Jim101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jim101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jim101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jim101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jim101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jim101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jim101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jim101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jim101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jim101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jim101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How long does it take to become a personal trainer

I'm considering it as a part time job and I just want to know

NYkarate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYkarate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYkarate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYkarate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYkarate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYkarate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYkarate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYkarate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYkarate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYkarate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYkarate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    As long as it takes to study for a certification test and pass it. That all depends on how much you already know, how good a student you are and how much effort you put in.

Jim101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jim101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jim101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jim101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jim101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jim101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jim101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jim101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jim101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jim101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jim101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by NYkarate View Post
    As long as it takes to study for a certification test and pass it. That all depends on how much you already know, how good a student you are and how much effort you put in.
    Think someone can do it in one summer?

NYkarate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYkarate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYkarate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYkarate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYkarate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYkarate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYkarate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYkarate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYkarate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYkarate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYkarate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Jim101 View Post
    Think someone can do it in one summer?
    Some have done it in a few days to a week. Getting paying clients is a whole other story.

Originally Posted by NYkarate View Post
    Some have done it in a few days to a week. Getting paying clients is a whole other story.
    Well for now I'm just curious about the length of the courses. I think it would be perfect and getting paying clients will be the harder part.

Agathachristie has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Hi there, I am currently doing level 2-3 personal trainer. I was a bit slow but I think you can do it in 4-8 weeks. Depending on the cours structure (online?) and your previous knowledge. Get some books and start reading.
    J?rg Thieme

Originally Posted by Agathachristie View Post
    Hi there, I am currently doing level 2-3 personal trainer. I was a bit slow but I think you can do it in 4-8 weeks. Depending on the cours structure (online?) and your previous knowledge. Get some books and start reading.
    You can do the courses online too? That would be good. I'm not going to hit the books yet maybe in 2 years I'm just wondering as a future reference but thanks

JeremyHendo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JeremyHendo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JeremyHendo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JeremyHendo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JeremyHendo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JeremyHendo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JeremyHendo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JeremyHendo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JeremyHendo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JeremyHendo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JeremyHendo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    To become a personal trainer does not take very long if you study hard, However becoming a SUCCESSFUL personal trainer takes a while, running a business is a learning process that is always changing

Originally Posted by JeremyHendo View Post
    To become a personal trainer does not take very long if you study hard, However becoming a SUCCESSFUL personal trainer takes a while, running a business is a learning process that is always changing
    Running a business? I was just going to apply at my local gym for part time employment.

JeremyHendo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JeremyHendo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JeremyHendo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JeremyHendo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JeremyHendo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JeremyHendo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JeremyHendo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JeremyHendo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JeremyHendo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JeremyHendo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JeremyHendo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Running a business? I was just going to apply at my local gym for part time employment.
    Yes and even though you are being employed by the gym, your clients are hiring you to help them, even though they may pay the Gym per say, they will still look at you as their consultant...the gym would be a place that you would conduct your business out of...also you may surprise yourself at the amount of money you can make if you become successful and may want to venture out on your own to grow... just something to think about as you start out your career
    Helping Personal Trainers Grow a Successful Business http://PersonalTrainersBlueprint.com

Originally Posted by JeremyHendo View Post
    Yes and even though you are being employed by the gym, your clients are hiring you to help them, even though they may pay the Gym per say, they will still look at you as their consultant...the gym would be a place that you would conduct your business out of...also you may surprise yourself at the amount of money you can make if you become successful and may want to venture out on your own to grow... just something to think about as you start out your career
    Icic, but for me again it's just to make money as a part time job I'm not concerdering making it a permanent job. And I was just thinking about doing like a month of training for the job.

simmer is on a distinguished road. (+10) simmer is on a distinguished road. (+10) simmer is on a distinguished road. (+10) simmer is on a distinguished road. (+10) simmer is on a distinguished road. (+10) simmer is on a distinguished road. (+10) simmer is on a distinguished road. (+10) simmer is on a distinguished road. (+10) simmer is on a distinguished road. (+10) simmer is on a distinguished road. (+10) simmer is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Icic, but for me again it's just to make money as a part time job I'm not concerdering making it a permanent job. And I was just thinking about doing like a month of training for the job.
    simple. six months or less to get your professional national certification. enjoy.
    Lift and Separate
    AFPA Certified Personal Trainer

If you're 14, just get a job at a gym first. You can get paid to watch and learn trainers in action. You are a bit too young to have much credibility with most people.

fast40 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fast40 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fast40 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fast40 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fast40 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fast40 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fast40 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fast40 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fast40 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fast40 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fast40 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If you can swing it, the PT gig is pretty good. Take on only who you want to, b/c the demand is very high for PTs all over at this point. I'm turning people away...which stinks, but I already have a full-time job, so only take the good stuff.

Full-time is very tempting, but at this point, the hours stink for family life, so it is what it is for now.

Hopefully, you have years in the gym environment before trying to do this. I'm sure you do, but I've seen a couple of PTs struggle that got the job and didn't know how to operate or teach folks the moves...

Good luck my friend.
    AFAA Personal Fitness Trainer

Specialize in Sports Related Fitness and Weight Training
    Collegiate Athlete

Originally Posted by simmer View Post
    simple. six months or less to get your professional national certification. enjoy.
    How much does that cost? Can you do it online?

phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Are you actually 14? A lot of certifications have an age requirement of 18. Just an FYI if you really are
    Only a life lived for others, is a life worthwhile.

Originally Posted by phoenixr2 View Post
    Are you actually 14? A lot of certifications have an age requirement of 18. Just an FYI if you really are
    I know I know but if you read my earlier posts it says "for futur" (key words)

Originally Posted by fast40 View Post
    If you can swing it, the PT gig is pretty good. Take on only who you want to, b/c the demand is very high for PTs all over at this point. I'm turning people away...which stinks, but I already have a full-time job, so only take the good stuff.

Full-time is very tempting, but at this point, the hours stink for family life, so it is what it is for now.

Hopefully, you have years in the gym environment before trying to do this. I'm sure you do, but I've seen a couple of PTs struggle that got the job and didn't know how to operate or teach folks the moves...

Good luck my friend.
    Thanks! Repped

Blood, sweat and tears BelieveExcell's Avatar
    BelieveExcell is on a distinguished road. (+10) BelieveExcell is on a distinguished road. (+10) BelieveExcell is on a distinguished road. (+10) BelieveExcell is on a distinguished road. (+10) BelieveExcell is on a distinguished road. (+10) BelieveExcell is on a distinguished road. (+10) BelieveExcell is on a distinguished road. (+10) BelieveExcell is on a distinguished road. (+10) BelieveExcell is on a distinguished road. (+10) BelieveExcell is on a distinguished road. (+10) BelieveExcell is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I live in the UK and am doing mine currently, for me how it worked was;

1) Book course over phone or online and pay
    2) Material is sent through to work through in your own time
    3) Book exams online for the specific modules which were - Exercise and Fitness Theory level 3, Nutrition Level 3, Health Screening Level 3, Business Case Study Exam Level 3, Functional Sports Training Level 3 and Practical Examination Level 3
    4) Book the 5 day course whereby I took the week off work, this is where they teach you all the relevant advanced training methods (most of which you'll know already) and so that you can experience what you put your clients through.
    5) Finally, after all exams are done submit your Case Study which is essentially a 12 week periodised program for a client you have known for a couple months who wants to step it up and get more specific etc. So essentially it's just designing a 12 week program to suit their needs/wants, within their guidelines and criteria.

The way it works over here seems a lot more complicated than the US system as I hear it is a lot easier to get qualified over there but it is relatively easy and organised in your own time. So far I've only had to take out 7 days from work and another 2 more to finish exams but only 5 days were taken off in a block and the rest are staggered so it's not really demanding.

Have you got your Gym Instructor's qualification yet? Because personally at your age I would just work as a GI for a few years, get the feel of what it's like to work in a gym environment, have your face about so people start to get to know you and develop some trust within them. Then when you want to move onto PT'ing when you're older that faith base is already established as the likelihood is as NY said above that they will be a bit reserved about someone so young training them but after a few years you may have planted an idea into their heads thinking 'actually ___ know's his stuff, lets give him a go' and makes it more comfortable for them as a client as they already know rather than just an alien drill sergeant.

I know that's a lot of info for something part time but hope it helps.
    'Because they're afraid that there's more to reality than what they have confronted. That there are doors they're afraid to go in, and they don't want us to go in there either, because if we go in we might learn something they don't know... And that makes us a little out of their control'

Train hard, fight easy.
    Educate, motivate, inspire.
    Expand, enhance, excel.

Lifetime Professional Fitness Instructor Level 2
    Lifetime Personal Training Level 3 (currently doing)

MikeCaulo is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeCaulo is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeCaulo is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeCaulo is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeCaulo is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeCaulo is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeCaulo is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeCaulo is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeCaulo is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeCaulo is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeCaulo is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    It can take anywhere from a long weekend seminar to a 4 year program depending on your comfort level and education.

Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Sadly, only a couple of weeks.
    To succeed at doing what you love, you often must do many things you hate.

SCfitness7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SCfitness7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SCfitness7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SCfitness7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SCfitness7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SCfitness7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SCfitness7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SCfitness7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SCfitness7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SCfitness7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SCfitness7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Sure you might only take a couple of weeks if you get an online certification but most players nowadays will definitely not accept certifications that. I would say three months at the minimum in order to get certified and build a great resume in order to apply for a job and actually get it. This is if you are studying a good amount every day during those three months. I have a complete guide on how to become a personal trainer that I suggest anybody reading this thread check out: http://www.ptpioneer.com/how-to-beco...sonal-trainer/

Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Honestly, years. Sure you can get a certificate over the weekend but that doesn't make you a personal trainer.

SCfitness7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SCfitness7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SCfitness7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SCfitness7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SCfitness7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SCfitness7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SCfitness7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SCfitness7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SCfitness7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SCfitness7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SCfitness7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The time it takes to become a personal trainer really depends on which certification you are going for. any of the top four certifications on my list which include NASM, ACE, ACSM and NSCA all take between three and six months to complete. Three months is more for the people that have some sort of exercise science background. And 6 to 9 months for those who don't. I have an updated article on the time it takes to become a trainer which goes over the average time for a lot of my friends, family members as well as clients of personal training to go through various certifying agencies from start to finish. I hope this helps anybody who still searching for a reliable answer.

husband, father, trainer KyleAaron's Avatar
    KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000)
    Good thing about these threads being brought up from years ago is it makes you think: how many of these guys got their quals? How many of these PTs answering are still training people?

Very few last...

Originally Posted by KyleAaron View Post
    Good thing about these threads being brought up from years ago is it makes you think: how many of these guys got their quals? How many of these PTs answering are still training people?

Very few last...
    You are right. Very few.

A personal trainer business is about people. Training them, talking to them, getting to understand them. Someone who has this ability prefers to ask questions on a personal, face to face encounter. This is the same skillset that will enable success. If one feels more comfortable in an anonymous, stranger online environment, then that person is already set up to fail.

Someone who is right for the professional of personal training would prefer to go to several gyms and speak one-on-one with actual trainers.

husband, father, trainer KyleAaron's Avatar
    KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000)
    That's probably true. That's another reason I say that before you start becoming a trainer, get a trainer. I think it's important to have gone through the process of being trained yourself, but also any questions you have about being a trainer can be answered by them, or by watching them.

Subscribe to my YouTube! getbigordie18's Avatar
    getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000)

what to do

Bad question most part time trainers never get any clientele. however if you know how to periodize, basics of human anatomy, endocrinology, etc
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94fe6xvYbVY
    Follow my Powerlifting and Bodybuilding Journey on Instagram derock5996
    Eat clean and train hard and keep it natural!
    -USAPL Powerlifter in the 93KG weight class