hitthematt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hitthematt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hitthematt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hitthematt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hitthematt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hitthematt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hitthematt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hitthematt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hitthematt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hitthematt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hitthematt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy Dealing with an injury ... kinda making me depressed.

Bit of backstory before I start. In July 2007, I weighed 300 lbs. Several factors all started to build on one another: I was ashamed of my body, my grandfather was diagnosed with diabetes, and all my co-workers (plus myself) were overweight.

Well, I changed that, obviously. Look at my profile picture. Currently, I'm 190 pounds. My lowest was 170, but that was before I started lifting for strength instead of lifting for losing weight. I was also working a stressful job (teaching) and I didn't eat much.

Sometime in June, I must have injured my rotator cuff. I can't do any pressing movements without the portion of my right pectorals next to my armpit tightening/hurting at all. Like an idiot, I continued to lift heavy. Last Thursday, it got to the point to where I moving my shoulder in a certain plane would cause sharp, but small pains. My trainer says its most likely my rotator cuff, although he has advised me to see a doctor about it.

I've got the doctor's visit lined up for later this week, but this now cuts out nearly a third of my workout, including the ego-inflating chest workout. Although I can deal with the ego, there's something deeper. Weight lifting changed me dramatically from a low self-esteem POS person to someone with confidence and charisma. I can't do a portion of my workout and now have to rehab my injury and there's a part of me that thinks that this could lead me back to how I was 4 years ago.

I know it's silly to think that, but logic often falls to emotion. And in this case, my emotions concerning this issue are very powerful. Does anyone have any advice or has been in a similar situation? How did YOU handle it?

NegatronPrime is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NegatronPrime is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NegatronPrime is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NegatronPrime is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NegatronPrime is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NegatronPrime is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NegatronPrime is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NegatronPrime is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NegatronPrime is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NegatronPrime is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NegatronPrime is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    got the exact same thing. right rotator cuff, hurts like fuarrrk right now after benching today. had it in both a while ago but it did go away with laying off heavy shoulder workouts and just sticking to manageable stuff for a while.

best thing i did was realise that theyre important and i needed to warm them up properly.

youtube: rotator cuff warm up

i also find using maybe an 8lb dumbell and a preacher bench to warm them up. kneeling to the side of the bench, arm on bench (same as youd put it for a curl), palm down and lift up to just before 90degrees.

dont let it get you down dude its just a training hiccup, but start helping it now before pushing harder and making it worse

Zergy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have had numerous injuries (severed a tendon in my right hand, my left arm is chronically dislocated at the elbow, blown out both knees) the BEST advice I can offer is don't submit to desperation and risk potential futher injury. Also adapt, evolve and find different ways to work different muscles. Depression and apathy are by far the WORST "injuries" one can suffer and can leave you down and out far longer and more severely than an injured rotater cuff. Best of luck, friend.

CaitlinCaitlyn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CaitlinCaitlyn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CaitlinCaitlyn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CaitlinCaitlyn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CaitlinCaitlyn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CaitlinCaitlyn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CaitlinCaitlyn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CaitlinCaitlyn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CaitlinCaitlyn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CaitlinCaitlyn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CaitlinCaitlyn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    proper exercise can prevent injury! having a exercise instruction can do a lot of advantage