Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by timberwolf View Post
    Is this real life?

Dang, I'm going to have to reduce all my protein intake and stop drinking shakes before bedtime!

I liked the part where they imply that a 350 pound "enhanced" pro bodybuilder absorbs protein at the same rate as a 95 pound ballerina!
    ★DSC★
    ★MISC Cologne Crew★
    ★4200 cals a day crew★
    ★Squat Booty Sorority Fan Club★
    ★Forum Member #109,914,313★

â–º â–º â–ºDirty South Crew gear: https://www.zazzle.com/s/thedirtysouthlifts â—„ â—„ â—„ (Proceeds go to children's charities)

jwitt72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Protein absorption appears to be lower than what most people think, according to the article below between 3-10g absorbed per hour. To make things more confusing, about half is turned into glucose (note: not bodyfat) by the liver, and the faster absorption rates seem to increase this. At a conference I was at a few years back, it was estimated that the maximum benefit (protein synthesis rate) of protein per meal was 7g EAA, which can be anywhere between 20-40g of whole protein depending on the source. This is probably where the 30-40g per meal recommendation comes from.

From Bilsborough & Mann "A Review of Issues of Dietary Protein Intake in Humans" International Journal of Sport Nutrition and Exercise Metabolism, 2006, 16, 129-152

John

alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz
    WOW.

That was one of the most thorough reams of horsesh!t I've ever read.

Swann74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Swann74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Swann74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Swann74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Swann74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Swann74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Swann74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Swann74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Swann74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Swann74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Swann74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by alan aragon View Post
    WOW.

And considering how much you have researched these issues, that's a pretty damning statement.

On the other hand, I now know at least one magazine to never consider reading for fitness advice...
    "The LORD is my Strength and my Song, and He has become my Salvation! This is my God, and I will praise Him, my Father's God and I will exalt Him!" - Exodus 15:2

My Dry Bones Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=135650711

snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Here is an interesting google find about the author of that ^^.

Is it really surprising that both arginine and GI are favorite topics of hers?

http://scientopia.org/blogs/whitecoa...-her-own-fame/

bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    The Doctor’s Prescription

Bodybuilders cannot metabolize more than 30 grams of protein at one time, regardless of athletic ability, energy output, weight or size. In terms of maximum muscle mass, the optimum protocol for an anabolic state is:

• Ingest 30 grams of protein combined with low glycemic carbohydrates, taken every 4 waking hours (not during or near sleep cycles).

• Do not ingest proteins 2 hours prior to sleep (avoids blunting GH).

• Do not ingest ketogenic proteins (protein without carbohydrates).

• Low glycemic carbohydrates are superior in protein drinks (as compared to high glycemic carbohydrates) for increasing lean muscle mass and decreasing body fat.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by snorkelman View Post
    Here is an interesting google find about the author of that ^^.

Is it really surprising that both arginine and GI are favorite topics of hers?

http://scientopia.org/blogs/whitecoa...-her-own-fame/
    Why does none of this surprise me?
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by ArchAngel'73 View Post
    You're going to get mixed replies on this one because even the scientists disagree on this.
    Here's my take influenced by what I've read from the experts.
    The body can only abosrb 40-50 grams protein at once, backed by research.
    Let's say you eat 80 grams worth. After the 1st 40-50 grams is dealt with by the digestive system there is still another 30-40 to go. And then the digestive system deals with that. If its needed, its used. If its not, excess cals get converted and stored as bodyfat.

It may only be able to deal with 40-50 grams at once, but it chunks it and eventually digests and utilizes/stores as bodyfat all protein in the digestive system.
    If your carbohydrate intake is low then the extra protein can be converted to glucose in a process called gluconeogenesis, the formation of glucose from non-carbohydrate sources and used for energy. You are not considering this path for protein.
    How can you visualize training a muscle if you don't know its structure?

Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by IronCharles View Post
    Is this real life?

Dang, I'm going to have to reduce all my protein intake and stop drinking shakes before bedtime!

I liked the part where they imply that a 350 pound "enhanced" pro bodybuilder absorbs protein at the same rate as a 95 pound ballerina!
    WOW.

But, but....it's "Canada's #1 Bodybuilding magazine".

ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by JerryB View Post
    If your carbohydrate intake is low then the extra protein can be converted to glucose in a process called gluconeogenesis, the formation of glucose from non-carbohydrate sources and used for energy. You are not considering this path for protein.
    Absolutely correct but it doesn't sound like OP is short on carbs, she's concerned about upping her protein intake, that's it.

Registered User silverlightning's Avatar
    silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    doesn't matter. have it all in one meal or two or three.

latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

Talking

Originally Posted by ArchAngel'73 View Post
    Absolutely correct but it doesn't sound like OP is short on carbs, she's concerned about upping her protein intake, that's it.
    Uhhhhh Noooo Ha! Carbs and not getting enough has never been my problem. no pretty much the opposite of that. I understand though that a lot of this seems to depend on your amount of muscle, your diet, your current health status. confusing though. I am just trying to lift heavier and thought it might make sense to up the protein.

timberwolf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) timberwolf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) timberwolf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) timberwolf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) timberwolf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) timberwolf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) timberwolf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) timberwolf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) timberwolf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) timberwolf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) timberwolf is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Lol!
    Glad I could provide it for you.

WOW.

timbahwolffff on Instagram

CONTROLLED LABS - Winning the WAR against GENETICS
    kane@controlledlabs.com
    Sponsored Controlled Labs Athlete
    www.controlledlabs.com
    www.controlledlabsforum.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice.

JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I cannot find information about Dr. Ann de Wees Allen's educational background. I did find she is a doctor of naturopathy. I found the definition of naturopathy stating it may include a broad array of different modalities, including manual therapy, hydrotherapy, herbalism, acupuncture, counseling, environmental medicine, aromatherapy, wholefoods, cell salts, and so on. I guess the so on includes quackery.
    How can you visualize training a muscle if you don't know its structure?

FitnessAfter4T is on a distinguished road. (+10) FitnessAfter4T is on a distinguished road. (+10) FitnessAfter4T is on a distinguished road. (+10) FitnessAfter4T is on a distinguished road. (+10) FitnessAfter4T is on a distinguished road. (+10) FitnessAfter4T is on a distinguished road. (+10) FitnessAfter4T is on a distinguished road. (+10) FitnessAfter4T is on a distinguished road. (+10) FitnessAfter4T is on a distinguished road. (+10) FitnessAfter4T is on a distinguished road. (+10) FitnessAfter4T is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    ^^^ This is good! Thanks.
    Lift heavy thing. Eat protein. Sleep. Repeat.

Quinney is on a distinguished road. (+10) Quinney is on a distinguished road. (+10) Quinney is on a distinguished road. (+10) Quinney is on a distinguished road. (+10) Quinney is on a distinguished road. (+10) Quinney is on a distinguished road. (+10) Quinney is on a distinguished road. (+10) Quinney is on a distinguished road. (+10) Quinney is on a distinguished road. (+10) Quinney is on a distinguished road. (+10) Quinney is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Ummm! Interesting! I wonder why the pro's with their super supplements grow so large then? I thought the positive nitrogen balance was maintained by super amounts of protein that could be synthesized by their Pro supplements, whereas us mortals were limited by how much protein our bodies were able to absorb without the specials supps? Therefore, they can eat more and all is retained whereas the protein in excess of 30 - 40gms per sitting for us went out in a sh*tting, train harder, and recover quicker without suffering the catabolic effects!?

Steakeater has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Steakeater has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Steakeater has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Steakeater has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Steakeater has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Steakeater has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Steakeater has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Steakeater has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Steakeater has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Steakeater has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Steakeater has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I use to eat a lot of protein probably over 300 grams a day and could never get lean. I have now completely cut out protein shakes and only eat 3 meals a day of solid food, no pwo shake nothing!

Results: I have continued to get stronger and have actually got leaner!

My current diet is:
    breakfast: 100 gram of oats with milk and blueberries.
    Lunch: 3 whole eggs, tin of baked beans and 3 slices of toast.
    Dinner: Meat, potatoes and veg.

My diet is now so easy, no eating 6 meals a day and Im saving a fortune on protein supplements and not eating steak and a whole chicken everyday!

I honestly think that I personally do not need anymore than 100 grams a day over 3 meals and I weigh 230 lbs and lift everyday.

Steakeater has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Steakeater has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Steakeater has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Steakeater has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Steakeater has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Steakeater has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Steakeater has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Steakeater has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Steakeater has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Steakeater has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Steakeater has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The woman who wrote the article on muscle insider is obviously not very good at reading scientifc studies!

She states:the study published in the February 2010 issue of the journal of Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise, in which researchers concluded that there is “Significantly reduced loss of lean body mass with increased protein compared with a normal protein diet in healthy lean athletes.”

So basically more protein means less muslce loss in a calorie deficit! yet she makes this out to be bad and that bodybuilders can't absorb more protein! She hasn't a clue! The muscles obviously absorbed more protein otherwise there would be similar muscle loss with the 15% protein group!

heres the actural conclusion of the study: These results indicate that ∼2.3 g·kg−1 or ∼35% protein was significantly superior to ∼1.0 g·kg−1 or ∼15% energy protein for maintenance of lean body mass in young healthy athletes during short-term hypoenergetic weight loss.

I can't believe that magazine actually published her article as it is completely contradictory!

snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Steakeater View Post
    I use to eat a lot of protein probably over 300 grams a day ...
    I honestly think that I personally do not need anymore than 100 grams a day over 3 meals and I weigh 230 lbs and lift everyday.
    While that is a great way to shave off calories, I think that the majority of athletes/fitness folks and scientific community would not advise an active 230 pound, 6'6" man to eat sub 100 grams of protein per day. Even if your main goal was fat loss.

While that is a great way to shave off calories, I think that the majority of athletes/fitness folks and scientific community would not advise an active 230 pound, 6'6" man to eat sub 100 grams of protein per day. Even if your main goal was fat loss.
    I would agree with you when I am dieting but I think because I am eating so many carbs at the mo, probably greater than 600 grams I don't think it is an issue as I am still getting stronger and putting on size. but definitely if you are in a calorie deficit you I would take in 1 gram per pound of bodyweight but no more!

drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by latebloomingmom View Post
    I have heard different things on this and I am wondering about it. I usually only put in one scoop of whey isolate in my shake which is 20 but some people put in two. If your body cannot absorb it is it being stored as fat? I would like to know because maybe I need to up my protein amount. thanks
    If I take in much more than 30 grams at once without enough water I end up with bubbly urine, which I understand is protourinea. While persistent proturinea can be a sign of kidney distress, my understanding is that if it accompanies frequent, high doses of protein, it's simply un-digested aminos passing to urine. What's supposed to happen is gluconeogenesis where the body takes excess proteins, adds an enzyme which yanks a carbon atom, makes urea nitrogen, and the carbon is used to make glucose which if not burned, would be stored as fat. For whatever reason my liver is lazy and doesn't do this, so I pee bubbles if I take more than 30 grams. Less than that = no bubbles.

Big Daddy has more kidney experience than I do, so he can tell ya more.
    B: 285
    S: 375
    D: 555

desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Yeah, I eat steaks with over 120.

Location: Liverpool, Merseyside, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    miguelmolez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) miguelmolez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) miguelmolez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) miguelmolez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) miguelmolez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) miguelmolez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) miguelmolez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) miguelmolez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) miguelmolez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) miguelmolez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) miguelmolez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Mens health UK this month says men only need 5g protien per meal to develop muscle and any more will.....Damage your Kidneys!

Originally Posted by miguelmolez View Post
    Mens health UK this month says men only need 5g protien per meal to develop muscle and any more will.....Damage your Kidneys!
    really? Can you scan the article and paste it in or is there a link on the webpage?

Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Well, I'd toss that magazine in the garbage, cancel your subscription and pretend you never saw that article.
    If you poke a bear in the eye, expect a bear like response.

miguelmolez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) miguelmolez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) miguelmolez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) miguelmolez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) miguelmolez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) miguelmolez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) miguelmolez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) miguelmolez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) miguelmolez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) miguelmolez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) miguelmolez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Steakeater View Post
    really? Can you scan the article and paste it in or is there a link on the webpage?
    I'll scan it and throw the link up tomorrow.

I'll scan it and throw the link up tomorrow.
    Cheers.

Originally Posted by Brackneyc View Post
    Well, I'd toss that magazine in the garbage, cancel your subscription and pretend you never saw that article.

Fortunatly I dont have a subscription, just bought it for a scan through. I'll be honest I do find all their articles to be silly

GET A 6 PACK IN 4 WEEKS!

BEST SEX EVER WITH THE BEETROOT DIET

Location: Dumbarton, Scotland, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Bad-Man has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Listen to your body man, I find 40g is ideal but I need 360g to maintain my weight so I tend to have 7 meals with 50g protein each time. I monitor everything, eat the same foods, check my bodyfat and waistline everyweek and am happy to stay at my fighting weight of 185lbs, but if for example I checked my progress 1 week later and had put an inch on my waist I would look at my whole diet, carbs, protein,fat, fibre, sodium the lot and make small alterations until I got it right. In a nutshell, the bigger you are the more protein you need but everybody is different and you will only know through trial and error. Find how much protein you actually need for the day and divide it up over 7 meals, and take it fae there.

jnwaco will become famous soon enough. (+50) jnwaco will become famous soon enough. (+50) jnwaco will become famous soon enough. (+50) jnwaco will become famous soon enough. (+50) jnwaco will become famous soon enough. (+50) jnwaco will become famous soon enough. (+50) jnwaco will become famous soon enough. (+50) jnwaco will become famous soon enough. (+50) jnwaco will become famous soon enough. (+50) jnwaco will become famous soon enough. (+50) jnwaco will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Why do I keep seeing this skewed info on protein. There was another health mag that recommended a ridiculously low amount of protein recently, too. Makes one think PETA is writing articles for health mags now.