Sampower666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Are wide grip upright row dangerous for your shoulder

They are compound excersice and hit 3 Head of shoulder but I was just wondering are they effective And does it cause injury anysuggestion.

SomeGuy42 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SomeGuy42 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SomeGuy42 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SomeGuy42 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SomeGuy42 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SomeGuy42 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SomeGuy42 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SomeGuy42 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SomeGuy42 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SomeGuy42 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SomeGuy42 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by Sampower666 View Post
    They are compound excersice and hit 3 Head of shoulder but I was just wondering are they effective And does it cause injury anysuggestion.
    All upright rows are dangerous, some more than others. The closer the grip and especially the higher up one goes, then the greater danger. I believe strongly all variants of this exercise should be avoided. Note I am biased as I suffered severe injury from this exercise in my youth.

Laygow will become famous soon enough. (+50) Laygow will become famous soon enough. (+50) Laygow will become famous soon enough. (+50) Laygow will become famous soon enough. (+50) Laygow will become famous soon enough. (+50) Laygow will become famous soon enough. (+50) Laygow will become famous soon enough. (+50) Laygow will become famous soon enough. (+50) Laygow will become famous soon enough. (+50) Laygow will become famous soon enough. (+50) Laygow will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yea man basically what someguy42 said. Just don't do them.
    Your front delts get hit pretty hard with flat, incline and shoulder presses.
    Your rear delts get worked doing rows.
    I've recently read about doing 45° incline supported rows. From what I remember from the article they will hit both rear and side delts (among other muscles). You could definitely give them a try.
    As far as side delts go, well they are a little tougher. While they are partially activated when doing barbell shoulder presses and to a slightly greater degree dumbbell shoulder presses, in order to more completely develop them you will probably have to just do lateral raises. Mix it up with dumbell and cable rasies. I train front delts with chest and rear delts with back. I'm trying to throw in side delts both with back and chest as they are lagging.