and pushed through that last rep which felt like an eternity... was damn good! Got through some lighter rep pressing afterwards and added 2 reps to each set, but man oh man these felt so damn good, could really feel a surge of energy that I haven't had in a long time. PR'd shrugs and got 1 extra rep on preacher which is the most I've ever done! By BB curls I was destroyed but fuark it was enjoyable. Now I have another exam to study for, but that's not until next week and I have a deload coming up so looks like it's time for some rest

Food

cake batter oats with dark choc dreams & banana

smokey bbq chicken parma with camembert & veal tortellini

snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    So you PRd everything but bro curls? Awesome!
    Aced the exam?
    Awesome!
    The veal Parma.

^^guess what it is

Great work B!
    AAU World SJ Powerlifting Champion, 2014

Owner/Founder of StrongerYou Personal Training

BTK-no excuses

DTrulez616 is a name known to all. (+5000) DTrulez616 is a name known to all. (+5000) DTrulez616 is a name known to all. (+5000) DTrulez616 is a name known to all. (+5000) DTrulez616 is a name known to all. (+5000) DTrulez616 is a name known to all. (+5000) DTrulez616 is a name known to all. (+5000) DTrulez616 is a name known to all. (+5000) DTrulez616 is a name known to all. (+5000) DTrulez616 is a name known to all. (+5000) DTrulez616 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Great eats, stellar grades, and a PR filled workout. All in days work.
    Instagram: instagram.com/zackfeeney
    Snapchat: DTrulez616

anuragp122195 is just really nice. (+1000) anuragp122195 is just really nice. (+1000) anuragp122195 is just really nice. (+1000) anuragp122195 is just really nice. (+1000) anuragp122195 is just really nice. (+1000) anuragp122195 is just really nice. (+1000) anuragp122195 is just really nice. (+1000) anuragp122195 is just really nice. (+1000) anuragp122195 is just really nice. (+1000) anuragp122195 is just really nice. (+1000) anuragp122195 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Is it just me, or when exams and studying are off your back, lifts improve tremendously. It's almost like the decrease in stress load takes off from the weight load on the bar. But looks like you're having fun with those PR's OHPing! Props, man.
    (P.s. are those cake batter oats just with cake batter protein powder?)
    And damn! You reminded me how DELICIOUS Camembert cheese is.... Going to pick some of that good stuff up ASAP.

Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Holy hell dude doing nicely on all fronts.

But hey, what's with the burrito salad, you secretly cutting on me brah? JK they're seriously awesome and I too am going to continue with them into my offseason.

Good luck with the last exams bro.

Originally Posted by snrygo View Post
    So you PRd everything but bro curls? Awesome!
    Aced the exam?
    Awesome!
    The veal Parma.

^^guess what it is

Great work B!
    not sure if I aced it but I feel pretty good about it. The mid semester exam was absolutely horrendous though, I walked into it with confidence and left knowing I hadn't gone well, turns out everybody had the same issue and fortunately enough complaints were made that the scores ended up getting scaled down. Still, I feel it has to do with conveners not understanding how to properly fcuking prep an exam to actually test for theoretical understanding, rather than meaningless moot facts about study's. Honestly pisses the sh!t out of me.

chicken parma btw

Originally Posted by DTrulez616 View Post
    Great eats, stellar grades, and a PR filled workout. All in days work.
    cheers mate!

Is it just me, or when exams and studying are off your back, lifts improve tremendously. It's almost like the decrease in stress load takes off from the weight load on the bar. But looks like you're having fun with those PR's OHPing! Props, man.
    (P.s. are those cake batter oats just with cake batter protein powder?)
    And damn! You reminded me how DELICIOUS Camembert cheese is.... Going to pick some of that good stuff up ASAP.
    I'm just about all out of protein powder so am resorting to using cake mix for flavouring, hence 'cake batter' oats tastes awesome and makes literally the thickest oats ever.

camembert is pretty much my new favourite cheese, but then again... I think every cheese is my favourite cheese lol

it can just become very tough to balance out the gym when exams are on, I mean as it is already a fine balancing act between study and getting sufficient work outs in, but when exam time comes it pretty much takes all your mental energy away from everything.

Originally Posted by Shazriki View Post
    Holy hell dude doing nicely on all fronts.

But hey, what's with the burrito salad, you secretly cutting on me brah? JK they're seriously awesome and I too am going to continue with them into my offseason.

Good luck with the last exams bro.
    lolz pretty sure that bro salad sat at around 1k cals... would be a fun way of dieting though But it has to do with my sweet tooth has been dramatically dying down lately and instead I am just getting mass cravings for fcuking big bowls of meat + sodium filled goodness

Cheers, last exam is gonna be a tough nugget... I'm on an HD in the class atm () but 50% of my grade sits on the exam so could literally go anywhere.

food train

gonna be heading out for burgers tonight to check what I'm up against with this challenge, should be interesting to see.

On the lifting front, deloaded squats but didn't deload bench as I was feeling fantastic. My partner and I have been looking at giving a new routine a go over, especially now that the bulk is in full swing I'd like to get into something with higher intensity, with compounds over multiple days of the week. I'm REALLY keen on increasing strength, which has lately been sky rocketing but I want to absolutely make sure I'm on the most efficient programme to make strength gains, which seems to be doing compounds 2-3x weekly.

To sum up - we both really enjoy the structure of 5/3/1 especially the rep style, so were thinking something like 4 days - bench/OHP, squat/DL, OHP/bench, DL/squat - each 2nd compound being perhaps a lighter workload/higher rep range... more on that later though and any input is obviously more than appreciated. now onto food!

p.s weighed myself, though it was at the gym and after eating etc but I came in at 70kg (154lb), so taking into account maybe 2-3lbs of water/food, weight is increasing at a good pace without counting/tracking anything... am I a wizard!?!

Bowl of joy
    brocolli, grilled mushies & onion, 'roo sausages, blue brie (!!), camembert + mustard, ketchup, hickory bbq sauce & relish

toasted 'roo sandwiches
    top was camembert, bottom was cheddar (went fcuking everywhere lol)

Last edited by brendbro; 05-25-2012 at 02:21 AM.

anuragp122195 is just really nice. (+1000) anuragp122195 is just really nice. (+1000) anuragp122195 is just really nice. (+1000) anuragp122195 is just really nice. (+1000) anuragp122195 is just really nice. (+1000) anuragp122195 is just really nice. (+1000) anuragp122195 is just really nice. (+1000) anuragp122195 is just really nice. (+1000) anuragp122195 is just really nice. (+1000) anuragp122195 is just really nice. (+1000) anuragp122195 is just really nice. (+1000)
    no tracking? you sir, are definitely a wizard, especially incorporating all these crazy types of cheeses with kangaroo. (Blue brie, Camembert,etc?!)
    have fun eatin burgers, man.

Mor10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mor10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mor10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mor10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mor10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mor10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Great eats and great progess dude. I'm really enjoying this log!

no tracking? you sir, are definitely a wizard, especially incorporating all these crazy types of cheeses with kangaroo. (Blue brie, Camembert,etc?!)
    have fun eatin burgers, man.
    oh man, blue brie is bloody expensive and has a very high fat content, and at first I wasn't sure if I enjoyed it.. it's definitely the most robust cheese I've ever tried, but it's grown on me big time.... give it a try I say!

Originally Posted by Mor10 View Post
    Great eats and great progess dude. I'm really enjoying this log!
    thanks mate! very motivating for me to hear stuff like that so cheers a ton

Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    All looks awesome dude. Glad to see you succeeded in finding a way to gain the weight without stressing too much about the cals Food looks awesome too.

So it looks like you've latched on to one of the best ways of lifting I've ever encountered myself (compounds 2-3x a week), but are you changing much about the basic 5/3/1 template?

So I haven't been logging because a) still in exam period (last is this friday) and B) I'm deloading and really there's not much point, feels good having a deload actually and I noted today that coincedentally OHP is the only lift that I've consistently deloaded and I've also seen the most progress in... at the same time though it also happens to be the newest lift I've incorporated in so was starting from scratch/being conservative so that obviously is a big factor... still, take that for what it's worth

Finished the deload today so will beginning a new round next week, but having been doing a ton of thinking about the routine lately and really not sure where I'd like to go. Basically, I've mentioned many times prior in the log that I had to avoid squatting because of my hernia issues as well as back issues which I think have extended directly due to it, basically had to work my way around that for a long time. I hadn't really had any issues with it since I stopped squatting a long time ago and my back was also feeling a ton better, and now that I've started up again I have noticed a lot of burning sensation at the spot of the hernia... mind you it's only while I'm squatting, and it isn't really painful in anyway, as I said it's really just a 'burning' sensation. Nevertheless I fear that it will seriously halt basically any and all potential I have at squatting. This fukking sucks because I was absolutely loving them, and while I still think I could most definitely keep them up, I also know that progress is going to be just about non existant on them if I want to play it safe (which I of course do).

Not all is lost though, as I have an insatiable thirst for deadlifts and the goal is to still get as strong as fukking possible so after discussing some with nmisc I'd like to try incorporating a routine with higher frequency deadlifts... something like 2-3x a week, it's my favourite lift so I have no issues with this + will hopefully make up for lack of squats. Another thing is I reaaaly don't want to give up squats for good, so I may just incorporate a light load of 3 sets or so once a week

mandatory food pics
    cheeseburger & brocolli bowl -

cheeseburger pizza

milo oats w/ cinnamon bun peanut butter

the blueiest blue cheese pizza ever w/ chorizo, 'roo sausage & bacon

double cheese burger with bacon & vintage cheddar

witty comment goes here SimonThePieman's Avatar
    SimonThePieman is a name known to all. (+5000) SimonThePieman is a name known to all. (+5000) SimonThePieman is a name known to all. (+5000) SimonThePieman is a name known to all. (+5000) SimonThePieman is a name known to all. (+5000) SimonThePieman is a name known to all. (+5000) SimonThePieman is a name known to all. (+5000) SimonThePieman is a name known to all. (+5000) SimonThePieman is a name known to all. (+5000) SimonThePieman is a name known to all. (+5000) SimonThePieman is a name known to all. (+5000)
    my god, this log isn't good to look at when hungry. nom nom nom.

Subbing in on this one
    Saying Zyzz inspired you to lift is like saying Justin Bieber inspired you to sing

Hope you enjoyed the deload. I am ready for a whole new round next week! and a routine with 3x a week DL'S? sound's pretty intense. I'm sure it's not heavy every 3x a week because that would be really taxing lol.
    and your food, like always, is damn amazing.

The higher frequency deadlifting will definitely do your physique some good, but I think you might find that it's a bit glute and hamstring dominant. I would recommend throwing in a good dose of leg pressing and leg extensions to make sure the quads are getting hit enough as well, and then you can kiss squats bye bye. Lyle actually has an article where he says that for overall "bodybuilding" purposes the leg press/leg extension combo is just fine. Squats just happen to be a great exercise because it's all-in-one and of course works more than just the legs. Still for your purposes lots of deadlifting plus leg pressing should be fine.

Eats have been off the chain lately, but you knew that

Buffalonian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buffalonian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buffalonian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buffalonian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buffalonian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buffalonian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buffalonian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buffalonian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buffalonian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buffalonian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buffalonian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Just caught up on the majority of the log. Like Shaz said, eats are ridiculous. In for more.

"The body achieves what the mind believes"

-Team Never Full-
    *Misc Cologne Crew*
    | S&P Crew |

YES! EXAMS ARE FINALLY OVER! TIME TO LIFT AND HAVE A LIFE AGAIN

heading to gym and will have an update + reply when I'm done!! it's deadlifting time!!

Originally Posted by brendbro View Post
    YES! EXAMS ARE FINALLY OVER! TIME TO LIFT AND HAVE A LIFE AGAIN

heading to gym and will have an update + reply when I'm done!! it's deadlifting time!!
    Congrats, buddy!
    I still have 5 finals in the span of 5 days next week.
    One of those 5 finals is a 3-day final. FML. Good luck on the deadlifts, bro. Have a blast and kill it.

JustBulk has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) JustBulk has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) JustBulk has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) JustBulk has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) JustBulk has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) JustBulk has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) JustBulk has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) JustBulk has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) JustBulk has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) JustBulk has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) JustBulk has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    All the food pics are making me hungry, lulz.
    Aesthetic Nutsack Crew
    Plays with balls as I MISC Crew
    No underwear Crew
    Raw dog Crew

Originally Posted by SimonThePieman View Post
    my god, this log isn't good to look at when hungry. nom nom nom.

Subbing in on this one
    Welcome simon Great to have another aussie!!

Hope you enjoyed the deload. I am ready for a whole new round next week! and a routine with 3x a week DL'S? sound's pretty intense. I'm sure it's not heavy every 3x a week because that would be really taxing lol.
    and your food, like always, is damn amazing.
    nah man we will see how things play out when the time comes to change to a 3x routine (atm still on 4 days, but that will change in 2 weeks) but I'm thinking something like 1 ME day, 1 speed day and 1... well I don't now. lol.

Deload was really great actually, well needed at a perfect time to help with focus on studying. Cheers about the food same goes to you!

The higher frequency deadlifting will definitely do your physique some good, but I think you might find that it's a bit glute and hamstring dominant. I would recommend throwing in a good dose of leg pressing and leg extensions to make sure the quads are getting hit enough as well, and then you can kiss squats bye bye. Lyle actually has an article where he says that for overall "bodybuilding" purposes the leg press/leg extension combo is just fine. Squats just happen to be a great exercise because it's all-in-one and of course works more than just the legs. Still for your purposes lots of deadlifting plus leg pressing should be fine.

Eats have been off the chain lately, but you knew that
    haha yeah I spent the majority of my lifting life (note - still a baby) using a leg press/leg extension/hack squats in place of squatting so I'm all too familiar with that I will definitely keep them in the roundup from here on out, I fuarking love squatting but I really have to be weary and everytime I get under the bar now it makes me nervous... I don't know, we'll see how things pan out.

my goal is to reach your insane deadlifting strength... ahh, i can dream

Originally Posted by Buffalonian View Post
    Just caught up on the majority of the log. Like Shaz said, eats are ridiculous. In for more.

[img]http://qikr.co/files/pics/b/bish97722.gif[/ig]
    fuarking sick cheers mate! awesome to have more followers! I aim to please

Congrats, buddy!
    I still have 5 finals in the span of 5 days next week.
    One of those 5 finals is a 3-day final. FML. Good luck on the deadlifts, bro. Have a blast and kill it.
    fuark, best of luck mate... my advice is to keep your head down, bite your lip and study as much as bloody possible.... and a 3 day final... what the hell!?

Originally Posted by JustBulk View Post
    All the food pics are making me hungry, lulz.
    lol soz bro

June 1st

5/3/1 Wave A4

Weight - 67.9 [new high +2kg]

DEADS
    80% 1rm
    120kgx4x4

easy stuff

Accessory Work

Horizontal Seated LP
    340lbx5x5

Lying LC
    8ppsx8x2 PR
    8ppsx9x1 PR

Super Planks
    1:10
    0:50

Dragon flags x 4

Cardio
    treadmill - 700 cals

Holy sh!t it felt so bloody good to get into the gym and lift today. You have no idea how happy I was. With exams finally over and after not only a week of deloading but 3 consecutive days of no lifting I was more eager than ever to lift. And that's what I did. Today was deadlifts, and marks the first day of moving into a higher volume (2-3x weekly) deadlift programme. I wasn't sure on the level of intensity to aim for, being that my goal now is to gain as much fukking strength as possible, and well... needless to say I think my biggest weakness in the past has been to push myself TOO far, wreck recovery and end up going nowhere. So today I had to basically go against my instincts, but it felt great as hell to do so. I wasn't in there to get the most metabolically taxing work out possible, instead I was aiming for a decent work load with good form, adequate rest and plenty of power. I had a read over the Westside PDF on the importance on volume, that gave me an idea on the workload I should be aiming for. I threw on 80% of my 1rm (120kg) for deadlifts, which is recommended for sets of 2-4 with optimal rep number being 15. I chunked out 4x4 and each set felt better than the last, and because I wasn't aiming to obliterate myself my form felt great throughout each set. Now, because I'll be deadlifting again come monday I'm not entirely sure if this was too much volume/too high intensity but the only way to know is to experiment, we'll see how recovery has gone over the coming days. Afterward I played it by ear and upped weights/lowered reps on a couple of leg accessory movements, being careful not to overexert but I still wanted to get a good work out in. Mission a-fcuking-complished

P.S weighed myself - 2kg up since stopped cutting, and it's time I start weighing myself a bit more regularly to make sure the scale is consistently moving upward... tis the only way for me to know for sure

Food

A la grande

caramel cheesecake sandwich

fudge brownie sludge w/ milo

almond milk oats w/banana, strawberry syrup & choc pb sludge

moar pizza

Mor10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mor10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mor10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mor10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mor10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mor10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Holy **** your pizzas look so amazing man! Great to hear you're doing well. Keep this up and you'll DL 200 kg in no time

June 2nd

5/3/1 Wave A4

weight - 68.5kg [new high] - 4am macca's run

BENCH
    new 1rm 98.54kg (+5lb)
    75% 75kgx5
    80% 80kgx5
    85% 85kgx6 PR

Accessory Work

DB Incline
    27.5kgx10,9,8,6 new weight

Weighted Dips
    15kgx8,8,7

Super weighted Planks
    10kgx 0:50 PR
    10kgx 0:45

Cardio
    stairmaster - 500 cals

A bit weary heading to the gym for bench today for a couple of reasons; 1) was out all night celebrating the end of semester, was tired/fukked as anything, and 2) did not deload bench last week. Considering those variables I think today's session went damn well. I increased my 1rm by 5lb this week, taking it from 212 to 217 and so I was very keen on seeing how well things held up. I'm happy to say those first couple of sets went down relatively well! My final set was a tough one, once I hit my 6th I knew I was done but my partner screamed at me to go for 1 more and well, I couldn't live with myself if I hadn't tried... Been focusing a lot lately on getting form as 100% as possible, my two biggest issues in the past being a) not getting full ROM (I know there is debate as to the actual importance of getting it all the way to the chest, but for my own sake I'd like to try for full ROM) and b) not big enough arch. While I've always made sure to have an arch I think it could still do with some tweaking. After this moved onto some accessory work and I upped the weights on DB incline from 25kg to 27.5kg, moved onto weighted dips & skipped tri extensions altogether as I feel they're just a bit of a waste of time for me atm. Some weighted planks at the end had me gasping for air, and got some fun cardio in at the end... all in all a good work out!

Sorry no food pics, but got some plans for tomoz

Originally Posted by Mor10 View Post
    Holy **** your pizzas look so amazing man! Great to hear you're doing well. Keep this up and you'll DL 200 kg in no time
    haha cheers man, pizza is pretty much the perfect food in my eyes... plenty of everything and it's a MAJOR comfort food

And thanks a ton for the kind words, god damn 200kg deadlifts... brb fapping

Gratz on the PR man. Great work Doing well mate, really.

sick bench PR. increasing dat 1RM like a boss...
    one does not simply stop posting culinary delicacies

June 4th

5/3/1 Wave A4

weight - 68.8

DEADLIFT (dynamic)
    70% 110kgx5x4

Deficit Deadlift
    60% 90kgx7,7,7,8 PR

Seated Row
    75ppsx5,5,6,5,5 PR

Hanging leg raise
    1x15

Super weighted Planks
    10kgx1:00x2

Cardio
    stairmaster - 600 cals

So today was the 2nd time deadlifting this week and so the real 'beginning' of my deadlift volume & frequency quasi experiment. As last time was my ME day (@ only 80% lol) I dropped it down to 73.5% and went for speed pulls. TBH they were pretty damn easy considering, EXCEPT for the fact that my UH grip was giving out which shat me up the wall. I tried alternating grip a bit but that felt a bit nonsense really, so I had to reset a couple of times but I still kept the speed in there where I could. Deficit deadlifts afterwards @ 60% were a heck of a lot easier on the grip and I'm so glad I've incorporated these into my routine. It was only a couple weeks ago when I first tried these and they felt completely alien to me but already I can tell vast improvements in my sticking point After a mammoth amount of DL's I wasn't done and so got in some GREAT seated rows, I moved the weight up a plate from what I was doing last week and went for as much power as I could... felt GREAT! Absolutely loved them, and they went down much better than I expected considering they were post deadlifts. Planks and leg raises for some core work after and then some cardio.

I calculated the volume for deadlifts on both today and last friday and my total volume for friday was 1920 (16 reps @ 120kg) compared to today's 2200 (20 reps @ 110kg), not sure how I should go about switching up the volume regarding ME vs dynamic days so I'll experiment with that a bit.

Food

dat der cheesy goodness

fudge brownie proats w/ raspberry compote & peanut butter

this was a bit of an experiment...
    'hot dog' turkey mince with french onion cream cheese pasta

just seasoned it with a sh!t ton of paprika, garlic, salt, pepper, oregano & mustard... didn't end up tasting like hot dogs but was fuarking good nonetheless

turkey burger w/bacon, camembert & cheese/chives cream cheese

kangaroo sausages w/ bacon & camembert

Gratz on the PR man. Great work Doing well mate, really.
    thanks for the kind words man

sick bench PR. increasing dat 1RM like a boss...
    one does not simply stop posting culinary delicacies
    I hope today makes up for it! lol