Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Great hair, decent ass otterakl's Avatar
    otterakl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) otterakl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) otterakl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) otterakl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) otterakl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) otterakl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) otterakl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) otterakl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) otterakl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) otterakl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) otterakl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Delgod View Post
    lol wut?
    You asked if he lifted for 2-3 hours when it was clear he was saying he enjoys lifting 2-3 hours AFTER a filling meal. That's two different threads where you have misunderstood what the person above you was typing.
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
    -Mark Twain

Delgod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Delgod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Delgod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Delgod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Delgod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Delgod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Delgod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Delgod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Delgod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Delgod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Delgod has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by otterakl View Post
    You asked if he lifted for 2-3 hours when it was clear he was saying he enjoys his meal 2-3 hours AFTER lifting. That's two different threads where you have misunderstood what the person above you was typing.
    yea you are right. i am really tired. i need to get some damn sleep.

msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000)
    you lift for 2-3 hours?
    I typically lift 2-3 hours after eating (not fasted).

That said, I usually lift for 90-120 minutes.

Delgod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Delgod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Delgod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Delgod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Delgod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Delgod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Delgod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Delgod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Delgod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Delgod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Delgod has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by msm00b View Post
    I typically lift 2-3 hours after eating (not fasted).

That said, I usually lift for 90-120 minutes.
    X_x with cardio or straight up lifting?

msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000)
    X_x with cardio or straight up lifting?
    Straight up lifting. With my work schedule I can't make it to the gym more than 2-3x a week. I'd prefer to break it up into shorter sessions, but that's not gonna happen at this point in my life.

My typical gym trips these days are either total upper body compounds (with a few isolation exercises) or total lower body compound along with isolations. I have a set of 35lb (each) dumbbells and 50lb (each) dumbbells I can use to supplement biceps/shoulder in my spare time at home along with a pullup bar. My wife has some lighter weights I never touch. My big focus in the gym are the compound or otherwise exercises I can't manage at home: flat barbell bench, incline/military heavyweight dumbbell flies, barbell rows, pec cables etc. It's not a perfect routine but it's the best I can manage with what's available to me now.

Straight up lifting. With my work schedule I can't make it to the gym more than 2-3x a week. I'd prefer to break it up into shorter sessions, but that's not gonna happen at this point in my life.

My typical gym trips these days are either total upper body compounds (with a few isolation exercises) or total lower body compound along with isolations. I have a set of 35lb (each) dumbbells and 50lb (each) dumbbells I can use to supplement biceps/shoulder in my spare time at home along with a pullup bar. My wife has some lighter weights I never touch. My big focus in the gym are the compound or otherwise exercises I can't manage at home: flat barbell bench, incline/military heavyweight dumbbell flies, barbell rows, pec cables etc. It's not a perfect routine but it's the best I can manage with what's available to me now.
    some people can handle the longer workouts. i personally cant. i am in there 30-40 minutes and i am out.

but i do low volume lifting. 3 days on 1 day off. when school starts back up I will have to change my routine of course. but since i just have a gf and 0 responsibilities for the next month other than preparing for Tyler. I know it is much easier for me to do so

samsont is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) samsont is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) samsont is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) samsont is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) samsont is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) samsont is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) samsont is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) samsont is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) samsont is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) samsont is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) samsont is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    personally i don't think any supplementation should be a "HUGE part" . It just doesn't seem right. It should be an aid, at most.
    Recovering fatass

sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    this has been an interesting debate for me, as i take my BCAAs during every workout and now it looks like i may not need to buy any more as long as i'm getting enough protein from food. i don't even count any of the protein from the BCAAs towards my daily goal, so i guess that just means more that's going towards my body. i'll have to see what it's like without the BCAAs when i run out. i mean, i only spent $30 on my container of Xtend, and since i only use it on lifting days (3x a week), it's lasted a few months and still has 1/3 left i believe...

btw, my workouts are usually directly after finishing my shift and typically last 2 hrs to 2.5 hrs. granted i take longer rest breaks between sets so that i can lift heavy as i can and sometimes i do 6-7 sets per particular exercise, but i don't see anything wrong with it b/c my body hasn't told me it's overkill yet. once i start cutting it might be a different story, but for now it's been great. i simply could not get in and out of the gym in under an hour and feel like i really fatigued my muscles.

Originally Posted by sharpieblet View Post
    this has been an interesting debate for me, as i take my BCAAs during every workout and now it looks like i may not need to buy any more as long as i'm getting enough protein from food. i don't even count any of the protein from the BCAAs towards my daily goal, so i guess that just means more that's going towards my body. i'll have to see what it's like without the BCAAs when i run out. i mean, i only spent $30 on my container of Xtend, and since i only use it on lifting days (3x a week), it's lasted a few months and still has 1/3 left i believe...

btw, my workouts are usually directly after finishing my shift and typically last 2 hrs to 2.5 hrs. granted i take longer rest breaks between sets so that i can lift heavy as i can and sometimes i do 6-7 sets per particular exercise, but i don't see anything wrong with it b/c my body hasn't told me it's overkill yet. once i start cutting it might be a different story, but for now it's been great. i simply could not get in and out of the gym in under an hour and feel like i really fatigued my muscles.
    i bought the 1100g one for 53 dollars
    300g one isnt worth it

sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    there's definitely a heck of a lot more value for the 1100g one, but i was also only able to spend $30 on BCAAs as i already have to shell out for Jack3d and protein, so i find a way to make it last lol.

vchase has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    And some of us just like to train in a non-fasted state period.

I do my absolute best lifting 2-3 hours after a maginally-fatty, protein and carb filled meal.
    I think everyone would agree that performance is better after a small meal than after 18hrs fast. But isn't the point of the fast, not to perform better but to get better lean muscle growth results? i.e. to deliberately deplete the body and over-deplete during training, in order to force over compensation. Versus at the end of say six months training then PERFORM with a fitter body and NOT fasted.
    I mean there is a difference between how you prep for training vs how you prep for performance, right?

Cuwclarke is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    For anyone who is content at staying at 145 pounds of skin and bones, you're right, BCAA's are a waste of money. For people who want an impressive physique with bulging muscles and unparalleled definition, BCAA's have their place. First person testimonies have always done more for me than broscience.