___________________ teenage_guru's Avatar
    teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teenage_guru has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Homemade weight-gainer shake recipes

Do you guys have some calorie-dense weight gainer recipes you might like to share for your common hardgainer?? The protein i would use for this recipe would be sytrax matrix 5.0.

wutdafukdidujusaytomeulib 1quick1's Avatar
    1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Here's a write-up I did a couple months ago.

Step 1:
    Buy a coffee grinder. They are cheap and you can buy them almost anywhere. I bought one at Target but anyplace like Walmart will have them. Here's an example:

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html...sin=B000BRLXUI

Step 2:
    Go to this website and use the store locator to find a retailer close to you to purchase this product. This stuff is gold. 560 calories per cup and the store by my house sells it for .99 cents a pound!

https://www.bobsredmill.com/

Look at the nutritional value on this stuff:

Nutritional Information for
    Steel Cut Oats
    Serving Size 1/4 cup(40g)
    Servings Per Container 17.00
    Calories 140.00
    Calories from Fat 25.00
    Total Fat 2.50g
    Saturated Fat 0.50g
    Trans Fat 0.00g
    Cholesterol 0.00mg
    Sodium 0.00mg
    Total Carbohydrate 27.00g
    Dietary Fiber 4.00g
    Sugars 0.00g
    Protein 6.00g
    Ingredients whole grain oats

Step 3:
    Grind oats up with coffee grinder and throw them in your favorite shake. If they oats are took thick in your shake just add more milk/water. I strongly recommend 8oz of liquid to every 1/4 cup of oats. Obviously you will need more milk/water if you add more ingredients like peanut butter or fruit.

EVERY day I have serveral of the following shakes.

cheap, quick, easy to prepare

16oz ice cold skim milk
    1/2 cup ground steel cut oats
    1 scoop of ON whey (chocolate)

571 calories
    77 grams of carbs
    53 grams of protein
    7 grams of fat.

Obviously you can experiment with whatever you want to throw in there. Any fruits, peanut butter, etc etc. work perfectly. I like this because it takes me about 1 minute to make. Here's a couple other recipes you could try.

Hard gainer shake

20oz skim milk
    1/2 cup steel cut oats
    2 tbsp natural peanut butter
    1 large banana
    1 scoop of whey

899 calories
    110 grams of carbs
    63 grams of protein
    23 grams of fat

See what others have said:

Originally Posted by andrew.aikins View Post
    1st of all, you sir, are a geinus. The steel cut oat weight gain shake could quite possibly be mankinds third great invention along with the wheel and fire.
    Originally Posted by Latosaurus Rex View Post
    i love this guy, almost as much as i love my oats
    Tips:
    - constantly shake these up in a shaker cup because the oats will settle at the bottom for quickly.
    - always drink ice cold!
    - if you can not find steel cut oats, old fashioned rolled oats will work. Just don't get any that are "quick" or have sugar. Rolled oats are good just not as calorie dense as the steel cut oats.

U R Bunk is just really nice. (+1000) U R Bunk is just really nice. (+1000) U R Bunk is just really nice. (+1000) U R Bunk is just really nice. (+1000) U R Bunk is just really nice. (+1000) U R Bunk is just really nice. (+1000) U R Bunk is just really nice. (+1000) U R Bunk is just really nice. (+1000) U R Bunk is just really nice. (+1000) U R Bunk is just really nice. (+1000) U R Bunk is just really nice. (+1000)
    2 cups skim milk
    2 tablespoons of natural pb
    1/2 cup oats
    1 frozen banana
    1 scoop Matrix
    "Your doom awaits you!" - Hatebreed