preliatorfit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Get ripped in 90 days

Do you believe that a person can go from 200lbs of fat to 160lbs of lean muscle in 90 days? I know you've all seen them, the commercials that show the amazing transformation that happened over a three month period that totally transformed a person's body, my question is how much of that do you think is truth and how much is just marketing. I don't mean one particular company but the whole fitness industry that advertises this way. The same can be said about the magazine adds with this month's hot new supplement featuring our favorite bodybuilder or fitness model. I know a lot of it is "buyer beware" type stuff but others seem to be intentionally lying just to get our money. And for someone like myself who has struggled with weight loss, I find this level of misinformation not only insulting but potentially harmful.

What do you think?

VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by preliatorfit View Post
    Do you believe that a person can go from 200lbs of fat to 160lbs of lean muscle in 90 days? I know you've all seen them, the commercials that show the amazing transformation that happened over a three month period that totally transformed a person's body, my question is how much of that do you think is truth and how much is just marketing. I don't mean one particular company but the whole fitness industry that advertises this way. The same can be said about the magazine adds with this month's hot new supplement featuring our favorite bodybuilder or fitness model. I know a lot of it is "buyer beware" type stuff but others seem to be intentionally lying just to get our money. And for someone like myself who has struggled with weight loss, I find this level of misinformation not only insulting but potentially harmful.

What do you think?
    We all know about those infomercials. The only people buying into that crap are those looking to be fit without actually having to put the work in.

StillCold has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

What do you think?
    Honestly, it depends person to person. As the other poster said, you have to put work into it. And your work must be of QUALITY, not QUANTITY. The best way to get ripped I believe is doing a full body workout with one or two day break between. You will burn plenty of fat and add on good amount of mass with the proper diet and rest. Worked for me in over 5 month time frame and I went from being chunky and fat to being ripped, muscular, and lean. I still have a LONG way to go but it worked for me. There are plenty of articles on here; just look around and see what works for you! See what works for your body and what doesn't. Your key to success will be understanding how your body works and once you do, you will be able to get the best results by modifying your OWN workout plan to suit your body's needs and capabilities.

Best wishes,
    Allen.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Nope.

If you are overweight, you could expect to lose 2lbs a week on a fairly severe diet. This would have to go down to 1lb a week when you reach about 15% and less when reach around 10-12% if you don't want to risk losing muscle.

Even after this marathon weight loss session - assuming you manage to do it without your metabolism collapsing (you usually need periodic refeeds below 15%ish), you would have lost some muscle and if you didn't have a lot to begin with, you will just look scrawny.

So the next phase would be to gain some muscle. This takes time whichever way you cut it. Perhaps a year to look half decent, perhaps a lot more if you are not an fit active teenager with zero health issues.

Apex702 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Apex702 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Apex702 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Apex702 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Apex702 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Apex702 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Apex702 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Apex702 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Apex702 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Apex702 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Apex702 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

What do you think?
    This is the argument I struggle with daily, a lot of people will tell you it's not possible or it's a gimmick. I have personally lost a good amount of weight for a short period of time all while maintaining virtually the same overall strength.

I'm 6' 1'' at one point 199 lbs and around 19% BF in 4 weeks I was as low as 178 (although I only stayed there briefly and hovered around 180) and was measured at 11%. I will concede a + or - of a couple of percentage points, but I was measured professionally.

I will say that working out was a random act I did about 5 times a week. I did cardio and basic compound exercises following no actual routine. I did this all because I focused almost entirely on my diet. I was meticulous, I researched, and kept strict and complete(as complete as one can)control of my diet. The way I felt during that 4 weeks(brand new)made me a believer: diet is EVERYTHING.

Barring health issues preventing one from partaking in a diet program, weight loss is easy for one who is committed disciplined and determined. Gaining lean muscle is hard work, and the same adjectives apply here, but a strength program and time will apply more so with this than weight loss.

So UNLESS you are extremely fat or OBESE, I do believe with the right diet and determination, you can easily do wonders in 90 days.

tmntdonjuan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I think P90X with a strict diet regimen can work wonders.