Now I'm assuming everyone knows that Nubret was a pioneer and possessed one of (if not the most) aesthetic builds in BB history, now this is despite following a diet which seems unconventional, much like his training theory. It's hard to argue with his results though:
Here are some of his thoughts on diet:
- Normally I do 75 min abd every day so I don't have to diet, I hate to diet, or cut my salt. I never did.
- Do you really think that I will eat a lot of protein powder and then a lot of meat too? Protein powder is made for people who cannot eat a lot of meat. So I never use protein powder, but I use to eat about 3/4 kg of horse meat every day
- Just a lot of red meat and some beans and rice and 4/5 hours of training
- I said about it already too. I don't want to repeat myself over and over. I said that I eat when my body ask to. So how can I tell you hour after hour what I am eating, I am a BB of the passed, not those where everything is calculated as they don't exist as a person, but as a machine. I said too that I eat red meat and beans and rice. So if you want to know more how you should eat and when, please read FLEX.
- I never used supplements. I eat when my body ask me to.
- I never eat oatmeal in my life, I never eat breakfast as I was doing leg and abs every morning. But I eat a lot in the evening so I had enough calories to train during the morning. Not to many hours of rest at night, I mean sleep but just rest and relax.
- With my training you don't need to diet. You need to eat a lot of natural food like red meat, chicken, rice, lentils, beans......a little bit less calories that you spend a day. I never diet in my life, never stop taking salt or whatever, I knew that I was spending about 4 to 5000 calories a day so I was eating about 3700 or 4700 calories a day that all. Dieting had put you in bad moon. I never have to loose more than 7 kg when I was competing.
- Myself I used to eat as much I could, but only twice a day. And really good food, try to eat 2 kg of lean meat a day and some rice, lentil, no sweet things and no fat at all. and follow my training.
- Look at the cows they eat all the day. Now look at the panthers they eat once a day, and which one look in better shape.
It is not the quantity you eat or the quantity of time which make the champion, but the quality and not whatever the quantity of time you eat, my body is cleaver enough to know when I should eat, he let me know by sending signals. HE TELL ME SERGE YOU HAVE TO EAT. Then I believe in my body, I listen to him I EAT, My body does not listen to any article or scientist to tell him when to eat. You think that science knows more about your body that your body itself?...Listen to yourself before to listen to others.
I eat so much in one meal that I don’t need to eat 6/8 times a day, I leave that to those who don't have a big appetite.
-Come to eat with me, I am sure that you will not able to eat 3 times a day, I prove that in California with some friend and now they know what that mean eating. I used to have contest eating with some friends of my gym, the one who eat less pay the food for 1O peoples next time. I was always the winner, because I did not want to cook for those big 10 body builders. We weigh ourself before and after eating, generally my weight was up of 10 to 12 pounds more. So go to eat 2 or 3 hours after.
So what do you think, is there something to this? or was he doing it all wrong and his genetics would have come through no matter how he ate?