Bartmasta is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bartmasta is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bartmasta is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bartmasta is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bartmasta is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bartmasta is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bartmasta is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bartmasta is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bartmasta is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bartmasta is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bartmasta is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Can you gain muscle by using Insanity?

To all you guys familiar with the workout Insanity by team beachbody:

My friends just started doing this workout. I assumed they were doing it to cut on fat but they said they're doing it to gain muscle. I told them that going to the gym and doing free weights is much better (one guy also argued that machines are better than free weights), than doing a cardio based program, but they said that they've seen many people get mad ripped from the program.

I don't mean to hate on them because I don't know much about the program, but is the workout actually good for gaining muscle or is it just a waste of time?

vocalists is not very helpful. (-500) vocalists is not very helpful. (-500) vocalists is not very helpful. (-500) vocalists is not very helpful. (-500) vocalists is not very helpful. (-500) vocalists is not very helpful. (-500) vocalists is not very helpful. (-500) vocalists is not very helpful. (-500) vocalists is not very helpful. (-500) vocalists is not very helpful. (-500) vocalists is not very helpful. (-500)
    is it like p90x? i don't know much about it neither
    "Anti-Sogeking Crew"
    "Forever red Crew"

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Bartmasta View Post

My friends just started doing this workout. I assumed they were doing it to cut on fat but they said they're doing it to gain muscle. I told them that going to the gym and doing free weights is much better (one guy also argued that machines are better than free weights), than doing a cardio based program, but they said that they've seen many people get mad ripped from the program.

I don't mean to hate on them because I don't know much about the program, but is the workout actually good for gaining muscle or is it just a waste of time?
    You are correct, stick with gym and continue with the free weights.

You won't gain much muscle at all doing Insanity. I will admit though that Shawn T is nuts and the program is friggin brutal...
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

Lift heavy eat right projectcody's Avatar
    projectcody is on a distinguished road. (+10) projectcody is on a distinguished road. (+10) projectcody is on a distinguished road. (+10) projectcody is on a distinguished road. (+10) projectcody is on a distinguished road. (+10) projectcody is on a distinguished road. (+10) projectcody is on a distinguished road. (+10) projectcody is on a distinguished road. (+10) projectcody is on a distinguished road. (+10) projectcody is on a distinguished road. (+10) projectcody is on a distinguished road. (+10)

its more pure cardio i did it for like 10 days to find out tht mine was ****ing broke -.-.. as far as i read and experienced it was more for just cardio there is no equipment just you and a working tv/dvd. your friends arent going to gain muscle off it they may look like they did but they just thinned out showing whatever they have under the fat.. free weights are better then machines because free weights not only offer resistance but balance which helps when building muscle.. back to insanity your friends will prob get abs on it if they dont eat crap all the time.. hope this helped
    Cutting..
    Been bodybuilding and powerlifting for 8 months

Bench 245
    Squat 360
    Deadlift 380

Abednegro is on a distinguished road. (+10) Abednegro is on a distinguished road. (+10) Abednegro is on a distinguished road. (+10) Abednegro is on a distinguished road. (+10) Abednegro is on a distinguished road. (+10) Abednegro is on a distinguished road. (+10) Abednegro is on a distinguished road. (+10) Abednegro is on a distinguished road. (+10) Abednegro is on a distinguished road. (+10) Abednegro is on a distinguished road. (+10) Abednegro is on a distinguished road. (+10)

My friends just started doing this workout. I assumed they were doing it to cut on fat but they said they're doing it to gain muscle. I told them that going to the gym and doing free weights is much better (one guy also argued that machines are better than free weights), than doing a cardio based program, but they said that they've seen many people get mad ripped from the program..

You're right about the gym and free weights. Insanity is more of a cutting/shredding program because you're doing high intensity cardio 5-6 days a week. Your friends will probably gain one or two pounds at the max doing insanity for 60 days. You're better off working with weights at the gym to gain muscle. Just my two cents.

P.S. I'm currently cutting by using insanity as my cardio.

aar792 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Abednegro View Post
    You're right about the gym and free weights. Insanity is more of a cutting/shredding program because you're doing high intensity cardio 5-6 days a week. Your friends will probably gain one or two pounds at the max doing insanity for 60 days. You're better off working with weights at the gym to gain muscle. Just my two cents.

P.S. I'm currently cutting by using insanity as my cardio.
    Did u use it as just Ur cardio and still did weights, how did u eat (surplus, maintenance, or I'm assuming deficit), and did u retain muscle on a cut while doing insanity I'm curious