Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by samsont View Post
    statistical data =/= broscience, please go
    dude get your panties out of their massive twist.

If you like eating 4 meals a day and a protein shake (weighing every third day) and that works for you GJDM!

If you like eating two meals and a snack of an apple (weighing everyday and logging it) and that works for you, GJDM!

Christ. The funny thing, I weigh myself almost everyday too. To put the point in another phrasing---like meal frequency, frequency of montoriing one's weight is a matter of preference. You're either losing weight (eating at a deficit) or you are not.

Happy? Can I stay in your cool little thread.

I could draw pictures to illustrate my point differently, if you'd like.

Registered User VariantInterval's Avatar
    VariantInterval has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VariantInterval has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VariantInterval has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VariantInterval has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VariantInterval has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VariantInterval has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VariantInterval has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VariantInterval has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VariantInterval has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VariantInterval has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VariantInterval has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Lol the whole point of weighing daily is not to observe the day to day, but to be able to accurately observe progress over time. Not sure if you read this thread.

Yes i read it, did you read mine? Other than keeping you on track (mentally), i dont see how daily weigh-ins are advantageous over weekly or biweekly weigh-ins, unless you're changing your diet and exercise plan on a daily basis and want to see your body's response to the changes. Of course you should see a downward trend, but by weighing on a daily basis, you just end up observing all the little fluctuations in weight that are meaningless to your endgame. You'll also see a regular downward trend if you weigh yourself weekly or biweekly, so long as you keep the conditions of your weigh-in the same and are consistent with your diet and exercise.

you say the point of weighing yourself daily is to be able to "accurately observe progress overtime". If this is the case, you are arguing against your own point, as 24 hours is pretty much nothing as far as "over time" is concerned in weight loss.

Only good reason i've ever heard given for people to weigh themselves daily is to use it as a reminder and keep them on track. i.e, if they didn't weigh themselves daily, they would start slipping on their diet and fail.
    Last edited by VariantInterval; 07-12-2011 at 04:58 PM.

Lelaki Bangunan Seksi LengthyLifter's Avatar
    LengthyLifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LengthyLifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LengthyLifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LengthyLifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LengthyLifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LengthyLifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LengthyLifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LengthyLifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LengthyLifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LengthyLifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LengthyLifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by VariantInterval View Post
    Yes i read it, did you read mine? Still not seeing why this is beneficial, unless you're changing your diet and exercise plan on a daily basis and want to see your body's response to the changes. Of course you should see a downward trend, but by weighing on a daily basis, you just include all the little fluctuations that are meaningless to your endgame. You'll also see a regular downward trend if you way yourself weekly or biweekly, so long as you keep the conditions of your weigh-in the same.
    No single day has any meaning. It's about smoothing the trendline with multi-day averages.

nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Yes i read it, did you read mine? Still not seeing why this is beneficial, unless you're changing your diet and exercise plan on a daily basis and want to see your body's response to the changes. Of course you should see a downward trend, but by weighing on a daily basis, you just include all the little fluctuations that are meaningless to your endgame. You'll also see a regular downward trend if you way yourself weekly or biweekly, so long as you keep the conditions of your weigh-in the same.
    Strong username to post topic relevance.

LengthyLifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LengthyLifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LengthyLifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LengthyLifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LengthyLifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LengthyLifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LengthyLifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LengthyLifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LengthyLifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LengthyLifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LengthyLifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by nlite2000 View Post
    Happy? Can I stay in your cool little thread.

I could draw pictures to illustrate my point differently, if you'd like.
    You can stay, but only if you can provide us with a graph to illustrate your change in weight over the past month.

VariantInterval has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VariantInterval has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VariantInterval has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VariantInterval has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VariantInterval has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VariantInterval has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VariantInterval has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VariantInterval has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VariantInterval has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VariantInterval has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VariantInterval has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Strong username to post topic relevance.

lol'd

samsont is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) samsont is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) samsont is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) samsont is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) samsont is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) samsont is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) samsont is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) samsont is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) samsont is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) samsont is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) samsont is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by LengthyLifter View Post
    No single day has any meaning. It's about smoothing the trendline with multi-day averages.
    how is it so hard for them to understand?
    Recovering fatass

drewsedg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewsedg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewsedg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewsedg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewsedg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewsedg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewsedg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewsedg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewsedg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewsedg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewsedg has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    how is it so hard for them to understand?
    Dude, you are fat. You are going to be fat tomorrow, the next day, and the day after that. That trend is going to continue for months if not a year+ based on your current weight. Worrying about your weight every day isn't going to speed things up. Spending that much time thinking about it is just going to make it harder on you than it needs to be. Weight loss takes daily effort but it does not take daily assessment.

Weighing yourself even once a week is probably too much for the very reasons you mention. Water weight and digestive track contents can and will throw your scale weight off by more than you can typically lose in a week. What matters is the long term trend. If in one month you weigh less than you do right now you are doing the right thing. If not you need to make some changes.
    04/2010 - 295 Fattest
    11/11/11 - 171.8

Originally Posted by drewsedg View Post
    Dude, you are fat. You are going to be fat tomorrow, the next day, and the day after that. That trend is going to continue for months if not a year+ based on your current weight. Worrying about your weight every day isn't going to speed things up. Spending that much time thinking about it is just going to make it harder on you than it needs to be. Weight loss takes daily effort but it does not take daily assessment.

Weighing yourself even once a week is probably too much for the very reasons you mention. Water weight and digestive track contents can and will throw your scale weight off by more than you can typically lose in a week. What matters is the long term trend. If in one month you weigh less than you do right now you are doing the right thing. If not you need to make some changes.
    careful, he's real touchy. Also, he told some guy not to cardio in some other thread, which I found to be a hoot.

samsont is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) samsont is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) samsont is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) samsont is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) samsont is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) samsont is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) samsont is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) samsont is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) samsont is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) samsont is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) samsont is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by drewsedg View Post

strong observation, i applaud your abilities.

it's not hard. takes less than 30 seconds to write info down on pad and pen. spend like 5 minutes a week, tops enter the data and computing it. I'm not worried lol. trust me I know how to lose weight. my diet is spot on, and I compound lift on the reg. Liss on the reg.

but thats not the point. eh, some in this thread like to crunch the numbers. if it's not your thing then disregard this thread.
    Recovering fatass

careful, he's real touchy. Also, he told some guy not to cardio in some other thread, which I found to be a hoot.
    Wow okay, you're still mad about some thread I owned you in a week ago.

lets take things out of context....

some dude makes a post about wanting to hold ALL POSSIBLE muscle. lose all fat, keep all muscle.

forget cardio if thats your goal. You can cut up and get shredded without cardio. All diet and iron. Check out some of the most shredded people in this world, you'd be surprised at the lack of cardio.

now please go work on your singing&songwriting goals of 2011
    Recovering fatass

Alright, i'll bite...

samsont, what have you learned since you started weighing yourself daily and taking multi-day averages of your weight? What useful information has the data provided you?

some dude makes a post about wanting to hold ALL POSSIBLE muscle. lose all fat, keep all muscle.

forget cardio if thats your goal. You can cut up and get shredded without cardio. All diet and iron. Check out some of the most shredded people in this world, you'd be surprised at the lack of cardio.
    No, I wouldn't because I know that people don't do cardio and remain shredded. That was a guy wanting to lose 22 pounds. "Forget cardio" is just plumb bad advice.

Here's my issue with you--you give zero sum advice, and spout zero sum opinions about topics that aren't zero sum. As if you are Tom Venuto or sometihing. And you give this bad and/or overly black and white advice, while being obese. Also, it's vaguely amusing how short your fuse is. I'll admit it.

now please go work on your singing&songwriting goals of 2011
    Thanks for the plug.

Alright, i'll bite...

samsont, what have you learned since you started weighing yourself daily and taking multi-day averages of your weight? What useful information has the data provided you?
    I wasn't plataeuing when i thought i was.

My "maintence calories" were probably a bit higher than I thought.

I'm making progress when, my weekly averages might tell me otherwise.
    Recovering fatass

Wow okay, you're still mad about some thread I owned you in a week ago.]
    LOL--where and when did you own me, fatty?

Thanks for the plug.
    Yea, you would like to be plugged.

LOL--where and when did you own me, fatty?
    Oh look, I'm fat!
    Recovering fatass

Yea, you would like to be plugged.
    Oh right-- You "owned" me when you implied that I was a homosexual and made fun of my hair. Clearly, the actions of somebody who just won a debate.

Sometimes I like it when a real live girl shoves a finger up my ass when my dick's in her mouth. You know, I'm not uptight and ****.

When was the last time you saw your dick? When was the last time it was inside something that wasn't a complete ****ing warpig disaster?

Oh right-- You "owned" me when you implied that I was a homosexual and made fun of my hair. Clearly, the actions of somebody who just won a debate.

Sometimes I like it when a real live girl shoves a finger up my ass when my dick's in her mouth. You know, I'm not uptight and ****.

When was the last time you saw your dick? When was the last time it was inside something that wasn't a complete ****ing warpig disaster?
    yea, you're mad. Sorry I affect you so much. you're trying way too hard to put me down.

15~ or so years of being fat, fat jokes -- i'm immune to them. keep making yourself look like a 15 year old though.
    Recovering fatass

yea, you're mad. Sorry I affect you so much.
    Lulz.

Playing the "I'm bigger than this little squabble" card after proving you aren't, again.

Lulz.

Playing the "I'm bigger than this little squabble" card after proving you aren't, again.
    did you run out of fat jokes?

I want more.

Some drunk puerto rican told me I was going to break the scale at the grocery store a few months ago.

can you do better?
    Recovering fatass

did you run out of fat jokes?

I want more.

Some drunk puerto rican told me I was going to break the scale at the grocery store a few months ago.

can you do better?
    Sure---You have a moderate to high intellect, but you've always been physically repulsive to people, and to yourself, which compounds the problem--your own self-disgust projects itself outward, a self-fulfilling prophecy at its worst. So you overestimate your relative strength -intelligence--and overcompensate with a massive chip on your shoulder. In turn, you become quite petulant when you are bested and/or cogently challenged. It must suck. Unclench bro. It's okay to admit that you are wrong, or even just not entirely right. Learning this trick will make you a better thinker. Ironically, this is probably a larger problem for you than your weight.

Innerpeace32 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Innerpeace32 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Innerpeace32 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Innerpeace32 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Innerpeace32 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Innerpeace32 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Innerpeace32 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Innerpeace32 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Innerpeace32 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Innerpeace32 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Innerpeace32 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    weigh yourself everyday...

I think you should change that part of your post and you will be fine.

PS: You are so fat you show on radar.
    "Discipline is the act of learning all the time." J.K.

joechow will become famous soon enough. (+50) joechow will become famous soon enough. (+50) joechow will become famous soon enough. (+50) joechow will become famous soon enough. (+50) joechow will become famous soon enough. (+50) joechow will become famous soon enough. (+50) joechow will become famous soon enough. (+50) joechow will become famous soon enough. (+50) joechow will become famous soon enough. (+50) joechow will become famous soon enough. (+50) joechow will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Lmao at this thread. No need to get all bent out of shape when people aren't all over your idea of weighing themselves everyday.

PlasticJanus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PlasticJanus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PlasticJanus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PlasticJanus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PlasticJanus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PlasticJanus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PlasticJanus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PlasticJanus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PlasticJanus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PlasticJanus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PlasticJanus is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    To make a long story short: if you need to observe a trend to validate your weight-loss efforts, but can't wait three to four weeks to observe it, then you are doomed to fail, either because you do not have a good enough understanding of what you are doing or because you are intolerant of delayed gratification.

Delgod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Delgod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Delgod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Delgod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Delgod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Delgod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Delgod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Delgod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Delgod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Delgod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Delgod has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by PlasticJanus View Post
    To make a long story short: if you need to observe a trend to validate your weight-loss efforts, but can't wait three to four weeks to observe it, then you are doomed to fail, either because you do not have a good enough understanding of what you are doing or because you are intolerant of delayed gratification.
    i tend to disagree...

weighing myself everyday helps me stay on track and have a general idea of any slowdowns i may come across.

the scale is progress but pictures are "True progress"

OP I was wondering if you have any "True Progress to show"

GeneralEscape has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GeneralEscape has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GeneralEscape has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GeneralEscape has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GeneralEscape has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GeneralEscape has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GeneralEscape has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GeneralEscape has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GeneralEscape has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I weigh myself and track using Livestrong.com. I used to keep a notepad near the scale and just write it down. I like livestrong because it's web based and I can update it anywhere I have internet. I also use it to track calories. I also like to weigh myself every day. It used to bother me to watch the up-fluctuations, but now I'm used to it. I still like to keep a running idea in my head because I don't plan my cheats and I don't want it to throw off the week's single measurement.

spiffomatic64 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spiffomatic64 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    understand both sides of this silly argument, technically op is correct.

From a scientific standpoint more data=more accurate.

The larger the sample size, the more accurate the conclusions can be made.

That aside all the drama is funny

This thread went to a bad place in a hurry.

And nlite is a pop-star? Who knew? How do you stay contest-ready year-round, all while cranking out the hits?

I'm going to have to check out that video tomorrow.