Big Jav has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Post Is it a good idea to stop squatting and legs altogether!

My legs are doing rather well and are up to 24" and a half. but my upeer body is somewat lagging behind and i only go to the gym twice a week. I was in college b4 and was able to make up lost workouts there. heres the new routine im thinking of applying:

Sunday: Abs / Biceps**

Monday: Chest / Shoulders

Tuesday: Forearms**

Wednesday: Back / Lower Back /

Thursday: Abs / Triceps **

Friday: Forearms**

Saturday: Rest

I can train arms at home since i have an EZ bar and some dumbells with an decent amount of weight. But i only go my gym on Mondays and Wednesdays.

**= Cardio wer i do 30 mins of intensive jump rope (late night).

Will the cardio be enough work for my legs.

Any 1?????

cherubic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    yeah, stop training altogether, you'll grow like a champ then.

train your legs you lazy prick.

Its not that im lazy, i train my legs frequently but my upper body is lagging and therefore i was thinking of stopping my leg workouts for a while and concentrate on my upper body and cardio more.

goonies86 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) goonies86 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) goonies86 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) goonies86 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) goonies86 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) goonies86 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) goonies86 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) goonies86 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) goonies86 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) goonies86 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) goonies86 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I think you should still do them, but just not as frequent. Like once a week, or every other week, until your upper body comes up to par.

Geeza has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Geeza has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Geeza has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Geeza has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Geeza has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Geeza has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Geeza has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Geeza has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Geeza has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Geeza has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Geeza has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    if u stop training ur legs u will lose serious size.

do some maintainance work every so often like that other lads said. jump rope wont keep ur size in ur legs.

c ya
    " You say you gave it your all??? but did you did you really??? Now go out there and sweat Blood "

BBJ the daddy!
    the needs of the many out weigh the needs of the guy that can't run fast.

Future WWE Champion The Apocalypse's Avatar
    The Apocalypse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The Apocalypse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The Apocalypse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The Apocalypse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The Apocalypse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The Apocalypse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The Apocalypse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The Apocalypse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The Apocalypse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The Apocalypse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The Apocalypse has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Yeah, definitely train your legs. It's what seperates a champion from someone that's not a champion. In the gym I go to, I barely see people squatting or even training legs, so when we go in there and train our legs week in and week out, people are impressed. Because lots of people have strong chests, backs, and arms, but there are a select few who have strong legs.

Thumbs up

Yea i think u fellas are right about maintainance workouts on legs once every 2 weeks should be ok.

Wat about if i switch my back workout on wednesdays with my legs every week as follows:

Week 1: Back
    Week 2: Legs
    Week 3: Back
    Week 4: Legs

I will still do deadlifts every wednesday.

Rexer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rexer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rexer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rexer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rexer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rexer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rexer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rexer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rexer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rexer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rexer has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I do not know your leg routine but squats can add a lot of mass to your upper body too, so by all means do not stop training legs!

D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Your upper body is lacking because your split is terrible - wtf are you doing give forearms their own workout twice per week

derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Keep training your legs. Each bodypart needs to be worked.

jreynolds_4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jreynolds_4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jreynolds_4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jreynolds_4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jreynolds_4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jreynolds_4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jreynolds_4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jreynolds_4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jreynolds_4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jreynolds_4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jreynolds_4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    um...you should be trying to bring the rest of your body up to the development of your legs. NOT trying to bring your legs down to the development of the rest of your body!

Just up the intensity for your upper body workouts. Keep training legs with the same intensity that got them big.
    "These are the times in our lives that we can die and still survive"

Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally posted by Big Jav
    Yea i think u fellas are right about maintainance workouts on legs once every 2 weeks should be ok.

Wat about if i switch my back workout on wednesdays with my legs every week as follows:

Week 1: Back
    Week 2: Legs
    Week 3: Back
    Week 4: Legs

I will still do deadlifts every wednesday.
    I wouldn't suggest that. I'd say train your legs atleast every 10 days. Mabye at the end of every back day throw in a couple of sets of squats, that will help for maintnance. Peace
    REPS ARE ALWAYS GOOD

Էպշտեյնը իրեն չսպանեց sfgiants13's Avatar
    sfgiants13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sfgiants13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sfgiants13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sfgiants13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sfgiants13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sfgiants13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sfgiants13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sfgiants13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sfgiants13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sfgiants13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sfgiants13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Keep training them. Never, ever stop training them because you think they're big enough and way ahead of other body parts.
    (they/them) #ProudVegan We can beat this! Triple Vax. Wear Two Masks (one FFP2/3). Get a Covid Passport. Don't forget your Booster(s)! Asymptomatic long covid survivor

rainingphenom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rainingphenom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rainingphenom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rainingphenom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rainingphenom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rainingphenom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rainingphenom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rainingphenom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rainingphenom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rainingphenom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rainingphenom has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    yeah it would be a bad idea to stop training legs, maybe your just genetically inclined to have a great base for bodybuilding

Thats wat im saying i only can go to the gym 2 times a week, although i can train arms at home, i aint got enough weight to train other body parts at home.

yea i train forearms and abs twice a week. my forearms are lacking and i cant exactly train my other muscle groups twice a week because im too sore. besides the point my forearm workouts only last about 10-15 mins followed by jump rope.

But i always found it rather easy adding to my legs im an endomorph and becuase my weight has already given me rather good sized wheels to begin with. But i understand wat u guys are saying dont get me wrong i love doing squats and working out legs but its that im pressed for time and i cant fit everything into workout sessions. I love working my legs but not at the expense of my upper body.

Can anyone else suggest my an alternative 2 day workout split that dioesn't include arms since i can do arms at home
    ??

ultramuscle22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    kepp training em hard.

scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz
    hello are you serious legs are so important unless u are just a poser...

NextBestThing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NextBestThing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NextBestThing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NextBestThing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NextBestThing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NextBestThing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NextBestThing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NextBestThing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NextBestThing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NextBestThing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NextBestThing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Do

Chest/Shoulders/Traps/Triceps
    rest
    rest
    Back/Legs/Abs/Forearms
    rest
    biceps
    rest

There ya go a 2 day a week split with biceps not included. I wouldnt do this kind of a workout but if its ur only choice...
    So close to 10k, green is my favorite color nom saiyan?

CheekyKunt Crew
    92Brah

Chest/Shoulders/Traps/Triceps
    rest
    rest
    Back/Legs/Abs/Forearms
    rest
    biceps
    rest

That is a bit too much i said not to include arms (Bicep/Triceps and Forearms) i can do these at home.

Chest/shoulders and traps sounds ok

but Bak and / Legs - wouldn't that b overtraining

EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Why can you only go to the gym twice a week?

Because im too poor (even tho im working) to go 3 times a week, i gotta support my protein habbits and i got a wife to support who i love very much.

I used to go three times a week but now i can only manage twice a week i hope that doesn't go down to once a week.

life is gettin Tough i think im only gonna last in training through to next summer thats wen im gettin married. its gettin more and more difficulat to workout as every day passes

Yea anyways has any1 else got any suggestions for a 2-day split???

Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Poppa Pump is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally posted by Big Jav
    Yea anyways has any1 else got any suggestions for a 2-day split???
    try a push/pull day. First day work out everythingh where you push, second day where you pull.

push: triceps, chest, quads, calves, front delts

pull: medial delts, posterior delts, back (including traps), hamstrings....and i guess abs would go here too.
    REPS ARE ALWAYS GOOD

Rexer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rexer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rexer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rexer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rexer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rexer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rexer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rexer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rexer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rexer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rexer has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally posted by D&G
    Your upper body is lacking because your split is terrible - wtf are you doing give forearms their own workout twice per week
    Well, I sometimes do, during an off day of training. I just think he did not write it down properly. The forearm days should have been written as additional work days. It will make more sense that way...