HolisticGalaxy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up ACSM-cPT - How To Pass The Test

I barely passed my exam this morning with a score of 600. Passing is >550. I completed all SAPTB.com exams until I was making perfect scores, I attended the last day of the ACSM 3-day workshop, and I reviewed the Resources for Personal Trainers textbook. I also perused at what others said about the ACSM-cPT exam online. I studied everyday anywhere from 30 minutes to a couple of hours, for about a month.

The test has no diagrams so picking out muscles and bones will not come up. There are no videos. The math was not too heavy but I really studied my formulas.

Know the heart, how stroke volume and cardiac output relate, flow of blood through the heart, chambers, type of muscle in the heart, and tricuspid valve.

Know WHR, HRR, and CVD Risk Factors. One scenario involved a person with a fasting glucose of 100mg/dl which qualifies as a risk factor under ACSM CVD thresholds but as I added up the other risk factors (sedentary, obese) there was no multiple choice answer which would include Impaired Fasting Glucose. Not sure how to answer it.

Know which are eccentric / concentric while climbing uphill and jogging downhill.

Know special populations, elderly, children, and especially pregnant women. One question asked which position a second / third trimester should NOT exercise in. Choice included supine, prone, on hands & knees, and on side. You can only choose one. I vacillated between supine and prone. Obviously prone leg curls is not cool, and supine bench press is not cool. But you can only choose one answer...supine is what they were probably going for.

Know dyslipidemia thresholds >200mg/dl LDL or <40mg/dl HDL. Know BMI >30 is obese.

Salt pills came up three times on test. They never came up in my studies, they're not in the book or in the workshop manual. It also asked twice about long-term use of high protein, I guessed calcium retention then changed my answer, I had it right the first time. Doh! It asked how much oil a person should consume in relation to protein consumption. Know how to spot edema.

Know ACSM CR fitness recommendations as well as CDC proposed activity levels.

Review psychological components and review all aspects of assessments in DETAIL.

The big picture they are looking for on this test is how safely a person can train. This cert is clinical and using medical terminology, ACSM has done a great job at distinguishing themselves.

Good luck!
    --

"The quality of your life is in direct proportion to the amount of uncertainty you can comfortably live with." ~ Tony Robbins

FueledByYelyah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FueledByYelyah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FueledByYelyah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FueledByYelyah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FueledByYelyah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FueledByYelyah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FueledByYelyah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FueledByYelyah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FueledByYelyah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FueledByYelyah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FueledByYelyah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by HolisticGalaxy View Post
    I barely passed my exam this morning with a score of 600. Passing is >550. I completed all SAPTB.com exams until I was making perfect scores, I attended the last day of the ACSM 3-day workshop, and I reviewed the Resources for Personal Trainers textbook. I also perused at what others said about the ACSM-cPT exam online. I studied everyday anywhere from 30 minutes to a couple of hours, for about a month.

The test has no diagrams so picking out muscles and bones will not come up. There are no videos. The math was not too heavy but I really studied my formulas.

Know the heart, how stroke volume and cardiac output relate, flow of blood through the heart, chambers, type of muscle in the heart, and tricuspid valve.

Know WHR, HRR, and CVD Risk Factors. One scenario involved a person with a fasting glucose of 100mg/dl which qualifies as a risk factor under ACSM CVD thresholds but as I added up the other risk factors (sedentary, obese) there was no multiple choice answer which would include Impaired Fasting Glucose. Not sure how to answer it.

Know which are eccentric / concentric while climbing uphill and jogging downhill.

Know special populations, elderly, children, and especially pregnant women. One question asked which position a second / third trimester should NOT exercise in. Choice included supine, prone, on hands & knees, and on side. You can only choose one. I vacillated between supine and prone. Obviously prone leg curls is not cool, and supine bench press is not cool. But you can only choose one answer...supine is what they were probably going for.

Know dyslipidemia thresholds >200mg/dl LDL or <40mg/dl HDL. Know BMI >30 is obese.

Salt pills came up three times on test. They never came up in my studies, they're not in the book or in the workshop manual. It also asked twice about long-term use of high protein, I guessed calcium retention then changed my answer, I had it right the first time. Doh! It asked how much oil a person should consume in relation to protein consumption. Know how to spot edema.

Review psychological components and review all aspects of assessments in DETAIL.

The big picture they are looking for on this test is how safely a person can train. This cert is clinical and using medical terminology, ACSM has done a great job at distinguishing themselves.

Good luck!
    you are a GOD

thanks for posting this

where did you take this test?

LipS22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This information was monumental in aiding me in passing my exam. Great stuff! Good luck to those taking the test in the future.

Awesome304 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Congrats

Awesome job passing the test!
    Can't stop...Won't stop!

vancityrolla is not very well liked. (-100) vancityrolla is not very well liked. (-100) vancityrolla is not very well liked. (-100) vancityrolla is not very well liked. (-100) vancityrolla is not very well liked. (-100) vancityrolla is not very well liked. (-100) vancityrolla is not very well liked. (-100) vancityrolla is not very well liked. (-100) vancityrolla is not very well liked. (-100) vancityrolla is not very well liked. (-100) vancityrolla is not very well liked. (-100)
    Thanks! im taking my test in a few months this helps alot!

Registered User AngelSwtAsMelon's Avatar
    AngelSwtAsMelon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

SAPTB.com significantly help?

Good luck!
    Thank you very much for all this info! VEry kind of you to post this! Okay, so I did run across that SAPTB.COM site a little bit ago and was skeptical based on the websites simplicity as well as several reviews I read on websites such as Scam.com What I am wondering is, how significantly do you think the website helped? What proportion of how useful was this website based off all the material that you used? Your thoughts would be appreciated. Thank you!!

ravenrules has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Red face VO2 R / MET / HRR Formulas

Thanks for posting this man, I am preparing for the test now, I Have a question. What about the VO2 R/ MET / HRR formulas. becuase they are really complicated and hard to study. Did u come across any of this in the exam.

Thanks man.
    LIFT....!!

weaponxpf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) weaponxpf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) weaponxpf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) weaponxpf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) weaponxpf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) weaponxpf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I'm ACSM certified (I had to fail the first time though) and that is a tougher certification but it's worth it for the academic recognition. If anybody needs the books I can sell you my 3 ACSM certification books. ACSM Resources for the Personal Trainer, 3rd Edition. ACSM Guidelines For Exercise Testing and Prescription, 8th Edition. ACSM Certification Review, 3rd Edition. just PM me

NASMforlife has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NASMforlife has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NASMforlife has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NASMforlife has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NASMforlife has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NASMforlife has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NASMforlife has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NASMforlife has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NASMforlife has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NASMforlife has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NASMforlife has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Thanks for the post. I have this certification on my to do list. I'm really nervous about taking it as I heard it is the hardest of all CPT certifications. It's also supposed to be one of the best though so it is worth the hard work.

sifuuga has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

ACSM test

Good luck!
    Thanks for the post, man. I am getting ready to schedule my ACSM test soon and was curious what I needed to focus on. After reading your post I think I'll re-focus on cardiac chapters.

Valbot2000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

3 day?

Thank you for posting your story!

Anyone who took the ACSM CPT exam do it without taking one of the 3 day seminars? I feel like I'm 80% confident about what I know, but I scheduled my exam and now I'm wondering if its super helpful to take a seminar?
    I average about 85 on all the practice tests.. There are definitely some questions that throw me for a loop.. Any comments will be super appreciated! Thanks!

I Drive Spoons is on a distinguished road. (+10) I Drive Spoons is on a distinguished road. (+10) I Drive Spoons is on a distinguished road. (+10) I Drive Spoons is on a distinguished road. (+10) I Drive Spoons is on a distinguished road. (+10) I Drive Spoons is on a distinguished road. (+10) I Drive Spoons is on a distinguished road. (+10) I Drive Spoons is on a distinguished road. (+10) I Drive Spoons is on a distinguished road. (+10) I Drive Spoons is on a distinguished road. (+10) I Drive Spoons is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Valbot2000 View Post
    Thank you for posting your story!

Anyone who took the ACSM CPT exam do it without taking one of the 3 day seminars? I feel like I'm 80% confident about what I know, but I scheduled my exam and now I'm wondering if its super helpful to take a seminar?
    I average about 85 on all the practice tests.. There are definitely some questions that throw me for a loop.. Any comments will be super appreciated! Thanks!
    i took the webinar, but i just read the book and tested myself with the review book for the most part. i don't know what i scored but i passed it. i think you'll do well on it. good luck on it!

Originally Posted by I Drive Spoons View Post
    i took the webinar, but i just read the book and tested myself with the review book for the most part. i don't know what i scored but i passed it. i think you'll do well on it. good luck on it!
    Thank you so much! I just want to take it and move on!

kmorris16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thank you so much! I just want to take it and move on!
    let us know how it goes. i'm looking to take mine in a couple weeks! getting pretty nervous!

Registered User Briiiiliantmate's Avatar
    Briiiiliantmate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Briiiiliantmate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Briiiiliantmate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Briiiiliantmate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Briiiiliantmate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Briiiiliantmate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Briiiiliantmate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Briiiiliantmate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Briiiiliantmate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Briiiiliantmate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Briiiiliantmate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    As long as you go through the material a couple of times you'll be fine.
    'Real beauty is what's inside.' You know you are ugly if someone tells you this.

Smile I passed!

Originally Posted by kmorris16 View Post
    let us know how it goes. i'm looking to take mine in a couple weeks! getting pretty nervous!
    I passed today, barely with just under 600 also. Total relief though to discover the results were immediate. I had heard they would be like 2-4 weeks to get. I studied my butt off, using the last edition of the ACSM books.. (Not the newest edition) I really knew my sh*t but the questions were all like 10 out of 10 on the difficulty scale. Good luck!! I'm sure you will do great! Just study how the heart works, spotting techniques, risk stratification, HRR calculations too. A few of them.
    Good luck!!

kmorris16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I passed today, barely with just under 600 also. Total relief though to discover the results were immediate. I had heard they would be like 2-4 weeks to get. I studied my butt off, using the last edition of the ACSM books.. (Not the newest edition) I really knew my sh*t but the questions were all like 10 out of 10 on the difficulty scale. Good luck!! I'm sure you will do great! Just study how the heart works, spotting techniques, risk stratification, HRR calculations too. A few of them.
    Good luck!!
    Thanks! congrats on passing! taking my test on next tuesday so we're about a week out. I don't know how much more i could possiibly study! i'm ready to get it over with

I Drive Spoons is on a distinguished road. (+10) I Drive Spoons is on a distinguished road. (+10) I Drive Spoons is on a distinguished road. (+10) I Drive Spoons is on a distinguished road. (+10) I Drive Spoons is on a distinguished road. (+10) I Drive Spoons is on a distinguished road. (+10) I Drive Spoons is on a distinguished road. (+10) I Drive Spoons is on a distinguished road. (+10) I Drive Spoons is on a distinguished road. (+10) I Drive Spoons is on a distinguished road. (+10) I Drive Spoons is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Good luck!!
    congrats on passing! and i still haven't received my results. wtf?

zhaobaoabc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by I Drive Spoons View Post
    congrats on passing! and i still haven't received my results. wtf?
    It's very attractive! And it offers me a lot of help. I'm looking forward to your next post!
    bride wedding dress :http://www.bridal-dress-online.com
    cisco router :http://www.cisco-onlines.com

Katlinoh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Taking my exam tomorrow- this was so great to find and read tonight. Thank you!
    Katlin

Instagram @katlinfit