killingxspree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Questions about my plan? Is there anything wrong with it?

Could someone help me out? I'm so lost.

My goal is to lose fat and be more muscle. I'm awfully skinny fat especially on my stomach and arms. I'm 5'5 and I weigh about 120 or under. I don't think Ive lost much because I've only been doing this for a week.

I've reformed my previous junk food - no exercise lifestyle. I no longer eat any junk and exercise twice a day seven days a week.
    1X 1 hour sprint, walk
    2X reps of eight dead lifts at 35 kilograms

The problem is I'm pretty sore. I think its the sprint/walking.
    Is it okay to do cardio seven days a week?
    I heard it makes you skinny fat?
    Will this hinder my ultimate goal of being a fatless muscle machine?

A couple of months ago I was doing 5 reps of 50 kilograms deadlifts. =( but I stopped lifting. I lose muscle pretty quickly by the looks of it. Because now 8 reps of 35 is HARD but it seems to be getting easier then when I started at 20 kg!

Currently I'm eating a variation of this kind of diet:

breakfast: smoked chicken or vegetable soup
    lunch: lentils or smoked chicken
    dinner: vegetable salad with dressing

I feel really hungry at night though and I have no idea what the calories in this are or how to calculate or how many calories I even need and also do I need more protein? And if so what kind of foods are easy protein?

please help Im a total noob.

Currently I'm thinking my path should be:
    I lose some weight (like I get down to 105 pounds) while still lifting heavier but not extremely heavy like maybe 8 reps. Then when I'm 105 poounds start lifting really heavy so I can only do 5 reps or less to exhaustion and do that 3 times a day then cut my cardio down by half an hour and do more weights with low reps and then go ketogenic and up my calories and protein. Is this a good plan?

Also is this what people are talking about when they say the cutting and bulking thing. Should I be doing this?

please advise. =)

greesemuunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) greesemuunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) greesemuunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) greesemuunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) greesemuunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) greesemuunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) greesemuunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) greesemuunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) greesemuunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) greesemuunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) greesemuunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I am not trying to be mean, but please tell me this is a joke.

read the stickies on nutrition...
    *"Obession is just a word the lazy try to call the dedicated"*--not mine, but a great quote!

Protein is to diets what black is to fashion: It makes everyone thinner." -- Lou Schuler

~A WOMAN'S PLACE IS IN THE WEIGHT ROOM!~

Originally Posted by greesemuunkie View Post
    I am not trying to be mean, but please tell me this is a joke.

read the stickies on nutrition...
    What part of it sounds like a 'joke' to you?
    *sigh* I'm trying my best but I don't really get a lot of the stuff on here. I thought it would help if I was more specific about my own circumstances and maybe then other people could direct and I could figure it out backwards.

The BMR thing is driving me nuts. I can't get a consistent number.
    So far I've gotten between
    1870 (random Bodybuilding calculator search including activity)
    and
    1196 (at 25% bf including activity! Seems low but this forum recommend it but 1196 I mean that sounds too low! Should I eat that much? Its the most most accurate one apparentally: Katch-McArdle Formula)
    and
    1393 kCal/day no activity though?

(usually I put 1.66 m or 5'5 and 55 kg or 120 lbs and my lean mass is 41 kg at 25% bf)
    Which one am I supposed to go with?
    and which ones are the stickies on nutrition? =) Im reading through the ' Best way to gain lean muscle and burn fat *READ THIS FIRST!*' sticky

thedogdidit will become famous soon enough. (+50) thedogdidit will become famous soon enough. (+50) thedogdidit will become famous soon enough. (+50) thedogdidit will become famous soon enough. (+50) thedogdidit will become famous soon enough. (+50) thedogdidit will become famous soon enough. (+50) thedogdidit will become famous soon enough. (+50) thedogdidit will become famous soon enough. (+50) thedogdidit will become famous soon enough. (+50) thedogdidit will become famous soon enough. (+50) thedogdidit will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by killingxspree View Post
    *sigh* I'm trying my best but I don't really get a lot of the stuff on here. I thought it would help if I was more specific about my own circumstances and maybe then other people could direct and I could figure it out backwards.

and
    1196 (at 25% bf including activity! Seems low but this forum recommend it but 1196 I mean that sounds too low! Should I eat that much? Its the most most accurate one apparentally: Katch-McArdle Formula)
    and

(usually I put 1.66 m or 5'5 and 55 kg or 120 lbs and my lean mass is 41 kg at 25% bf)
    and which ones are the stickies on nutrition? =) Im reading through the ' Best way to gain lean muscle and burn fat *READ THIS FIRST!*' sticky
    1196?? There's something wrong with your calculations. Can you show us the calcs you used to get this number? I assume you read this on the Calculating Calories and Macros sticky?

Also, are you *only* doing deadlifts? No other exercises?

eta: ok, hang on ... now i'm a bit confused. You said 1196 is your BMR but that it *includes* your activity? Well, that's not possible. BMR does not, by definition, include your activity. So, 1196 may well be your BMR - you then need to multiply that by an activity factor.

Reread the Calculating Calories and Macros sticky. It will start to make sense, but may take a few readings.

Originally Posted by thedogdidit View Post
    1196?? There's something wrong with your calculations. Can you show us the calcs you used to get this number? I assume you read this on the Calculating Calories and Macros sticky?

Also, are you *only* doing deadlifts? No other exercises?

eta: ok, hang on ... now i'm a bit confused. You said 1196 is your BMR but that it *includes* your activity? Well, that's not possible. BMR does not, by definition, include your activity. So, 1196 may well be your BMR - you then need to multiply that by an activity factor.

Reread the Calculating Calories and Macros sticky. It will start to make sense, but may take a few readings.
    oops I re-read. used kilograms instead of pounds for calculation so dumb =(

oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    At 5'5" and 120 lbs, you should start with bulking (gaining muscle), not cutting (fat loss). You need to add some muscle to your frame or you'll just look puny/sickly.

I know there are a ton of details you need to learn, and I suggest you set out to read, read, read. Educate yourself on how to achieve your goals. All the info is here on the forums.

In the meantime, keep it simple. You honestly need to gain before you lose.

So...

EAT.
    Eat slightly OVER maintenance - roughly 15-17 cal x current body weight in lbs. 1800+ calories... Yes, I'm serious.
    Eat at least 1g of protein per lb of bodyweight. Sources of protein-meat, dairy products, protein powder, eggs
    Eat at least 50g of fat.

LIFT.
    Lift heavy, compound lifts, full body, 3 x per week.
    Squat, deadlift, bench press, overhead press, lat pulldown, chinups, bent over rows.
    Lift the maximum amount of weight you can lift for 6-8 reps, 3-4 sets.

Keep cardio to a minimum, especially when trying to build muscle.
    I suggest 2-3 sessions of HIIT for 15-20 min per session.

Get the book New Rules of Lifting for Women. Even if you don't follow their plan, it will give you really good information to help you with your goals.
    "Start where you are. It's never too late to change your life."

thedogdidit will become famous soon enough. (+50) thedogdidit will become famous soon enough. (+50) thedogdidit will become famous soon enough. (+50) thedogdidit will become famous soon enough. (+50) thedogdidit will become famous soon enough. (+50) thedogdidit will become famous soon enough. (+50) thedogdidit will become famous soon enough. (+50) thedogdidit will become famous soon enough. (+50) thedogdidit will become famous soon enough. (+50) thedogdidit will become famous soon enough. (+50) thedogdidit will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You should also read the Training Program Basics (something like that!) sticky.

You're working out too often. Too much cardio. Not enough weight training.

Your body needs rest. Do minimal cardio. Lift heavy weights, with a good program.

I like to climb things. frenchiegirl's Avatar
    frenchiegirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) frenchiegirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) frenchiegirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) frenchiegirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) frenchiegirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) frenchiegirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) frenchiegirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) frenchiegirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) frenchiegirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) frenchiegirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) frenchiegirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi there:

Check out the nutritional stickies at the top of the nutritional page of this forum. It will tell you how to calculate your daily calories and how to compute the amounts of protein/carbs/fat you should be eating per day.

Once you get that dialed in you will be headed in the right direction!

If you want to be a *muscle machine* you should check out some of the weight lifting programs mentioned in the training section. Some good reads are New Rules of Lifting for Women and Starting Strength. You need to consume enough calories to build muscle and it sounds like you aren't even close to eating enough to get to your desired goal.

Good luck!

Could someone help me out? I'm so lost.

My goal is to lose fat and be more muscle. I'm awfully skinny fat especially on my stomach and arms. I'm 5'5 and I weigh about 120 or under. I don't think Ive lost much because I've only been doing this for a week.

I've reformed my previous junk food - no exercise lifestyle. I no longer eat any junk and exercise twice a day seven days a week.
    1X 1 hour sprint, walk
    2X reps of eight dead lifts at 35 kilograms

The problem is I'm pretty sore. I think its the sprint/walking.
    Is it okay to do cardio seven days a week?
    I heard it makes you skinny fat?
    Will this hinder my ultimate goal of being a fatless muscle machine?

A couple of months ago I was doing 5 reps of 50 kilograms deadlifts. =( but I stopped lifting. I lose muscle pretty quickly by the looks of it. Because now 8 reps of 35 is HARD but it seems to be getting easier then when I started at 20 kg!

Currently I'm eating a variation of this kind of diet:

breakfast: smoked chicken or vegetable soup
    lunch: lentils or smoked chicken
    dinner: vegetable salad with dressing

I feel really hungry at night though and I have no idea what the calories in this are or how to calculate or how many calories I even need and also do I need more protein? And if so what kind of foods are easy protein?

please help Im a total noob.

Currently I'm thinking my path should be:
    I lose some weight (like I get down to 105 pounds) while still lifting heavier but not extremely heavy like maybe 8 reps. Then when I'm 105 poounds start lifting really heavy so I can only do 5 reps or less to exhaustion and do that 3 times a day then cut my cardio down by half an hour and do more weights with low reps and then go ketogenic and up my calories and protein. Is this a good plan?

Also is this what people are talking about when they say the cutting and bulking thing. Should I be doing this?

please advise. =)

greesemuunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) greesemuunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) greesemuunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) greesemuunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) greesemuunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) greesemuunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) greesemuunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) greesemuunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) greesemuunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) greesemuunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) greesemuunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10)

and
    and

I felt it was a joke because of your food. Did you really see what you posted for your meals? Do you really believe that's healthy to eat that little? That's why I mistook this post for a joke. I apologize.
    I just assumed you would have done some sticky research first. Good luck
    *"Obession is just a word the lazy try to call the dedicated"*--not mine, but a great quote!

Protein is to diets what black is to fashion: It makes everyone thinner." -- Lou Schuler

~A WOMAN'S PLACE IS IN THE WEIGHT ROOM!~