a1strank has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Am I eating too much fat for keto? and how is my diet?

Hello this is my first post here at BB, I think i've registered as a member for a while but I've never posted anything since I can usually find my answer by searching through the forums but just not this question. Anyway..

I weight 153-155lb 5"10 and goal is to get ripped and show that 6 pack. Not sure about my BF% but I would say 13-15%. I've been doing standard keto diet for about 2 weeks now without any carb up days and I've heard a lot of people are saying we should eat 0.5g of fat per body weight..so I should only be eating like 75g of fat? I've been eating a lot of fatty stuff lately like pork ribs, bacon, and cheese..I'm not sure if I'm doing this right. From some other threads I've seen people suggesting eating like 1g of fat per body weight or something..so I was wondering am I eating too much? I think I've been eating at about 150g of protein and 150g of fat and <20g of carb (only from vege). here is my breakdown.

breakfast I usually eat 2 slices of bacon, 2 whole eggs, 1 slice of cheese, and about 10-15 whole almonds..

I will then cook a large meal consist of vege, pork, and chicken with A LOT OF ALMONDS that I would bring it to my 10 hr afternoon shift work and eat every few or so..I think I eat about 3-4 servings of almonds a day along with fatty meat...so I think I am actually eating too much fat..but not sure though..I don't train much lately..just some cardio and maybe light train. Should I cut down on the fat??? I will prob start buying chicken with skins instead of fatty pork..because when I read the label those fatty pork as like 1:1 ratio of protein to fat..suggestions please!

cavermeulen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cavermeulen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cavermeulen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cavermeulen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cavermeulen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cavermeulen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cavermeulen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cavermeulen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cavermeulen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cavermeulen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cavermeulen has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by a1strank View Post
    Hello this is my first post here at BB, I think i've registered as a member for a while but I've never posted anything since I can usually find my answer by searching through the forums but just not this question. Anyway..

I weight 153-155lb 5"10 and goal is to get ripped and show that 6 pack. Not sure about my BF% but I would say 13-15%. I've been doing standard keto diet for about 2 weeks now without any carb up days and I've heard a lot of people are saying we should eat 0.5g of fat per body weight..so I should only be eating like 75g of fat? I've been eating a lot of fatty stuff lately like pork ribs, bacon, and cheese..I'm not sure if I'm doing this right. From some other threads I've seen people suggesting eating like 1g of fat per body weight or something..so I was wondering am I eating too much? I think I've been eating at about 150g of protein and 150g of fat and <20g of carb (only from vege). here is my breakdown.

breakfast I usually eat 2 slices of bacon, 2 whole eggs, 1 slice of cheese, and about 10-15 whole almonds..

I will then cook a large meal consist of vege, pork, and chicken with A LOT OF ALMONDS that I would bring it to my 10 hr afternoon shift work and eat every few or so..I think I eat about 3-4 servings of almonds a day along with fatty meat...so I think I am actually eating too much fat..but not sure though..I don't train much lately..just some cardio and maybe light train. Should I cut down on the fat??? I will prob start buying chicken with skins instead of fatty pork..because when I read the label those fatty pork as like 1:1 ratio of protein to fat..suggestions please!
    Almonds have almost 6g of carbs per ounce. Not sure how many you are eating exactly, but if you are eating them the way you say you are, then you are taking in alot more then 20 carbs per day I would think.

Also, when you are on Keto focus on what % of your total calories make up your macros.Carbs should be 5% or less, Fat 60%+ and protien the rest of the way. I think that is how it goes lol
    A goal without a vision is nothing more than a dream!~me~

IIFYM+IF

On Vacation!

heynakk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) heynakk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) heynakk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) heynakk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) heynakk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) heynakk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) heynakk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) heynakk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) heynakk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) heynakk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) heynakk is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    From http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=132598293 :
    60% of your calories should come from fats.

35% of your calories should come from proteins.

5% of your calories should come from fibrous carbohydrates.
    Your calorie requirements should be calculated from http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=121703981 to do the above calculations.

If I were you, I wouldn't guess how much fat I would need, rather calculate out and go from there. Adjust to your body's response.

cavermeulen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cavermeulen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cavermeulen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cavermeulen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cavermeulen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cavermeulen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cavermeulen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cavermeulen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cavermeulen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cavermeulen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cavermeulen has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by heynakk View Post
    From http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=132598293 :

Your calorie requirements should be calculated from http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=121703981 to do the above calculations.

If I were you, I wouldn't guess how much fat I would need, rather calculate out and go from there. Adjust to your body's response.
    I thought it was 60% fat 5% carbs rest protien =)
    A goal without a vision is nothing more than a dream!~me~

IIFYM+IF

On Vacation!

heynakk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) heynakk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) heynakk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) heynakk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) heynakk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) heynakk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) heynakk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) heynakk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) heynakk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) heynakk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) heynakk is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by cavermeulen View Post
    I thought it was 60% fat 5% carbs rest protien =)
    It is, as seen in the quote. I linked that thread from the nutrition section for determining the required calories for cutting. Take that number and apply it to the keto percents to figure out your required grams of fat/carbs/protein.