Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    ase19 is just really nice. (+1000) ase19 is just really nice. (+1000) ase19 is just really nice. (+1000) ase19 is just really nice. (+1000) ase19 is just really nice. (+1000) ase19 is just really nice. (+1000) ase19 is just really nice. (+1000) ase19 is just really nice. (+1000) ase19 is just really nice. (+1000) ase19 is just really nice. (+1000) ase19 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by lee__d View Post
    Creatine and protein powder (if u cant get enough protein from whole food) are the only useful supps anyway
    True, and untrue. They are the most researched, effective, affordable supps for the novice lifter.. But there are several other supps that work wonders for certain goals, and most people don't even know about them.

Citrulline and Beta Alanine for example, are extremely useful supps to me. But what do most people take as a vasodilator/endurance maximizer? Arginine. WHY? because that's what is advertised constantly! Not because it works. People have been supplementing with Arginine for many years, but it is absolutely ineffective, in oral dosage in humans. Arginine has been completely de-bunked, but the average weightlifter doesn't know that. Same thing with glutamine. It has been shown to be completely ineffective for exercising purposes, yet it sells like ****ing hotcakes. And not just to high school kids who think it's gonna make em bench 300, I'm talking about old school powerlifters that still waste their money on it!
    Remember that that the people that frequent Bodybuilding.com and do their research only account for maybe 5% (TOPS) of all regular weightlifters. So that other 95% is still pouring money into Muscletech's pocket, unaware.

BUT - If you notice Muscletech's new PWO supp (Neurocore i think?) coming out, it boasts "no arginine", and a good sized dose of citrulline. THIS is what I believe we can expect to come from this. Best believe, GNC/VS/BB.com isn't going anywhere. So I think this will just force the supp companies to put out more effective products. It may raise the price and lower competition, but I'm ok with biting that bullet so that those who don't do their research don't waste their money.

Just imagine the day, when you can walk into GNC and actually believe what the commission-based salesman is saying. To a point, of course.

Originally Posted by JordanW View Post
    This is a good thing, you should know exactly what your taking and the amounts, on top of that you should be comfortable buying things knowing there is proof it is helpful... So many supplments these days have so many unfounded claims with untested ingredients its bizarre

Originally Posted by R3ppedUp View Post
    the FDA blocking supplements because they are "ineffective" is ****ing bull****. they withhold useful drugs from people who need them because theres no profit in it for them, and they release harmful drugs without proper testing to maximize profits again. greedy, greedy, greedy, and so transparent.
    First of all, what harmful drugs are you talking about that the FDA approved? And by putting "ineffective" in quotation marks, are you implying that there are no ineffective products in the supplement market today? What "useful drugs" are they withholding? And who "needs" them? Kid, everyone that has time to exercise.. has everything they need. Nobody "needs" testosterone/hgh/etc. Get a grip.

Originally Posted by Bones98 View Post
    The supp industry is so unregulated and I think this is great.

God knows what kind of other materials and ingredients are in our supplements that we don't know about.
    http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/m...rink/index.htm
    EVERYONE PLEASE TAKE A QUICK LOOK AT THIS^^

As for prohormones, I don't think that is related to this issue. All the common prohormones are effective, bottom line. The PH manufacturers will have no problem showing evidence that their product raises testosterone levels. Then it's just an issue of the FDA banning it because it's dangerous/liver toxic. Trust me, I believe steroids should be legal just as much as everyone else in here. But I don't think it will be a problem: Every time one man-made chemical becomes banned, the manufacturers create another one with just the slightest change in structure that gives more or less the same results.

/rant
    Savage 'bout my cabbage.

Shadow666 is just really nice. (+1000) Shadow666 is just really nice. (+1000) Shadow666 is just really nice. (+1000) Shadow666 is just really nice. (+1000) Shadow666 is just really nice. (+1000) Shadow666 is just really nice. (+1000) Shadow666 is just really nice. (+1000) Shadow666 is just really nice. (+1000) Shadow666 is just really nice. (+1000) Shadow666 is just really nice. (+1000) Shadow666 is just really nice. (+1000)
    This should not affect regular protein powders.

This will only effect products like Jack3d

stanpatela is not very helpful. (-500) stanpatela is not very helpful. (-500) stanpatela is not very helpful. (-500) stanpatela is not very helpful. (-500) stanpatela is not very helpful. (-500) stanpatela is not very helpful. (-500) stanpatela is not very helpful. (-500) stanpatela is not very helpful. (-500) stanpatela is not very helpful. (-500) stanpatela is not very helpful. (-500) stanpatela is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by repsDTGdaily View Post
    i don't have to prove anything to you, *******. almost every statement you'll see online are blanket statements. and yes, they are sheep. people who conform. it's lack of will power and abusing "faith". People get a scratch, take a pain killer. have a bruise? here's some oxycodine. many ailments people take drugs continuously for can be cured by a better diet or a change of habit. get your head out of your ass, son
    You sir are a dolt. noone gets oxycotin for a scratch or bruise
    lrn2 pharmacy dolt

,son