alexmarz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Time for a change..

I've spent most of my life eating whatever I want, when I wanted it. I just had a check up, and the doctor told me I had low cholesterol(stay away from red meat), but everything else was perfect. I am 19, 6'4 and about 475. I played football, and surprisingly enough, quite fast. you'd NEVER guess my weight by looking at me. I figured it's time to shed the weight while im still healthy. I'll never be skinny, but i want to get down to around 250, and my LAST option would be some kind of surgery. I've lost 90 pounds in 4 months for football, and been on the common diets that never work, but nothing has really worked for me. I recent got some Opti-men vitamins, some Optimum Gold Standard, fish oil, Xtend and some diet pills by the name of "Phentermin (no e) 37.5. I'm waking up, taking the diet pills, then having a protein shake, (scoop and 1/4th in 20oz of water) and taking the vitamins. around 5-6 hours after, i do the same thing, then around 6 i do about an hour of cardio (normally on the stationary bike) and drink 3 scoops of the xtend in 20 oz of water. and for dinner I've been making a simple broth with some mushrooms and broccoli. I'm sure there are some flaws in my system, but this is kind of my first run at really trying to make a change. The one thing I know for sure is that after the diet pills are down, i HAVE to switch. They are terrible for you if you take them long term. So ANY help on a diet pill that would help and that works great for major weight loss that you guys can recommend would help! I'm an extremely determined person, and I WILL get rid of the weight, I just want to ensure that I'm able to do it as fast as I can, just because patience is a virtue i'm not lucky enough to have.

if anyone knows if those diet pills are something I Should stay on, then please let me know, otherwise, i'll be looking for suggestions.

Sorry for the length my friends, and sorry that I tend to ramble. I'm just pumped up and i am looking to make this change now, not later.

Thanks in advance for any help you may or may not give!

Innerpeace32 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Innerpeace32 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Innerpeace32 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Innerpeace32 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Innerpeace32 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Innerpeace32 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Innerpeace32 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Innerpeace32 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Innerpeace32 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Innerpeace32 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Innerpeace32 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    No I don't have any magic diet pills for you.

What happened to playing football?
    "Discipline is the act of learning all the time." J.K.

cmrock207 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cmrock207 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cmrock207 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cmrock207 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cmrock207 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cmrock207 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cmrock207 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cmrock207 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cmrock207 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cmrock207 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cmrock207 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I'm kind of in the same boat as you when it comes to patience. I think that's largely responsible for why I've failed so many times at this kind of thing. I've had to realize that it's not going to happen next week or next month, and even if it did it wouldn't be in a healthy way. This time I decided to forget about numbers and just resolve to make a change. My goal this time is to finish this 12 week cut that I'm on using the basics of fat loss and I know that once I get to the end, if I am true to myself and the process, I'll see results. I definitely want to lose weight, about 60-70 lbs or so, but as a part of being impatient, I think that not seeing the numbers changing on the scale right away is a big part of what drove me to failure before.

I'm certainly no expert on dieting, but I don't know of any pills that don't carry their own health and safety concerns. I would look around this forum. There are plenty of guys that I've come across that have lost 100-150 lbs and are an incredible inspiration.

Whatever you decide to do, stay focused on your goals and good luck!
    Former nearly-300-lb club.

There is life, and there is death, and the difference between either one is one single breath.

Originally Posted by Innerpeace32 View Post
    No I don't have any magic diet pills for you.

What happened to playing football?
    Don't recall asking for "magic" diet pills, but thanks for the answer anyway brother.

I broke my back in a car accident 2 years ago. I'm able to walk, and run and all that, but football is out of the question for me.

Originally Posted by cmrock207 View Post
    I'm kind of in the same boat as you when it comes to patience. I think that's largely responsible for why I've failed so many times at this kind of thing. I've had to realize that it's not going to happen next week or next month, and even if it did it wouldn't be in a healthy way. This time I decided to forget about numbers and just resolve to make a change. My goal this time is to finish this 12 week cut that I'm on using the basics of fat loss and I know that once I get to the end, if I am true to myself and the process, I'll see results. I definitely want to lose weight, about 60-70 lbs or so, but as a part of being impatient, I think that not seeing the numbers changing on the scale right away is a big part of what drove me to failure before.

I'm certainly no expert on dieting, but I don't know of any pills that don't carry their own health and safety concerns. I would look around this forum. There are plenty of guys that I've come across that have lost 100-150 lbs and are an incredible inspiration.

Whatever you decide to do, stay focused on your goals and good luck!
    Yeah man I get where you are coming from. I have about 30 days of the phentermin, So i was just wondering if sticking to that, or switching would be my best bet. I know diet is key, but the pills will give me the boost I need, even if its a pure placebo effect.

Innerpeace32 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Innerpeace32 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Innerpeace32 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Innerpeace32 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Innerpeace32 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Innerpeace32 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Innerpeace32 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Innerpeace32 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Innerpeace32 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Innerpeace32 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Innerpeace32 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by alexmarz View Post
    I broke my back in a car accident 2 years ago..
    I had a similar accident when I was 20.

Count your calories, this is the hardest part. Your mind will find every excuse in the book to prevent you from doing it,but you have to fight trough it. I used livestong.com to track my calories for the first 2 months. I wrote down everything I ate, the purpose of this is to learn what you have been eating so far. This knowledge will stay with you for a life time. So you should start here.

If you eat less calories than you burn , you will lose weight. You might not look like it at first, or the scale might say otherwise for a short period of time, but stick to it. After all, mathematics is the foundation of every science.

Do not forget to eat enough protein/fat/mineral and vitamins with your diet. This is very important part of the picture. A small mistake here could stop weight loss. A very common mistake is to not eat enough iron for example. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reference_Daily_Intake

80% of weight loss is diet.If you get this part down right, you can walk 4 hours a day and lose weight. Walking or moving around is another important part of weight loss. Try walking to places close to home, like market or gym. It's good for Lymphoid system. This system absorbs and transports fatty acids and fats as chyle from the circulatory system. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lymphoid_system .

Eat approximately 0.7 grams of protein per lbs of lean body mass. Eat some essential fatty acids.

For Exercise , Cardio is good but is not enough. Lift weights at least three times a week. Hit all your major muscle groups. (Chest/Back/Legs)

We are all unique, you have to figure yourself out. Which diet is best for you, what you would like to eat to lose weight or what kinda exercise plan. I used IF as diet, All Pro's routine for exercise.

I wish you more than luck.
    Last edited by Innerpeace32; 07-10-2011 at 02:10 AM.
    "Discipline is the act of learning all the time." J.K.

Bearic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bearic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bearic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    CMrock Pretty much hit the nail on the head. You just have to realize it's not going to happen overnight, and stay consistent with your diet and exercise.

You also have to change your mindset (as cheesy as that sounds): saying things like "I know I'll never be skinny." are holding you back. If you want to reach a goal, what the phuck is stopping you? you're young as hell man you've got plenty of time to cut down.

cmrock207 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cmrock207 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cmrock207 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cmrock207 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cmrock207 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cmrock207 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cmrock207 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cmrock207 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cmrock207 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cmrock207 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cmrock207 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Bearic View Post
    You also have to change your mindset (as cheesy as that sounds): saying things like "I know I'll never be skinny." are holding you back. If you want to reach a goal, what the phuck is stopping you? you're young as hell man you've got plenty of time to cut down.
    This.

I still catch myself nay-saying a lot. It's a terrible habit that I'm determined to rid myself of. I CAN do this!
    Former nearly-300-lb club.

There is life, and there is death, and the difference between either one is one single breath.

latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

Talking

i think you have gotten some good advice on here already. looked to me like you needed more protein. what kind of dinner is broth? I am a lot older then you and a woman and eat salad, veggie and meat for dinner. walking is a great place to start but I would include lifting too. of course, it is up to you. some will say that if you have a lot of weight to lose to just concentrate on the diet and the cardio at first. I have done both from the beginning. why? cause i had a weak back from being heavy and I got tired of feeling weak and out of breath just carrying in the groceries. yep, it may take a little longer if you are adding muscle as you are losing fat but ....wouldn't it be nice if you actually had some muscles under there when the fat does go away?? Patience please. give yourself a break-do not be too hard on yourself. it took awhile to get into this shape, it will take awhile to get out of it. keep on trying ok?