LegLauncher has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LegLauncher has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LegLauncher has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LegLauncher has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LegLauncher has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LegLauncher has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LegLauncher has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LegLauncher has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LegLauncher has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LegLauncher has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LegLauncher has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Feeling very dizzy and lightheaded during and after workouts

I have been getting very dizzy and light headed during my workouts and for about 30 minutes after.

I have only just started getting into lifting properly, but I have been eating the right stuff before and after, yet I keep getting dizzy and lightheaded, to the point it almost makes me sick.

Yesterday I finished my workout and because I'd blasted my legs so much I could hardly walk and my legs felt really tight and solid, like rocks, and they were really stiff, this felt weird and lasted about 30 minutes.

On top of that I was just not with it mentally, and I was dizzy.

What can I do to help stop this happening?

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Don't eat during the hour before the workout. Aside from that, timing of meals is not really relevant, you just need to be in net caloric surplus for the day.

You will have to ease yourself into training to allow your body a chance to adapt. Perhaps do some light cardio at the end of your workout. Never train to failure on any exercise.

Avoid stimulants including caffeine

LegLauncher has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LegLauncher has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LegLauncher has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LegLauncher has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LegLauncher has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LegLauncher has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LegLauncher has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LegLauncher has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LegLauncher has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LegLauncher has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LegLauncher has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    Don't eat during the hour before the workout. Aside from that, timing of meals is not really relevant, you just need to be in net caloric surplus for the day.

You will have to ease yourself into training to allow your body a chance to adapt. Perhaps do some light cardio at the end of your workout. Never train to failure on any exercise.

Avoid stimulants including caffeine
    Thanks, but do you mean literally never train to failure? I always thought that training to failure was the best way for good gains, or just never train to failure whilst easing into it?
    Yes light cardio is essential to me at the end of every workout.

Also I thought that it's very important to have a complex carb and protein meal about 1 hour before workout.
    And for example if I was working out in the morning to be able to lift enough, I'd need something decent inside of me, despite what I would be eating after the workout for the rest of the day
    Last edited by LegLauncher; 07-13-2011 at 02:45 AM.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by LegLauncher View Post
    Do you mean literally never train to failure? I always thought that training to failure was the best way for good gains
    Maybe not never - but rarely, it puts an unreasonable load on your central nervous system. You only need to be using 90% of intensity to recruit all muscle fibers.

Amelioration has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Control your breathing dude. Kinda stating the obvious but don't hold your breath when doing reps.

Bad posture and breathing are the main things which caused me to feel lightheaded.

Originally Posted by LegLauncher View Post
    Also I thought that it's very important to have a complex carb and protein meal about 1 hour before workout.
    And for example if I was working out in the morning to be able to lift enough, I'd need something decent inside of me, despite what I would be eating after the workout for the rest of the day
    It is not. I train not having eating anything for 16 hours. Does not affect me negatively at all.

Read the pre/post workout nutrition sticky in the nutrition forum.

chrissypoo13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chrissypoo13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chrissypoo13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chrissypoo13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chrissypoo13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chrissypoo13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chrissypoo13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chrissypoo13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chrissypoo13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chrissypoo13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chrissypoo13 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    This hasnt been stated yet but make sure you're staying hydrated as well.

Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Amelioration View Post
    Control your breathing dude. Kinda stating the obvious but don't hold your breath when doing reps.

Bad posture and breathing are the main things which caused me to feel lightheaded.
    Eh no. Holding your breath with heavy weight is totaly natural and you have to do it. The PT's BS "inhale when you move the weight down then exhale when going up" is fine when doing curl or bench with light weight for many reps...but try doing a squat with 90% of 1RM while "controling" your breath. You have to keep your breath when doing heavy reps to support your spine and to stabilize the internal pressure of heavy weight.

Feeling lightheaded is mainly caused by low blood pressure. Deshydratation, low blood sugar and not enough rest can cause a low blood pressure. So OP, maybe you were deshydrated. Maybe did you eat something before training that may have fluctute your glycemic index. Maybe were you tired?

Was it the first time your expirement these discomfort? Maybe this training was really intense and your body was hit hard?
    ☆ ☆ QUEBEC CREW ☆ ☆

OW log :
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149575693&p=977696913#post977696913

Competition lift : 212 kg total (95/117) @ 77 kg

Diddii will become famous soon enough. (+50) Diddii will become famous soon enough. (+50) Diddii will become famous soon enough. (+50) Diddii will become famous soon enough. (+50) Diddii will become famous soon enough. (+50) Diddii will become famous soon enough. (+50) Diddii will become famous soon enough. (+50) Diddii will become famous soon enough. (+50) Diddii will become famous soon enough. (+50) Diddii will become famous soon enough. (+50) Diddii will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i get light headed after my leg workouts, probably just the intensity :/ then it's gone after 10-15min when i stop

Amelioration has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Saintsqc View Post
    Eh no. Holding your breath with heavy weight is totaly natural and you have to do it.
    By this I meant, e.g.:

*INHALE*
    *do 8 bicep curls*
    *EXHALE*

He mentioned he only started working out recently, so although it's stating the obvious, the obvious is sometimes worth stating