BaselQ8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile Ramadan Fasting Diet for weightloss

Howdy people.

Here are my details:

Male
    182 cm
    96.6 kg
    around 25% bodyfat
    Maintenance is more or less around 3,000 Calories

I am going to be in a fasting state (No water/food) from around 3AM to 7PM for a whole month. I have taken a look at leangains.com and I am planning to use the 40:40:20 ratio for carbs/prot/fat. I will be performing short intense cardio (15-20 min) and some bw exercises and moderate weight lifting. all in all I should be spending around 45min to 1hr in the gym.

I plan to eat 20% of my daily caloric needs at 7PM then after 1 hr workout then eat the post workout meal which will be 60% at around 10 and then eat the final 20% at around 2AM.

My goal is to lower my body fat %, so what I am wondering is if the ratio is the best for this sort of diet and the type of physical activity I will be doing. Also how much of a deficit should I run in terms of the calories? anything else I should take into account in order to maximize my weight loss? any specific type of foods should I be eating? I plan on getting carbs mostly from pasta and veggies. Protien from eggs, whey, and chicken. Also, is there any type of specific training program that should be followed? I'm contemplating following KETO for 2 weeks and then having a carbup prior to Ramadan.

thanks in advance guys

nvs180 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nvs180 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nvs180 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nvs180 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nvs180 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nvs180 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nvs180 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nvs180 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nvs180 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nvs180 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nvs180 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    you need to read the stickies above to work out your calories etc. Meal timing means nothing, but if it suits you then go for it good luck

Sorry I Missed the Ramadan thing, this will workout fine. But basically if your unable to eat from 3am to 7pm. From 7pm to 3am when you can eat, it doesnt matter when you do eat or how many meals you have in that time frame. What matters is how many calories you consume in a 24hr time frame. So in the 8hrs you have to eat, get all your daily calories in (made up of your required macros) and in as little or many meals you like and everythingwillturnoutbetterthenexpected.jpg
    Last edited by nvs180; 07-14-2011 at 03:46 AM.

TrippleA is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrippleA is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrippleA is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrippleA is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrippleA is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrippleA is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrippleA is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrippleA is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrippleA is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrippleA is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrippleA is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by BaselQ8 View Post
    Howdy people.

Here are my details:

Male
    182 cm
    96.6 kg
    around 25% bodyfat
    Maintenance is more or less around 3,000 Calories

I am going to be in a fasting state (No water/food) from around 3AM to 7PM for a whole month. I have taken a look at leangains.com and I am planning to use the 40:40:20 ratio for carbs/prot/fat. I will be performing short intense cardio (15-20 min) and some bw exercises and moderate weight lifting. all in all I should be spending around 45min to 1hr in the gym.

I plan to eat 20% of my daily caloric needs at 7PM then after 1 hr workout then eat the post workout meal which will be 60% at around 10 and then eat the final 20% at around 2AM.

My goal is to lower my body fat %, so what I am wondering is if the ratio is the best for this sort of diet and the type of physical activity I will be doing. Also how much of a deficit should I run in terms of the calories? anything else I should take into account in order to maximize my weight loss? any specific type of foods should I be eating? I plan on getting carbs mostly from pasta and veggies. Protien from eggs, whey, and chicken. Also, is there any type of specific training program that should be followed? I'm contemplating following KETO for 2 weeks and then having a carbup prior to Ramadan.

thanks in advance guys

i think 20 60 20 % is not enough if you fast like me at ramadan your body will suffer around 12 hr no food or water so i suggest to do like this "i will follow this in the Aug" :

1-7 pm shake = iso whey+fast acting carb such grape juice or gatorade + creatine "if u take "+glutamine

2-730 hit the wt and prepare another shake = iso whey + grape juice or gatorde+glutamie

3-around 8 pm during the workout drink half of the shake you prepared to rehydrate your body
    4-after the workout drink the other half.

5-i think you will found your silf hungry after 30-60 min because of the fasting the hole day and workout so get a meal " white rice + chiken breast " small one like 50 gram dry white rice and 100 g c.breast.

6- and keep doing so for the meal each 2-3 hr or when you feel hungry

7-shakes will help you alot cause easy to digest and absored : you feel hungry after 2 hr i think

8-before bed meal is your secret weapon against fasting " shake=skimmed milk+casien protein+glutime+fat " oilve oil or peanut butter or nuts"

*skimmed milk slow acting for slow digesting process
    *casien very slow digesting protein could help you with 5-8 hr
    *fat to make the digesting much slower
    so after this shake you will not feel hungry for along time i think

workout :
    you know that fasting and not eating make muscle loose so :
    1-reduce number of ex for example
    *chest : inc press 3x8 + flat press 3x8 + dec press 3x8
    *back : 3 ex raws like bent over +db raw + pullup + t bar + over
    *delt : dp press + bar press + side or front raise
    *leg : sqaut + leg press + ham curl + leg extension
    *bice : bar curl + db curl + hummer
    *tri : skull crush + db press + rope pulldown

train one day on and one day off

if you have further Q just ask

waqas11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) waqas11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) waqas11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) waqas11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) waqas11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) waqas11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) waqas11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) waqas11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) waqas11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) waqas11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) waqas11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by TrippleA View Post
    i think 20 60 20 % is not enough if you fast like me at ramadan your body will suffer around 12 hr no food or water so i suggest to do like this "i will follow this in the Aug" :

1-7 pm shake = iso whey+fast acting carb such grape juice or gatorade + creatine "if u take "+glutamine

2-730 hit the wt and prepare another shake = iso whey + grape juice or gatorde+glutamie

3-around 8 pm during the workout drink half of the shake you prepared to rehydrate your body
    4-after the workout drink the other half.

5-i think you will found your silf hungry after 30-60 min because of the fasting the hole day and workout so get a meal " white rice + chiken breast " small one like 50 gram dry white rice and 100 g c.breast.

6- and keep doing so for the meal each 2-3 hr or when you feel hungry

7-shakes will help you alot cause easy to digest and absored : you feel hungry after 2 hr i think

8-before bed meal is your secret weapon against fasting " shake=skimmed milk+casien protein+glutime+fat " oilve oil or peanut butter or nuts"

*skimmed milk slow acting for slow digesting process
    *casien very slow digesting protein could help you with 5-8 hr
    *fat to make the digesting much slower
    so after this shake you will not feel hungry for along time i think

workout :
    you know that fasting and not eating make muscle loose so :
    1-reduce number of ex for example
    *chest : inc press 3x8 + flat press 3x8 + dec press 3x8
    *back : 3 ex raws like bent over +db raw + pullup + t bar + over
    *delt : dp press + bar press + side or front raise
    *leg : sqaut + leg press + ham curl + leg extension
    *bice : bar curl + db curl + hummer
    *tri : skull crush + db press + rope pulldown

train one day on and one day off

if you have further Q just ask
    what about me? i fast from 3am till 9pm, in the uk. I cant go to the gym after opening fast becuase the gym closes at 9-10pm. i got my diet sorted, but i cant workout shall i just lift light during the fast? so i dont get dehydrated?
    ☆☆☆υк ¢яєω☆☆☆

Rep 500+

adean1989 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adean1989 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adean1989 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adean1989 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adean1989 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adean1989 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adean1989 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adean1989 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adean1989 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adean1989 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adean1989 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by TrippleA View Post
    you know that fasting and not eating make muscle loose so
    NO

There's a retarded amount of misinformation in this thread. Consume your daily macro nutrient targets in the window of feeding available. I cannot advocate training without adequate hydration. If your gym is open when you break your fast, I'd recommend a small meal to fuel your work out if that is your preference or train fasted (possibly even BCAAs if you really want some sort of insurance/have deep pockets). Then eat the remainder of your calories as you see fit.

If your gym is not open tough luck. I keep a chin up bar and dumbbells/barbell with weights for when I'm feeling too lethargic to make it to the gym. At home you should at least be able to get a decent work out through weighted calisthenics and olympic lifts. It is of a paramount importance during a cut to maintain your strength in order to retain lean body mass.
    "Suffer the pain of discipline or suffer the pain of regret"

- BSc (Hons) Biomedical Sciences, UCL '11 (2:1)

sunchienlee is just really nice. (+1000) sunchienlee is just really nice. (+1000) sunchienlee is just really nice. (+1000) sunchienlee is just really nice. (+1000) sunchienlee is just really nice. (+1000) sunchienlee is just really nice. (+1000) sunchienlee is just really nice. (+1000) sunchienlee is just really nice. (+1000) sunchienlee is just really nice. (+1000) sunchienlee is just really nice. (+1000) sunchienlee is just really nice. (+1000)
    OP, do not use ratio, use the minimum requirement for protein and fat then fill the rest with a combination of carb/pro/fat.

Read the stickies.

I fast from about 9-10pm to 4-5pm next day, and I train fasted. Feeling great so far.
    [Bleed Time Krew] Certified

I don't train really to win contests. Not to win friends. Not to look pretty. Not to look at some chick's ass. I train and train very hard cause it's uncomfortable. It's painful. It's demanding. I like that. Time to bleed. - Manu

bravewithin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up My deit & workout plan for ramdan

sehri
    brown rice 1 bowl
    milk 1 glass
    cheese 100gm one banana

workout timing

Half hour before iftaar

iftaar
    2 glasse of water
    dates 4
    protien shake

after nimaz
    tea or cofee
    brown rice 1 bowl
    chiken / turkey / musele

after ishaa (taravih)
    4 egg whites 1 whole egg
    steak

during ramdan dont lift heavy in first ten instead inc rep range to 9 - 15
    in next ten day try to lift heavy and reduce rep range to 4 - 8
    and during last ten days in rep range to 9-15 again you can also try the following rep range

Week Rep Range

1 9-11

2 6-8

3 3-5

4 6-8

5 9-11
    my ramdan workout goes as following

monday legs

front squats 4
    leg curls 3
    extension 3
    stiff leg dead lift 3