Page 31 of 67 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 ... LastLast
    Ryanmckd is just really nice. (+1000) Ryanmckd is just really nice. (+1000) Ryanmckd is just really nice. (+1000) Ryanmckd is just really nice. (+1000) Ryanmckd is just really nice. (+1000) Ryanmckd is just really nice. (+1000) Ryanmckd is just really nice. (+1000) Ryanmckd is just really nice. (+1000) Ryanmckd is just really nice. (+1000) Ryanmckd is just really nice. (+1000) Ryanmckd is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by brendbro View Post
    cheers ryan!! Great to see you're still around and doing well

Reverse is just about done yeah, I'm sitting at around 3k currently and weight is pretty much stable. Sorry to hear about that man, reversing is definitely tougher than I anticipated, so I can understand the problems you had. If you're not in the right frame of mind it could be a real deal breaker, there have been moments where I had the whole 'fuk it what's the point in holding back' mentality but managed to block it out.

Definitely wish you the best of luck with dieting again mate, you've shown you can absolutely KILL it so I don't think you'll have any trouble!! You reckon you'll get the log back up and running?
    Weird how I can have no food issues when I'm dieting on 2500 cals but have issues on 3400 cals (maintainance). Once I lost control I struggled to get back on track for more then a few days and stacked on almost all the weight I lost previously within a 2-3 month period.
    Plan is to try keep a relaxed, laid back approach to dieting this time around (I.E not avoiding social outings with friends or family) and just making the best decision I can WRT nutrition when I go out somewhere. Doubt I'll get the log going again ha, don't feel like logging at the moment.

Thanks for the kind words mate, I sort of like dieting phases more then bulking lol, don't feel so full and bloated all the time and the progress is much more noticeable.
    WWW.3DMUSCLEJOURNEY.COM

TEAM 3DMJ

brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

April 2nd

5/3/1 Wave C

weight - n/a

OVERHEAD PRESS

75% 32.5kgx5
    85% 37.5kgx3
    95% 40kgx4

Accessory Work

DB Shoulderpress
    17.5kgx12x3
    17.5kgx13

Shrugs
    100kgx15x4

Preacher
    60x11

BB Curl
    45lbx12x4

Planks
    1:40
    1:10

Cardio
    67 mins, 638 cals

Interesting work out today, beginning with my nutrition exam, then hit the gym but got there early so ended up doing half my cardio prior to the work out. Today was OHP's 5/3/1, overall it felt pretty good! I got a video of my final set so critiquing is welcome. I felt I could have gone for another but on that 4th rep I felt my back begin to hyperextend so I finished up there. I suppose though that is a sign that I couldn't handle anymore so it's a good thing I stopped where I did. Accessory work wasn't bad today, although considering I was fasted & had already busted out half my cardio rest breaks were slightly longer, at least at the start. Things progressed nicely by the end of the WO. Can't wait for squats on thursday, my mate & I decided on skipping the deload. Really liking the progression that is happening right now and with my energy levels sky rocketing as they have been from coming out of dieting I'd like to use the extra energy to my advantage. In other news I have SO much assessment coming up that I'm going to be absolutely swamped over these next 3 weeks, lucky me

Food

'Roo & bacon fried noodles (mi goreng)

Originally Posted by snrygo View Post
    pure murder on the pulls mate! and that first pizza
    cheers bud! pizza was good but the most un-satiating thing ever... as most pizzas go

Originally Posted by Ryanmckd View Post
    Weird how I can have no food issues when I'm dieting on 2500 cals but have issues on 3400 cals (maintainance). Once I lost control I struggled to get back on track for more then a few days and stacked on almost all the weight I lost previously within a 2-3 month period.
    Plan is to try keep a relaxed, laid back approach to dieting this time around (I.E not avoiding social outings with friends or family) and just making the best decision I can WRT nutrition when I go out somewhere. Doubt I'll get the log going again ha, don't feel like logging at the moment.

Thanks for the kind words mate, I sort of like dieting phases more then bulking lol, don't feel so full and bloated all the time and the progress is much more noticeable.
    I can definitely empathise with you, I think the discipline you have when dieting is a tremendous help in that regard... once calories are reintroduced something clicks and suddenly you realise all doors are open (so to speak). Really sorry to hear about the weight regain, if you're intending on dieting again a relaxed approach is definitely your best bet... just try not let your mind persuade you into wanting to get more strict and get it done with quicker.

Was talking to Webber about how much of a mind fuk it is bulking after dieting for so long... you get so used to feeling so light & fresh on your feet, and all of a sudden you have all this food bogging you down 24/7, not to mention the bloating lolz... sucks but it's gotta be done

brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

April 5th

5/3/1 Wave A 2

Weight - 67.1

SQUATS
    new 90% 1rm estimate (based off what I got last session) = 81kg
    75% 60kgx5
    80% 65kgx5
    85% 70kgx10

Accessory Work

Seated LP
    340x10x4 PR

Lying LC [different machine than usual]
    6ppsx12x4

Standing CR
    23x15,14,15 PR

Planks
    1:45
    1:20

Cardio
    stairmaster level 16/17 - 36:47, 617 cals

So beginning my 2nd wave of 5/3/1 this week, yes I skipped the deload. I'm well aware that doing such a thing is definitely not recommended but I know my body and there is absolutely NO way I needed it. For my new squat numbers I added 10lb to my old 1rm and also recalculated the 1rm based on what I got last session and the difference was ~4kg or so, I went with the recalculation, which judging off how I went today is still being conservative. These felt pretty straight forward, although I'm enjoying the slower pace as it's helping me focus on keeping form which really isn't a bad thing. On my last all out set I got to 10 and from what I can tell it was mainly just energy/fatigue setting in by then that made me stop, not failure in strength. Either way I'm happy with keeping these at a moderate pace for the time being, I'm getting a very nice leg WO with the accessory stuff. I moved seated LP up today because the micro plate attachment was fukked so I could either move it down to 320 or do a big move up to 340... and there's no fukking way I'm moving it down. They felt freaking AWESOME. the LC I usually use was broken so had to use a different machine, felt really good. Moved calf raises up today, felt dat dere burn. Easter friday tomorrow so the gym (and everything else) will be closed, moving bench to saturday... gives me a good opportunity to have a day off from anything gym related, it's been quite a while since I've had a full day off... will use it to try and punch through as much assessment as I can.

Food

Various pizzas

'Roo tandoori curry

Prawns & spaghetti w/ chilli, olive oil & garlic

peanut butter overnight oats

topped with belgian chocolate ice cream

jzpowahz is just really nice. (+1000) jzpowahz is just really nice. (+1000) jzpowahz is just really nice. (+1000) jzpowahz is just really nice. (+1000) jzpowahz is just really nice. (+1000) jzpowahz is just really nice. (+1000) jzpowahz is just really nice. (+1000) jzpowahz is just really nice. (+1000) jzpowahz is just really nice. (+1000) jzpowahz is just really nice. (+1000) jzpowahz is just really nice. (+1000)
    Solid workout there mate!

I never quite understood the progression with 5/3/1. If you don't actually do a 1rm do you just use a calc based off your final phase to work out the approximate? Or do you just up everything a specified amount (1kg -2.5kg) compared to the month before?

BTW after reading you're log and also some of the other guys in the Aussie thread, I've decided to stop logging food for a bit starting next week. I've been logging pretty much every day for about 4 years now (since I was a mega fatty!) so I think I need to ease up a bit. Reduce stress and all that Not that I'm overly stressed but just want to see how it goes.

oats_addict is just really nice. (+1000) oats_addict is just really nice. (+1000) oats_addict is just really nice. (+1000) oats_addict is just really nice. (+1000) oats_addict is just really nice. (+1000) oats_addict is just really nice. (+1000) oats_addict is just really nice. (+1000) oats_addict is just really nice. (+1000) oats_addict is just really nice. (+1000) oats_addict is just really nice. (+1000) oats_addict is just really nice. (+1000)
    Looks to me that you could have had at least 2 more reps on that OHP mate.

Always been tempted to try 5/3/1 but always have the issue with inconsistency with spotters so doing weights that i struggle with, paired with having a tool of a spotter, doesnt fill me with much confidence. 'nom saying.

Hows things now you're not religiously counting?
    140bpm all day every day

psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by jzpowahz View Post

I never quite understood the progression with 5/3/1. If you don't actually do a 1rm do you just use a calc based off your final phase to work out the approximate? Or do you just up everything a specified amount (1kg -2.5kg) compared to the month before?

BTW after reading you're log and also some of the other guys in the Aussie thread, I've decided to stop logging food for a bit starting next week. I've been logging pretty much every day for about 4 years now (since I was a mega fatty!) so I think I need to ease up a bit. Reduce stress and all that Not that I'm overly stressed but just want to see how it goes.
    You are supposed to start with 90% of 1rm and add 5 to Ohp and bench and 10 to squat and dead each cycle.
    PL Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154662503

BTK!

First Meet 8/25/13 281/264/418 963 @198

5/24/14 352.5/286/462.5 1101 @242

snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    solid looking food and manly lifts (squats). i think i will make me some pizza today or tomorrow cuz youre making me hungray!!!

brb making some overnight dough ASAP
    AAU World SJ Powerlifting Champion, 2014

Owner/Founder of StrongerYou Personal Training

BTK-no excuses

as psycho mentioned below you're supposed to add 5lb to bench & OHP and 10lb to squat & DL's 1rm and recalculate numbers from there. I want to be conservative with squats as it's the first time doing them again in 1.5 years for me but I feel I was too conservative with my original 1rm estimation so instead of adding 10lb I recalculated it again, the difference as I mentioned was only 4kg and even this now feels fairly easy, but I think from here out I'll keep it where it's at... I do not want to push things too quickly and reignite old injuries.

talked about logging in your log

Originally Posted by oats_addict View Post
    Looks to me that you could have had at least 2 more reps on that OHP mate.

Always been tempted to try 5/3/1 but always have the issue with inconsistency with spotters so doing weights that i struggle with, paired with having a tool of a spotter, doesnt fill me with much confidence. 'nom saying.

Hows things now you're not religiously counting?
    bloody great to see you again around here mate! how's life been treating ya?

regarding OHP - for sure, but as mentioned I am only in baby stages with it as a lift (3rd time doing them) so really trying to get form locked in before busting strength PR's... and on that 4th rep I felt my back begin to hyperextend which was basically an instant red light in my mind so I thought I better stop. As mentioned I had bad lower back issues which messed me up for fuarking ages so I'm still taking baby steps around it

So far I am in bloody love with 5/3/1, seriously great program. The only thing negative I can say about it is that it doesn't have me squatting more often lol, but having a session devoted to the 4 big compounds works well. I'm also lucky to have my best mate as my long term lifting partner so I've never really needed to worry about that, however I really only think you'd need a spotter for benching.

Things are fukin awesome, my whole mindset is pretty much over my cut now and I just wanna get fukkin strong so will be spending the next few months bulking and seeing where it takes me

Originally Posted by psychodiver9 View Post
    You are supposed to start with 90% of 1rm and add 5 to Ohp and bench and 10 to squat and dead each cycle.
    yup

solid looking food and manly lifts (squats). i think i will make me some pizza today or tomorrow cuz youre making me hungray!!!

brb making some overnight dough ASAP
    bah, squats aint very epic for me atm, DL's on the other hand have been feeling sickkkkkk

bro get on that pizza, I had another tonight with some new blue cheese... fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

DTrulez616 is a name known to all. (+5000) DTrulez616 is a name known to all. (+5000) DTrulez616 is a name known to all. (+5000) DTrulez616 is a name known to all. (+5000) DTrulez616 is a name known to all. (+5000) DTrulez616 is a name known to all. (+5000) DTrulez616 is a name known to all. (+5000) DTrulez616 is a name known to all. (+5000) DTrulez616 is a name known to all. (+5000) DTrulez616 is a name known to all. (+5000) DTrulez616 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You may not need the deload now but make sure you take it after this round of 5/3/1. You may not need the rest but your joints and CNS does. I'm starting my 5/3/1 deload today. I can't wait to start my next round with my new maxs.

I may start paypalling you money to make me some pizzas, freeze them, and ship them my way. They look friggin delish.
    Instagram: instagram.com/zackfeeney
    Snapchat: DTrulez616

Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Mate your pizzas are in a world/league of their own, truly amazing.

With the deload I agree with Zack above, it's fine if you want to ditch it this time around since you probably low-balled your estimates for this first cycle anyway... but remember the deloads aren't about how you feel now, but how you might feel in 3 weeks if you start overreaching. They'll help you to avoid that and keep your long term momentum high.

I can't wait for my deload next week

anuragp122195 is just really nice. (+1000) anuragp122195 is just really nice. (+1000) anuragp122195 is just really nice. (+1000) anuragp122195 is just really nice. (+1000) anuragp122195 is just really nice. (+1000) anuragp122195 is just really nice. (+1000) anuragp122195 is just really nice. (+1000) anuragp122195 is just really nice. (+1000) anuragp122195 is just really nice. (+1000) anuragp122195 is just really nice. (+1000) anuragp122195 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hmm you probably already know what you're doing, but don't disregard the deload on 5/3/1. It's a crucial element to the program's success. Your ego might say to yourself that you don't "need" the deload, but the benefits of the deload are more for the long term gain rather than the short term that you might think it's for.

As for your food: You are definitely a pizza expert and have got loads of flavor combos going on there! And you've managed to make tandoori curry out of almost every meat source I can think of. & PB overnight oats are always looking thick and delicious.
    I feel like making some meals inspired by your style of cooking. Prob gonna do some soon.

foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Yep echoing this. Next round - do.the.program.

ps - part of the reason I don't like it fcuk that, I don't want a de-load every 4 weeks
    If I go into the gym feeling a million bucks, you can bet your a$$ I'm going to be trying to push some weight.

appreciate the input regarding deloading guys, but all I can say is - I'm well aware of the importance of deloading, or should I say why they are implemented. But from where I am coming from, with energy skyrocketing lately as it is I do not believe it was necessary in the slightest

Originally Posted by DTrulez616 View Post
    You may not need the deload now but make sure you take it after this round of 5/3/1. You may not need the rest but your joints and CNS does. I'm starting my 5/3/1 deload today. I can't wait to start my next round with my new maxs.

I may start paypalling you money to make me some pizzas, freeze them, and ship them my way. They look friggin delish.
    You know what is really interesting? I was genuinely having some pretty bad joint issues that had been escalating over the past couple of months, especially in the elbows and knee's... felt like tendinitis or something, however since beginning 5/3/1 all my joints have felt 100%. I had also been having issues with my right knee which have all but dissipated....

Bro if you can get enough people to round up da ca$h I'll start my own frozen pizza brand, that way everyone can enjoy

Originally Posted by Shazriki View Post
    Mate your pizzas are in a world/league of their own, truly amazing.

With the deload I agree with Zack above, it's fine if you want to ditch it this time around since you probably low-balled your estimates for this first cycle anyway... but remember the deloads aren't about how you feel now, but how you might feel in 3 weeks if you start overreaching. They'll help you to avoid that and keep your long term momentum high.

I can't wait for my deload next week
    Cheers shaz!

exactly - definite lowballing of estimates, pretty much as it is I NEED some sort of outlet to exhaust all this extra energy I have, I know that sounds odd and almost masochistic lol but I guess that comes from learned adaptation. I have yet to hit any strides or exhausted any strength (besides maybe with DL's) with 5/3/1 as I'm still in those raw stages of working out my strength levels etc. In short I'm feeling better than ever regarding strength, energy & most importantly health, therefore I don't believe a deload was needed at this early a stage.

Originally Posted by anuragp122195 View Post
    Hmm you probably already know what you're doing, but don't disregard the deload on 5/3/1. It's a crucial element to the program's success. Your ego might say to yourself that you don't "need" the deload, but the benefits of the deload are more for the long term gain rather than the short term that you might think it's for.

As for your food: You are definitely a pizza expert and have got loads of flavor combos going on there! And you've managed to make tandoori curry out of almost every meat source I can think of. & PB overnight oats are always looking thick and delicious.
    I feel like making some meals inspired by your style of cooking. Prob gonna do some soon.
    Very important point regarding ego, something I'm sure everyone can empathise with and I have definitely been a victim of in the past. It's definitely a primary goal of mine to cumulatively fix that, but IMO it isn't to do with ego. I'm sure you can understand programs aren't built to a tee and by that grain cannot possibly account for all variables - I'm coming from a pretty exhaustive stretch of dieting into a reverse which puts me at a position where my energy is better than ever... I'd like to utilise that Not only that but my first round of 5/3/1 was a bit all over the place as I was still acclimatizing to it, so hopefully this time around I'll have a better grasp of where my strength lays and actually beable to do some damage

regarding food - cheers man, as I've mentioned pizza is my fav food so why fight it?

Originally Posted by foodpr0n View Post
    Yep echoing this. Next round - do.the.program.

ps - part of the reason I don't like it fcuk that, I don't want a de-load every 4 weeks
    If I go into the gym feeling a million bucks, you can bet your a$$ I'm going to be trying to push some weight.
    couldn't have said it better myself mate

I also want to add that I seriously do greatly appreciate everyone's input, thanks fellas

And if I am coming off as one of those ****s who think they're the exception... then I apologise and really that's not what it's like

Having already been through lyle's generic bulk routine I'm no stranger to deloading and how, why & what they're all about... but I also strongly believe in playing it by feel . A happy medium between the two seems most appropriate in my position as truth be told I'd very rarely deload if it was down to me, but objectively speaking and taking everything into consideration it simply would have just been a wasted week had I deloaded this time around.

jzpowahz is just really nice. (+1000) jzpowahz is just really nice. (+1000) jzpowahz is just really nice. (+1000) jzpowahz is just really nice. (+1000) jzpowahz is just really nice. (+1000) jzpowahz is just really nice. (+1000) jzpowahz is just really nice. (+1000) jzpowahz is just really nice. (+1000) jzpowahz is just really nice. (+1000) jzpowahz is just really nice. (+1000) jzpowahz is just really nice. (+1000)
    The whole aspect of a deload just seems backwards to all of us that are constantly trying to lift more & more! Understand the theory and why they're required but putting it into practice and actually doing it is another thing all together. I'm sure you'll get it right though mate.

April 7 - Happy Easter

5/3/1 Wave A 2

weight - n/a

BENCH
    new 90% 1rm - 206.5lb (94kg)
    75% 70kgx5
    80% 75kgx5
    85% 80kgx6, fail on 7th

Accessory Work

DB Incline
    20kgx16, 16, 13, 14 PR

Dips
    BWx12x4

DB Flyes
    17.5kgx12, 6

Kneeing tricep extension
    6pps x 12, 7, 5

Planks
    N/A

Cardio
    stairmaster level 16/17 - 36:47, 620 cals

Yeah buddy, got a feeling I got bench right where I want it. Practically perfect numbers for the 5/3/1 layout today and was painful as fuk with strict form. Failed on the 7th, not that I didn't have at it for about 30 seconds or so. Accessory work was all over the place today, being the easter weekend the gym is only open for half the day so it'll be busy as fuk up until monday I presume. Still, everything was blasted through and by the end I still had plenty of energy leftover for what was an easy cardio session. Left dat dere stairmaster dripping.

- uni is getting pretty bloody hectic at the moment, right around the time when all my assessment is due so the next few updates will probably be short, sweet & to the point... oh and food will be either boring or spotanenous. Not counting is fukin awesome, also stopped weighing myself... just cbf honestly. Been eating like a demon and without a worry in the world. Took yesterday off, plenty of fast food + friends bbq so butt load of meat and snacks + saw American Reunion, and today just blasted through a fukton of icecream.

Girl at work said I needed to put on weight tonight, not really sure what to make of it... I mean, it was pretty rude considering we barely even talk, but it's interesting that I've never felt more confident in myself and have someone say something like that kind of threw me through a hoop. I don't feel small or anything like that, in the end I don't give 2 sh!ts what other people think considering it's about feeling comfortable with myself... but maybe it's time I get this bulk into full gear?

Food

Bagels

ice cream, pb2, bananas, syrup

The whole aspect of a deload just seems backwards to all of us that are constantly trying to lift more & more! Understand the theory and why they're required but putting it into practice and actually doing it is another thing all together. I'm sure you'll get it right though mate.
    Deload won't be skipped next time round don't worry about that I have a feeling my numbers this round will be more accurate, therefore deloading will be better utilised

snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    just ask her if she even lifts.

and @ 5'9, 164lbs, i dont see a biiiig issue. sure you could probably bulk up a bit, but you dont look like a skinny ******* like me

BTK-no excuses

Ryanmckd is just really nice. (+1000) Ryanmckd is just really nice. (+1000) Ryanmckd is just really nice. (+1000) Ryanmckd is just really nice. (+1000) Ryanmckd is just really nice. (+1000) Ryanmckd is just really nice. (+1000) Ryanmckd is just really nice. (+1000) Ryanmckd is just really nice. (+1000) Ryanmckd is just really nice. (+1000) Ryanmckd is just really nice. (+1000) Ryanmckd is just really nice. (+1000)
    Tell her to gtfo and just keep doing what your doing, slight surplus over a long period of time for the win. O and what a rude bitch lol, brb telling randoms what you think of their bodies.
    WWW.3DMUSCLEJOURNEY.COM

TEAM 3DMJ

its not just water weight Webber91's Avatar
    Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I have people all the time tell me "you're looking smaller" as well as "holy sh*t dude you've gotten huge". Don't worry about what other people say bro, keep doing what you're doing and strive to get where YOU want to be. If I listened to every person that gave me comments I'd be constantly spinning my wheels. If someone thinks you should put on weight, that's just because they prefer that kind of look and associate it with "healthy/acceptable". Someone else might think you need to lose weight, because they rather a really lean or less muscular look. It's just the way people are. You can't please everyone, so don't even try. Do your thing, accept the comments as they come and just know that for everyone person who has an opinion that conflicts with yours; there will always be someone else who shares your side.

With that aside...

Smash girl.

Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Lettuce be cereal here. By and large bishes love those healthful muscle bellies. Come on now.

franko man is just really nice. (+1000) franko man is just really nice. (+1000) franko man is just really nice. (+1000) franko man is just really nice. (+1000) franko man is just really nice. (+1000) franko man is just really nice. (+1000) franko man is just really nice. (+1000) franko man is just really nice. (+1000) franko man is just really nice. (+1000) franko man is just really nice. (+1000) franko man is just really nice. (+1000)
    your foods always looking greasy but we all know that you're spot-on for macros!
    Keep up the gym progress and don't let school stresses you out. We students all experience similar things but it's this determined mindsets that set us apart from traditional students - Hard work and dedication.

Speaking of that girl from you work, my manager told me the same thing last week lol I work at a gym.. Definitely need to bulk up more. On your end, you've already put on some decent size! Nobody has the right to criticize when you know exactly what you're doing!
    IIFYM - Try to get most of your macros from whole foods. They are high in micronutrients and are needed to maintain overall health

April 8

5/3/1 Wave A 2

weight - n/a

DEADLIFT
    new 1rm - 338lb, 90% = 304.2lb
    75% 105kgx5
    80% 110kgx5
    85% 115kgx8 PR raww

Accessory Work

Pullups
    BWx12
    BWx8x3

Seated Row
    60ppsx12x2

Hanging leg raise
    n/a

Planks
    n/a

Cardio
    stairmaster level 16/17 - 35 mins, 600 cals

Fuk yeah DL's today. With the new 1rm I was keen as fuk to see how I can hold up with conventional stance and raw. These felt sooooooo good, god DAMN I love deadlifts. My last all out set felt INSANELY good, I just kept pumping out reps for what felt like an eternity, by my 8th rep I felt my back giving in so I finished there. Unfortunately though I'm a fcuking moron and forgot to add the proper weightage on my last set, although I only missed an extra 2.5kg which is literally about 2% extra... still, it had a slight diminishment on what should have been an epic finish to DL's. Had to miss out on core stuff today as the gym was closing early, no biggie. Blasted through cardio and more importantly my major piece of assessment for psychology is really coming together. I am writing a literature review based around what can be done to optimise cognitive ageing, pretty interesting stuff Oh and happy easter everyone, have been munching down on mini eggs all day, feelsgoodman.jpeg

No food, sorry... as mentioned not really enough time as of late to do anything interesting

just ask her if she even lifts.

and @ 5'9, 164lbs, i dont see a biiiig issue. sure you could probably bulk up a bit, but you dont look like a skinny ******* like me
    honestly I was so dumbfounded that I couldn't think of anything to say... I'll get her back somehow

Originally Posted by Ryanmckd View Post
    Tell her to gtfo and just keep doing what your doing, slight surplus over a long period of time for the win. O and what a rude bitch lol, brb telling randoms what you think of their bodies.
    lol the worst part was that it was in front of my boss and a few coworkers, so basically calling me out in front of them... no biggie

Originally Posted by Webber91 View Post
    I have people all the time tell me "you're looking smaller" as well as "holy sh*t dude you've gotten huge". Don't worry about what other people say bro, keep doing what you're doing and strive to get where YOU want to be. If I listened to every person that gave me comments I'd be constantly spinning my wheels. If someone thinks you should put on weight, that's just because they prefer that kind of look and associate it with "healthy/acceptable". Someone else might think you need to lose weight, because they rather a really lean or less muscular look. It's just the way people are. You can't please everyone, so don't even try. Do your thing, accept the comments as they come and just know that for everyone person who has an opinion that conflicts with yours; there will always be someone else who shares your side.

With that aside...

Smash girl.
    cheers for the words man, wholeheartedly agree with everything you said. As I mentioned it's about feeling comfortable with myself which I very much do... not gonna change for anyone cept me.

lol as soon as she started working there she seemed real standoffish to me, I guess I know why

Originally Posted by Shazriki View Post
    Lettuce be cereal here. By and large bishes love those healthful muscle bellies. Come on now.
    muscle belly acquired, what now

Originally Posted by franko man View Post
    your foods always looking greasy but we all know that you're spot-on for macros!
    Keep up the gym progress and don't let school stresses you out. We students all experience similar things but it's this determined mindsets that set us apart from traditional students - Hard work and dedication.

Speaking of that girl from you work, my manager told me the same thing last week lol I work at a gym.. Definitely need to bulk up more. On your end, you've already put on some decent size! Nobody has the right to criticize when you know exactly what you're doing!
    lol greasy eh? probs just the angle....

Yeah mate definitely agree with you regarding determination in school, there's not much I enjoy more at the moment then learning and garnering knowledge in just about any field... I'm REALLY enjoying my classes and, even though it's a very high stress period at the moment, I'm doing my best to remain level headed and enjoy it while it lasts

Mate we can bulk together! Nothing like buddies to help push and motivate each other along

oats_addict is just really nice. (+1000) oats_addict is just really nice. (+1000) oats_addict is just really nice. (+1000) oats_addict is just really nice. (+1000) oats_addict is just really nice. (+1000) oats_addict is just really nice. (+1000) oats_addict is just really nice. (+1000) oats_addict is just really nice. (+1000) oats_addict is just really nice. (+1000) oats_addict is just really nice. (+1000) oats_addict is just really nice. (+1000)
    bloody great to see you again around here mate! how's life been treating ya?

regarding OHP - for sure, but as mentioned I am only in baby stages with it as a lift (3rd time doing them) so really trying to get form locked in before busting strength PR's... and on that 4th rep I felt my back begin to hyperextend which was basically an instant red light in my mind so I thought I better stop. As mentioned I had bad lower back issues which messed me up for fuarking ages so I'm still taking baby steps around it

So far I am in bloody love with 5/3/1, seriously great program. The only thing negative I can say about it is that it doesn't have me squatting more often lol, but having a session devoted to the 4 big compounds works well. I'm also lucky to have my best mate as my long term lifting partner so I've never really needed to worry about that, however I really only think you'd need a spotter for benching.

Things are fukin awesome, my whole mindset is pretty much over my cut now and I just wanna get fukkin strong so will be spending the next few months bulking and seeing where it takes me
    Haha ive been lurking mate, here or there abouts!

Life isnt too shabby at the moment. Working for F1 and had myself a trip to Melbourne last month. Was great getting back to Aus and seeing a new city.

Jealous about the spotter always being there. Always helps with my confidence knowing if it goes t^ts up, I should survive!

Interesting view on 5/3/1 - definitely something I have considered doing so will see for the near future.

Haha - go get strong bro!
    140bpm all day every day

DTrulez616 is a name known to all. (+5000) DTrulez616 is a name known to all. (+5000) DTrulez616 is a name known to all. (+5000) DTrulez616 is a name known to all. (+5000) DTrulez616 is a name known to all. (+5000) DTrulez616 is a name known to all. (+5000) DTrulez616 is a name known to all. (+5000) DTrulez616 is a name known to all. (+5000) DTrulez616 is a name known to all. (+5000) DTrulez616 is a name known to all. (+5000) DTrulez616 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Solid Deadlift! Pulling some serious weight. Pulling raw is so alpha.

This so much.

*cough cougH*alex and his tampax brand straps*cough cough*

BTK-no excuses

anuragp122195 is just really nice. (+1000) anuragp122195 is just really nice. (+1000) anuragp122195 is just really nice. (+1000) anuragp122195 is just really nice. (+1000) anuragp122195 is just really nice. (+1000) anuragp122195 is just really nice. (+1000) anuragp122195 is just really nice. (+1000) anuragp122195 is just really nice. (+1000) anuragp122195 is just really nice. (+1000) anuragp122195 is just really nice. (+1000) anuragp122195 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Nice DL PR! 8 reps with 85%1RM is pretty kickass.
    BTW, you are going to hear a whole lot of bullcrap, criticism, and advice throughout your progression. Most of that is all irrelevant. So ignore what that b*tch at the gym said and just listen to yourself. And seriously, you're not small lmao. Your strength to size ratio is incredible. If you're small, I don't know what the hell I am then. Lmao. Keep up the good work, homie.

April 9

5/3/1 Wave A 2

weight - 66.4

OHP
    new 1rm - 101
    75% 30kgx5
    80% 32.5kgx5
    85% 35kgx10 PR

Accessory Work

DB press
    17.5kgx13, 13, 15, 13 pr

Shrugs
    120kgx15, 12, 13, 15 pr

Preacher
    60ppsx12 PR

BB curls
    45x13, 12, 12, 12 pr

Planks
    1:40, 1:00

Cardio
    stairmaster level 16/17 - 30 mins, 550 cals

Weighed in this morning just to see how weight is going since I stopped counting. Onto the work out, the gym was absolutely packed and had to wait a good 5 minutes before a squat rack was finally free. One of them was being used by a big guy who loaded up the bar with triple plates + 10kg on each side (so a total of 160kg or 352lb) and preceded to do 1/4 squats, made me sigh. Nevertheless, OHP wasn't too shabby today. Hitting 10 with relative ease on that last set is making me question whether my estimates are accurate, nevertheless for the time being need to keep ego in check and remember I'm using this period to improve form. Accessory was insane today, as I mentioned the gym was extremely busy so had to move relatively quickly so intensity was up higher than usual and I ended up hitting PR's on just about everything. Feels fukkin GOOD. Slowly progressing more into level 17 on the stairmaster, I think the key is when it starts to REALLY hurt and your telling yourself to stop, you just gotta ignore it

Food

blueberry bagels, nutella

bbq meatlovers w/ chorizo, pepperoni, ham, 'roo sausage

mocha proats

first time making oats with coffee, not bad!

Originally Posted by oats_addict View Post
    Haha ive been lurking mate, here or there abouts!

Life isnt too shabby at the moment. Working for F1 and had myself a trip to Melbourne last month. Was great getting back to Aus and seeing a new city.

Jealous about the spotter always being there. Always helps with my confidence knowing if it goes t^ts up, I should survive!

Interesting view on 5/3/1 - definitely something I have considered doing so will see for the near future.

Haha - go get strong bro!
    honestly that sounds like a bloody incredible life to be leading, I'd absolutely love to have a job travelling around like that! And with F1 I'm sure it'd be a blast. How'd you like Melbourne? Awesome city apart from the weather

I'd definitely recommend 5/3/1 mate!

Cheers man! nail on the head there, so glad I dropped the straps

This so much.

*cough cougH*alex and his tampax brand straps*cough cough*
    lolz

Originally Posted by anuragp122195 View Post
    Nice DL PR! 8 reps with 85%1RM is pretty kickass.
    BTW, you are going to hear a whole lot of bullcrap, criticism, and advice throughout your progression. Most of that is all irrelevant. So ignore what that b*tch at the gym said and just listen to yourself. And seriously, you're not small lmao. Your strength to size ratio is incredible. If you're small, I don't know what the hell I am then. Lmao. Keep up the good work, homie.
    wasn't at the gym - it was at work, but I appreciate the input all the same lol

cheers on the DL's Shiit felt GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!

Seriously appreciate strength:size ratio comment, but compared to some guys on here I r the weakest ******* there is lol

prolvr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) prolvr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) prolvr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) prolvr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) prolvr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) prolvr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) prolvr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) prolvr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) prolvr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) prolvr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) prolvr has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    ^ never compare yourself to other people thats going to lead you down a bad road, Everything looks good up in here though
    It's your physique; train as YOU see fit.

UPPER/LOWER

Thewix is just really nice. (+1000) Thewix is just really nice. (+1000) Thewix is just really nice. (+1000) Thewix is just really nice. (+1000) Thewix is just really nice. (+1000) Thewix is just really nice. (+1000) Thewix is just really nice. (+1000) Thewix is just really nice. (+1000) Thewix is just really nice. (+1000) Thewix is just really nice. (+1000) Thewix is just really nice. (+1000)
    5/3/1 Wave C

weight - n/a

OVERHEAD PRESS

75% 32.5kgx5
    85% 37.5kgx3
    95% 40kgx4

Accessory Work
    Have you ever had any shoulder problems? I hurt my rotator cuff and have been advised not to drop the weight that low, just bring my elbows down so they're perpendicular to the floor, the raise the weight again. Just saying man, shoulder injuries suck a fat one.

Also - the weight, is it 40KG plus the bar? The bar at my gym weighs 20KG so I always factor that in.
    1k+

*minimalist crew*
    *experiences over possessions crew*
    *positive crew*

Maybe its your rapidly increasing strength that's throwing your estimates way off. You killed that workout, PRs across the board!