kymkoren has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

IFBB Amanda Latona Workout Routine?

Has anyone seen the May/June Muscle & Fitness Hers magazine? There is an article with a 4 week bikini body routine. It alternates 20 min HIIT and 45 min steady cardio 6 days a week. On HIIT days you lift and she mixes up heavy, moderate and high rep workouts.

My question is.....this is confusing to me based on what I've read in the posts. Everyone on here keeps saying all this cardio is bad. However, to look at Amanda's body it is clear she has a ton of muscle and zero fat.

What are your thoughts about this workout? Her body has me considering it. lol

viridian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) viridian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) viridian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) viridian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) viridian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) viridian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) viridian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) viridian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) viridian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) viridian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) viridian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by kymkoren View Post
    Has anyone seen the May/June Muscle & Fitness Hers magazine? There is an article with a 4 week bikini body routine. It alternates 20 min HIIT and 45 min steady cardio 6 days a week. On HIIT days you lift and she mixes up heavy, moderate and high rep workouts.

My question is.....this is confusing to me based on what I've read in the posts. Everyone on here keeps saying all this cardio is bad. However, to look at Amanda's body it is clear she has a ton of muscle and zero fat.

Can you post the actual workout?

Usually the programs in magazines are meant to SELL the magazine and dont really do much for an individual. Theyre usually based at beginners - who will get results from anything. IE, if you sit on a couch all day and someone tells you to take a 30 minute walk daily - you'll get results just because you are now doing something compared to doing nothing before.

As with any program though - your diet is going to make or break it.

ALWAYS double taps. carbonmade78's Avatar
    carbonmade78 will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbonmade78 will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbonmade78 will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbonmade78 will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbonmade78 will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbonmade78 will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbonmade78 will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbonmade78 will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbonmade78 will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbonmade78 will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbonmade78 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

I saw it and ran it for a few weeks just to try it out. I was looking for something new.

It's not a bad workout per se (I don't think.) The HIIT post workout isn't a new concept - NROL suggest you do it during the fat-burning phase as well and you'll see lots of programs that suggest 15 - 20 mins of HIIT.

I personally found the 45 mins of steady cardio on off days to be a tad much - I just did 20 - 30 mins (my dogs wouldn't let me get out of jogging ) If you're brand new to working out, the HIIT is probably gonna be enough for you and you could ditch the steady state..

Then again, if you're brand new to working out, I feel there's probably better programs out there for you to try..
    "If A is a success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

kymkoren has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for the replies.

I found the link to the workout from the M&F website but it is not as detailed as it is in the magazine and doesn't mention the cardio. They won't let me post weblinks until I have 30 or more posts, I'm too new.

As for working out. I've worked out for years unconsistantly and have been skinny fat for most of my adult life. I know very little about nutrition. I've lost weight on p90x but I would like to see some real result. I just get very confused about what to do. I want to loose some fat, then build some muscle. Thats my goal.

Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    That sounds like a good routine for someone who already has a good muscle-base and simply needs to spend a few weeks focusing on fat-loss to be "bikini ready." It will not turn you into a contest-ready Amanda Latona unless you're already damn close to being there. If 4 weeks of that routine was all it took to look like that, she wouldn't be anything special because...well, we'd all look like that. Well, except for me. I'd have followed several routines in MD over the course of the years and added at least 10 inches to my quads by now. LOL

Describing yourself as "skinny fat," you may be spinning your wheels by focusing on fat loss prior to muscle gain...that thought has probably crossed your mind once or twice reading the threads here.

egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Amanda76 View Post
    That sounds like a good routine for someone who already has a good muscle-base and simply needs to spend a few weeks focusing on fat-loss to be "bikini ready." It will not turn you into a contest-ready Amanda Latona unless you're already damn close to being there. If 4 weeks of that routine was all it took to look like that, she wouldn't be anything special because...well, we'd all look like that. Well, except for me. I'd have followed several routines in MD over the course of the years and added at least 10 inches to my quads by now. LOL

Describing yourself as "skinny fat," you may be spinning your wheels by focusing on fat loss prior to muscle gain...that thought has probably crossed your mind once or twice reading the threads here.
    This is very true of this, many other "celebrity" routines in the magazines and even in the fitness equipment TV ads and infomercials.

These people did not get these bodies using these routines or the equipment in the ads. It was years of various routines, attention to diet, proper cardio and many many cases. extremely good genetics.

The routine to me seemed flawed. There are too many exercises ( but yet no bench presses and squats??), too many supersets and I do not understand why the HIT is done post workout rather than on off days from training. The HIT would be much more effective done fresh rather than in a tired state after training plus with the body being in a catabolic mode after training, the HIT is more prone to burn muscle along with fat, so what has one accomplished during the whole thing?
    "People listen to rich folks. People they pray for poor folks"- John Thompson, long time head basketball coach at Georgetown University.

Passion doesn't pay the bills. G4P does.

sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Cardio is not bad. Doing ONLY cardio is what makes people skinny fat. Doing a lot of cardio while not eating enough will probably burn off muscle. Having said that, different people respond differently to various amounts of cardio. For me, cutting cardio way down was the best thing I ever did, but to each his/her own.
    Follow my 2018 competition prep here:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175566421&p=1547462721#post1547462721