Thread: Build/physique?

Maddogjr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Build/physique?

Hey, I'm new to the website, and am really enjoying it so far (so much that I just ordered 175$ in various supplements and Whey). I have been working out for the last 2 months, and have been following Jim's shortcut to size program almost to the tee. I am aware that I am not a big guy once so ever, however I also feel that I am not the typical ectomorph. I get comments quite frequently about having s skinny build, however I have friends that are much narrower than me. All in all, I am just curious what you guys think about my build, do I have the ectomorph build that causes me to be a hard gainer? or am I leaning more towards a mesomorph?
    I am 174 pounds, and 5'11
    Attached Images

koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    IMO, it does not matter what you are.. ectomorph, mesomorph, whatever..
    Simply adjust your diet according to your goal.

For example, if I want to gain some mass (bulk).. My bodyweight goal would be 1lb/week.
    I would adjust my macros accordingly. If I am gaining too much, I would cut back on my carbs or perhaps my fat intake. And vice versa.

Oh and don't be afraid to lift heavy.. helps to have a spotter when you are nearing a 1-5rep max.

Maddogjr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by koweanguy View Post
    IMO, it does not matter what you are.. ectomorph, mesomorph, whatever..
    Simply adjust your diet according to your goal.

For example, if I want to gain some mass (bulk).. My bodyweight goal would be 1lb/week.
    I would adjust my macros accordingly. If I am gaining too much, I would cut back on my carbs or perhaps my fat intake. And vice versa.

Oh and don't be afraid to lift heavy.. helps to have a spotter when you are nearing a 1-5rep max.
    This First year of lifting I have learned a lot, and I could not agree with your post more man. After around 5 months of a wish washy and boring (imo) bodybuilding routine, I found that I needed a routine as simple as strong lifts 5x5. I feel that this is a huge misconception for guys like me new to bodybuilding, as they jump straight into chasing a pump, when there is a good 3 years of simple compound lifts to mastered before. Now that I am deep into strong lifts I have never been happier with my physique, and I went from barley being able to perform the squatting movement to moving three plates with ease.

Loupel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Loupel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Loupel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Loupel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Loupel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Loupel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Loupel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Loupel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Loupel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Loupel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Loupel will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Maddogjr View Post
    Hey, I'm new to the website, and am really enjoying it so far (so much that I just ordered 175$ in various supplements and Whey). I have been working out for the last 2 months, and have been following Jim's shortcut to size program almost to the tee. I am aware that I am not a big guy once so ever, however I also feel that I am not the typical ectomorph. I get comments quite frequently about having s skinny build, however I have friends that are much narrower than me. All in all, I am just curious what you guys think about my build, do I have the ectomorph build that causes me to be a hard gainer? or am I leaning more towards a mesomorph?
    I am 174 pounds, and 5'11
    I will give you a heads up. You don't have to spend $175 in supplements to get a bigger body. I would suggest that you save your money and spend it on real food. But hey, it's your money. You can do whatever you want with it, but I am just trying to give you advice. Anyways, don't even get caught up into the different body types. It's just a lame excuse for complaining about your lifts and how your body looks.